Only you; Jack Hughes

By I_WRITE_ANYTHING

Annabella Brodeur, well Ava. Yep, the daughter of the one and only Martin Brodeur. With a child's whole life... More

Chapter 1- cutie at Dunkin
Chapter 2 - Blue eyed hottie
Chapter 3- Bruised knuckles
Chapter 4- Kisses, surprises, and cries
Chapter 5- Date night
Chapter 6- America's Ass
Chapter 7 - Panick attacks & Jealousy
Chapter 8 - Oh My Friend
Chapter 9- a constant thing
chapter 10 - expecting the unexpected
Chapter 11 - pappa brods
Chapter 13 - birthday
chapter 14 - No. Fricken. Way
Chapter 15 - wait 'til later
chapter 16 - one week
17 - things must come to an end
Chapter 18 - Don't want to feel another kiss if its not from your lips
Chapter 19 - NHL
chapter 20 - so am i
chapter 21 - number one! Lets go baby!
chapter 22 - baseball boys
Chapter 23 - Happily Ever After
Chapter 24 - dreams
Chapter 25 - the same
hola chicitos

Chapter 12 - family

6.2K 51 5
By I_WRITE_ANYTHING

3 MONTHS LATER (DECEMBER)

everything has finally started going back to normal for me. My dad has finally moved on from Gen, my brothers were all doing really good in their hockey season, I got my incision on my leg and was almost completely recovered, and Jack and I had been doing better than ever.

Well... about that. I was currently freaking out in my room because Jacks family had come to DC to watch his and Quinn's first tournament. And yup, you guessed it, I get to meet them today. One of Jacks aunts had lived in DC so I was going to drive there and eat diner with them.

"Girl, you're literally gonna break your leg off if you keep shaking it that much." Victoria said, pointing to my knee that was frantically shaking up and done.

I sighed, "I'm sorry I'm just nervous, I've never actually been in that serious of a relationship that I've had to meet parents." I groaned in furstration, applying more mascara.

Victoria got up and straightened out my outfit a little bit, "Girl you look great, there's literally no need to stress whatsoever." She said with an assuring smile.

(This outfit but with white vans)

I finally had the courage and headed out the front door and into the Jeep. Since Gen was gone guess who got this beauty of a car! I played my music on the 45 minute drive there and thankfully it kind of calmed my nerves for a while.

As soon as my GPS repeated the words, "You've arrived at your destination on the left" I kind of panicked a little bit. But what calmed me down was the fact that Jack was waiting on the porch on his phone.

I took a breath and stepped out of the car, heading towards the humongous house. Jack finally noticed me and looked up with a smile.
"Hey beautiful" he said, embracing me in his arms. I inhaled his smell that made me relax even more.

"Is it bad that I'm nervous?" I asked with a chuckle as he laughed at me, "Dont be, because all that matters is that I like you, so if they don't I guess they have to deal with it."

I connected our lips with that, and it was a short, seeet, and meaningful kiss. That was until a little shriek interrupted us.

A small blonde child was at the door making a disgusted face at me and Jack. We both laughed as Jack spoke up, "Macy, this is my girlfriend Ava, Ava this is my cousin Macy, she just turned 5"

The little girl smiled at me and stuck her hand out. I gladly shook it as she asked me a question, "Who's your favorite princess?"

I was a little taken back by this random question, but I answered the best I could, "Rapunzel." She instantly shrieked and hugged my waist since that's as far as she could reach.

"Jacky, she's my new favorite." Macy said with a smile on her face. She grabbed my hand and ragged me inside the house and to the living room. Jack followed behind me, my other hand still laced with his.

A blonde lady sat on the couch next to an older man, and they both seemed to be about 40 years old. Next to them was a red head who seemed to be in about her 30's holding a baby and a blonde man next to her who seemed to be about 40.

"Hi, you must be Ava." The blonde lady said, standing up and sticking her hand out in front of me, "I'm Jacks mom, Ellen, and this is my husband, Jim." She said and I shook both of their hands.

"It's so nice to finally be able to meet you guys." I said excitedly, my nerves slowly fading away.
She smiled at me, "I know! Jack doesn't shut up about you sometimes and I'm so glad to finally be able to meet you in person." She said right back to me. Jacks ears got red and he groaned.

"This is my brother, Ted, and his wife Lindsay, and that's their new baby daughter, Becca." Jim said, pointing to the other couple on the couch.
I shook their hands as well, "It's nice to meet you guys."

"The pleasures all ours, and you probably already met another one of our daughters, Macy." Lindsay said with a smile. I nodded my head, "She's adorable."

"Thank you sweet heart." She said greatfully, "Jack, why don't you take Ava and go get the other kids, dinner will be ready in 10 minutes."

In one swift motion, Jack nodded and took me downstairs to a basement. "So you don't stop talking about me, huh?" I asked teasingly and Jack groaned.
"Oh shush, you're lucky that I like you." He said, kissing my cheek as we finally reached the basement.

On one couch, a blonde girl, who seemed to be about 10 years old, sat next to a boy who I recognized as Jacks younger brother Luke, who I've talked to on the phone before. Besides Luke sat a boy who seemed to be about 7.

On the next couch was Quinn, who was showing something on his phone to Macy, and what seemed to look like a 3 year old.

As soon as Quinn noticed me, he got up with the 3 year old in his hands and cane next to me. "Finally. I thought you'd take the rest of the year to get here."

I playfully pushed his shoulder, "Oh shut it." I said with a grin. He smiled back at me and pointed to the baby, "This is Tyler, the cutest three year old you'll probably ever meet. That's his sister, Macy" he said pointing to the girl I already knew, "That's Kyle." He said pointing to the 7 year old, "And that's Brianna." He said pointing to the ten year old.

So from what I gathered in my head, these are Jacks cousins.
Brianna- 10
Kyle- 7
Macy- 5
Tyler- 3
Becca- 1

"Wow, you guys actually have a lot of cousins." I said with a laugh. Jack didn't laugh so I turned to him and he spoke up, "That's only one of our dads sisters." He said with a chuckle, "He has 2 more and then my mom has another sister and a brother. And each of them have 2 kids at the minimum." He said and my eyes widened.
"Wow. I thought I had a big family." I said with a chuckle.

We then walked over to where Luke and the rest of the kids were.
"Hey loser." Luke said to me when he noticed me and I laughed giving him a hug.
"Guys this is Jacks girlfriend, Ava." Quinn said and all of the kids looked at me with a smile. They're honestly all adorable.

Macy ran up to Jack and he picked her up in his arms smiling. "C'mon guys lets go eat the foods ready" he said.

He intertwined our fingers while holding Macy and brought us upstairs. We all found our seats and peacefully began eating.

"So Ava, you live here in DC? And I never got to ask, what's your last name?" Ellen asked nonchalantly and I smiled at her, "Yeah I used to go back and forth for a little bit with my dad. His job required a little bit of traveling. But my last names Brodeur." I said saying that last part rather quietly. I didn't like the attention that I got from saying that my dad was my dad.

Mrs. Hughes looked at my happily, "Wow, thats really cool. My husband and I both worked and played in hockey growing up, so that took a toll on the boys as well." That actually took me by surprise because she was so calm about it and it made me love this family even more.

"So what do you do for a living, did you finish school yet?" Jacks aunt, Lindsay asked in the least nosy way possible which I respected. Jack held my hand at the fact that I would have to bring up my knee but I nodded at him reassuringly.

"Well, I played women's hockey for a while, and I was decent at it, but I hurt my knee a while ago which led to a couple more complications, but now doctors say I can be back on the ice in a few weeks." I said with a smile on my face. Lindsay was about to say something again but Quinn said something first.

"Are you kidding me? Ava was fricken amazing, she was and still is captain of the women's league. Dad you remember that girl that girl that we used to watch highlights of all the time?" Quinn asked looking at his father.

His father nodded, "Yes but her name was Annabella not Ava."

Jack let out a chuckle, "Dad, Ava's just a nickname for Annabella." He said, causing everyone to let ot a laugh. The rest of the dinner went well and ended with everyone telling funny childhood stories.

An hour later, we were sat in the living room, watching old tapes of the boys growing up and playing hockey. I was next to Jack, his hand on my thigh, which made me melt by the way, and he was holding the baby, Becca.

Eventually I had to say my goodbyes to everyone because it was getting late, and Jack walked me outside.

"So, what did you think?" He asked, with his eyes sparkling that ocean blue that I loved.

I smiled, "They're all amazing. I don't know why I was so nervous. And who knew you were so good with little kids, that's totally attractive." I said with a smirk and he laughed.

"You know what, I think I'm gonna drive back with you because I feel like staying with you." He said, shrugging his shoulders like it was nothing. I laughed as he went inside to say goodbye and grab his things, and we both jumped in the car.

After a 45 minutes drive back, and Jack almost falling asleep several times in the car, we finally made it back to my house. Everyone was asleep, so we crept up the stairs to my room.

I went to the bathroom and changed into a pair of loose shorts and a T-shirt, and came back to Jack laying on my bed, barely able to keep his eyes open.

He yawned and said, "I want to stay awake, but I'm soo tired." He said, rolling over and closing his eyes.
I smirked as I thought of an evil plan.

I rolled Jack back over, and brought my lips to his, causing him to instantly wake up more. He started kissing back and I slipped my tongue in his mouth, but the second I did, I pulled away and layed down.

"Sorry but I think I'm tired." I said with a devilish smirk, knowing that I woke him up and he was infect now wide awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 578 49
Sophie Amelia Tkachuk was the first girl to ever qualify for the World Juniors, and was the youngest Tkachuk sibling, the little sister of famous NHL...
13.5K 279 15
In which Adelaide and her childhood best friend, Luke Hughes, meet again after years apart.
131K 1.8K 40
When Lyla arrives at her new school, Crestwood High, her hopes of a new beginning are quickly challenged by the schools walking one-night stand. Lean...
43.1K 809 33
to him, she was always his heaven.