come closer || nh au

Autorstwa nothisiseileen

Violet is a usually quiet, book loving girl with a fable for online book blogs, tattoos and obsessing over Co... Więcej

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine

fifty

2.5K 46 99
Autorstwa nothisiseileen

Two Years later

"I give up! I'm going to be a hooker!"

I don't even know what this crap means. My textbooks are scattred across the floor of my apartment. Menchie lays on my programming textbook, purring as I give no attention to her but rather scream at my stupid Calculus homework that's laying on the ground in front of me.

"Damn, what's wrong with you?", Riley asks, as I hide my face in my hands before I get a complete mental breakdown.

"I don't get this and I have a test tomorrow. I need at least a 80 to stay on an A", I groan.

It's so stupid that I have my final test of the semester right before the Christmas holidays. I didn't even get presents yet.

"Well, I can't help you. I don't have that class and I sucked in Calculus in high school, too", she chuckles, "Why don't you call Zach? Isn't he an engineering major?"

I sigh. Zach is in class and I don't want to text him. His professor will kill him.

"He's in Mr Douglas' class", I explain.

"Wow, not even your boyfriend has time to help you with your homework... You could
call Niall. He's out of class and he even has Calculus. He told me the last time that he Facetimed me", Riley tells me.

I shrug. I haven't talked to Niall in a few days. Maybe he'll help me. Niall and I aren't together anymore. We broke up when I moved to college. Our relationship was just sex and hurting each other in the end, so we ended it on good terms. Niall and I still call, text, Facetime, etc. It's not like we hate each other. We went apart for mutual reasons. Of course, I was heartbroken and cried my eyes out but I still got to see Niall all the time. Sadly, he's still in Alabama. He goes to the University of Alabama, which was his dream. I decided to go to the University of Georgia in Athens. After Niall and the others graduated, things became pretty quiet around town. Wesley lives at Baylor University now, studying Economics. Lilian is trying law school there, too. Jake on the other hand stayed in Tuscaloosa. He works for a restaurant and lives with his parents. The universities he applied to all dropped him, even the ones that he was waitlisted on. He'll be applying again soon but he wanted to make sure he had the financial stuff cleared first. Ryan and Mere live in New York. They both attend NYU. Mia and Luke decided to break up when they found out that Mia had to move to Canada due to her father having a great work opportunity. Luke is now doing a "work and travel" in Austria. Finally, there is Connor. He actually decided to go to the military. He's now stationed in Fort Irwin, California at the moment but hopes to be back soon. Then, there's Riley and I. We live in Athens, Georgia and try to fit in with all of these people. It's a beautiful campus and we both made quite a few friends. After we came here, she actually joined a sorority. Kappa Delta. She usually takes me to the date nights but when she has a fling going on, she usually takes that person.

"I don't want to Facetime Niall", I admit, knowing that it will hurt like every time.

I'm not over it quite yet but Zach helps me get through it a little at least. Zach and I met in our management based class. I was quite lost and he just decided to jump in my life to help me find my way. He asked me on a date two weeks later and we got together about two weeks after that. We're together for four and a half months now and it's going quite well between us. It's not like the relationship with Niall or Tobias. We can actually sit down together and not have sex all the time. With Niall that was quite different. Every time we met, we did something sexual and it wasn't what I wanted. Niall and I really parted on good terms.

"Well, too late", Riley mocks, holding her phone down to me.

It's currently dialing Niall's phone for a Facetime call. God, I look so bad. I haven't showered in three days and my face looks like the surface of the moon. I glare at Riley, as she sits down on our couch to watch me suffer. Soon, Niall's face pops up, smiling at me.

"Hey, what's up, Riley?", he asks, making me shiver.

"Hey, it's actually Violet. You said you have a Calculus class and I wanted to ask you if you can help me with studying for my final tomorrow", I ask, smiling nervously.

As he stays silent, I look at him. He's wearing no shirt and his tattooed arms and chest are visible for me. He got all of those in two years.

"Sure, maybe call me from your laptop in your room on my laptop. That might be easier for both of us. This might take a while", Niall smirks, hanging up.

Riley laughs, as she sees my confused expression.

"See, wasn't that hard", she mocks me.

I flip her off, laughing, as I gather my things and move it to my room. I shut the door behind me, Menchie staying outside with Riley. She'd only make me procrastinate. I take my laptop and sit down on my bed, opening the Facetime app and calling Niall on his laptop while I sort my textbooks. He takes the call, now wearing a shirt.

"So, where do we begin?", he asks, giving me a smug look.

He knows that I hate being tutored by him but it's really only when I'm being tutored by him. I mean, we had something going on between each other. We start doing some problems and Niall explains what I need to do. While I'm working on an assignment, Niall decides to start a conversation.

"How's it going with Zach?", he asks.

I smile a bit. Him and Zack actually get along. They behaved like best friends when we were meeting up as a whole friend group around Thanksgiving.

"It's going really well. We're actually going out one last time before Christmas break tomorrow. He's taking me to an Italian restaurant", I smile to myself, looking down at the task, solving it smoothly.

"That's really nice. Why don't you bring him to our New Years party? He'd get along great with everyone. I mean, Thanksgiving was so much fun with him and everyone else's partners."

I shrug, as I show him my results through the camera. He tells me that my results are correct.

"I can ask him but I can't promise anything. Are we at your place around New Years? You'd have to send me your adress again. I'm not really up to date anymore", I chuckle.

"Sure, I was going to send out an invitation to our friends anyway. Maybe you can help me plan everything. You'll be home around Christmas, won't you?", Niall asks, looking at me in a pleading manner.

"Yeah, sure. I'll help. Maybe, I can move Wesley to help aswell."

*****

"Oh god, we forgot the fireworks!", Niall exclaims, as we look around his apartment for the little rockets.

"I'm pretty sure that I bought some and put them in the kitchen yesterday", Riley squeaks from behind me.

I open the cabinet above the toaster. I only find different kinds of bread and Poptarts. Why would Riley put the fireworks in the kitchen?

"I found them!", I hear Lilian ahout from somewhere in the house.

She walks into the kitchen with the rockets under her arm. Her face shows us that she'd rather not tell us where they were. I glare at Riley, seeing that she's quite confused.

"Honestly, this describes our group pretty well", Mere suddenly laughs.

We all chime in. Zach lays a hand on my lower back, causing butterflies to dance in my stomach. His scent fills my nose, as I recover from laughing.

"We're so stupid", Jake exclaims, entering the kitchen, too.

I take a look at the clock, seeing it's 11:45pm. We should get going outside. Mia and Niall's girlfriend, Grace, start filling some champagne glasses for us to give a toast on the new year. We start piling out of the apartment, jackets tightly wrapped around our bodies and champagne glasses in our hands. Zach keeps his hand on my back the whole way down to the road of Niall's apartment. Many other people from the apartments also go down to the road. I feel quite happy. Niall actually saved my ass that night before the Calculus exam. My professor gave me a 96 on the test. He uploaded the results on Christmas day. He gave us each two points more as a small present.

"Okay, let's find a place to stand", Mere suggests, as we get down to the road.

There are no cars, only people are on the road. We decide to stand a little down the road by some other college students. They seem to be a little more drunk than we, even though we already played drinking games together. A few of us light themselves a cigarette. I actually quit smorking. I don't even smoke weed anymore. It makes me feel like a better person somehow.

"So, how are you feeling?", Zach whispers in my ear, as the others set up the first few rockets.

"I'm doing really good actually", I tell him, turning to look at him.

He smiles down at me, one hand on my hip, the other holding the champagne glass.

"Good."

"Ten", our friends start shouting, aswell as everyone on the road.

Zach bends down to me, our lips almost touching. As we count down quietly, our breaths mix. His body radiates warmth, making me feel secure.

"Three, Two, One! Happy New Year!", everyone shouts.

Zach finally connects our lips. A burst of emotions overwhelm me. Slowly, a smile forms on my lips. I love him. Just like I once loved Tobi. Just like I once loved Niall. We never said those three simple words to each other but it's time to say it. I know that it's time. I feel it.

"Happy New Year, Zach. I love you", I whisper, looking up into his eyes.

His eyes widen, looking shocked but happy. Again, he pulls me into a kiss.

"I love you", he whispers, as we part.

We stay silent a few moments before the loud fireworks separate us. I distance myself from him again. It's time to hug our friends. I go around, hugging everyone until I have Niall left. Our eyes meet, knowing the emotions the other person is feeling. We walk towards each other, arms out for an embrace. As my face meets his chest, I let out a sob. I'm so grateful for everything and everyone I have.

"Happy New Year, loser", he mumbles, remembering how my brother used to call me.

"Happy New Year, Horan."

"Stop crying, please", he whispers, looking down at my face.

I nod, trying to keep my shit together.

"I'm just so grateful for everything."

I don't know how I deserve this. Honestly, I have amazing friends, a healthy relationship and everything I always wanted. What more could I even want? I can only hope that we all come together closer and stay together forever.

The End.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

220K 5.8K 86
[COMPLETED] trep·i·da·tion a feeling of fear or agitation about something that may happen. *** "You'll see the truth one day." I whispered against...
158K 3.3K 61
Hoodies hide my ugly body from the people around me. Just one night it didn't work and I met him on the roof of the abdonned house. He wanted to help...
49.1K 1.3K 53
*this story contains mature and explicit content.* [on going] rules, secrets, and lies all get uncovered eventually. and then what remains is the b...
10.6K 191 23
Running a successful international gang is hard but even harder when you're only just turning 18 and running it with your best friend from childhood...