My Human

By Yesenia1una

Woken in a world ravaged by war, the planet is deteriorating quickly and Aeris is a lone survivor. Her one h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 Deep Inside of You
Chapter 36 Bound for the Floor
Chapter 37 High and Dry
Chapter 38 The Pretender
Chapter 39 Trouble

Chapter 10

6.6K 350 11
By Yesenia1una

I sat on the floor clutching my knees to my chest while I stared the tree inside my cage. Hours had gone, leaving me alone with my panicked thoughts.  My heart was racing and no matter how many places my mind went to, no solution came to the surface.  I was trapped.  My oxygen dependency made me completely powerless, not to mention my complete lack of familiarity with everything.  The right opportunity needed to present itself...I just didn't know what it was.

I wonder what Xan had done when he realized I was gone.  I'm sure he chalked it up to luck.  My existence was only complicating his life.  Surely there was no need to figure out where I was.  I'm sure he viewed me no different than these beings; a little inferior alien.  I was more work that it was worth for him at least if he wasn't planning on selling me.  Maybe he was going to, who knew.  Only one thing was clear now; I was on my own.

The ship began to slow down and I could only assume we were starting to reach our destination. Footsteps neared and then Deek's ugly face came into sight outside my case. I stood up and scowled at him.

"Don't give me that face," he snickered.  "It's just business."

I put on a more pleasant face.  "You are just a truly incredible piece of space garbage," I said sweetly, knowing he had no idea what I was saying.

He chuckled.  "Now don't try to sweet talk me, you're worth more to me in money than a playmate."

I tried not to show the disgust on my face, but it burned so deeply inside.  He was a pig.

"I wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot pole unless I was cracking you across the head with it," I cooed and he just smiled.  He really was dumb enough to think I'd be saying nice things.

"The best I can offer you is this," he said, holding out a black bag.  He reached inside and pulled out a slim, clear mask, just like the one Xan had given me on his ship.  Deek was preparing to take me off the ship.  

Showing nothing outside, I felt a glimmer of hope as my eyes rested on the mask.  An opportunity had presented itself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 10.8K 38
A standalone novel set in the Astronomicon Universe. ( REVAMPED in 2016 ) In 2078, whilst working the Trojan asteroid cloud, Captain Taylor and the c...
Stars By Steve Baretsky

Science Fiction

1.1K 122 25
The world is in peril. Mankind stands on the precipice; facing extinction. How did it come to this? What's the next step? Follow humanity's last chan...
Beyond space By m4nkind

Science Fiction

220 35 3
A man wakes up in a hibernation bath. His memory is gloomy yet he knows that things had gone wrong before he went to sleep. Even though everyone exce...
37.4K 2.5K 39
It's the year 2309 and the question of whether we are alone in the universe is finally answered; an answer which ends in a full-scale war. Desperate...