Mixed Emotions (girlxgirl)

By Sitama

Rogue has this uncontrollable love for her best friend Hayden, but she can't find the right time to tell her... More

If Only She Knew
What Are The Odds?
Take a Picture, It'll Last Longer
What's Her Deal?
We're All a Little Gay Every Once in a While
Drooling at Her Feet
Chocolate Cookie Crumble Frappuccino and Peppermint Lip Gloss
I'll Beat Your Ass to a Pulp
She's in the Hospital?
Once it's Gone You'll Miss it Terribly
The Unknown
Monstrous Monstrosity
Life of a Promiscuous Girl
Confessions Part 1
Confessions Part 2
Confessions Part 3
The Perfect Night Part 1
The Perfect Night Part 2
The Perfect Night Part 3

The Carnival

12.1K 253 54
By Sitama

Rogue's POV-

I felt like complete shit. Not only have I upset Hayden once again, but she really doesn't want to see me. II literally thought she wasn't serious the first time she told me. Maybe a few days separated from each other at the most, but it seems that she doesn't want to see me for a while. A while meaning weeks. Weeks ending up being months. And months ending up being years. 'What if she doesn't ever want to see me again?!' I thought to myself completely frightened.

My steps slowed down as I got near the front entrance of the hospital. I've been running away from most of my problems lately and they are finally starting to eat me alive. I can't stand lying to Hayden about my feelings for her. The thought of lying to my mother about being into girls even disgusts me. Ever since my father died I haven't kept anything from my mom except the Hayden issue and being a homosexual. How do you tell the woman who has sacrificed everything for you to help make your life better after your father died that your prefer females over males? Hopefully I won't end up like those people who stay closeted their entire life because they don't want to disappoint their family? Don't get me wrong, family is very important and you want to do everything in your power to protect them and keep 'em happy, but once you put your own happiness at risk because you want to impress them is something no one should have to do. Family is supposed to love you for who you are no matter what. I know everyone's family means a lot to them, but someone who is not going to love you just because of their opinion on what is right or wrong should not even be considered family. I love my mother with all my heart and when I decide to come out to her I will do it with so much confidence and keep in mind that she might not accept me. If her opinion of me changes bitterly I'll still love her more than anything because she is indeed my mother and she was the one who brought me into this world.

"Rogue!" I heard an incredibly lovely female voice shout out my name. "Wait up!" She yelled out at me again.

I turned around to see whose voice it belonged to. Roma's beautiful yet fully concerned facial expression caught my attention. Sadness filled throughout my body at the thought of causing her to worry about me. I just met this insanely gorgeous girl and I'm already feeling bad that she has to deal with my constant mood changing already.

I put on my famous fake smile when she caught up to me. She was almost out of breath from chasing after me I assume. Roma ran her long fingers through her long, black beautiful hair trying to fix it. She looked up at my face and gave me a quick, but nervous smile in return.

"I apologize for reacting the way I did back there in front of you. It was quite rude of me to burst out in anger in front of everyone. It's just when I get so upset and angry with someone everything around me seems to cease to exist except for that one person." I told Roma apologetically.

She waved her right hand indicating that it was not a problem to her whatsoever. "It's totally fine. You were upset. I'm sure I would have done the same thing to the person I love." Roma said calmly with complete ease.

My eyes stretched to the size of large walnuts as I stuttered out, I-I'm not in love with Hayden. Nope, not at all. Why would you think that?" I said way too fast for my liking. Roma stood in front of me with an eyebrow raised. I rolled my eyes at her gesture and sighed.

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Nah, not too obvious, but enough for me to get a vibe from both of you when you two were arguing. Plus the way you two looked at each other when you first walked in the room was like the way a married couple would look at one another." Roma said nodding to herself as if she was pleased with what she had said.

"You know, she does have mutual feelings for you too. Though she does hide it a tad better than you do." She chuckled teasingly.

My mouth opened ajar from what she just told me. "N-no. Hayden d-doesn't like me in that way. I mean we're best friends and have been for such a long time. Plus she even has a boyfriend for God's sake." I said mostly to myself than to Roma. I was unconvinced of the fact that Hayden might actually feel the same way. Let's say that Roma was actually speaking the truth for a minute. Hayden would have told me she shared the same feelings for me already if it was true, right? RIGHT?

"Is that so?" Roma said unconvinced. "Just because you two are best friends doesn't mean she can't have feelings for you. Honestly, you never know her having a boyfriend could possibly just be a cover up. Plenty of closeted people do that so people don't go to any conclusions. Seriously though, look at you! You're probably the most beautiful girl I have laid my eyes on. I'm surprised not one hits on you as much as they should be doing. Hayden sees the beauty you hold and I'm sure that's one of the many reasons she has fell for you." Roma blushed when she finished what she wanted to say.

My cheeks turned a shade of bright pink. 'Did she just confess that she thought I was beautiful? No, maybe I somehow heard her wrong. Are you freaking stupid? The most gorgeous girl just said you were beautiful! Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise. This beautiful girl in front of you actually believes you're attractive so don't ruin it.'

"Rogue? Where did you go?" Roma asked while giggling and waving her hands in front of my face.

I shook my head slightly trying to get my mind out of the trance she put me through and focused my attention on the beautiful girl in front of me.

"Hey Rogue, how are you feeling?" Asked a masculine voice coming from behind Roma. Roma turned around and I looked over her shoulder from behind her to find Reese walking towards both of us.

"I'm fine now. Good thing Roma was here to cheer me up because if it wasn't for her I probably would have been still depressed about everything. I responded to Reese, but I kept my eyes on Roma and smiled.

Reese must have caught my slight blush because he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer towards him.

"I'm glad you two have gotten along so quickly. I would have thought the thick headed Roma would've give you a tough time already. Usually she isn't so nice to people." Reese said teasingly to Roma.

I looked away from Reese over to Roma to see what she would come up with, but all I saw was her staring at Reese with her mouth wide open. I laughed at the sight of Roma's face. She glared at me playfully and I put my arms up in defense while I continued to geek out.

"I'll have you know that I am quite the helpful and nice person when it comes to comforting someone in need, okay? Rogue looked so devastated and broken that I couldn't help but feel torn up inside myself. A pretty girl like herself should never withhold a smile from creeping upon her face because just one small smile could light up the entire world in an instant."

I stopped smiling as Reese and I looked over at Roma with serious expressions. Roma ignored Reese's stare, but she looked directly into my eyes with her beautiful chocolate brown ones and gave me a flirtatious wink.

"You're such a flirt, Roma." Reese said amused while looking in between us.

"You know I can't help myself once I lay my eyes upon a cute girl. It's almost impossible for me to hold back my comments and you know that." She said seriously.

"Yeah, yeah I know." Reese said rolling his eyes. "Oh hey, I know this is random, but it could actually be fun for all of us. Plus it could help keep Rogue's mind off of everything." He said now grabbing both of our attention.

"Just spit it out already." Roma commented.

Obeying Roma's order Reese continued what he was saying. "We should all go to our schools carnival tonight."

Roma and I looked at Reese with un-amused expressions. Does he honestly believe going to our schools carnival will be fun?

"Oh c'mon you guys. It'll me so much fun!" I guess he does think it will be fun...

"Okay, whatever. I'm fine with going to a carnival tonight. That is if Rogue is up to it as well." Roma told Reese and he looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Reese, the puppy dog face won't work with me. Only certain people have that effect on me and well, you're not one of them." I chuckled softly at his determination to try to convince me that going to the carnival would be fun.

Reese frowned. "Yeah well I know plenty of people would give into this adorable face." He told us while flipping his hair out of his face.

"Ha ha okay, like whom?" Roma challenged.

"Uhhh..." He trailed off trying to think of people. He looked down in defeat. "You're right, no one has given in." Reese said completely child-like.

"Hah!" I yelled out loudly.

Though Reese could be correct. Maybe going to the carnival could be a great distraction for me. I do need a break from all the drama in my life. Plus while I'm there I could learn more about Roma too. I think I might actually consider this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The loud shots and dings of people trying their luck at various booths. The joyful screams of children running passed all three of us put a smile on my face. The barks from the parents yelling at their kids to not run too far filled the field mixed with the conflicting music from the many game booths and the other people shouting over the noise. Carnivals were exuberant and exciting for all ages. No matter how old you get you will always have fun.

There's so much to do, see, taste and even smell. The odorous smells of the different foods mixing together. The smell of the manure from the many farm animals reached my nostrils alongside with the bathrooms- visited by too many people to keep them clean.

A carnival is nothing if not the temptations of the various choices of the foods, for the games or even the rides. No one can focus on just one thing while as a carnival. The sound and sight of the lively children running around the place. The bright lights and loud colors caught my attention. Every booth and rides were covered in many different colors from red to blue, purple and yellow and white to green. The moving objects had me looking all over the place. The ticket lines were filled with hundreds of people wanting to join in on the fun and excitement. There were plenty of competitions at each and every booth. People were playing all of the games as is the thought of money being spent will never run out.

Tons of people swarmed the concessions as it got close to dinner time. The smell of the sweetness of the kettle corn being popped, sugary sweetness from the cotton candy and funnel cakes had my stomach grumbling furiously at me. But, the price of the foods nowadays kept me from getting anything because my wallet was as empty as Adolf Hitler's cold heart.

Reese dragged Roma and me into the carnival my high school was hosting the moment I agreed to going. He was right though, I haven't had one depressing though the second we had arrived here. Consciously I thanked him for suggesting me here. Hopefully tonight will be so much fun. I haven't had a moment of excitement this entire week so I'll cherish every minute I spend with them.

"Hey, uhm, guys... I think I'll catch up with you two later, alright" Reese said to Roma and me while he had his full attention on a group of hot guys messing around standing in line near the only roller coaster in the park.

Roma and I rolled our eyes at the sight of Reese running towards the group of guys. Suddenly things got awkward. Neither one of us said a word to each other since Reese left and that was around ten minutes ago. We both had no idea what to say to each other considering the fact that we just met today. We both walked around the park twice side by side closely to each other, but not close enough to touch. Five more minutes passed by and the silence had me starting to feel uncomfortable. Occasionally I would catch Roma glancing at me as she would catch me doing the same thing. She looked over at me again and blushed a bright pink. I looked at her with a confused expression playing on my face.

"What?" I asked curiously while glancing at her then turning my face towards the front of us so I don't run into anyone.

A cute small smile played on her lips. I smirked back. Not because I knew what she was thinking about, but because her smile was so damn contagious. Ignoring my question, Roma swayed her hips to the beat of the music playing on the speakers surrounding the park. She bumped her right hip against my own and sang along to the song being played.

"I'm a halfhearted fool with a heart that's broke in two. A quarter and a kiss is all it should be worth to you." Roma sang the first verse to the song out loud. I kept on walking forward trying my best to act like I didn't know the cute, obnoxious weirdo dancing next to me.

"Oh c'mon Rogue, let's dance!" She exclaimed cheerfully.

I stopped walking in my tracks and gave her an awkward crooked smile. "I can't dance even if my life depended on it." I confessed embarrassedly.

Roma immediately stopped dancing the second I said "I can't." She stared at me with disbelief.

"Oh. My. God. I have never met someone who couldn't dance!" She slightly shouted out. "C'mere." Roma said as she grabbed both of my hands and pulled me onto the mini dance floor filled with loads of people. She stood in front of me and placed both of my hands on either side of her hips. Her back was facing me as she pressed her body against mine and started to slowly grind her hips against me. Blood flowed rapidly to my cheeks, making my face as red as ever. Her hips gained speed to copy the rhythm of the music as it got faster. I found myself mocking every one of her movements. Roma turned around so we were face to face. She straddled my hips as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and brought our faces close together

The moment our eyes met my body was sent into a deep trance. Every organ in my body became ten times lighter than they actually were. It was at this very moment I was able to look into her beautiful brown eyes and see every emotion she has ever experienced throughout her life, but there was only one emotion that stuck out more than the others at this moment. Love. Roma's eyes burned into my own with so much intensity of love and passion. The thought of this girl even coming close to loving me sent my stomach into frenzy. It felt as if billions of butterflies were fluttering insanely inside of me. Adrenaline overpowered my heart which made it start beating frantically.

Roma leant in closer to my face. So close to the point where I could feel her hot breath brushing against my cheek. I inhaled the sweet scent of her minty breath as she exhaled. She then placed her forehead upon mine and held it there until the song ended. She pulled away from my already burning red face and smiled sweetly.

"And that is how you dance. You're actually quite the expert from what I experienced. Maybe we could go dancing some other time." Roma stated nervously. Her face was almost as red from embarrassment as mine. She looked so freaking adorable when she was nervous. All I wanted to do was wrap her up into my arms and cover her entire face with kisses.

"Y-yeah that would be cool." I told her with equal nervousness.

"So, hey... I was wondering if you wanted to go on that roller coaster over there." Roma pointed towards the fairly large coaster behind me. I turned around to take a good look at it. I quietly whimpered to myself as I watched the first cart of people race down the largest hill. I never understood why people enjoyed riding roller coasters so much. Getting to the top of the biggest hill is the worst feeling ever. Adrenaline fills madly throughout your body. Once your cart reaches the top it uses almost all of its gravitational potential energy. Your heart pumps crazily with so much exhilaration from the first drop. You get tossed around with so much roughness and brutality. Sometimes they go so fast, that no matter how hard you try to scream, your cry will not come out, as if it was trapped inside your body. But after experiencing all of that suspense, fear and weightlessness you can't help but also feel relieved and accomplished after the ride.

I looked at Roma with fear filling my eyes. "Uh-uhm, sure." I said to her uneasily.

She must have felt the fear my body was giving off because she grabbed a hold of my hand. "It'll be fine, Rogue. Nothing bad will happen to you, okay?" She gave me a reassuring smile and I nodded slowly in her direction, but kept my eyes plastered on the roller coaster. She lightly squeezed the hand she was holding and pulled me towards the small line of people.

Within five minutes of waiting we reached the front of the line. Every seat was occupied except for the front row. Still holding onto my hand Roma rushed us both over to the first cart. I slowly sat down in my seat next to her and put on my seatbelt. I pulled the string of the seatbelt as tightly as I could. Though Roma had a totally different idea. I watched her loosen her seatbelt as far as she could stretch it. She looked up at me once she was done and followed my gaze.

"You're probably wondering why I'm loosening my seat belt instead of tightening it like everyone else, huh?" She smirked and I nodded. "I love the feeling of being lifted up out of my seat when going down the hills" Roma said coolly.

"Why-" I was cut off from finishing my sentence when the cart jerked forward and headed up the first largest hill. My heart was roughly pumping against my rib cage furiously I thought my chest was going to burst open. I gripped onto the arm rests between Roma and me for dear life. My knuckles were turning a ghostly white from the strength I was using. I started to inhale deeply. Suddenly I heard someone giggling next to me.

"Do you act like this every time you go on a roller coaster?" Roma asked still giggling.

I glared at her and she smiled sweetly. She grabbed my right hand and held onto it while slowly rubbing her thumb across my knuckles. My body immediately relaxed the moment our skin made contact. She then brought my hand up to her lips and kissed it softly. A chill of excitement ran at an incredible speed down my spine.

Finally, we reached the top of the hill. The ride stopped for a few seconds before racing down the large hill in full speed. I clutched onto Roma's hand tightly while she tried to stand up in her seat. Thoughts of panic filled my mind of Roma hurting herself somehow. But, they quickly erased as I watched her with adoration. She had a wide-toothy smile plastered on her face and scream with joy. Her magnificently long raven black hair flew all over the place. I on the other hand was screaming with fear. After the first hill the ride seemed to get easier for me. I would occasionally open my eyes after the first two hills and sometimes scream in joy.

The ride finished within a few minutes and I was glad all of that was finally over. Though my main focus was on how fast my heart was still racing at an abnormal speed from all of the suspense and excitement that I forgot I was still holding onto Romas' hand. We walked around the park a few times still hand in hand. I didn't want to waste this amazing moment so I held onto her tightly. Not enough to hurt her obviously, but enough for her to realize she too was still holding onto my hand. Roma looked down at our hands and muttered a quiet "Sorry." She released her hold on my hand and walked awkwardly next to me because clearly she was embarrassed that she hadn't realized sooner.

'Tonight was probably the most fun I have had in years! I'm glad I got to spend it with such a beautiful girl too.' I thought happily to myself.

"Oh look!" Roma said pointing directly at one of the many game booths. "We should go do that!" She exclaimed cheerfully, almost like a little kid.

The game she was pointing at was the Ring Toss. The booth was covered in tons of red flashing lights and music was playing in the background. Roma ran over to the booth and paid the young teenage boy, who looked to be around our age, five dollars. He handed her 5 rings and she each one onto 5 different glass bottles. The guy behind the booth stared at Roma with awe.

"No one has gotten all five of them today. That's really amazing and to think you did it within a few short seconds." He said to her flirtatiously.

Roma didn't acknowledge his poor attempt of trying to flirt. "So which prize do I get?" She asked him. The young man pointed at a group of large teddy bears hanging in the right upper hand corner of the booth. She nodded and said, "I'll have that one," and pointed to the only brown and white bear.

The tall young man reached up for the bear and handed it to Roma. "Thanks." She said and walked away. I followed her over to a large picnic table where she sat down and set the bear on the table.

"Here" Roma said handing me the large bear before I took my seat. "I won this for you." She confessed to me quietly. I blushed a light pink and held onto the bear next to me. I looked over at Roma who was sitting across from me to see what she was doing. She was looking around the area we were sitting in.

Suddenly my stomach started to gurgle in intense hunger. I clutched my stomach with my right arm so Roma couldn't hear it, but I didn't it too late. Her attention was focused on me and a smile played on her lips.

"I guess you're hungry, huh? I mean you should be if you haven't eaten all day. Is there something you would like to eat? I'll get you anything." She said sweetly.

"N-no I'm fine. I wouldn't want to be a burden to you. Plus I don't exactly like it when people spend money on me." I told her honestly.

Roma shook her head side to side and chuckled. "It's okay, hon. I don't mind buying you something to eat. Also I'm quite hungry myself so I was going to get a hotdog or something."

"Well if you insist..." I dragged out.

"Alright so what would you like?"

"I'll have whatever you're going to get." I told her.

"Okay a hotdog it is. I'll get them so I'll be right back." Roma said as she got up from her seat and headed towards the closest concession stand.

'What am I going to do about Hayden?' I thoughtfully asked myself. 'Since her dad is way too busy with work tonight she'll have to spend the night at my house. That is if she's not already there by now. What is she going to do once I arrive home? Is she even going to talk to me when she made it clear that she doesn't even want to be near me? How long does she plan on keeping us apart from each other because I know damn well the distance will hurt her as much as it's hurting me?'

"Hey, hey, hey, everything's going to be okay, Rogue." Roma said rushing over to sit next to me. I must have been in deep thought before she arrived because I didn't even notice her walking towards the table with the two hotdogs and a drink.

Roma took a seat next to me and rubbed her hand on my back in a circular motion. I cried harder at the thought of Hayden again.

"Shhh, please don't cry, hon. Everything will go back to normal sooner than you think." Roma kept telling me soothing words to calm me down.

"How do you know that? It might take days, weeks or even months for things to get better between Hayden and I." I croaked out.

"Well, you're right I honestly don't know, but I do know you two will come up with something and your friendship will be as strong as ever once everything is over." Roma said trying to reassure me.

I nodded slowly and rubbed my sleeve across my nose. Roma gave me another one of her million dollar smiles and wiped away the tears that were falling down my cheek. I shivered as the cold air blew mildly. I tried pulling my hoodie over the exposed areas of the skin. Roma opened up the right side of her hoodie and motioned for me cuddle up against her. I sat completely still. 'Do I accept her offer and cuddle with her or just act like an idiot and keep on sitting still?'

"Oh c'mon I don't bite." Roma said with a toothy grin. I nodded shyly and cuddle up next to her. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder and brought me closer. I nervously laid my head upon her chest. We sat there at the picnic table in a comfortable silence for several minutes until she finally spoke.

"You know, we haven't come across Reese this entire evening. Do you think he's still out here somewhere?" Roma asked curiously.

During those several minutes of silence I was starting to drift off to sleep so I only shrugged my shoulders. I sighed quietly and shut my eyes again, only paying attention to the speed of Romas' heartbeat. My eyes opened once I felt her chest moving up and down. I looked up at her to see what she was doing and her lovely laughter filled my ears.

"You're tired, huh?" Roma asked.

"Mhmmmmm." Was all I managed to get out. I laid my head back onto her chest and snuggled closer to her small body.

"Rogue...?" She said my name in the form of a question.

"Hmmmm?" I muttered sleepily. I waited a few seconds for her to say something, but she never did. I looked up at her once again and my eyes immediately locked with her gorgeous black ones. She stared passionately into my eyes. Within seconds she leaned in so close to my face to the point where the tip of our noses touched. I couldn't take it anymore so I sat up and pressed my lips against her own. Our lips moved in a slow rhythmic motion. I couldn't help but blush at the sound of my heart jumping frantically with joy inside of my chest. I slid my tongue across her bottom lip and gently bit down on it. This act caused Roma to let out a quite moan and sped up the movement of the kiss.

I felt so protected and secure wrapped in her arms that I didn't want any of this to end. Sadly, Roma broke the kiss and pressed her forehead on mine. We both smiled warmly at each other and Roma quickly gave my lips a peck again before getting up.

"We should probably find Reese and head home." She said while already searching the park for Reese. I nodded in agreement and stood next to her.

"There's no need to look for me when I'm already standing right next to you."

I looked over my left shoulder to find Reese standing there with a huge smile on his face.

"To be honest when I saw you two kiss I like majorly fangirled." Reese said to Roma and me. We both blushed a dark shade of red of the fact that Reese saw the kiss. He walked in between us and put both of his arms over our shoulders. Me at the right, Reese in the middle and Roma on the left. They both made a horrendously horrible day into a perfectly amazing day. I'm glad I have these two incredible people as friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the crappy ending of this chapter, but I've been literally working on this for two freaking days straight so I was getting really irritated with it. Hopefully this chapter will keep you guys occupied for a little while because I have so much school work to catch up on. Plus Homecoming is next week and the pressure and stress from that is already making me go nuts. By the way I didn't re-read this chapter (like usually) so there probably are mistakes.

I hope you guys enjoyed this part of Rogue and Roma together. I'm still not sure what I'm going to write next, but I'm hoping it's going to be as good.

Anyways, please like, comment or even fan? You guys are all so awesome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 7K 60
**This is an MMF love story** Sex and relationships don't interest Gemma--until she gives Tre a chance. One date with him makes her rethinking everyt...
788K 32.6K 36
What happens when Morgan Valentine asks her best friend to be her fake girlfriend in hopes to make her long time girl next door crush jealous? Sounds...
420K 11.2K 60
Lexi Jones; the new girl who people either hated or loved, kind of like marmite. She brought along a difficult history, part of the reason why her nu...
140K 2.7K 46
You have a boyfriend, but is your eye on someone else? And is it possibly his older sister? Rosemarie (Rose), has what she thinks is the perfect lif...