Silver Lining (Completed)

By JoeArshi

General Fiction They were poles apart. He is a football player who have anger management issues while she is... More

Author Note *New*
Prologue
Songs & First Scene - Prologue
Chapter 01
Character Sketch
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61A
Chapter 61B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Last Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Thank You Note
Favourite

Chapter 22

4.4K 368 429
By JoeArshi

This chapter deals with his past, hope that it is good.

Those who have seen Kabir Singh, don't think that this story has any inking to that story except the traces of Kabir's character. Also, this Khushi knows how to give it back to her laadgovernor.

Comment and Vote
No proofreading.

Arnav entered the flight and sat on his seat. He looked outside through the window with a smile pasted on his face. He is damn excited to see his girl after two and a half month. He can't control the surreal feeling enveloping his heart. After his mother's death, he had never felt home. The thought of being with Khushi felt home, a place where he belongs.

'What have you done to me Khushi?' He asked himself. He remembered about his wrecked past life which has been changed since her entry in his life.

Five years ago

Arnav holds the cigarette in between his lips as he takes out the notes from his purse to pay off the rickshaw driver. His hand trembled due to the high amount of alcohol in his body.

"Keep the change." Arnav said and turned around.

"This is not enough." The rickshaw driver tried to trick him due to his state. He turned around with an angry look.

"Just because I'm drunk, that doesn't mean that you can fool me. Get the f**k out of here before I break your rickshaw." He shouted and the man flew in a minute.

"F**k why did they lock this damn gate?" He kicked the giant gate while standing in front of his house at 2 in the early morning. Arnav tried to unlock the gate while shouting and scolding the gate. He cursed the gate and moved next to the wall.

"Why did Nanaji built such a big wall?" He asked himself while trying to get onto the wall.

"Arnav baba." Hariprakash called opening the gate.

"Finally my saviour is here." Arnav said waiting for HP to open the gate.

"Why can't you just keep it unlocked kakka?" He asked as HP helped him to get in.

"Did that man still alive...oops...awake?" Arnav asked about his father.

"Arnav is this the time to come home? That too in such a state? You are ruining your life?" He heard Arvind shouting at him.

"You and your new wife have already f**ked my life. This is my home and I will come whenever I want. Who the f**k are you to ask me all these?" He shouted.

"I'm your father." Arvind shouted.

"Well, I don't have any doubt about that. I'm a kamina like you but surely not an a**h*le." Arnav said taking the cigarette in between his hand and tapped on it.

"Can't you stop smoking and getting drank?" Arvind asked his 17-year-old son.

"Yeah, sure why not." Arnav said blowing the smoke onto his face. Arvind coughed and waved his hand in front of his face to blow away the smoke.

"You know what...." Arnav couldn't complete his sentence as he vomited over Arvind.

"Wow, I vomited on the right place. Right onto a sh*t. So no sorry for this" Arnav said and moved towards his room. He saw his stepmother named Avantika coming out of the room.

Avantika

"You came at the right time to collect your sh*t. Take that piece to your room." He said pointing at his father. They were going back to their room when Arnav called them.

"You know, he got a new assistant in his office a few days back. They seem to be so cosy. As you already know he has dog syndrome where he can't keep it inside his pants when someone opens their legs. He has a habit sniffing the back like dogs. So chain your dog...I mean your husband before he gets someone pregnant like the way he did with you when my maa was alive." He taunts and entered his room. He opened his drawer and drink a half bottle of alcohol which made him sleep like a sloth without any nightmares.

Next day, Arnav felt someone snuggling onto his body. He found a four-year-old Nirav patting on his cheek.

"Don't you have school buddy?" He asked the little boy.

"Yup, where were you bhaiyya? I waited so long for you yesterday." Nirav said in his cute little voice.

"What is it?" He asked still lying on the bed.

"See this bhaiyya." Saying this he showed him a paper where he wrote their name in his neat handwriting.

'Arnav Singh Raizada and Nirav Veer Mallik.'

"Did you like this bhaiyya?" An excited Nirav asked his brother.

"It's good buddy." He complimented.

"Bhaiyya, all my friends said that their brother carries the same last name. Why do we have different last names?"

"Hmm, it's because I changed mine into Arnav Singh Raizada."

"Can we change our name like that?"

"Yes, we can"

"Then I want to change my name to Superman."

"We can do that buddy. Now you go and get ready. Don't you want to go to school?" He asked him.

"Yes, or else mommy will scold me. She says that I have to be like papa when I grow up." Nirav said which sparked something in his mind. Arnav talked with Nirav for a few seconds and let him go.

In the dining table,
Nirav is having his breakfast while Arvind and Avantika were present there.

"Papa, what is the meaning of chhichhora?" Nirav asked his father.

Chhichhora - Cheater

"Hmm, from where did you hear this word?" Arvind asked his son.

"Bhaiyya told me that I shouldn't be a chhichhora like you. Is that a bad word? Are you a bad person papa?" Nirav innocently asked his father.

"Nirav have your food, your bus will arrive soon." Avantika said pouring juice into the glass. Few minutes after Nirav left to school, Arnav came there and sat on the dining table.

"Aren't you going to school?" Arvind asked Arnav who is in higher secondary (11th).

"It's none of your business." Arnav said pouring half orange juice into the glass and then adding alcohol into it.

"What are you doing Arnav?" Arvind asked him furiously.

"Cheers." Saying this he drank the whole content in the glass.

"Vodka goes well with orange juice. Wanna try?" Arnav asked his father while pouring another glass. Arvind placed his hand over his hand not allowing him to drink it.

"Take your hands off now." Arnav warned looking at his hand while Arvind kept placing his hand over him.

"If you don't take your hands off me, I will make sure that you will stay here for a week." Arvind moved his hand away knowing the evil look in his son's eyes. He drank the glass of alcohol and get up.

"Hariprakash kakka, I will be late today." Arnav let HP know about his plan.

"Where are you going Arnav?" Arvind asked as Arnav walked towards the door.

"Arnav I asked you something." He repeated. In reply to his question, Arnav turned around and raised his middle finger at him.

********

His thoughts were interrupted by the air hostess. Arnav ordered a glass of water and scroll the gallery of his phone filled with their pictures. He remembered about the first time he had seen her.

*********

He was punching Kiran on his face when he felt an intense sensation. He felt like something strange happening to him and he looked ahead of him. That's when he met with two chocolate orbs which stared at him. It only lasted for some seconds but that eyes didn't let him sleep for a few days.

It was the first day for seniors after the arrival of juniors. He was searching for his gang when a soft body collided onto his body. He lowered his head to look at the same chocolate orbs staring at him. He can see the pool of tears surrounding her eyes. He felt a tug in his heart seeing her teary eyes.

"I'm sorry... It's kind of hard to stand on a leg." He heard her saying.

That's when he noticed her missing leg. He tried his best to act non affected, but it was hard for him to ignore her. Having her in his arms felt right. He liked the way she shouted at him for lifting her up.
Her voice got entrapped into his mind. Her self respect attracted him more towards her, if it was some other girl, they would have done everything to gain his attention. From that moment itself, he knows that she is destined to be with him.

Hansta Rehta Hu Tujhsay Mil kar Kyun Aaj-kal,
Why does meeting you makes me smile, nowadays.

Badle-Badle Hain Mere Tevar Kyoon Aaj-kal,
Why is there a sudden change in my attitude, nowadays?

From that day, his days started to get excited. He started to get good sleep without inducing alcohol into his system. Unknown to her, he has become her second shadow. He lingered around her and admired the way she handled the bullies. He crushed on the calm girl who was very studious. He started to visit the library just to get a glimpse of her.

Finally, he was able to locate her house and he found his handle turning to that side of the road whenever he across that area. He roamed around her house just to get a glimpse of the girl who invaded his peace of mind.

Ankhein Meri Har Jagah Dhoondein Tujhe Bewajah,
My eyes look for you everywhere, without any reason.

Yeh Main Hoon Ya Koyi Aur Hai Meri Tarah.
Is this really me or someone else.

One day, he found her at the bus stop after the usual college time. He could sense the distress in her as he attended the call which he supposed to be from her parents. She kept waiting for the bus and he also noticed the lack of vehicles on the road. He stopped a man and asked what happened. He came to know that a tree fell on to the road, blocking its way.
He decided to take charge and brought his bike towards her. She denied his offer making him angry. He controlled himself and decided to wait for some time. The next time, she walked towards him making his heart burst in jitters. That day, he rode the bike as if his entire life is on it. He couldn't forget the feel of her hand on his shoulder as they travelled towards her home, a path which is very familiar to him.

He was coming to check her out when he felt her slapping him accidentally. That was the day he got to see her very close to him. He was mesmerized by her. She looked beautiful, naturally beautiful with those flaws on her face. He got a close look on at the nose pin shining on her nose. That moment got interrupted by the sound of other students.

Kaise Hua Kaise Hua
How did it happen?

Tu Itna Zaroori Kaise Huwa,
How did you become so important (or essential) to me?

He observed her from far making sure that she was okay. He saw her scolding herself with a horrified face. He knows that she would come to talk with him. He went to college late deliberately and found her standing near the parking area making him chuckle. He decided to utilize this chance to see what he always craved to see. He made her smile throughout the day which made his day.

*************

Hariprakash and Malliks looked at Arnav as he sat on the dining table after getting ready. They have never seen him this earlier, that too in a good attire than his shabby looks. He had the breakfast served by HP and get up.

"HP kakka, I'm going to college. Don't wait for me, I will be late today." He said to the man who knew him for almost 15 years. HP looked at him as if he had grown horns. Arnav raised his eyebrows at him not knowing why he is looking like that.

"Arnav baba, today is Sunday." HP told him and Arnav understood the blunder he made.

"Hmm...yeah college... I have football practice there." He covered up and went out with a grin on his face.

Main Barish Ki Boli Samajhta Nahi Tha,
I did not use to understand the language of the rains.

Hawaaon Se Main Yoon Ulajhta Nahi Tha,
Neither I used to clash with the winds.

'Am I that eager to see her that I lost track of time?' He questioned himself and get onto his bike. He rode it towards her home and found it locked.

'Must be in the synagogue.' He went to the synagogue and ordered a tea from the near restaurant while waiting for her to show up. Finally, after two cups of tea, he saw her coming out from the synagogue along with her family. This was the second time, he had seen her along with her family. He admired the way her parents protected their daughters. He was here to do the same thing, to keep her away from all the evil eyes except him.

'How can someone look so innocent and fragile as well as strong and bold?' He asked sipping his tea while his eyes fixed on her smiling face. He left from there as they left home.

One day, Arnav was coming back with Akash in his bullet.

"ASR, why are you taking this route?" Akash asked seeing him taking another route than their usual one.

"It's a short cut," Arnav said as he looked around to get a glimpse of Khushi when he reached near her home. He stopped the bike and asked him to get out.

"What happened ASR?" Akash asked him.

"Don't know, let's check it Akash." He said kneeling down facing her house. He saw Akash looking around and called him.

"Akash, check out what's the problem is." He ordered him as he kept checking out her house. A few seconds after he saw her coming to the terrace to dry her clothes. Arnav smiled seeing her who is busy in chatting with her mother.

Hai Seenay Mein Dil Bhi
I have a heart in my chest.

Kahan Thi Mujhay Ye Khabar,
Where did I know about that?

"I think everything is fine now." Arnav announced and get onto his bike. He started his bike and rides away. He looked at the mirror and saw her looking at their direction. With a bright smile on his face, he rides away from her street and reached their destination after almost one hour.

***********

Arnav jerked into reality as the passengers were asked to strap their seatbelt. He is going to see her with a few hours, he will be having his girl beside him. He already planned how to spend the first prize money he got from the match. He can't wait to execute his plans. The flight takes off along with his memories.

************

After the camp, they were together whenever they get time without anyone noticing them. Arnav was looking around for Khushi when he saw her and Payal standing in front of Laksh. He could feel how uncomfortable payal was from the way he looked at her. He asked something to Payal and Khushi answered him. He moved closer and heard what laksh asked them.

"What does a cow have four of that a woman only has two of?" Laksh asked again. Arnav wanted to punch him for asking such innuendo questions.

"Legs." Khushi answered on behalf of Payal. Arnav smiled seeing his lioness giving back to him. He knows when to interfere and waited for his chance.

"So you will do everything on behalf of her?" He asked Khushi.

"You wanted the answer and you got it." She replied back.

"Okay, I want her to kiss me, so you do that on behalf of her." Saying this Laksh caught hold of her hand and Arnav saw red.

"Oye Lakshmi Narayan Tripathi do all the girls refused to kiss you? Is that why you are forcing girls to kiss you? Dude, are you that desperate?" Arnav asked while freeing her hand from his hold.

"Here comes the hero to save everyone from the villain."

"So you agree that I'm the hero and you are the villain." He asked winking at him.
Arnav turned him around and placed his hand on his shoulder. Khushi and Payal were facing Laksh's back as Arnav waved his hands at them gesturing them to go from there.

Kahin Pe Ho Raatein, Kahin Pe Sawere
My nights pass somewhere and mornings elsewhere.

Ye Aawargi Hi Rahi Saath Mere,
Only vagrancy ( or homelessness) accompanied me all along.

Payal and Khushi understood that and left from there.

"Dude, are these the riddles your parents ask each other? Such a nice riddles." He complimented sarcastically.

"You think so highly of yourself."

"Yeah, I do that. That's why you were in the hospital when we were in the first year because of me." Laksh remembered how Arnav beat him up in the first year which made his girlfriend to leave him.

"One day I will strike you hard when you least expect me. I will make you feel the pain I have gone through." He knows how humiliated he was when his girlfriend leaves him for getting beaten up by Arnav.

"We will see when you do that." Saying this Arnav walked away.

"I will find out your weakness and hit you back harder." Laksh said and Arnav returns towards him.

Thehar Ja, Thehar Ja
To stay, To stay,

Ye Kehti Hai Teri Nazar,
Your eyes ask me to stay.

Kya Haal Ho Gaya Ye Mera,
What have I become in love?

"Arnav Singh Raizada doesn't have any weakness." He lied while his mind filled with her thoughts. He doesn't want to engage in a fight and get suspended which will hinder him from seeing her.
Nowadays, he likes coming to college. Unlike the first year, his second year attended got raised up because of a certain girl. He walked away promising himself that he will keep her safe, away from all the negativities that surround him.

********

Two days after their Mumbai outing. He noticed a boy from her class lingering around both of them. He has seen Khushi teaching him while he stares at his girl. Three of them were sitting in an empty class when Arnav entered the room.

"Hey, why are you guys here when the match will be starting soon?" He asked her classmate.

"They were teaching me these chapters."
He replied in a low voice.

"But all the time, you were staring at her than on the book." Arnav asked the boy pointing at Khushi.

"Don't you know that it's not good to hit on the girl from your class. I expect you to be on the pavilion." He looked at the guy who glances at Khushi and Payal before moving from there.

"Arnav, what was that?" Khushi shouted as soon as the boy went from there.

"Come to the ground baby, I want you to be there for me." He asked politely and got an angry glance from her.

"I will be waiting for you." Saying this he pecked her lips and walked out leaving both Khushi and Payal dumbstruck.

He waited for her to show up and saw her coming with an angry face. He smiled seeing her as he gets ready for the match. He messaged her to meet him after the match. That day all he wanted to do was to finish the match and be with his girl.

Aankhein Meri Har Jagah Dhoondein Tujhe Bewajah,
My eyes look for you everywhere, for no reason.

Ya Main Hoon Ya Koyi Aur Hai Meri Tarah.
Is this really me or someone else disguised as me.

Arnav ended the match without any fight and ran towards to get his bike. He rode towards the back gate and took his girl to their usual spot. As soon as she stepped down, she punched in his shoulder.

"Baby are you compensating for the fight I usually have after a match?" He teased her.

"You laadgovernor, why did you scare away that boy?" She asked him.

"I have been observing him for a few days, he was eyeing you a lot."

"Even if he eyes me, I would have handled him."

"I know that my girl is capable of handling anything, but I can't control my anger when I saw him eyeing my girl." He let her know to which she rolled her eyes at him.

"Why did you kiss me like that? That too in front of Payal? That girl got a new excuse to tease me."

"Well, that was my energy booster. You man can't play well without it." He winked at her making her smile at his silly explanation.

"You are a laadgovernor, do you know that?"

"Yup, only my girl's laadgovernor." He said wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer.

"I'm telling you this in advance, I want a lot of energy boosters on the year ending day function. You man will be all set to break the stage with his moves." He told making her surprised.

"You are performing?"

"Yup, along with the boys. It will be the last program and our last function in this college, so we are going to surprise everyone. My girl is the first one to know about it and I know that you will keep it a secret even from your friend."

"I'm so excited. How am I going to keep such a big secret? I have to wait for a week." His heart danced in joy seeing her happy face.

"I want you to be in the first row. You don't want your laadgovernor to perform badly, don't you?"

"No, I want my laadgovernor to perform well. I will try to sit in the first row."

"You don't need to try, I will make sure that you will sit in the first row." He said placing his forehead on her forehead.

"Don't scare away anyone to get me the seat. If you promise me that I will come and sit in the first row."

"You are making me hard baby."

"Promise me now." She asked placing her palm in front of him. He looked at her and she gestured him to promise.

"Hmm, okay I promise you that I won't scare anyone. You should also promise me that you will sit in the first row.

"Aww, you are the best laadgovernor. Sure, I will be in the first row to see your performance."

"...and best laadgovernor deserves a kiss." Saying this he pulled her for a kiss.

On the day of the function, he called Khushi and asked her to wait near to curtain as he went to find make seats for her and Payal.

Arnav found some boys sitting on the first row. He was about to scare them when he saw his girl giving him a warning look. He watched as she raised her palm as him, gesturing how he promised her. He gave her a smile and went to the backstage and came back with Shyam.

Shyam scared away the boys as he stood beside him. Arnav smiled internally and messaged her.

<I kept my promise and didn't scare anyone. Baby, now you fulfil your promise.> He watched as she read the message and flared her nose in anger. Technically he didn't scare anyone to arrange the seat, it was Shyam who scared away the boys citing how that row is reserved for girls. He stood there as she and Payal sat on their seats. After giving her a naughty smile, he went from there.

The program started and finally, in the end, they announced the performance of third-year BBA students. The boys walked towards the stage from the entrance not from the backstage as the music played in the background. He glanced at his girl as soon as he entered the stage. A smiled formed on his face involuntarily seeing her cheerful face. He is wearing a white t-shirt and pants along with a white overcoat. The t-shirt sticks to his body outlining his well-built body.

Imagine Arnie performing this.

The dance started and the audience cheered for them. He found her blushing whenever Payal whispered something to her. They danced to songs from various films finally ending the performance by throwing a flower towards the crowd. Being a football player it was easy for him to aim the flower in her direction. She caught the flower making him smile.

Kaise Hua Kaise Hua
How did it happen?

Tu Itna Zaroori Kaise Huwa,
How did you become so essential to me?

Arnav came out of his thoughts as another announcement came. He knows that he is going to cherish the coming five days forever. For a man whose life has shattered around have found a centre to revolve around.

**************

Comment and vote, the next chapter will be in the blog 😉

Precap

"So what are we going to do in these five days?" Khushi asked holding his hand.

"We are going to do what couples usually do, such as strip rummy, striptease, lap dance..." Arnav is expecting her to blush but saw her smiling at him.

"What?" He asked raised his eyebrow

"After a long time, I get to see my shameless laadgovernor like this." Arnav smiled at her and kisses her head.

Any idea where they are going?

PS : I knew that 99% of you don't like this update 😜😛😝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.9K 2.5K 12
#1 in Short-story "Arnav, I love you so much... Please never Break my heart... Or else I won't be able to heal it again... I just can't even think...
340K 13.6K 49
It is a love hate story. When two people fall in love but their surrounding is just filled with hate... they do fight with their love but is it enoug...
52.9K 3.2K 22
A simple Arshi Story
213K 12.3K 36
#StandAlone - You don't need to be an Arshi fan to read this story. She is beautiful... She is fair... Said the society seeing the white skin of the...