Isabella Rose Universe

Av IsabellaAnne1803112

This is based off the Steven Universe TV show. Mer

Pilot
Theme Song
Gem Glow
Laser Light Cannon
Cheeseburger Backpack
Together Breakfast
Frybo
Cat Fingers
Bubble Buddies
Serious Steven
Tiger Millionaire
Steven and Isabella's Lion
Arcade Mania
Giant Woman
So Many Birthdays
Lars and the Cool Kids
Steven the Sword Fighter
Beach Party
Rose's Room
Coach Steven
Joking Victim
Steven and the Stevens
Monster Buddies
An Indirect Kiss
Mirror Gem
Ocean Gem
House Guest
Space Race
Secret Team
Island Adventure
Keep Beach City Weird
Fusion Cuisine
Watermelon Isabella
Lion 3: Straight to Video
Warp Tour
Alone Together
Lars x Isabella Mini Oneshot
Future Vision
Horror Club
Maximum Capacity
Rose's Scabbard
Shirt Club
The Message
The Return
Jail Break
Full Disclosure
Theme Song 2.0
Love Letters
Sworn to the Sword
Rising Tides, Crashing Skies
Isabella and Steven Sibling Oneshot
Cry for Help
Sadie's Song
Catch and Release
Back to the Barn
Too Far
The Answer and Happy Birthday
It Could've Been Great
Message Received
Super Watermelon Island/Gem Drill
Same Old World/Barn Mates
Hit the Diamond
They Float
Mr. Greg
The New Lars
Restaurant Wars
Monster Reunion
Bismuth
Earthlings/Back to the Moon
Bubbled
Mindful Education
Last One Out of Beach City
Gem Harvest
Three Gems and Two Babies
Isabella's Dream
The Zoo
That Will Be All
Storm in the Room
Rocknaldo
Tiger Philanthropist
Lion 4: Isabella's Tape
The Good Lars
Are You My Dad?
We Are Our Mom
Stuck Together
The Trial
Off Colors
Lars' Head
Dewey Wins
Gemcation
Sadie Killer
Lars of the Stars/Jungle Moon
Your Mother and Mine
The Big Show
Letters to Lars
Can't Go Back/A Single Pale Rose
Now We're Only Falling Apart/What's Your Problem/The Question
Made of Honor
Reunited
Legs From Here to Homeworld/Familiar
Together Alone/Escapism
Change Your Mind
Isabella and Steven Universe: The Movie
Little Homeschool
Guidance
Rose Buds
Volleyball
Bluebird
A Very Special Episode
Snow Day
Why So Blue?
Little Graduation
Prickly Pair
In Dreams
Bismuth Casual
Together Forever
Growing Pains
Mr. Universe
Fragments
Homeworld Bound
Everything's Fine
I Am My Monster
The Future

Political Power

1K 32 33
Av IsabellaAnne1803112

Isabella and Steven walk down to where the Gems are.

"Okay, we have everything we need for the experiment and Steven and Isabella are home fast asleeeep?!" Pearl exclaims once she notices them.

Steven waves, "Hey guys."

"Steven! Isabella! It's way past your bed time. You should really go back to the house!" Pearl told them, working on a machine.

"Steven didn't want to miss... whatever this is. What is this?" Isabella asks.

"Pearl got lonely, so she made herself a robot friend." Amethyst explained.

Pearl looked annoyed, "It's not a robot friend. It's a robot disruptor. It should produce a localized energy blast so when Peridot shows up to...meet with us, we'll have something that can knock out all her robonoids." Pearl places a robonoid in front of the machine and proudly holds a remote, "Now stand back everyone!" Pearl presses a button and the machine activates and sends out a very powerful signal that knocks the gems off their feet and shuts off all of the electricity in Beach City.

"We did it!" Steven cheered before the robonoid gets up, unaffected.

"Ugh." Amethyst falls back down.

"Well, you knocked out all the lights in town so that's a start." Isabella said with sarcasm.

Pearl turned to her, a little embarrassed, "Isabella, that was not the point of the-"

"I was being sarcastic." Isabella told her.

Pearl sighs, "Alright, that was a start! Now I'm going to need to take some parts out of the washing machine. Steven, Isabella, you might have to wear the same shirts for a while."

"No problem!" Steven takes off his shirt to reveal a second shirt underneath.

"Why?" Isabella asks.

The next morning...there was a knock at the beach house door.

"I'll get it!" Isabella rushes down the stairs and opens the door to reveal Mayor Dewey looking very sweaty, "Hey, Mayor Dewey! How can I help?"

"Hello there Miss Universe. Any of your sisters home?" he asks.

"I don't have sisters, sir. Only a brother." Isabella answers.

"I mean, your caretakers! You know....the tall one, the purple one, the hot one. Look, the power is out and I've been mayor long enough to know they had something to do with it."

"I'll get one of them. Pearl! Can you come here for a moment?" Isabella asks as Mayor Dewey blushes, fixing his collar.

"Coming!" Pearl walks over to them, holding the robonoid in her hand, "Oh, can I help you?"

"Yes...Oh hi! Beach city is currently experiencing a wide spread power outage-"

"Oh, don't worry about that, the power should be back on as early as tonight or as late as... never." Pearl explained.

"Never coming back?!" Mayor repeats.

"Yes?"

"No, no, no! It has to come back! The people of Beach City can't handle a situation like this, they need their electronic distractions so they won't know that this town is a magnet for disaster!" Mayor Dewey told her.

"Oh, don't be dramatic. I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, ha ha, what happened to that?" Pearl asks.

"You don't understand, sure things seem calm now in the light of day but when the sun goes down so does the town!"

"He's right." Steven shows up by the door, "Mayor Dewey, this is our responsibility, we'll help you clean up this mess."

"No we won't!" Garnet calls from inside as Pearl walks away.

"My sister and I will help you clean up this mess." Steven rephrases.

"Okay, but you're not getting paid." Dewey told them.

They drive down the boardwalk in Mayor Dewey's van and stop near the Big Donut.

"All right, we gotta go do damage control now or the boardies are going to get restless." Mayor Dewey told them.

"Boardies?" Isabella raises an eyebrow.

They get out of the van and make their way towards Lars and Sadie.

"Hello, youth resident of Beach City." Mayor greets.

"Is everything all right?" Sadie asks.

"You mean besides the power knocking out the freezer," Lars throws a box of melted ice cream on top of another box, "ugh, and melting all this ice cream?"

Steven looked shocked, "What?! Ice cream!?"

Lars sits on boxes of melted ice cream, "It's a real pain in the-Wahh! Ugh..." he stands up, groaning.

"I'd offer you some but its pretty soupy." Sadie places some boxes down.

"Is this happening to ice cream all over town!? This really is a crisis!" Steven exclaims.

"Steven, the real crisis is the freezer not working." Isabella told him.

Dewey places his hand on Steven's shoulder, "Now lets all calm down here, I have everything under control."

"You do?" Steven asks.

"Of course! The power will be back and the freezers will be working by sundown. No need to cry over frozen milk, here." Dewey hands Sadie a glow stick and election button, "I'll catch you kids on the side that flips. You take care now."

"See ya later." Isabella waves to them as she and Steven follow Mayor Dewey.

"Thanks for the glow stick." Sadie thanks them.

Isabella, Steven, and Mayor Dewey get in the van and buckle up.

"So everything is going to be okay?" Steven asks.

"What? No." Dewey starts the van.

"So, you basically just lied to them." Isabella states.

"Look, it's not lying when you're the mayor. It's politics." Dewey explains, starting to drive.

"It is?" Steven asks.

"Of course it is. Let me tell you something, when you work for the government you can't control what happens in the world but you can control how people feel about. That's the real weight I carry, making the good people of Beach City feel better, safer, more secure."

"But-" Isabella starts.

"What's my other option? Let the people panic and riot? That didn't work out so well for Ocean Town."

"What's Ocean Town?" Isabella asks.

"Exactly, that's why you've got to give the people something to believe in. When they see my giant head on this car rolling down the boardwalk they think "Here comes help!". Well, some people think "Here comes that exterminator guy." But then they realize its me. Their mayor! Have you seen that exterminator truck with a head on it? He's totally copying me."

"Uh..." Steven trails off.

Mayor Dewey gives Steven a brown paper bag filled with election buttons and glow sticks, "Here, take these."

Mayor Dewey parks the van in front of a large group of people arguing. He gets out of his van, brings out his megaphone, and clears his throat, "Attention, my good citizens. As you may or may not be aware of, there is a power outage affecting all of Beach City Area proper."

"Oh, really." Gunga said with sarcasm.

"This problem is just a temporary one. Not a big worry at all. Things could be worse. We could be in Ocean Town." Some uneasy glances and hushed laughs ripple through the crowd.

"Too soon!" Mr. Fryman said jokingly.

"Anyway, the power will be back on by sundown so in the meantime, just enjoy this beautiful, peaceful day outside. The power will be back on before you know it, I promise." The crowd murmurs in approval.

"I trust this man!" Gunga says.

Mayor Dewey whispers to Steven, "Okay, make sure everyone gets a button and a glow stick." he then faces the crowd while waving and grinning nervously.

Steven walks to the Pizza family and gives them buttons and glow sticks, "Have a glow stick. Here you go. Here."

Isabella walks over to Greg.

"Oh, hey, kiddo. You get some sort of secret government internship I need to know about?" Greg jokes.

Isabella laughs nervously, "Here." she hands him a button and a glow stick.

"Apparently you can never have too many "Mayor Dewey" buttons. Sounds like I'm not gonna be needing this glow stick though." he returns the glow stick to her, "See ya later!"

"But... Dad!" Steven calls out softly as the man walks off, "Noooo..."

Isabella and Steven make their way back home. They pause to look at the ocean before walking up the steps. They stop when they hear the Gems talking.

"So what if she shows up with more? I say we just mash 'em all!" Amethyst exclaims.

"It's not just the robonoids. According to Lapis, she's going to have backup." Garnet informs them.

"Who knows what she's going to have? We won't stand a chance against their weapons. But, if we can just knock them out..." Pearl trails off.

Steven and Isabella look over at three laser light cannons that are covered up.

"It's not about the robonoids, Pearl! She's coming with other gems!"

Steven and Isabella looked shocked at Garnet's statement.

"Says who?! Who cares! What does Lapis even know?!" Amethyst exclaims.

Isabella keeps a blank look on her face as she and Steven walk up the steps.

"Calm down, Amethyst!" Garnet told her.

"You calm downnnnn." Amethyst trails off when she sees Isabella and Steven standing behind Pearl, "Uhhh, hey!"

Pearl turns to face them.

Amethyst walks up to them, "Look who it is! Iiiit's Steven and Isabella!" she laughs before putting her arm around Steven's shoulders, "Our best friends! What are you doing here?"

"We live here." Isabella states bluntly, "Is everything alright?" she asks with caution.

"Of course." Pearl said nervously.

"Really?" Isabella raised an eyebrow.

"In fact, we were just about to play... cards." Garnet says.

"Yes! Cards." Pearl adds.

"Wanna play War?" Amethyst asks as Pearl growls in warning. She glances at Pearl, "I mean Peace?"

"Yeah! But... how are we gonna play cards in the dark?" Steven asks.

"We can light a fire in the fireplace." Garnet told him.

"Yes! Like Early Man." Pearl says.

Amethyst ruffles Steven's hair, "C'mon, Early Man."

The Gems enter the house but Steven and Isabella walk to the outside of the window. They watch as the Gems sit down and talk amongst themselves. The two walk over to the balcony as Steven holds button of Mayor Dewey towards the setting sun.

"When the sun goes down, so does..."

"The town."

Isabella and Steven run to the boardwalk and notice an angry crowd in front of Dewey.

"Oh my gosh!" Steven exclaimed.

Isabella and Steven stand there long enough to witness Mayor Dewey getting hit by buttons and glow sticks as he ducks for cover in his van before some people tip the van over.

"Let's go!" Isabella and Steven run over and climb on top of the ripped over van.

"EVERYONE, CALM DOWN!" Isabella shouts as everyone is immediately silenced. Onion narrows his eyes at her, "The power might not be back on tonight. It might not even be back on for even a year!" the crowd lets out cries of shock and dismay, "But I know that you're all going to be okay because I know each and every one of you." she looks at the Pizza family, "You're smart, " Isabella looks at the Fryman family, "you're tough," she looks at Lars, Sadie and Greg, "and you're resourceful. And you all care about each other more than you care about microwave dinners or video games or being able to see in the dark. I know it'll hurt your businesses, I know it'll hurt your lives. But are we really going to hurt each other?" The crowd murmurs amongst themselves, "Of course not! We'll face the night together and we'll survive because we are the light of Beach City!" The crowd cheers in approval.

Mayor Dewey climbs out of the van, "Yes! Thank you, Isabella. I couldn't have said it better."

"Don't try to worm your way out of this!" Gunga says.

"No, no!"

Steven speaks up, "It's okay! It's okay! Mayor Dewey was hiding things from you but he did it because he didn't want you to worry!" Mayor Dewey nods in agreement, "He was just sheltering you from the truth because he..." enlightenment and understanding dawn on him, "He loves you." the crowd nods and whispers in approval before cheering for Mayor Dewey.

Steven and Isabella high five before walking back to the beach house. They walk inside to see Garnet sitting on the sofa with Amethyst lounging beside her and Pearl working on her machine in front of the coffee table.

Pearl looks up, "Oh, hey, Isabella.
Hey, Steven." she looks back at her machine and murmurs to herself, "If I could just concentrate the-"

"Um... Do you guys wanna talk?" Steven asks.

Pearl nervously disconnects a piece from her machine, "And why would we need to do that?"

"Hey, guys. You still owe us a game of cards." Amethyst tries to change the subject.

Garnet picks up several cards, "Yeah, get in on this."

"N-no. We don't wanna play cards. We wanna talk about Peridot." Steven told them.

"Oh, well, yes. Everything is fine." Pearl reassured him.

"No it's not! Steven and I know it's not. We know you just don't want us to be scared but just tell us the truth!" Isabella told them.

The Gems all silently stare at them for a moment.

Garnet looks down, "Peridot is coming." she sets her cards on the table, "And we don't know who or what she'll be coming with. She's a modern gem with modern gem technology that's bound to overpower us." Steven and Isabella listen with shock, "The truth is... we're scared."

"We've been scared before, right? None of us know what's going to happen, but... that's okay." Isabella reassures them.

"We can figure things out...together." Steven adds as the Gems all nod silently in agreement.

The power in the house suddenly turns on and it is revealed that the entire Beach City is getting its power back as well.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

34.7K 847 12
Pretty much what it says.... First time writing something so here goes nothing..... Yeah
169K 3K 157
The title basically tells it all. I do not own Steven Universe, nor the characters, nor the locations in Steven Universe. All rights go to Rebecca Su...
415K 4.4K 65
Oneshots. That's all.
1.5K 98 44
An AU of my good friend's work, @Samuel152. Moonlight meets somebody who is about to change her life forever.