The Only Solution

mmacdonald22 द्वारा

The Blackbourne Team has been undercover for the past six months with a dangerous gang. Everything is fine un... अधिक

Description
Chapter 1 - Owen
Chapter 2 - Sang
Chapter 3 - Sang
Chapter 4 - Sean
Chapter 5 - Nathan
Chapter 6 - Sang
Chapter 7 - Gabriel
Chapter 8 - Sang
Chapter 9 - Victor
Chapter 11 - Luke
Chapter 12 - North
Chapter 13 - Dr. Roberts
Chapter 14 - Sang
Chapter 15 - Sang
Chapter 16 - Silas
Chapter 17 -Sang
Chapter 18 - Kota
Chapter 19 - Sang
Chapter 20 - North
Chapter 21 - Luke
Chapter 22 - Sang

Chapter 10 - Sang

4.8K 213 36
mmacdonald22 द्वारा

I would like to recommend 'The Forgotten Princess' by SuperWhoGhost. It is not completed, but it has not been abandoned I think.

XxXxXxXx

I don't know the age difference between Kota and Jessica, so I just said 4 years. This means that Kota is 20 years old which makes Jessica 16 years old as mentioned later. 

Sang

Everyone headed back to their own homes after dinner last night. It had been a while since Owen and I had been just the two of us, so it was nice to have some 'us' time. I know I enjoyed it. 

However today they all had to get back to their main mission. But Kota couldn't go back which meant he was with me today at Owen's place. They needed to confirm that they were still with the gang which was their main mission of course before I came crashing into their life. But like I had warned them, Kota couldn't be in on it because everyone thought he was dead and that is how it should be.

I walk over and give Owen a quick kiss, "See you tomorrow or later tonight, Angel Eyes."

He chuckled, "Bye darling."

Kota was coming in a couple minutes and everyone else was meeting at the place trying to make it seem like they had not spent the time together. I didn't really ask because I knew they could not tell me. I knew about the Academy by myself. Honestly, their code had a back door in it that was easily accessible if you knew where it was.

I had first hacked in because I was worried about Owen who was showing up injured or recovering from injuries. And the fact if he was government I didn't want to be tricked or used. Luckily, neither was the case.

"Sang?" called out Kota.

He was here! I replied, "Kota?"

He walked into the living room where I was watching Lucifer on Netflix. I love the show! It is hilarious and just made me laugh. I was re-watching the show and I was on Season 2 Episode 12. 

Kota asked, "What are you watching?"

I smile, "Lucifer, but we can watch something else if you want."

He sat down next to me on the couch, "Whatever you want, Sang."

I turned to him, "But seriously, I have already seen all of them. What do you want to watch?"

Kota took the remote, "Do you have 'The Hobbit'?"

I squealed, "I love those movies! Of course, I do. Here it is!" showing him how to get to where i have the movies.

He questioned, "Who is your favorite character?"

I answer, "Legolas, though I prefer him in 'Lord of the Rings'. What about you?"

Kota thinks on it for a bit, "Probably Gandalf."

I tell him, "I like him, but Galadriel is better than him."

He looked at me, "You have to be kidding. Gandalf is there for Bilbo and Galadriel barely appears."

I cross my arms, "But when she is there, she makes an impact!"

Kota rolls his eyes, "Agree to disagree."

I snort, "I disagree."

He laughs, "That's the point, maybe we should play a game."

I smirk, "What about Monopoly?"

Kota solemnly shakes his head, "We can't, that game has been banned from our houses."

I frown, "Why?"

He keeps his serious face, "We played once as a family and I can say that was the closest time we ever nearly broke up the family."

I laugh, "Monopoly, the game to ruin friendships."

Kota laughs along with me, "Not a good idea when everyone is so competitive."

I stand up, "What about a good game of Risk?"

Kota nods, "Why not? I haven't played in a while."

I go searching through the cabinets and return with the game, "Sorry, we only have the Doctor Who version."

He looks confused, "What's the difference?"

I explain, "It's Risk but based on the show Doctor Who which is awesome by the way."

Kota leans back in the couch, "Never seen it."

I stare at him, "Never?"

"Never."

I pretend to be offended, "How could you?"

Kota chuckles, "We are pretty busy around here."

I shrug, "I would show it to you but some idiot took it off Netflix and I just have the modern season saved with the female doctor."

He looks at me, "I have no idea what you just said, but explain the game to me."

I sit down and begin setting it up, "So it goes like this. . ."

***

Kota laughed, "You were right, this is fun."

I put away the pieces, "This way it takes less long than the regular Risk game."

He asked, "What do you want to do now?"

I shake my head, "I have no idea. What do you want to do?"

Kota gets a far-away look in his eye, "I haven't visited the family in a while."

I sit back on my heels, "Why can't we pop in?"

He shrugs, "I don't think that Mr.B-I mean Owen would like that."

I give him a look, "Owen is my boyfriend, not my father or my boss."

Kota looked hesitant, "He might not be your boss, but technically he is mine."

I cross my arms, "And you are Team Lead. I'll take the fall for it. I am sure he will forgive me after I sleep with him."

Poor Kota just turned bright red, "W-what?"

I laugh, "God, you're adorable."

Now, it's my turn to turn red. You are not supposed to say things to your boyfriend's brothers. This is not good. Luckily, it doesn't seem like Kota noticed my slip up. Damn it, I have a very attractive boyfriend, I do not need to find these other fine men who he considers brothers as hot. It's like Fate has it out for me. Why do I have to be attracted to these guys as well?

I am so fucked.

I quickly go back to the original subject, "So where do your parents live?"

Kota corrects me, "Parent, only my mother and my sister."

I feel like hitting myself for the slip-up, "Oh, okay. Let's go!"

He is still hesitant, "Are you sure?"

I nod, "Of course. I call playing the music."

We are taking Kota's car and he knows the way to get his Mom's place. Apparently, his sister is called Jessica and she is 16 years old about to turn 17. The way he talks about them shows how much he loves them. It makes me smile how his family is so put together now. At least after their bastard of a father left. No one told me, but I know exactly who put those shadows in Kota's eyes. If I ever beat him, I won't feel any guilt about killing him. Some people deserve to die.

Kota announced, "We're here."

I smile like I wasn't planning someone's murder in my head, "Cool. Are you sure that they are home?"

He nods, "This is the one day Mom takes off from the hospital and where they have a bonding time."

Kota goes up to knock and I follow behind. I look down at what I am wearing and it is decent for meeting someone's mother. It's what Gabe bought me yesterday. It could be worse, at least it's not all black. That usually makes me come off as more intimidating. Well, as intimidating as a girl of my stature can be. 

"Kota?" Apparently, his mother or sister opened the door.

Kota hugs the figure, "Mom."

This must be Erica, she sees me and asks, "Who is this, Kota?"

He turns towards me, "This is Sang, she is the one who convinced me to come visit you."

Erica gives me a smile before ushering us inside, "Well, don't wait here. Come inside! Jessica will be so happy that you came to see her. She misses her older brother."

Kota smiles as well, "I am happy to see you guys too."

She calls out, "JESSICA!"

I hear an answer, "WHAT?!"

Ah, the joy of having a female teenager in the house. "KOTA IS HERE!" Erica yells.

We hear a series of stomps and accompanying curses. It seems that Jessica is coming down, quite excitedly I might add. Soon enough, Jessica shows up at the top of the stairs and literally flies into her brother's arms. That must be nice to have family having to see me. Step-Bitch would rather kill me, my father pretend I not exist and my sister to join in with Step-Bitch. Yeah, family issues . . . we get used to them.

Jessica turned to me after welcoming her brother, "Are you his girlfriend?"

Kota and I both turn red, "She's not my girlfriend, Jess."

I add, "I am dating Owen actually."

Jessica looks around, "Then where is he?"

I tell her, "He's busy."

She nods in understanding, "Academy stuff. Wait, are you Academy?"

I reply, "No."

Kota scolds his sister, "Jessica, you can't just go outing it like that to people you don't know."

She defends herself, "I didn't know. I just assumed if she was dating Mr.B-"

I interrupt, "Call him Owen, that's his name."

Erica chuckles, "I like you, you will be good for him. Are you hungry? I just finished a chocolate cake."

Jessica answers before I can, "Chocolate!" and takes off to what I presume to be the kitchen.

I smile gratefully, "If it is not too much trouble."

Erica waves away my worries, "Of course, it isn't. What kind of host am I if I don't feed my guests? I need to catch up with my son also."

I followed her to the kitchen where Jessica was cutting herself a huge piece of cake that was about a fourth of said cake. Kota gave her a look and she split her huge piece of cake into four. I like Jessica already, my type of person. I actually don't what my type of person is. I haven't been around people a lot. 

Wow, that's sad.

Jessica handed me a piece of cake, "Here, Sang."

I took the plate, "Thanks."

We all sat around the kitchen counter and Erica asked, "How long have you been dating Owen?"

I think carefully about my answer, "We've been dating for around a year."

Jessica piped up, "How old are you?"

I swallowed a piece of cake that was in my mouth, "Twenty."

She looked at me, "I'm sixteen."

Kota spoke up in order to prevent further questioning, "Well, squirt, how has school been?"

Jessica smiled, "It's been great. I've been doing fine in all my classes."

I ask, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

I asked because no one ever asked me. Back when father was around, well the point was he wasn't that much more around to even ask. Marie and Step-Bitch were too focused on making my life a living hell. After, I was supposed to be a sex slave, then an assassin. I never had a choice.

Jessica looked up at me, "I don't really know. I just don't want to be a nurse."

Erica playfully looked offended, "Excuse me, does that mean something young lady?"

She laughed, "I don't want the same job as you, Mom."

I reassure her, "You have plenty of time to figure that out."

Erica took another bite of cake, "What do you do, Sang? Are you still in college?"

Well, not exactly, I'm an assassin you see and I kill people for a living. Can't tell her that, can I. . .

I shrugged, "I'm not in college anymore, but I am employed in the family's business helping out. I am taking online courses."

LIES!

Kota looked at me bizarrely, but kept talking, "Owen was supposed to spend a week with her, but a job came up. He asked for me to spend time with her and she suggested that if I wanted to visit you guys."

Erica smiled at me, "I appreciate you dragging Kota back here. We don't see him nearly enough. How long have you known each other?"

AVOID THE QUESTION!

I smile at her too, "Well, I met Kota through Owen obviously. They were all very welcoming after the first night together. Kota was a joy to be around."

Especially since when I met him, he was unconscious most of the time.

Erica didn't sense my avoiding the question and continued, "Well, Kota, what excuse do you have for not coming to see your poor mother and sister for so long?"

Kota looked guilty, "Work just got busy."

Jessica whispered to me, "Do you know about the Academy?"

I nod and whisper back, "I figured it out, but you can't tell anyone about it."

She grinned, "I want to be Academy, but Kota said no."

"You don't have to join the Academy, there are plently of other law enforcement agencies in the world. CIA, FBI, the cops. . ."

She shrugged, "I don't know, but I like what Kota does. By the way, what do you really do? I caught your lie, but Mom didn't."

I let out a grim chuckle, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

Jessica crossed her arms, "Try me!"

I shake my head, "Classified."

She smiled again, "COOL!"

Kota caught my attention again, "Jessica, do you want to show Sang your room? I need to talk to Mom."

I stood up, "Lead the way!"

Jessica jumped up and dragged me up the stairs, "You're smart, right? Can you help me with my math? I would ask Kota, but . . ."

I nod, "I would love to."

We both sat down on her bed and started her work. A fact I learned after I agreed to help was the fact that Jessica took advanced math like college level math. I knew how to do it, but thinking it was going to be easy high school calculus was a mistake I wouldn't make again.

Soon enough, I heard Erica and Kota coming up the stairs. I stood up and I could tell Jessica didn't know they were coming. My hearing was good, mostly because that and my sense of smell would save my life or save me from potential punishments. I was open the door right before the others had time to do.

Kota told me, "Owen's texted me and said he was coming back to his place. I need to bring you back."

I nod before turning around and giving a wave to Jessica, "Bye, see you soon!"

Jessica waved back, "Thanks for your help!"

Though I was getting better, I didn't like when people touched me. I reminded me too much of men trying to take advantage of me or Step-Bitch's punishment. I would deal with it later. Procrastination for the win!

I followed Kota downstairs and outside, waving to Erica, "Bye!"

Kota entered his car and asked me, "How did you like my family?"

I smiled, "They are nice people."

He grinned, "They're doing fine. I admit I was feeling guilty for not seeing them in a while."

I took his next silence as a moment for a nap. I hadn't had the chance to sleep in a while. Last night, I was with Owen alone and we were definitively not sleeping. The night before there was the sleepover and despite not remembering large parts of it, I knew sleep is not what he did. The night before before had been only five hours along due to back-to-back assignments.

Yes, sleep would be nice. . .

***

Word Count: 2599

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

4.2K 331 14
Sang Sorenson a woman with power. A ghost. A legend. A myth. Many think she's a just an old wives-tale in the Academy. One who can complete any missi...
Fire And Ice Nisha द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

44.8K 2.8K 41
When Derrick died, someone sang loved dearly and considered as a father figure. Leaving her to her abusive family. Things begin to change as she lear...
You Again Lya द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

169K 7.4K 38
After the Ashley Waters mission, the Blackbourne Team and Sang were planning on spending time together. When an important mission comes up, they leav...
117K 4.8K 36
What if Sang was kidnapped once more by Volto? By the time that the boys find her, Volto has beaten Sang into a coma. She wakes up two weeks later w...