When Ground Met Sky

By Clexa_is_weakness

Lexa has led her people effectively for years, overcoming many obstacles with an iron fist. Having lead her p... More

The Commander
The Sky Princess
We Are Not Alone
Reasons
Have Mercy
A Streak Of Light
Cracks Let The Light In
War Council
Arkadia
You Make Me Weak
Your Commander
Familiar Faces
Forks and Knives
Mine
They Know
May We Meet Again
It's True
The Gates of Polis
Get Yu Rein In
It's Ok To Feel Things
Quick Stop
That Was an Order!
Where Are We Going?
Let Me
Ever After
Authors Note

By Moonlight

3.9K 123 52
By Clexa_is_weakness

A/N: Hey Loves! I know it's been a while since I've updated. I'm feeling really sick so I'll lay down and write! I'm thinking of ending this story and writing a Clexa AU. What do you think? Thoughts? Ideas? What would y'all like to read? I just need some opinions!! Enjoy! :D

3rd Person POV

"Clarke we cannot turn back. We must continue forward and into Azgeda Territory. The Nightbloods are still missing and Queen Niya has not surrendered." Lexa paced back and forth in their tent. She ran her fingers through her hair, obviously stressed and worried.

"Lexa, it isn't safe." Clarke moves forward to close the distance between them.

"I told you it wouldn't be safe!" Lexa extended her hand to stop Clarke from coming any closer. Her other hand found her forehead, she rubbed gentle circles on her temple.

"Lexa-"

"Stop! Clarke you shouldn't have come! This is going to be dangerous, people are going to die. I will not leave without the Night Bloods!" Lexa turned away from Clarke and began fumbling with the papers on the table.

"Well I'm here now! I'm not leaving!" Clarke placed her hand on Lexa's shoulder in an attempt to soothe her.

"Clarke, I cant leave them." Lexa placed her head in her hands, allowing her voice to break as she spoke.

"Hey, I know" Clarke nuzzled her face into the side of Lexa's neck. "We won't."

"I can't loose them Clarke! They are gone because of me, in danger because of me!" Clarke felt Lexa's muscles tense, "It was my duty to protect them and I failed." Lexa became ridged aa she slammed her fist down on the table, startling Clarke. "I FAILED THEM!"

Clarke didn't take a step back, instead she pressed her front against Lexa's back and gently played with her hair. Gripping her around the waist and swaying them gently. "You did no such thing."

"I did." Lexa chocked on her words, her eyes stinging as water pooled there.

"You're wrong. You cannot blame yourself. What happened has already happened. All you can do now is find them, and we will." Clarke brushed a piece of Lexa's hair that had loosened from her braid behind her ear.

Lexa grabbed Clarke's hand and leaned into it, finding comfort in her touch. "What if we don't."

Clarke stepped back from Lexa and pulled her hand to turn her around. Once they were facing each other Clarke put both her hands on Lexa's shoulders. "We will."

"How can you be so sure." Lexa put her own hand on top of Clarke's.

"They have been trained by you Lexa, I'm sure they are already trying to find us." Clarke smiled warmly.

"Maybe." Lexa allowed herself a small chuckle.

"It's going to be dark soon." Clarke rested a reassuring hand on Lexa's shoulder. "We will start looking for them in the morning."

Lexa nodded, the sadness in her eyes obvious to Clarke. "In the morning." She confirmed.

Clarke walked towards the bed and stopped when her knees hit the edge. She reached down to the hem of her shirt and pulled it over her shoulders, exposing her back to Lexa.

Lexa smiled to herself and let out a content sigh. She walked forward and grabbed Clarke's hips, placing a warm kiss on her shoulder.

Clarke chuckled to herself and turned her head to smile gratefully up at Lexa. "I know how much they mean to you Lexa."

Lexa tightened her grip on Clarke and buried her face into tho her shoulder, sighing into her skin.

"It's okay to miss them, to be sad or worried." Clarke turned to face Lexa and grabbed the sides of her face gently.

The sadness in Lexa's eyes almost choked the words from Clarke's throat. "I am all of those things Clarke"

Clarke smiled sadly and leaned in to press her cheek against Lexa's, holding the back of her head. "I know."

They stood like that for a moment, finding comfort in the others warm touch.

Clarke pulled away and got into the bed, sliding under the furs and beckoning Lexa to follow.

Lexa knelt onto the bed and leaned over Clarke to place a chaste kiss on her lips before laying down beside her.

Lexa wrapped her arm possessively around Clarke's waist, pulling her flush against her body and tangling their legs together.

Lexa's lips brushed against the side of Clarke's neck where she whispered into her skin, "I love you Clarke."

Clarke laid in silence for a moment soaking in her words before turning her head to meet Lexa's green orbs. "I love you too Lexa."

Her grip tightened on Clarke and pulled her, somehow, even closer.

————————————————————————

Lexa woke from her sleep, a cool breeze washing over her. She felt Clarke's body against her, the warmth of her skin a contrast to the rest of Lexa's body.

Lexa tried to fall back asleep but she couldn't ignore the feeling in her stomach and the tightness in her chest. Something didn't feel right.

She pulled the furs off of her, pulling them over Clarke's shoulders once she was out of the bed.

She didn't want to wake Clarke so she got dressed in the dark, fighting the urge to light more candles.

Her armor clinked as she pulled it over her shoulder, the clip emitting a metallic sound that cut through the sounds of nature around them.

Lexa looked cautiously at Clarke, not wanting her to wake up to the sight of Lexa leaving before the sun was above the horizon.

It was the dead of night, the soft glowing of tents and the moon were all that illuminate the woods around her.

She looked back into the tent to see a sleeping Clarke, furs pulled over her shoulders. Her features were relaxed, an overall peace settled on her face.

Lexa smiled to herself, taking in the sight before she closed the tent flap behind her.

Lexa weaved her way through the trees, the woods were louder than normal. The winds whistled through the branches above her head. The dark woods were alive with swaying trees and rustling branches.

The pit in Lexa's stomach grew as she came to a clearing.  She stopped on the tree line, peering into the clearing for any signs of movement.

She thought she was something in the northern edge of the clearing, a blur of movement that contrasted the rhythmic flow of tall grass in the wind.

She squinted, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. There, she saw it again. It could easily be an animal stalking it's prey, but Lexa had a feeling it wasn't.

Her hand rested on the hilt of her sword as she stepped into the clearing. He crouched and concealed her movements with the movement of the tall grass. She closed the distance to the northern edge of the clearing.

As she got closer she began to hear the sound of metal hitting metal. The sound cut clearly through the air. She picked up her pace until she was right at the edge of the clearing. She peered into the woods, she could clearly see a confrontation taking place.

At least three large men and a smaller boy were within the tree line. At closer inspection she realized the three larger men were Azgeda warriors, the characteristic scars on their face made Lexa's hair stand up.

She heard a large grunt and a metallic clash. The smaller boy fell to the ground, his sword on the ground at his side.

Without a second thought Lexa drew her sword and sprinted into the tree line letting out a war cry as she closed the distance.

The warriors were startled, Lexa thought she heard a sound behind her but she was already engaging a warrior.

She sliced through him easily, his body hitting the ground with a loud thump. She turned quickly to see the boy still laying on the ground, a warrior quickly approaching him.

She grabbed for her dagger, launching it across the distance between them. Striking the warrior in the chest, he let out a loud cry of pain before crumpling on the ground beside the boy.

Lexa's attention was on the warrior in front of her, his sword drawn and his eyes trained on her. One more. She was started to see two more warriors step out of the tree line, flanking the warrior in front of her.

She took a deep breath, preparing to take on all three of them herself. 

The sound of cracking sticks and leaves filled her ears from behind her, quickly approaching. She didn't dare take her eyes off the warriors in front of her, instead she rushed forward. Her swords striking the first warrior in the leg as she slid on her knees toward him, his body hitting the ground as she finished him with a clean blow to the head.

Metallic clashing filled her ear to her right, she turned to see two large men fighting. Confusion flashed across her eyes as she turned to see the boy just now getting to his feet.

Suddenly a hard blow was dealt to her left side, she turned to see a warrior drawing his sword. She met his sword with her own. She drew one of her swords from her back with her free hand, the warriors left side exposed. She sliced through his side sending him doubling back in pain. She kicked him in the chest and as soon as his back hit the earth, her sword sliced through his chest.

An eery silence filled the air, she crouched to the ground to decrease her profile. She searched the tree for movement. A large man stood over the body of an Azgeda warrior to her right. She drew her other sword from her back and prepared to drive it through his neck.

He turned and his eyes widened, he through his hands in the air and his weapon to the ground. "HEDA!"

Lexa stopped her attack and dropped her sword to her side, her eyes met with Gustus' his face covered in blood.

Her mind flooded with realization, she sheathed her sword and searched the forest floor for the shape of the boy.

She saw movement behind a tree, the shadow disappeared behind the trunk as soon as she faced it.

"Ai Laik Heda!" [Im the Commander]

The shadow appeared again and the boy stepped into the light before dropping to his knees.
"Heda." he whispered.

"Aiden!" Lexa rushed forward, grabbing the boy by the shoulders. "The others? Where are the others?!"

Aiden shook his head sadly, "They did not make it Heda." The boys head dropped as he stared at the ground.

Lexa looked at him silently, realization creeping into her features.

"I could not protect them Heda" Aiden looked up to meet the Commanders eyes, "I have failed you."

Lexa shook her head sadly, "The dead are gone, yu gonplei ste no odon." [your fight is not over].

Aiden nodded as his eyes welled with tears, Lexa got to her feet pulling Aiden up with her.

She turned to Gustus, her half hooded gaze meeting his. "Mochof Gustus." [thank you Gustus.]

"Of course Heda, I saw you leave. I could not let you go alone." He nodded to her and wiped his hand across his forehead, smearing the blood that stained his skin.

She reached down and picked up a sword from the ground, handing it to Aiden. "You fought well."

Aiden grabbed the sword, sheathing it at his side. "Mochof Heda." He bowed respectfully. [thank you Commander.]

"We must get back to camp, there could be more warriors in these woods." Lexa's mind was on Clarke, she did not want her to wake up and find her gone. She would worry. Or worse, put her self in danger looking for her.

Lexa started a fast pace, taking long strides to cross the clearing. Gustus and Aiden followed closely behind her.

————————————————————————

Lexa peered inside the tent to see Clarke still laying in bed, asleep. Lexa's chest flooded with relief. She looked at the horizon, the sun was barely peeking over the landscape.

Lexa stepped inside the tent, closing the flap quietly behind her.

She walked towards the bed, her foot catching on Clarke's pants. As she went to take another step forward she tripped, falling forward on her face.

"Lexa?" Clarke sat up quickly in the bed. Worry painted all over her face as she pulled the furs over her chest.

Lexa looked up from the ground to see Clarke staring down at her, a huge grin on both of their faces.

Clarke's grin quickly changed to an expression of horror. "Lexa?! Why are you covered in blood?"

"Uhhh well it's a long story-"

"Heda!?"

The loud crash sent both Gustus and Aiden, who were also covered in blood, stumbling into the tent.

"What is going on!?" Clarke's voice was chocked in concern and worry.

"Clarke, this is Aiden."

"Nice to meet you!" Aiden bowed respectfully to Clarke.

"Um you as well?" Clarke looked at Lexa with utter confusion mixed with horror.

Lexa couldn't help but burst out laughing at the sight of Clarke's face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.4K 1.9K 19
Clarke and Lexa fanfiction because why the hell not??
18.6K 501 10
The human race has transcended while Clarke was left alone because of her actions during the test. With all hope lost, she runs after her dog Picasso...
40.6K 1.8K 18
"You may be the commander, but I'm the commander of death. And I say we will meet again." Following the events of the season five finale, the last hu...
41.3K 1.5K 35
Lexa is sick and tired of being under her mother's control. All the time she is learning. She can't go out with someone. She doesn't even have friend...