Definitely A Hunter {2}

By sleepyhaIo

"Hey, you're a hunter, Kota." He soothes her, placing his hand firmly on her shoulder. She takes a deep brea... More

CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
Happy Birthday Dakota!!
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
Fun Facts
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX

TWENTY-SEVEN

2.9K 99 61
By sleepyhaIo

"There is no greater agony than 

holding an untold story inside you." -Maya Angelou

<< >>

After Castiel's funeral, the Winchesters and Jack piled into the Impala. Jack and Dakota both fell asleep during the ride, leaving Sam and Dean in a tense silence. Dakota's head was laying on Jack's shoulder, much to Dean's dismay. 

Sam keeps glancing over at Dean, unsure of what to say to make him feel better. 

"Hey, we still got probably 12 hours until we're home." He settles on, his tone quiet so he doesn't wake up the two teens. "You want me to drive?" 

"Do I ever want you to drive?" He snarks back, Sam presses his lips together. 

"Look...losing mom and Cas, that's a lot to process, Dean, especially on no sleep. And the kid--"

"'The kid'?" Dean quotes back, annoyed. "Come on, man. You know how this plays out. Dakota does, too. Look, when we try to bend the rules, pretend that the bad guys aren't so bad or that things will get fixed, that's when people that we care about get hurt. And then we're back doing what we should have done in the first place, which is end the problem. So this time, let's start with the obvious." Dean rants.

Dakota shifts in her sleep, causing Jack to do the same, before they move relax, Dakota ending up closer to the Nephilim. Sam glances back at them, not knowing how to feel about Dakota having a crush. 

"Soon as I find a way to take care of...it." Dean continues, glaring back in the rear-view mirror. 

"Dean, 'the problem' might be our only shot at saving mom. And Dakota seems to like him, which doesn't happen often. She's drawn to him in some type of way." 

"Mom's gone. There's no fixing that." Dean says. "And Dakota isn't drawn to anything." He spits, denying the truth. 

"This is a bad idea. We should've just kept driving." Dean complains. 

Sam made Dean pull over to a motel so they could all get some sleep, he woke up the two teens in the back. Dakota had sprung away from Jack when she realized she fell asleep on him, her cheeks bright red. 

"Dude." Sam scoffs, ushering a sleep Dakota and Jack forward. "You were hallucinating sheep on the road. We need a few hours." 

Dean shrugs, shouldering his bag as he unlocks the door. The rest of the group following behind, Jack grins as he looks around the room.

"This is nice." He tells him, Dakota nods her head in agreement, placing her bag next to Deans.

Dean immediately checks out the bathroom, Dakota peers over his shoulder--both hoping there wasn't a dead rat like the last time. 

"Let's ward the room, get a bite, get a few hours of sleep, hit the road first thing." Sam says, claiming on of the beds. 

"Yes, please, I'm starving." Dakota groans, flopping back on the other bed--Jack sits next to her and turns on the TV. 

Scooby-Doo's voice fills the room.

"It's...wonderful." He replies in awe. Dakota smiles at him, chuckling quietly at his amazement. 

"Hey. No." Dean scolds, stealing the remote from on top of the TV. 

"But--" Dakota and Jack both go to complain.

Dean opens his mouth to respond but gets distracted by the TV, chuckling before glancing toward the two teens. "No." 

Jack's face falls into a frown.

"And you're on the couch, sport." Dean continues, ignoring Sam's disapproving glare. "All right? So why don't you go over there? Sit down and...here." He laughs as he picks up the Bible, tossing it on the couch as Jack walks away. "Read a book. We're out in a few hours."

Dean flops down on the bed next to Dakota, shoving her to scoot over so he can have more room. She groans as his elbow hits her ribs. Jack picks up the Bible and starts to flip through it. 

"Well, move over." He tells her, Dakota glares at him. 

"Jack, hey, I can take the couch. Why don't--" 

"No, no. It's fine." Jack cuts Sam off, giving him a small smile. 

Sam hesitates but nods, grabbing his bag and heading over to the bed opposite of Dakota and Dean.

"I'm not sleeping until he get food." Dakota speaks up, looking over Dean at Sam.

Dean sighs before getting up, he leaves to grab some burgers while Sam and Dakota begin to paint sigils around the room.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

When Dean comes back, Sam was finishing up the last sigil--Dakota gave up after about three. Dean tosses a burger to Jack before handing one to Dakota, who takes it greedily. 

Jack dives straight into the burger, eating it like he's never seen food before, which he probably hasn't. Dean watches Jack in disgust, Dakota munches on the fries she stole from Dean.

"You can slow down, you know." Dean hisses at Jack. "That stuff's not gonna disappear."

Dakota takes a big bite from her burger, looking over at her dad in confusion. 

"Ever seen you eat, Dean?" Sam responds before glancing at Dakota. "Or Dakota for that matter."

The two Winchesters look up at Sam, both with their mouths full. They glance at each other before choosing to ignore Sam, Dean grabs his beer in response. Jack does the same thing as Dean tosses the cap in the ash tray.

"Wait, wait, wait." Dean stops him. "How old do you think you are?" 

"3 days, 17 hours, and 42 minutes." Jack answers seriously. 

Dean and Sam exchange a look, shrugging. Dean takes a drink of his beer, Jack watches and does the same, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand like Dean. Dakota and Sam exchange amused looks as they watch the Nephilim play shadow. 

Dean places the bottle down, brushing his hands together, Jack copies the movements. Dakota and Sam both laugh quietly, smiles curling at their lips. 

"This book, it mentions my father." Jack announces, pointing down at the Bible on the table. "Not Castiel, but Lucifer." 

Dean glances over at him. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, he's--he's big in the Bible." 

"Lotta screen time." Dakota continues, sending a wink over to Jack. 

"And you...knew him?" Jack asks, looking between the brothers before his gaze settles on Dakota. 

Dakota and Sam both tense up, Dakota scratches at her arms nervously. 

"Well, he's not really an easy guy to know." Sam explains as Dean catches Dakota's hand to stop her. "He's, um, he's kind of rough around the edges." 

"He's Satan." Dean says bluntly.

"And that's...that's bad." Jack drawls out, confused.

"Damn straight." Dean and Dakota state, glancing at each other. 

"See...he turned on his father, God." Dean continues once Dakota takes a bite of her burger. 

"God. He's in here, too." Jack informs, gesturing back to the Bible. "Is he famous or something?" 

Dakota chuckles. "Yeah. God basically created everything." She explains.

"Yeah, and then he skipped out, leaving people like us to clean up his messes, like Lucifer." Dean smiles sarcastically. Dakota shrugs in agreement, Chuck did leave them to deal with everything. 

"So God's like my grandfather. He's family, and that's...that's good." Jack says, copying Dean again by rubbing his hands together. Dean gives him an annoyed look. 

"Sometimes." The oldest Winchester agrees, grabbing his beer and leaning back, placing his foot on the coffee table. 

Jack watches and repeats the same actions. 

"Okay, all right, will you stop?" Dean snaps around a mouthful of food.

"I use to do that all the time, remember?" Dakota speaks up, smiling over at her dad. "I use to follow you around and copy everything you did." 

"Yeah, well, it was cute when you did it." Dean retorts.

"So, Jack, we know Kelly taught you things before you were born." Sam brings everyone's attention to him. "And obviously, you can, you know, make people or things move with your mind. But, um...what else can you do?" 

Jack stares back, dumbfounded. "I...don't know." 

"Okay. For instance, say you wanted to--to be someplace else right now. Could you?" Sam questions.

Jack just continues to stare. Dean sighs and rolls his eyes at the kid. 

"Can you teleport?" He asks bluntly. 

"'Teleport'." Jack tests the word in his mouth. 

"Yes." Dakota and Dean agree at the same time, both of them sighing. 

"If you wanted to be on the other side of that door right this instant, what would you do?" Dean asked, giving Dakota a look.

Jack turns to look at the door before slowly going over to in, opening the door and walking out of the room. The three Winchesters are left dumbfounded by the Nephilim's actions.

"Great." Dean says sarcastically. 

"Wait, if you're giving Jack beer, why can't I have one? I mean, we're practically the same age!" Dakota points out, sitting on the edge of her seat and grabbing Dean's arm.

"You're not getting a beer, Dakota." Dean sighs. "What kind of father would I be if I gave my sixteen year old daughter a beer?" 

"An awesome one." Dakota answers.

"No, an irresponsible one." Dean corrects her.

Jack knocks on the door, and Dean closes his eyes while shaking his head--completely done with everything. 

"You know, it's possible he's more human than we thought." Sam says while going to open the door.

"Mm-hmm." Dean hums, pursing his lips.

Jack walks into the room when Sam opens to the door for him, grinning at the other two Winchesters. 

"Like that?" Jack asks, still grinning. Dakota breathed out a laugh.

"Come on." Dean snaps. "You're trying to tell me you didn't pick up anything before you were born? That your father never reached out to you?"

Jack looks down and Dakota sighs. 

"Dad, come on." She hits her dad's arm, Dean glares at her before looking back up at Jack, noticing his expression.

"What?" He asks the Nephilim.

"Jack? Hey." Sam calls, Dakota stands up a little.

"Jack, you okay?

"Yeah. Uh, good." He answers, shaking his head--as if to clear it. He looks up at Dakota and nods. "I'm good."

Dakota watches him for a few more seconds before sitting back in her seat, stealing another fry from Dean.

"If you don't stop..." Dean trails, glaring at Dakota as she eats the fry.

She raises an eyebrow, she slowly reaches forward, keeping her eyes on Dean and grabbing another fry. Dean tilts gives her a 'really' look, Dakota smirks before eating the fry and humming obnoxiously. 

"All right, I saw we, uh...get some rest." Sam claps, trying to diffuse the building argument between Dean and Dakota.

"It's been a long day. We're startin' early tomorrow." Dean rubs his eyes, Dakota yawns.

The floorboards outside of their door start to creak, the three Winchesters tense up as their head whip over toward the sound. Sam narrows his eyes at the shadows the walk past the door, Sam stood and pointed at them. Dean stands, walking past Jack and tapping his leg--getting the Nephilim to move over. Dakota pulls out an angel blade from her back, moving to stand next to Sam.

Dean places his back against the door, reaching for the knob and casting a look over at his family. Sam has his gun ready, Dakota spins the blade the palm of her hand and catches it, both nodding at Dean. Dean unlocks and the door and opens it at the same time, reaching out and grabbing the person, throwing him onto the coffee table. The three stand over the person, Sam holding his gun up, Dakota walks on the other side of Dean with her blade up. 

"Donatello?" Sam questions.

"It's the Ninja Turtle." Dakota sighs, slipping her blade in the belt at her back.

"Sam? Dean?" Donatello asks, holding his hands up surrender. 

"I'm here too, turtle." Dakota says.

"Is God with you?" Donatello continues, ignoring Dakota. She throws her hands up and Dean gives her a look, so she stops.

Dean helps Donatello up, moving him over so he could sit on the couch. The man takes off his head, breathing heavily like he couldn't catch his breath. Dakota didn't blame him, they did just jump him and threaten him with weapons. Dakota gently grabs Jack's arm and moves him behind her. 

"You okay?" Sam questions with a furrowed brow, watching Donatello fan himself with his hat.

"Ah, pretty much." Donatello replies, releasing a large breath. "No soul of course, thanks to Amara." 

"God's sister, not relevant anymore." Dakota whispers to Jack.

"It's kinda like losing your appendix." Donatello explains, Dakota and Dean roll their eyes while Sam just presses his lips together. "You never really noticed it when you had it. But now, when I come to a moral crossroads, I ask myself, 'what would Mr. Rogers do?' And as soon as I nail that, I'm usually good." Dakota raises her eyebrows at him, exchanging a look with her dad. 

"Why are you here, turtle?" Dakota asks at the same time as Dean, except the oldest Winchester doesn't call him 'turtle'. 

Donatello sucks in a breath. "Yes. That is the question we all must ask." 

"I'm gonna kill him." Dakota sighs, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Dean closes his eyes, about as done with this as Dakota is. 

"Why are you in Wyoming?" Dean corrects. 

"Oh. Uh, well...after God retired, I told myself, 'Donatello, you are so retired.'" 

"Oh, my God. I can't anymore." Dakota announces, placing her head in her hands.

"Dakota." Dean hisses, scolding her. Dakota looks up and gestures to Donatello, like it was his fault for her attitude--which it is. 

"I mean, who needs a prophet of God when there is no God?" Donatello continues, chuckling at himself. "So...the other night. I'm online, checking out condos in Boca, and I am knocked off my feet by this weird wave of power. Not exactly like God's. More like...something new, something fresh."

The brothers exchange a pointed glance while Dakota shifts so she's more in front of Jack, hiding him from Donatello's view.

"I was drawn to it. It's here." Donatello announces, his eyes widen. "Wow. Right here." He looks over at Dakota. "It's you." He accuses. 

"It's not her." Dean sighs, rubbing his eyes his his hand. He gestures for Dakota to move, she hesitates before shifting over more.

Jack peeks around Dakota and Donatello's eyes widen more. 

"Who are you?" Donatello questions. 

"I'm...Jack." Jack greets, his brow furrowed as he glances toward Dakota--almost asking if it was okay. Dakota gives him a small smile and nods.

"Jack is a Nephilim." Sam informs, Dakota shoots him a look.

Dakota has never really cared for Donatello, finding them man annoying and irritating. 

Donatello gasps. "A child of a human and an angel." He stares at Jack, making Dakota moves so she's halfway in front of the boy.

"Archangel, actually." Sam corrects. "Uh...Lucifer." 

"Lucifer?" Donatello asks, his gaze finally leaving Jack. 

"Donatello here is a prophet." Dakota tells Jack softly. 

"Which means he has a direct line to God, or Heaven." Dean explains, giving his daughter a disapproving look. 

"Yes, well, not so much anymore." Donatello sighs before standing, his eyes stuck to the Nephilim. "But, uh...look at you. The waves of power...so intense." 

Dakota moves Jack behind her, placing her hand on the boy's arm. 

"Maybe less human than we thought." Dean hisses to Sam. 

"You know, I've met your father." Donatello tells Jack, ignoring Dakota's protective stance. "Your power's nothing like his. Not dark, not toxic." Dakota's face brightens up and she smiles at Jack.

"That so?" Sam asks, giving Dean a pointed look.

"Not yet." Dean retorts, Dakota gives him a glare. 

"If Jack is sending out a signal strong enough to get Donatello all the way out here...the angels are still out there. I mean, who knows what else might be listening? He needs protection."

Dean sighs in annoyance, while Dakota just pats Jack's arm to calm him down. Dakota gave him a reassuring smile, knowing what Sam's plan was--getting a sigil tattooed onto Jack. 

Hey guys! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know what you thought! 

Love, Kaz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 2.1K 98
Never did you think you would have children of your own, especially with the love of your life. Now that you finally do, you have to realize that the...
171K 5.5K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
64.2K 1.6K 30
Juliet Eloise Sullivan, a well known Hunter who's always been by Dean and John Winchester's side, slaying monsters and burning the bones of people wh...
421K 11.2K 40
"You know the rules." He said, raising an eyebrow in question, silently asking her to recite the rules. "Stay close and stay alert." She recited car...