Started as His Wife (ON HIATU...

By KawaiiRilakxKuma

*****THIRD BOOK OF "STARTED AS HIS..." SERIES***** Wendy and Vincent begin a new chapter in their lives. With... More

Every Atom
Wendy's Letter
Us Idiots
The S-Word
Bed
I'm Not Him
Our Night
Just Hate Me
Baby Fever
Okay
Tuna Breath
Father's Day
Belly
Bracelet
Kicking
Dead Weight
Otherwise
Joking
Greg's Letter
Those Who Hurt
587
Eye Smiles
Whiskey
Author's Update: HUGE APOLOGY
Anywhere But
I Should've Known
The One Who Misses Me
Family
Surrender
Brioche

Yawn

2.4K 116 46
By KawaiiRilakxKuma

Vincent's POV

"Why was his gift so big?" I ask from on top of the bed. I lay on my stomach with my head and arm hanging over the edge, watching Wendy neatly fold our clothes into the suitcase. 

"Why shouldn't it be?" she asks back, closing the top flap of the suitcase after placing the last article of clothes. 

"It shouldn't be bigger than mine."

"Bigger doesn't mean better," Wendy counters. 

"I'm living proof that bigger is better," I smirk. 

"What's big about you?"

"Well...my...never mind," I dismiss the dirty idea in my head for Wendy's sake. 

"Well, I can assure you, your gift is better," Wendy smiles.

"Fine. Tell me what you got Grayson so I'll know later if you lied."

"A shoulder massager. He's probably sore from all of his action scenes and workouts."

"I get it. He's famous. He works out. He's great," I groan, rolling over onto my back. 

"Why would you ask if you're only going to get upset?" Wendy sighs. "Plus, I just said your gift is better."

"We'll see," I reply with little enthusiasm on purpose. 

"You'll love it. I just know it," Wendy reassures me. She places a quick peck on my lips while I'm staring up at the ceiling before getting up and leaving the room with Grayson's present. 

If only she knew what I really want... 

I want a whole day with just her. Just us two and no one else. Not with our friends. Not with our family. 

It seems the days of going on dates are behind us now. We didn't see each other often for the six years I was in college except for our reunion with friends on breaks. However, we were slightly awkward with each other and always had our friends with us. Even now, when we do hang out, it's always with our friends. Other times, it would be dinners with our families. Apart from these occasional breaks, Wendy and I would always be working, cooking, washing, cleaning, and the other boring things involved with being an adult. The only alone time we have together is bedtime, which is when we pass out from exhaustion. 

And thanks to Grayson, I'm spending my precious vacation days from work third-wheeling him and Wendy. Today's already Christmas Eve, so I'm dreading the prospects of tomorrow being just as awful.

After a while, Wendy comes back upstairs and grins at me. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask, still sprawled across the bed. 

"Are you still sulking?" Wendy laughs and sits down on the edge of her bed, her hand resting on my stomach. 

I move her hand off. "You can touch my stomach after I get my abs back," I frown, embarrassed by my soft belly. 

"What's wrong with a squishy belly? I have one too." She lifts her shirt to reveal her belly and pinches the skin together to form a mouth with her belly button. I'm flustered by her sudden show of skin, so I pull her shirt back down. 

"You used to love tracing my abs in your sleep," I remind her. 

"W-w-what? N-n-no!" Wendy denies. "Anyways," she lays down and rests her head on my stomach, "this is a comfortable pillow. I like it."

Why is she so adorable? I could just die happy right now. 

"Vincent?"

"Hmm?"

"Is my head too heavy?" Wendy asks, about to sit up again. I hold her down by her shoulder so she would continue to rest her head on me. 

"No, your head is perfect," I reply.

We lay there in silence, slowly drifting off to sleep. Wendy's head bobs slightly as my chest rise with every deep breath. Her hair cascades in every direction, and I try my best to gently gather them to one side. 

"I'm so sleepy, but I have to stay awake," Wendy yawns. 

"It's fine. It's been a while since you've gotten to take naps. They're your favorite past-time," I chuckle. 

"We can't miss our flight-" Wendy eyes widen and she freezes. 

"Wait, what? We're going back home today?" I ask, confused. "I thought we're supposed to be here for a whole week."

"I said we're going to be on vacation for a week."

"Yeah, that's what I just said," I say, unclear of what the difference between what I said and what Wendy clarified was. 

Wendy digs into her pockets and pulls out two tickets. 

"Surprise!" she exclaims as she holds them up in the air. I pluck them from her grasp to examine. 

They're... flight tickets? To Hawaii?

"I still owe you a honeymoon," she proudly beams in response to my gasp. "I wanted to take you to Japan, so you could try authentic sushi, but we couldn't afford it... At least you're going to get to see the beach and eat fresh seafood-"

I sit up abruptly, causing Wendy to suddenly lift her head and spring up. She looks at me in surprise. With her off-guard, I grab the side of her head with both my hands and begin to attack her cheeks with rapid fires of fat, wet kisses. 

"Are you that excited?" Wendy giggles.

I retreat momentarily to look Wendy in the eyes. 

"Of course I am!"

"For what specifically? The beach? The seafood?" Wendy asks, pretending to not know the answer. 

"You! You! You! You! You!" I repeat, giving Wendy a peck each interval. 

"Okay, okay," she laughs, having to push on my chest to get me to stop, or I would probably kiss her forever. 

"Come here," I growl, lunging forward to pull Wendy into a tight squeeze. In the process, I knock her down against the bed. 

We become quiet as we stare back at one another. My body hovers over her's as her fingers grips onto the sides of my t-shirt, bunching it slightly. Her hair is spread wildly and her chest rises with deep breaths. With flushed cheeks, she slowly closes her eyes, signalling me to slowly lower my face closer. Our lip are starting to lock when there's a booming from the door. 

"Wendy, you in there?" Grayson asks from the other side of the door, knocking obnoxiously loud. 

Wendy turns her face to the side to respond, but I follow her lips, pressing mine against them. 

"Wendy? You asleep?"

"She's asleep," I answer in a split second after pulling away an inch from her lips before diving back down for another kiss. 

"I just made some breakfast, so just let me know when she's awake. I'll reheat it for her."

Suddenly, a burst of strength awakens in Wendy and she flips me off of her. Springing up from the bed, she swings open the door to reveal Grayson, half-turned as he's about to walk away. 

"You're awake," he says in amazement, his eyes trailing off to the side to look at me. "You don't seem groggy as usual."

"I heard 'breakfast', so now I'm wide awake," Wendy lies.

"Oh, that why..." Grayson slowly says, his eyes narrowed at me in suspicion. 

"So what's for breakfast?" Wendy excitedly claps as she skips downstairs. 

"I made burritos."

"Ooh, do you have broccoli and tortilla chips?"

"Why?"

"For the burrito."

"Why?"

"Don't question my cravings!"

Their conversation fades away as they walk further downstairs. I roll over onto my stomach and bury my head into a pillow, so I can scream into it. 

Damn it, Grayson.  

I want to be mad at him, but I feel my frustrations boil even more from another realization. 

Wendy picked him over me. Well, food was probably a large factor too, but that means she picked food over me. She's supposed to love me more than food. At least that's what's she said. Damn it. 

For a long while, I lay in bed with my face still smushed into the pillow, struggling to breathe, but too upset to move. Wendy finally finished her eating session and I lay frozen as the door creaks open. 

"Vincent? Are you asleep?" she softly asks. I hear the door click closed and the mattress sink as Wendy rests her arm on it. 

I don't respond. 

"Why are you sleeping like that?" 

Wendy rolls me over and tries to remove the pillow off my face, but I tightly grip it. 

"Are you mad at me? Is it because I left you?"

Yes. Both. 

"It's because it's our last morning here. I didn't want to be rude and let Greg's efforts go to waste cooking food for us."

But you let my efforts go to waste. My kisses...

"Are you going to stay like that?"

Yes. 

"Even if you suffocate to death?"

Yes.

"If you die, I'll have to go to Hawaii by myself..." Wendy teases. 

Heh, yeah. Then you'll realize how much you miss me. 

"Actually, it'll be a waste of a ticket. I'll just invite Greg-"

My arms fly up and I grab Wendy's shoulders, bringing her down onto the bed. I swing one leg over her and kneel on the mattress to trap her with my entire body. With my teeth gritted and eyebrows knit together, I try to look angry as possible while looking at Wendy grin back at me. Her body is relaxed, and she doesn't bother to try to fight me off. She's just smiling back at me, unbothered. 

Fuck! Why does she have to be so cute. It makes it so hard to stay mad at her. 

"You're still going to give me the silent treatment?" she cheekily asks, placing her hand on my neck and circling her thumb on my jaw. 

I use every last bit of self-control left in my body to not smash my lips onto her's. Instead, I force myself to silently nod. 

"Darn, I thought that would work," Wendy pouts, dropping her hand. 

Her face scrunches up as she's in deep thought for a few seconds. Slowly, her grin returns and she wraps her arm around my body and pulls, bringing me crashing down on her. 

"How about now?"

I'm too busy trying not to crush Wendy to respond. I push my body up to prevent it, but Wendy mistakes my concentration face for anger. 

"I'm sorry," Wendy wails. 

Clamping her arms and legs around my torso, she tries to keep me from leaving. As I lift myself up, I bring Wendy's body with me, and she's practically dangling at this point. My arms can't support so much eight, and the soft mattress makes me wobble. Afraid I'll fall atop of her any second, I finally break my silence. 

"I'm going to crush you," I warn. 

"You finally talked! Are you still mad?" Wendy asks, still hanging onto me. 

"You're heavy," I groan, trying to shake Wendy off by slightly bouncing. 

"Kiss me."

"No," I bluntly refuse, even though I wanted to. 

Wendy eyes widen slightly from my cold tone. She bites her lip, unsure of what to do since I've never rejected her offer for a kiss before. 

Stay firm, Vincent. You can't give in all the time. 

My arms give out and we both flop down. I move my head to the side to prevent knocking my skull into Wendy. I'm taking deep breaths to regain my composure when I suddenly feel Wendy's lips on my ear, her teeth lightly pinching it. 

What...the...hell! Who is this woman? Cause she's definitely not Wendy. 

"W-what are you doing?" I ask, flabbergasted. 

"Seducing you," she whispers into my ear, making my knees go weak. "Did it work?"

"No," I flat out say again, even though I was on the verge of not being able to hold back anymore. 

"Darn it. Ally said it would work." Wendy lets out a little huff, her cheeks now on fire. 

"Ally?"

"Yeah. She said it's her secret tricks for when she and Carson disagrees on something. I wasn't going to ever use them but... desperate times call for desperate measures."

"What other tips besides snacking on my ear did she tell you?"

Wendy's eyes shift and she nervously laughs. "Nothing! She only told me one."

Just knowing what Ally's like lets me know that Wendy is lying, but I don't bother to pursue her with anymore questions. One of her tips was already pretty successful, so I'll definitely give in if Wendy decides to employ any of the others. 

"Are you still upset?"

"Yes."

"Hmmp!" Wendy pouts, turning her head to the side. 

I hear a tiny sigh before she turns her head back. Her face reappears with watery eyes, a little tear on the edge of one of them.  

Crap. I made her cry. No!

I give up and place a quick peck on Wendy's lips. She looks at me in confusion, which sends me into confusion. 

"So you forgive me?"

"Yeah."

"That easy?" 

Of course I'm going to kiss you if you cry about it! Damn, I didn't know my kisses were that good they were worth crying over!  

"All I had to do was yawn?" Wendy laughs. 

Wait...WHAT?

"Y-yawn?" I clarify. 

"I was just tired, but I guess you get seduced by yawns. Huh, who knew. I'll tell Ally to try it on Carson sometime."

She yawned? That's what they little sigh for? That's why her eyes were watery? 

"Vincent!" Wendy calls out.

She forces a yawn so fake it looked like she was trying to gulp air through her mouth. After, she looks at me expectantly. Knowing she would be so disappointed to learn the truth about her 'discovery', I kiss her again. 

"It works!" she cheers. 

"Yep!" I chuckle, amused by her excitement. 

"Man, I'm really tired today," Wendy exaggerates, faking another terrible yawn. I kiss her again. She's finally satisfied and rolls me off of her so she can lay her head on my belly. "Wake me up at 1. We have to leave for the airport at 2," Wendy instructs, closing her eyes to resume her nap from earlier. 

"Sure," I agree, sweeping her hair off her face. I lay there, embarrassed by my defeat. 

I, Vincent Miller, lost to a yawn. 

*****

Sorry this update was one day late. I had something on Friday, so my schedule shift over. I was planning on a longer chapter, but I'm honestly exhausted from this week. I write when I'm at work on the weekends, but this week was super busy, so I got interrupted a lot. Managed to write this little sucker when things got a little slow at the end of the day. Hope it was still enjoyable. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 33 27
(Book 2 of the Scott Family series) Trevor Scott has been waiting for two years to find someone to spend the rest of his life with. He hides behind h...
208K 11.3K 31
Book Three Of Alana You have to read the second book, "Baking A Goddess", before reading this one. . Newlywed Alana And Aiden are extremely happy. B...
213 24 33
Theresa is living her life like normal. Going to uni, stop at the bakery where her friend works and going back home. Till one day, a really really h...
47.8K 1.9K 34
After fleeing from her scumbag ex and quitting college over three years ago Joanie Collins has now rebuilt her life running a little bakery back in h...