A Proscriptive Relationship

By JordanLynde

Holly's new, young teacher has a dark past, and a dangerous future. She soon finds herself charmed by his way... More

A Proscriptive Relationship: 1
A Proscriptive Relationship: o2
A Proscriptive Relationship: o3
A Proscriptive Relationship: o4
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 4-2
A Proscriptive Relationship: o5
A Proscriptive Relationship: o6
A Proscriptive Relationship: o7
A Proscriptive Relationship: o8
A Proscriptive Relationship: o9
A Proscriptive Relationship: 1o
A Proscriptive Relationship: 11
A Proscriptive Relationship: 12
A Proscriptive Relationship: 13
A Proscriptive Relationship: 14
A Proscriptive Relationship: 15
A Proscriptive Relationship: 16
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 17
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 18
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 19
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 20
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 21
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 22
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 23
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 24
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 25
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 26
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 27
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 28
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 29
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 30
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 31
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 32
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 33
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 34
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 35
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 36
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 37
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 38
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 39
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 40
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 41
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 42
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 43
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 44
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 45
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 46
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 47-1
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 47-2
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 48
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 49
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 50
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 52
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 53
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 54
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 55
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 56-1
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 56-2
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 57-1
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 57-2
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 57-3
:A Proscriptive Relationship: 58
:A Proscriptive Relationship: Epilogue
:A Proscriptive Relationship: Chris POV
Holly, It's Cold Outside.
The Gingerbread Scandal [One-Shot]
Chris POV 2.0
CHARACTER INTERVIEWS
Christmas Special
What if Holly was a gangster and not Chris?

:A Proscriptive Relationship: 51

656K 8.2K 1.7K
By JordanLynde

It felt like time had stopped. Seeing someone shot was a lot different than hearing about it. The scene of his body tumbling to the ground played over and over again in my head. Jeremy lay stationary on the ground while Shawn hummed to himself, stroking his pistol with his thumb. Casey let out a horrified croak, her eyes glued to Jeremy's motionless body.

I felt like someone had poured a bucket of ice water over me, and through my veins. Numbness spread through me. Shawn shot Jeremy. Jeremy could be dead.

"Jeremy?" I called, staring at his motionless body. "Jeremy! Jeremy, get up!"

No response.

My chest tightened. "Jeremy, please! Please!" I pleaded pathetically. "Jeremy, get up! Don't die!"

"Holly," Casey started in a quiet voice, sounding like she had been crying. "He could be alive... The bullet didn't go through his heart or head..."

Casey had a point. He had been shot in the stomach. Lance survived two bullets. Jeremy had to be able to survive one! But he was still unconscious and hurt. There was still the chance he could die.

I looked from Shawn, to Jeremy, and back to Shawn again, helplessness welling up in me again. Everyone was being harmed, and it was my fault. Jeremy didn't even do anything! Neither did Casey! Anger filled me and I clenched my fist, taking a menacing step towards Shawn. "You-"

"You... bastard."

My eyes shot open, and I twirled around to see Mr. Heywood pushing himself off the ground.

"Mr. Heywood!" I cried in disbelief and relief.

Mr. Heywood didn't even look at me. His eyes were focused on Shawn, anger blazing in them. Shawn smirked back at Mr. Heywood, cocking his head to the side.

"You're alive?"

"And you're about to be dead," Mr. Heywood growled, starting towards Shawn. He took about three steps, then let out a groan, and started falling.

I quickly stepped forward to catch him, grasping onto his shoulders. His weight almost knocked me over, and I struggled to keep him upright. Shawn chuckled from where he was, shaking his head pitifully.

"Chris, you can't even stand. What makes you think you're going to kill me?"

Mr. Heywood shoved me away from him. "I can stand fine."

"Mr. Heywood-" I protested, staggering back a few steps. He ignored me, swaying on his feet for a few seconds.

"That was a pretty cheap shot earlier," Mr. Heywood commented, sarcasm dripping in his voice. "Are you really that pathetic? It's a wonder how you became gang leader."

Shawn leered at Mr. Heywood. "Regretting leaving?"

"As if," Mr. Heywood spat angrily.

Shawn shrugged his shoulders. "You and Jeremy were the greatest assets. You could still be. Jeremy..." Shawn glanced at Jeremy's body on the ground. "Well, he could have been."

"I'm not going back," Mr. Heywood declared stubbornly. "Especially not under the likes of you."

"Likes of me?" Shawn responded with a bark of laughter. "Where do you get off acting so high and mighty?"

Mr. Heywood didn't respond, making Shawn scowl in irritation. "You really piss me off."

"Good."

"Mr. Heywood!" I warned quietly, staring at him with wide eyes. Was he trying to incite Shawn?

Shawn's eyes slid over to me, and I saw Mr. Heywood's shoulders tense. I glared at Shawn as viciously as I could. He laughed at me expression.

"Oh, someone is angry," he taunted.

"I'm-"

"Holly don't talk to him," Mr. Heywood ordered flatly.

I looked towards Mr. Heywood in surprise. He still had his back to me. Why didn't he want me talking to Shawn? Shawn turned his attention back to Mr. Heywood, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance

"Don't tell her what to do," Shawn demanded.

Mr. Heywood laughed once. "What? Are you her father?"

Shawn smirked. "Nope, but maybe her boyfriend soon." Mr. Heywood's fist clenched. "Isn't it curious?" Shawn continued. "How much she looks like my old Holly?"

"She isn't your old Holly."

"Nor is she yours."

"She's got nothing to do with this," Mr. Heywood snapped.

Shawn raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Is she a sore spot? Because you couldn't protect her, like you promised?"

"I-"

"Come to think of it, she gave you two chances, right?" Shawn stated, tapping his chin with his finger. "And you failed both times?"

Mr. Heywood's shoulders sagged. "That's..."

"And now it's going to happen again, huh? You're going to let the person you care for the most suffer the same fate? There's nothing you can do about it either."

Mr. Heywood stayed silent. For a moment, the only noise I could hear were Casey's shaky breaths, Mr. Heywood's heavy breathing, and my own heart in my ears. I was shaking uncontrollably. Not from fear, but from anger. Shawn was dabbing salt in Mr. Heywood's wounds. He was going into the past that didn't need to be delved into.

Shawn snickered. "You're not that good upon keeping your promises, huh? Did you promise this Holly over here the same thing? That you would protect her, just like old Holly?"

"Mr. Heywood," I whispered so only he could hear me, clenching my fists. "Don't let him talk to you like that!"

Shawn seemed to be irritated with Mr. Heywood's lack of response. "Keeping silent? Is the guilt too much for you? Knowing that, once again, you're going to lose Holly to me. Maybe this is what you deserve. For being a liar. For promising that you'll protect someone and failing. What kind of man are you, Chris? Do you think you're better than me?" Shawn guffawed. "Oh, isn't that a thought? Poor Chris. It seems like you're-"

My hand made contact with Shawn's face. The loud slap resounded through the room. Shawn stared at me in surprise while I returned his look with a furious glare, breathing heavily.

"Chris is more of a man than you could ever wish to be," I told him through clenched teeth. "The past doesn't matter. What's done is done. Mistakes are forgiven. What matters is today. And today, you're nothing compared to Chris. He is-"

Without warning, Shawn backhanded me. I cried out in surprise, stumbling back a few steps. Mr. Heywood yelled Shawn's name from behind me angrily and Casey screamed loudly. Before I could react, Shawn shoved me, looking furious.

"Chris is a better man than me? Chris, who couldn't protect the other Holly? Chris, who can't protect anyone? Chris, the selfish bastard who got you tangled up in this mess?"

"I got myself tangled up!" I shouted at me, shoving him away from me. "Don't touch me!"

Shawn quickly grabbed my hair, pulling me closer to him. "Tell me, Holly. Are you blind?"

My hand flew to his hand in my hair, grasping on tightly. Pain shot through my head as he pulled on my hair roughly.

"You know, if it wasn't for Chris I wouldn't have met you," he told me. "This wouldn't be happening. Don't you blame Chris at all?"

"Mr. Heywood isn't the psycho who wants to kidnap me just because I look like his old girlfriend!"

Shawn's eyes hardened. "Surely you don't think Chris likes you for you."

"He does," I stated stubbornly. "Mr. Heywood knows me, Shawn. You don't know anything about you. I'm not Holly Pierce! I'm Holly Evers!"

Shawn growled, yanking me closer to him with my hair again. I cried out in pain, wildly swinging my fist. When I felt it make contact with Shawn's face, once again I was shoved backwards. This time I ran into something hard, and a strong arm shot by my face, punching Shawn, who already had his eyes shut from my punch, in the face. Mr. Heywood grabbed my shoulder painfully, yanking me away from Shawn.

"Run," he ordered quietly, shoving me behind him.

Shawn swung his fist at Mr. Heywood's face. Mr. Heywood dodged, once again pulling me roughly to the side so I wouldn't be hit. This time he shoved me sideways, and I staggered a few steps away from him before falling. Casey was screaming something at me, but I was too focused on Mr. Heywood and Shawn to understand her. Shawn managed to knick Mr. Heywood on the side of the jaw, and Mr. Heywood retaliated by landing a blow on Shawn's right temple. Anyone watching knew Mr. Heywood had the advantage.

But anyone watching also knew something wasn't right with Mr. Heywood.

His breathing was heavier than it should have been, and his movements slower and sloppier than usual. While he still had the upper hand, he was handicapped by the injury on his forehead. I had to think quickly. That injury would not fair well in this fight... If Mr. Heywood was hit there again, something serious could happen.

"Feeling a little tired?" Shawn taunted, only slightly breathless.

"No," Mr. Heywood responded, dodging another of Shawn's swings.

Shawn smirked. "Liar."

Mr. Heywood landed a hard blow on Shawn's lower jaw. Shawn's eyes shot open in surprise, and he let out a little gasp. Mr. Heywood smirked slightly as Shawn closed his eyes, staggering backwards. Relief washed through me immediately. Was that the end?

Suddenly Shawn's eyes snapped open, a smug smile on his lips as he brought his arm straight into Mr. Heywood's face. Right where the injury before was. A split-second of terror passed, and I blinked. When I opened my eyes, Mr. Heywood was crumpled on the floor. Shawn kicked him savagely. Casey started screaming again as a gasp escaped my lips.

Now it was my turn to step in again. With my chest constricted tightly, I stepped in-between the two men, holding up my hands, my eyes shut tight. Shawn immediately stopped assaulting Mr. Heywood. When I opened my eyes I saw Shawn staring down at me with a scowl.

"T-the cops will be here soon," I told him in a quiet, shaky voice.

Realization flashed on Shawn's face and for a minute he looked panicky. "Shit." Then he calmed down again, giving me a hard look. "Then you have two choices, Holly: Watch as yet another person close to you dies, or come with me." He looked meaningfully at Casey.

"Holly," Casey started, but I shook my head at her.

"No more," I said quietly, my eyes flickering down to Mr. Heywood's once again motionless body. "Shawn, I'll go with you. Don't hurt them anymore! Please!" I begged, tears springing to my eyes. "I promise to do anything you ask. Just let them go."

Shawn sighed contently. "That's what I like to hear. Good choice, Holly."

"Holly..."

I ignored Casey, keeping my eyes focused on Shawn and his gun. My eyes flickered to the staircase on the other side of the room. The staircase I had fallen through not so long ago... An idea suddenly formed in my mind, and I caught my breath.

"Hey," Shawn said, stooping down next to the burly man's body. "Ben, wake up. Cops are coming soon."

"Casey," I started in the quietest voice I could conjure. "Listen closely."

Casey made a sound that showed me she was listening.

"I'm going to lead Shawn upstairs," I told her, my trying to keep my voice calm. "I want you to escape."

"What about-"

I shook my head slightly. "The cops will help Mr. Heywood and Jeremy. Just escape as soon as we're on the sixth stair on the staircase, okay?"

"Why-"

"Okay?" I repeated forcefully.

"Okay," Casey mumbled begrudgingly. "Will you be okay?"

I glanced at her. "I hope."

Shawn made a sound of disagreement with his tongue, pushing himself back into an erect position. "Seems like Jeremy really packed a punch. It's such a shame..." Shawn glanced at Jeremy's body on the ground.

"Shawn," I started, keeping my voice steady. "My phone is in that room over there," I said, pointing to the far side of the room, on the second floor. "While looking for Casey I dropped it in there."

"And?" Shawn asked, raising an eyebrow.

I gave him a flat look. "If the cops find it in there, they'll have a lead. Aren't you planning on kidnapping me?"

Shawn looked surprised for a minute, than concern flashed across his face. "Shit. You're right."

"Are you going to go get it?" I questioned.

"Yeah, and you're coming with me," he stated, grabbing my arm. "Let's go."

I gave Casey a meaningful look before following Shawn to the other side of the room. To cover any noises of Casey moving, I decided to talk.

"How come you only brought two people with you?"

Shawn shrugged. "I felt like any more would be too suspicious. People at the fair were already giving suspicious looks to Ben, Jamie, and myself. Besides, I knew you'd come around if I threatened Chris and your friends. In that way, you're just like my old Holly."

A cold chill ran through me. Yeah, just like her...

Shawn started climbing the steps, still with me in tow. I counted in my head as he climbed.

One

.

Two

.

Three

.

I swallowed nervously. What if the steps didn't give out? What if we made it to the top of steps? What would I do then? Try to run? What if Casey hadn't made it out by then? My plan would be ruined. This was the only thing I had left to rely on. If this didn't work then...

Four

.

Five

.

Six

.

Shawn stepped on the seventh step, then the eighth, and then the ninth. The one above it, the tenth, was the one I had fallen through before. Shawn over stepped it, putting his foot down on the eleventh. I held my breath, waiting, watching. Shawn put all his weight on the step.

Nothing happened.

Immediately panic welled up inside of me. Why didn't the step give way? Shawn had to way at least one hundred pounds more than me! Without thinking, I quickly jumped onto Shawn's back. Shawn let out a groan of surprise, falling back onto the eleventh step. This time there was a distinguishing crack.

"What the hell?" Shawn shouted as his foot plummeted through the stair.

I felt myself falling as well, and I gasped in surprise, throwing my arms forwards, trying to grab the next stair. Luckily, I managed to get a good grasp, but I felt Shawn's hand close over my leg. I was yanked down, my nail scraping against the wood as my hand slipped closer to the edge.

Panic flared within me again. I hadn't expected Shawn to be able to grab me before he fell!

"Don't you dare let go," Shawn growled. "Or you'll regret it."

"I don't plan to let go," I shot back.

"Good."

I tried pulling myself up, but with Shawn clinging onto me, it was fruitless. My arm was already tiring, and we hadn't even been hanging for a minute. It took all my willpower to keep hanging on while my arm protested painfully. I looked over my shoulder, my eyes widening in surprise when I noticed Casey wasn't by the door anymore. Nor was Mr. Heywood. Or Jeremy. How had Casey carried both of them out already?

I shook my head. I shouldn't be worried about how she did, I should be happy she managed to do it. Now all I needed to do was find a way out of the mess I got myself into. My hand slid another inch closer to the edge and I groaned, struggling to hold on. My guess was that the drop was a good fifteen-to-twenty feet. If I landed wrong, it would be enough to severely injure.

To my embarrassment, I felt my pants sliding lower. I really wanted to pull them up, but I couldn't afford to pull them up. Plus, with Shawn clinging onto them it wasn't surprising that they were falling down... I let out a small gasp.

Shawn was holding onto my pants.

Not me.

My pants.

I looked down to double check that he actually was clinging onto my pants, not my ankle. He really was. Just as my pants slid down another inch, my hands slipped again. My nails scraped on the wood and some slivers got stuck under my fingernails, making me wince in pain. I had to make Shawn let go.

I started moving my feet together, trying to take off my shoes.

"What are you doing?" Shawn demanded. "Stop moving your feet."

My first shoe came off without a problem, and I heard it fall to the ground below. It was a terrifying five seconds. My next shoe came off just as easily. The next thing I had to take off would be a bit more difficult.

I could already feel my face heating up. A part of me really didn't want to do it, but the rational part told this was the only way to save myself. I made sure I had a good grasp on the wood with my left hand before letting go with my right. Instantly my left hand slid down against the wood. Now I was barely hanging on.

In one swift motion, I pulled off my belt. Immediately, my pants began slightly off. Shawn only had time to let out a surprised shout before my pants came completely off.

I had to remember to thank my mom for picking up boxers at the store for me, and thank myself for not wearing girly panties today. Heck, from this day on I'd wear nothing but boxers.

There was a thump and a long, low groan from under me. Using all my strength, I hoisted myself back onto the steps. As soon as I was safe, my arms gave out, and I let out a relieved breath. When I heard another groan from under me, I was on my feet, scampering own the steps. I turned to go grab my pants, but instantly scolded myself. Shawn was definitely still conscious. I had to get out of here now.

"Don't move," I heard Shawn order.

A sudden, awful, anxious feeling washed over me. It felt like time had slowed down as I turned and faced Shawn. Have of me expected what I saw, while the other half didn't. A startled squeak escaped my mouth when my eyes focused on the gun Shawn was pointing at me.

Shawn attempted to push himself to his feet, but he groaned and eased his body back to the ground. "You..." he growled, glaring at me. "You'll regret this."

"No I won't," I said boldly, even though my voice was shaking.

Shawn never lowered the gun pointed at me. "Holly, I don't understand why you don't want to come with me. I wasn't going to hurt you."

"Wasn't?"

Shawn narrowed his eyes. "After the way you've acted tonight, I think you deserve punishment."

"Punishment?" I cried shrilly. "I deserve punishment? After you kidnapped my best friend, almost killed the man you know I love, and shot Jeremy? And I still deserve punishment? For what? For not wanting to go with a creep like you? Shawn, you better listen to me. I'm not Holly Pierce. I'm Holly Evers. I'm not in love with you, nor will I ever be. You don't know me, Shawn!"

Shawn gave me a harsh glare. "Come here."

"No!"

"Fine, you leave me no choice." Shawn readjusted the gun in his hand.

I felt my heart drop. "Shawn, don't..."

"If I can't have you, no one can," he told me, reminding me of one of the many horror movies Casey, Lance, and I watched last summer. Except this wasn't a horror movie. This was my life.

Before I could protest, I watched as Shawn's finger squeezed the trigger. I cried out, raising my hands to cover my face, even though I knew that wouldn't help anything. I could feel the bullet tearing through my skin, ready to render me useless.

____________________________________________________

I decided this chapter was too serious, so I threw in a little comic relief. I guess I could have kept it serious... but it was like, midnight when I wrote this, so I was like... I'm going to make her lose her pants. lol. Anyhoo...

Ignore my spellingm mistakes, please. My home computer doesn't have spell check. It's like, 50 years old. And I'm not good at spelling... which is really irritating when writing an essay for a test... but that's getting off topic.

I have something verrrry exciting for next chapter ;D You guys will love me forever, I promise.

Facebook page in link!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508K 10.6K 37
(Completed and being spellchecked) A student and a sexy gym teacher. 5 year difference, forbidden love, and a good girl bad boy story. Rose doesn't k...
472K 11.7K 40
Sarah has a new teacher, Mr Hills. Her ex gym trainer. The one she used to crush on, two years prior. He's a conceited jerk, and that's what trigge...
49.5K 693 7
A nerdy girl with a sordid past. Three more months in Uni and she is done. She can move on to a happier and better life. What if a certain professor...
41 2 2
Hayley starts back at college, this being her second year. She meets her new, hot, young lecturer (teacher) and instantly takes a liking to him. She...