Book 1: The Scarlet Eyes (Nar...

By sgirlsgirl

It is well known how Naruto was born on the Nine tails attack. His parents perished and a great loss came upo... More

Prologue
Ch.1: Me Myself and I
Naomi Uchiha
Ch.2: Konoha, Meeting Naruto, and Settling in
Ch.3: The Academy
Ch.4: Genin Exam
Ch.5: Insulting Duck butt and Teams
Ch.6: Survival Exercise and the Truth
Ch.7: Journey to the Land of Waves
Ch.8: Zabuza Momochi, Sharingan, and Mini Flashback
Ch.9: Tazuna's Home and Heart-to-Heart talk
Ch.10: Training and Argument
Ch.11: Battle with Zabuza
Ch. 12: Battle Part 2& End of the Journey to the Land of Waves
Ch. 13: Training and ANBU
Ren Miyazaki
Kazuya Takishima
Ch. 14: ANBU Mission and the Sand Siblings
Ch.15: Interrogation and the Written Exams
Ch.16: Torture Force, Tsukuyomi,& the Forest of Death
Ch.17: The Preliminaries and the Chunin Festival
Ch.18: Training and Finals
Ch.19: Suna's Attack on the Leaf
Ch.20: Sasori&Deidara and Itachi&Kisame
Ch.21: 5th Hokage, Sasu's Bday, Mysterious Mission
Ch.22: Tobi and Chasing Sasuke
Ch.24: The Akatsuki
Ch.25: Final
SEQUEL!!!!!!~~

Ch.23: Heartbreak and the Truth

28.5K 982 1.3K
By sgirlsgirl

Chapter 23: Heartbreak and the Truth

Third POV

Kakashi ninja jumped through the dense forest with Pakkun padding by his side. The thunderstorm had gotten worse portraying the mood of Konoha clearly. Kakashi came to the Valley of the End, and noticed Naruto lying on the ground.

“Am I too late?” he muttered.

“Naruto!” Pakkun exclaimed as he padded over towards the young boy. He sniffed the headband that was on the ground, “It’s Sasuke’s.” he informed Kakashi.

Kakashi crouched down besides Naruto and solemnly stared at his face. How could I let a student of mine escape… it’s all my fault. He heard a groan, and snapped his head towards another figure.

“Naomi,” he gasped and quickly stood up. Flashing down besides her he shook her body. “Naomi! Can you hear me?”

But she didn’t reply. Her eyes were open, she was breathing, but all she did was stare at the lightning illuminated sky. The piercing noise of the wind swept through her ears, encasing her body in what felt like claustrophobia. She knew Kakashi was there, but she couldn’t reply; it was as if her mind was refusing to initiate a talk at all.

Kakashi stared at his other student. For him, she looked dead. Pale, emotionless, and all of the light in her eyes was gone. But at that moment, he knew he had to get her and Naruto to the hospital. Grabbing onto her arm, Kakashi hauled Naomi up bridle style and quickly made a shadow clone to grab Naruto.

“Let’s go Pakkun. We must hurry.” Kakashi quietly commanded his ninken. After they left, they didn’t notice a figure with a plant like encasing watching them from afar.

Time Skip to next day

The birds tweeted outside under the morning sun, flowers now closing up their petals, getting ready for the fall. The beautiful tri colored leaves falling from trees onto the ground, preparing for the cold season to come.

Naruto sat on his hospital bed with a white bandage around his forehead. His once gem like eyes, now dull, gazed at Sasuke’s scratched headband. His stare then went to Naomi’s figure on the bed next to his. She was still sleeping deeply with an oxygen mask covering her face.

“Mi-chan…” he sadly muttered. He slowly got up from his bed and laid Sasuke’s headband next to Naomi’s hands. The door slid open, catching the attention of Naruto.

“So you’re finally awake I see…”

“Shikamaru!” Naruto slightly grinned. “You’re okay!”

“Yeah…” Shikamaru rubbed the back of his neck. The atmosphere got quiet before he asked again. “So Sasuke’s…”

“Mhm.” Naruto nodded “He’s gone.” He muttered as he clenched his fists. The door once again slid open, and stepped in Tsunade and Sakura.

“Doing okay, Naruto? I’m surprised you’re awake at all.” Tsunade smiled as she crossed her hands across her chest. “Now all we have to do is wait for Naomi to wake up. Know that brat well, I know that she’ll take her sweet time…” A tick mark formed on Tsunade’s head.

“How do you know her granny?” Naruto asked, the same thought crossing Shikamaru’s and Sakura’s thoughts.

“Hm? Oh, well she’s my grand goddaughter… if that makes sense.” Tsunade shrugged. “She’s such a troublesome brat, but that’s what makes her special. She really is a wonderful person…” Tsunade fondly stared at Naomi, as her features softened.

A groan escaped from Naomi as her eyes slowly blinked open. The hazy colors all came together and she first saw her baa-chan staring at her with a smile.

“Baa-chan?” she muttered.

“Good to have you back, MiMi. I’ll leave you with your friends, and no training for a week, until you’re properly recovered. Is that understood?” she explained as she walked out the door.

Naomi merely nodded as she slowly sat up in her bed. Even that took effort as there were stitches lining her stomach.

“Mi-chan!” Naruto grinned, a little light returning to his eyes. Naomi blankly stared at him, until a small twitch came to her lips. She couldn’t help it, Naruto had that personality that cheered her up constantly. She also nodded slightly towards Shikamaru and Sakura, acknowledging their presence.

“Naruto...” she whispered “How are you feeling?”

“Hehehe,” he fakely grinned “Fit as a fiddle!” Naomi frowned and her eyes narrowed.

“Cut the bullshit, Naruto… don’t hide it.” She muttered and turned away to stare at the wall. Naruto’s smile immediately dropped and he frowned.

“Gomen ne, I couldn’t stop him. It’s my fault. I’m sorry too, Sakura.” He softly spoke.

“It’s okay, Naruto! You tried your very best!” Sakura grinned widely, hiding her true emotions behind a mask. But everyone could see past it. “At least you did something right, unlike others.” She titled her head and gave a quick glance towards Naomi, but quickly averted her eyes. This didn’t go unnoticed by Shikamaru or Naomi herself.

Shikamaru’s eyes narrowed towards Sakura. Even he knew that Naomi had gone after Sasuke, after completing her mission, as Tsunade had told him earlier. What’s up with her? He thought as he looked at the pink haired girl.

“So Naomi, what did you do? Where were you when all of this was happening?” Sakura sweetly, yet in a fake way, asked her. Anger was spreading inside Naomi like a wild tornado. She was so close to snapping.

“I was on a mission.” She gritted her teeth. “Then I went on the retrieval mission, also.”

“Hmph, well that was pointless too wasn’t it… your presence didn’t help at all.” Sakura muttered.

“Get out.” Naomi spat.

“What?” Sakura suddenly asked with a snap of her head.

“You heard me, get up, and get your skimpy little ass out of our room. I don’t want you in front of me right now.” Naomi darkly spoke.

“Ha! What will you do, you’re injured. Besides what I’m saying is the truth! You were completely useless, Naomi! You didn’t do anything! Why didn’t you bring Sasuke back?! Girlfriend? Psh, yeah right!”

Snap! Shikamaru winced; he could clearly the see the imaginary twig in Naomi’s mind snap senseless. He knew that Sakura was definitely going to get it. On the other hand, Naruto was quickly watching the scene back and forth.

“Should you really be talking Sakura? Huh? You’re calling me useless, but what did you do? HUH, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?! YOU TALKED WITH HIM? THAT’S IT? Why didn’t you go on the mission also!!??” Naomi screamed. The whole room was literally shaking from her radiating anger. “Oh yea! I know why, because you’re the weakling in our group! You are! Not me! Don’t you fucking dare put the blame on me!”

Naomi couldn’t help it anymore; she ripped out the IV drip and got out of her bed. She walked towards the window and purposely shoved her shoulders hard to Sakura, making the pink head fall down, trembling.

Naomi yanked open the window and ninja jumped away from the scene. A tense silence blinded the room as she left. Shikamaru sighed in frustration, rubbing his head.

“What a drag… you shouldn’t have said that Sakura.” He gravely spoke and left the room. Sakura trembled on the ground, holding in her tears. She had never seen Naomi so angry before.

“N-Naruto?” she whispered. The blonde merely shook his head and turned to look at the wall, clenching his fists.

Sakura scrambled to her feet and ran away from the room, sniffling a little bit. Naruto sighed in aggravation. His team was literally falling apart. First Sasuke left, both him and Naomi are in the hospital, Sakura blames Naomi, and Naomi bloody hates Sakura so much that she would have to invent a new word to describe her hate.

***

Naomi’s POV

That stupid bitch! Telling me that I’m useless yet she didn’t do anything else either! I ranted mentally. I continued walking in the village, ignoring most people and minding my own business.

When I looked up, I noticed that my feet had led me in front of Sasuke’s home. Hesitating, I barged in through the door and noticed how everything was exactly the same. My hands gently grazed the sofa as I moved around in the living room.

Then I went upstairs to his bedroom. Opening it up, I saw that everything was clean. I quietly sat on his bed just pondering in my thoughts until my eyes landed on a small picture frame.

I picked it up and saw that it was a picture of Sasuke and me during the festival. I was grinning widely with a twinkle in my eye, while Sasuke still had his normal face, yet there was a small miniscule smile adorning his lips. The lanterns lights hung above our heads giving a calming glow to our faces. We looked happy.

I quickly wiped a lone tear that was falling down. Chuckling, I shook my head. Why am I crying? For that jerk, no less. No, I’m not going to break down like some defenseless girl. I’ll show him that I’m not weak.

Putting the frame back, I exited his home. I wanted to get away from there as soon as possible. It was ruining my mood even more than before. When I got to my own apartment, I saw a couple of balloons streaming on the ceiling and a small banner that said ‘Happy Birthday.’

“Huh?” I checked the calendar that was hanging on the wall and gasped. How could I forget my own birthday!

“I see you finally came home, Naomi.” A deep voice happily said. I turned to see Jii-san leaning against the wall with a grin on his face.

My face lit up with happiness. “Jii-san!!” I yelled and jumped into his embrace. He chuckled and twirled me around in the air. I giggled as the wind rushed in my face.

“Happy Birthday, my sweet Naomi.” He said and kissed my forehead with affection.

“Arigatou! Now, where’s my cake??” I demanded with a grin. He rolled his eyes with amusement.

“Of course, hug me happily then demand a cake out of me, huh? Still the same as ever…” he laughed “It’s in the kitchen.”

“Yes!” I exclaimed and ran to the kitchen. At least my day’s getting better with cake! I opened up the huge white box to see a simple, yet decadent marble cake decorated with glistening fruits on the top.

“Mhmm, my favorite!” I licked my lips and immediately cut me a slice to eat.

“And I thought that you would have wanted your present first…” Jii-san chuckled as he noticed me scarfing the cake down as if no tomorrow.

I childishly grinned and continued to eat my cake. Jii-san came over and gently scooped my hair onto one side, clipping it up. I gasped as I noticed the beautiful clip in my hair. It was small crystal ice clip that had small sapphire colored diamonds encrusted within it.

“W-where did you get this? It’s amazing!” I complimented.

Jii-san tugged his collar smugly. “I may or may not have asked a crystal ice shinobi to make it. After all, your jii-san is quite famous.” He winked the last part.

I deadpanned at him and then rolled my eyes. “That last part was totally unnecessary and narcissistic. Nice job… but thank you. I love it.”

“And I have something else…” he took out two envelopes and swung them in the air. My eyes widened as I dropped my spoon the plate.

“I-is that…”

“Uh huh. I’ll leave it to you to read it. Of course I can’t open it since only a Sharingan user can… So I have no idea what it says in there.” Jii-san shrugged. He laid the letters on the table. “I’ll see you later Naomi, and once again happy birthday.” He kissed my cheek and transported away.

I stared at those letters that stayed motionless on the table: the letters that come every birthday, the letters from my mother. I pushed away my cake and took the letters to my bedroom.

I sat down quickly and opened up the first letter. The writing was definitely different… this was not my mother’s handwriting. Immediately, I began reading.

To my beautiful daughter,

Happy Birthday! You have finally grown one more year, huh? And I know, you must have gone after your Mother, am I right? Those same eyes, the same face, those wonderful lips…

Tell me, Naomi does your grandfather still write those books? He’s got one perverted side doesn’t he? I’m not surprised; your mother also had this aura that would make me blush every time. She had a knack for teasing me. I think she got it from your grandfather. Like they say, like father like daughter.

This is my first letter to you Naomi, and it also may be my last. So for that, I want to reveal everything that has been kept secret to you. I think you’re old enough to learn the underlying secrets that have caused the Uchiha’s downfall, as you are one yourself.

I want to start off by telling you how I met your mother. I remember when I was probably in my early teens that I was walking around the training grounds. That was when I heard a small laugh that brought attention to me. I had followed the noise and that was when I saw your mother.

She was standing on the edge of the grass by the lake. The sun was shining down on her hair, and her skin radiated a natural glow. Her twinkling giggles filled the quiet air as she was playing with a small puppy. As cheesy as it may have sounded, I thought she was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid my eyes on. Not to be smug, but your old man was quite popular with the ladies.

I remember just standing by the trees watching her. That was when her gaze landed on me. We stared at each other for a long time, or at least that’s how it felt, when she finally gave me a breathtaking smile. From that point, I knew that I wanted to know her.

I often came back to the same lake just to see her. It wasn’t finally a couple of months after that I finally knew her well. We became great friends, or even best friends. It felt like I had known Sora forever. Naomi, your mother was one of the most kindest people that anyone had known. She always graced others with her smile and never judged others. I guess that was what made me fall for her. I always had the need to protect her, for she seemed fragile and delicate.

However she proved me wrong big time. Sora was an exceptional shinobi, landing as an ANBU Black Ops Assassination member. I always wondered how a gentle one like your mother could assassinate rogues so heartlessly. But I remember when she told me that becoming a ninja was her dream, and she knew what risks had to be taken to become one. She wasn’t afraid of killing, but she only killed when it was necessary.

I remember when I told your mother that she looked sexy when she killed. She had blushed bright red and smacked me upside the head. I had confessed to her when it was her birthday, and she told me that she liked me was well. Those were truly happy times, Naomi, I had wished that it would last forever. However, not all wishes come true.

The Uchiha Clan was a power hungry clan. Their hatred towards Konoha had begun when they were forced to be segregated from the rest of the village. The ill will towards the village’s established systems was beginning to rise once again. The clan was planning a coup d’état. It was obvious that this would have caused another massive Shinobi World War. The clan expected me to be part of their plans; however I sided with the village. I knew the consequences that would have arisen.

Itachi Uchiha was asked to become the spy within the clan to relay messages back to the elders. Itachi… was my best friend. Even though I was older than him by a couple of years, I became his mentor in a way when he joined ANBU. He was actually in my team with your mother. Us three became quite the trio during missions. As my best friend, he got along with your mother really well. We were all good friends.

I couldn’t let him bear such a burden on his shoulders. I couldn’t see him suffer so much. I asked the Third Hokage himself if I could spy on the village. As me being Kagami Uchiha’s descendent, he immediately agreed. The plan was for to use Kotoamatsukami on the head of the clan, Fugaku Uchiha, ironically Itachi’s father.

Danzo didn’t think that it would work. So I confronted him. He didn’t think that simply controlling Fugaku Uchiha would work, so he tried to take my eye. As an Uchiha, my Sharingan was powerful, and it was sought after by many, including Danzo. But… one of my eyes was taken since Danzo had done the unmistaken Izanagi.

This leads all back to where I’m writing to you now. At this moment, as I’m writing this letter, I’m in the forest using the strength I have to say this final good bye. I know that I won’t last long, Naomi. I’m planning on giving my remaining eye to Itachi after I finish writing this.

But before I do say good bye, I want to tell you something. I’m so sorry that I will not get to see you grow up as I want to. Please don’t blame this on anyone. A lot of life is simply luck, and mine is running out. I know I won’t see you when you’re born, I won’t see you when you take your first steps, or say your first word, celebrate your first birthday, send you off to the academy, teach you jutsus like many parents do.

I wish I had the words to make you feel better and take all of your pain away. I wish so many things were different. I wish we didn’t live in a power hungry time. I want to sit around on the kitchen table as a family, drink tea, eat dangos, kiss you, hug you, and play with you. I know I cannot provide anything for you Naomi. I remember choosing your name when your mother and I were talking about having kids. I always wanted a daughter. I had chosen Naomi before your mother even got pregnant. She’s only a month in right now, and no one knows. Remember, nothing is more important than family. Nothing is.

Never give up, Naomi. For giving up is for bakas. You are not a baka, at least I hope not. ;) And finally… thank you for giving me the opportunity of becoming a father, even if you’re not born. I often dreamt about your wedding day and imagined filling up with tears as I walked you down the aisle before giving you away. I won’t be able to do that, Naomi. Sorry sweetheart, but I will be looking at you from above on that day, proud and happy you have found a special someone to love and care for you.

Always be strong, Naomi. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Having you as my daughter in the future would be the greatest honor in my life. I will be watching you from above, honey. Know that you will never be alone. Grow up beautiful, be happy, and make me proud.

I love you very much, Naomi.

Forever and always,

Otou-san

Shisui Uchiha

Third POV

The letter dropped from her hands immediately as sobs escaped her body. Naomi’s body lost form and her knees practically failed, as she leaned against the wall. She sat silently, hunched over and with a sense of loss so powerful that her muscles wouldn't respond to commands. Her gaze was into the far distance, unseeing but fixed on some imaginary future of a life without her father.

A tightening of her throat and a short intake of breath forecast the explosion of emotion which to date, she had managed to keep buried deep inside. All of the emotions that she was keeping away were now coming out infinitely. Her brain was going haywire; for the first time she didn’t know what to do.

A flood of warm tears gushed down her ashen cheeks. She could hold the emotions no longer and she fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as her grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

“O-Otou-san,” Naomi cried “why Otou-san, why!? Why….” Her body trembled as uncharacteristic noises escaped her throat. During this grief, she noticed that there were bloodstains on her father’s letter. She saw the blood drag marks, and deciphered that her father was in immense pain when writing this.

A/N: Now before you guys go all crazy with ‘Shisui died this…’ ‘Shisui died that….’ ‘Your storyline is wrong…’ LET ME MAKE THE PLOT A BIT CLEAR, Lol. :) In my story, I would like to have Shisui die a bit earlier, before Sasuke was born in fact. I would also like to make Itachi a bit older. NOT TOO MUCH. I usually don’t like changing up the main plot like and like to work around it, but these two things are the only things I want to change. That’s it. Nothing else. :) I hope you keep reading, it gets better!

 Anyway… back to the story.

Naomi saw one last letter waiting to be opened. Hesitantly, she opened it.

Happy 13th Birthday, my darling Naomi.

You have finally become a teenager! You’re making me feel old; I mean 13 years have passed! I wish I could have been there for your celebration, and give you a kiss on your cheeks. Unfortunately, I cannot… But know that I will always be with you in your heart.

Now, Naomi, I’m assuming you have read your father’s letter? Yes I have to admit, he was quite the ladies man. I remember when I first saw him, he reminded me of a stalker… Of course I didn’t say that out loud. I was rather a bit shy to him in the beginning, until we got to know each other better.

Anyways, your father already told you the story of how we met. But Naomi, now it’s my turn to tell you of the events that happened in Konoha to cause such turmoil. As you know, the clan was planning a coup d’état. I knew that your father would confront Danzo. He came to me saying goodbye not knowing whether he would return or not. I remember him giving me such a gentle yet heartwarming kiss, putting all of his feelings into it. I loved your father very much, Naomi. With my heart, and I always will, even as I’m dying right now.

The burden of the clan was placed on Itachi’s shoulders. Itachi truly had a gentle and kind soul, Naomi. He was a pacifist from the beginning, not wanting any war to arise. His heart was always with the village, and your father and I supported him in every way. He was like a younger brother to me and such a loyal friend to your father… maybe that’s why we made him your godfather. Actually, we were going to tell him… but the time never came. Your father had passed away, and I was kept secret from everyone else. It was dangerous to tell anyone that I was pregnant with you.

I knew that Itachi was told to massacre the Uchiha clan. This massacre is supposed to happen years later… I might not even be alive at that time. Danzo and the Elders of Konoha had given him the orders a couple of days ago… but when Itachi might have to fulfill that mission is unknown to me. It could be weeks, months, or years to plan everything out.

A/n: remember that this letter was written in the past, so the massacre hasn’t happened yet, and Sora didn’t know when it was going to. The massacre was in the ‘future.’

When I heard the news that your father ‘committed suicide,’ I immediately went to confront Danzo. I’ll give you a piece of advice, Naomi. DO NOT TRUST HIM. Do not trust Danzo under any circumstances.

Danzo knew why I had come. He refused to confess that he in fact did fight Shisui. I was angry. Really furious. How dare he. I hated him, with my entire being. I never had hated someone that much before. Similar to how he fought your father, he tried to kill me because I knew the truth.

He didn’t succeed, but an ally of his… I do not know who it is, he always wore a mask. It was a beige colored mask with a single eyehole. If you see anyone like this, Naomi, get away from him. He was the one who poisoned me. The poison that was injected in my system didn’t kill me immediately. It was a slow one that dragged on the pain.

I was afraid of your life. I didn’t want anything happening to you, so I went to Tsunade oba-chan. I didn’t tell her anything about what happened except that she needed to slow down the poison’s progress, so I could save you.

You were innocent, Naomi. You don’t deserve any of this happening towards you. Even though you were new in my womb, I loved you with my whole heart.

I have left you with some containers in your inheritance, Naomi. I knew that I wouldn’t survive long, so I had to write this down. I have left some containers with you. One container contains my eyes. Yes, once I give birth to you and see your beautiful face, I will have baa-chan remove my eyes. I want you to take them, for they are now yours. Also, you’re not only getting my eyes, but you’re getting your grandmother’s. Suki, my mother, had left me her eyes for me to use when she passed away…

But I’m also dying early and won’t need it. I’m giving you two pairs of Sharingan eyes, Naomi. I trust you and I know you will use them wisely. Don’t let them appear in the wrong hands. Also, if you meet Itachi in the future, he might or might not believe that you’re our daughter… so give him the picture that I have put with the envelope. This picture was of us three after our ANBU mission. Your father was telling me an incredible cheesy flirting line, while I was giggling, and well Itachi was just shaking his head in embarrassment for knowing your father.

Photograph I don’t own the pic, but this image was perfect. ^^ You can see Sora and Shisui, while Itachi is on the side with an amused face.

I love you my beautiful MiMi. I’m so sorry that your father and I won’t be able to be with you and become a normal family. I had planned out so many things for my future, who would have known that it would have been useless.

Your father and I will always be watching you. When you’re laughing, crying, when you’re hurt, heartbroken, smiling… at all moments we will be with you every step of the way. Make your okaa-san proud, ne? Also, don’t forget to find a handsome young fellow okay? If your heart is broken, you show him who’s boss, ne?

Aishiteru, Naomi. Forever and Always,

Okaa-san

Sora Uchiha

Third POV

Naomi looked at the photograph that her mother had left her. Finally… for the first time, she had finally seen how her mother and father looked like. For Naomi, her mother was beautiful. She had long black hair that cascaded down and dark eyes. With her flawless skin and all of her curves, it was no surprise that her father fell for her hard.

She could also see why her father was a ladies’ man. He was attractive, definitely a handsome shinobi. That innocent grin on his face from the lame joke caused him to have a playful personality. And then… her eyes landed upon Itachi Uchiha. No doubt that he was handsome. She could see the resemblance between him and Sasuke. But this picture was 13 years old… who knows how he looks like now. Probably even more good looking.

Naomi held the photograph to her chest as weak cries escaped her lips. She missed them… she missed them a lot. Although she never met them, these letters were enough for her to feel loneliness in her heart.

The image of things shared with a loved one which was not to come, was too powerful and gut’s wrenching, to be kept in check; the tearing at her soul was too compelling and energetic to be contained. The vision she had began to swim in front of her as tears welled from deep inside and coursed down her cheeks.

All the pent-up hysteria and dread of loss was let loose in a paroxysm of choking and sobbing, so powerful in its intensity that it shook her body till she could barely breathe.

Even though it felt like she could just lose herself to insanity at any moment, her grief was replaced with underlying rage. Her eyes hardened as she realized that what the masked man she had met before was telling the truth. Her parents didn’t die from a mission and mere child birth… they were technically murdered. Like every other Uchiha that lived before.

Her upper lips curled to keep herself from shouting in frustration. Her mind was whirling with thoughts that only made her assume the worst. The feeling of betrayal was slowly growing into her skin, filling Naomi’s blood, making her eyes go pitch dark.

She swiftly grabbed the letters and wiped her tears. She slammed the front door open to see Ren and Kazuya standing there with their hands in mid air about to knock.

“Oh, hey Naomi---”

She shoved them aside and began to run towards the Hokage’s building. The anger was bottling up and she felt like if anyone came near her, she would rip them to shreds.

“H-hey! Where are you going?!” she heard Ren’s cry, but chose to ignore him.

Making her way up the long stairs, she crashed the Hokage’s offices door open. Her eyes narrowed to see Tsunade on the couch across from the two Elders: Homura Mitokado and Koharu Utatane.

“You...” she spat at the two.

“What is the meaning of this!” Homura exclaimed.

“You have no manners of knocking?” Koharu added on with her words.

Naomi slammed the door shut creating a loud bang making everything go silent. She stamped towards the elders and smacked her hand with the letters on the table kneeling very close to their faces. The three flinched at the loud noise and the sudden rashness of Naomi.

“Did you know…” she asked darkly.

“What are you talking about?” Homura asked.

“Did you or did you not order Itachi Uchiha, to annihilate the Uchiha Clan?” she hissed.

The two elder’s eyes widened suddenly before narrowing. “How did you know? That was a top secret S-class mission that only the Konoha council knows.”

“I don’t have to explain anything to you useless members. Why? I’m asking you why did you order it?!” she demanded.

“Because!” Kimura stood up “The Uchiha were planning a coup d’état to take over the village! We had to anything in our power to stop them!”

“SO YOU FUCKING KILL THEM ALL?!?!” Naomi screamed now, in pure spitfire rage. “IS THAT HOW YOU HANDLE A PROBLEM? BY KILLING?! IS THAT WHAT THE FIRST HOKAGE TAUGHT YOU??”

“Do not raise your voice at us! How dare you come in here! Who are you anyways!” Homura demanded.

“I can speak however the way I want! You don’t deserve any respect from me, and you,” Naomi turned her head towards Tsunade, who was watching with her mouth agape at the whole scene.

“How could you?” she whispered “How could you lie to my face? You betrayed me. You told me that my mother died from child labor, not from poison! You’ve been lying to me all my life!” Naomi yelled, her voice getting louder and louder.

“Naomi… you have to understand,”

“No!” she cut Tsunade off “I didn’t need to understand! I ONLY WANTED THE TRUTH! You couldn’t even give me small bit of knowledge or anything! Did you know about the Uchiha massacre?”

Tsunade narrowed her eyes. “I will not have you speak to me like that, Nao---”

“Did you? Or did you not?” Naomi hissed with anger blazing behind her eyes.

“Not until after I became Hokage.”

Naomi stood up suddenly. Fury swirled like a red tide within her, rising to choke her. Her breath became harsh and shallow, her hands automatically curling into fists at her sides, itching to swing out and destroy the whole Hokage building.

She took out a kunai. The other three got in a defensive position, thinking that was going to attack. Naomi walked to the door; her anger still pent up, and flicked the kunai right to the wall, making a dent that was more than 5 inches deep.

Tsunade and the two elders watched the 13 year old girl walk out. They looked to see where the kunai was. Tsunade’s eyes widened as she noticed that the kunai was embedded within Konoha’s leaf symbol.

Naomi flashed home and stood inside her bedroom. She screamed in frustration before she began to throw furniture all around the room. She leaned against the wall as furious sobs escaped her lips.

No. She couldn’t take it anymore. Nothing would be the same.

Third POV

Ren and Kazuya came back to Naomi’s house once again after she had left suddenly before. “Do you think she’s normal now? She was acting like a demon before…”Ren muttered.

Kazuya glared at his best friend. “There must have been a reason, Ren. Don’t assume anything. Let’s see what’s wrong with her.”

They both entered the house. It was dark; the curtains were closed and the lights were completely off. The boys took out a kunai to be on the safe side. It was eerily quiet.

“Something wrong. It’s never this quiet before. And it’s cold in here too.” Kazuya muttered. “Keep your guard up.”

Ren nodded and they both headed off towards the bedroom. They gasped in shock as they noticed the state in which the room was. The bed sheets were ripped into pieces, the lamp and desk chairs were broken and smashed, the bed was overturned… it was as if some tornado blew up in there.

“What the fuck…” Ren cussed as he took in everything.

“Ren… look.” Kazuya tapped him. They both looked at the wall to see a kunai sticking out of it. The blade was stuck in Konoha’s symbol. And beside it, were the words ‘I’m done’ in dark red blood. Ren tried to pull the kunai out.

“It’s stuck! It won’t even budge!” he exclaimed as he pulled as hard as he could. Kazuya’s eyes calculated everything.

“Something’s very wrong. Those words are written in blood. We have to inform Lady Hokage.”

“Look! Everything’s gone from her closet!” Ren shouted from inside the closet room. Kazuya went inside to see nothing but plain hangers and empty shelves.

“Shit!” Kazuya cursed for the first time in a long time. “Let’s go! Hurry!”

***

“LADY HOKAGE!” Ren screamed as he burst in through the door, Kazuya following him right behind.

They noticed that the only people in there were Tsunade, Shizune, and Kakashi. “What is it Ren? Why are you screaming? I’ve had enough people come banging in my door today!”

“N-Naomi…” That one word caught the attention of all three.

“What’s wrong with Naomi?” Tsunade suddenly stood up with narrowed eyes.

“That’s the thing… we don’t know. Her whole apartment is trashed and broken. Her closet is empty and all of her stuff is gone. And when we went inside her room, a kunai was stuck to the Leaf symbol. Beside it were words written ‘I’m done’ in her own blood.”

Tsunade’s and Kakashi’s eyes widened as they heard everything. “What the…”

The Slug Queen bit her thumb in frustration. “Oh no…”

“What is it, milady?” Shizune asked.

“Kakashi. I’m giving you a mission. Go retrieve Naomi immediately. She must have fled the village from what happened earlier today… this is bad. This is REALLY bad.” Tsunade exclaimed as she paced the room.

“Yes, Lady Hokage.” Kakashi flashed out of the room.

Time Skip

Location: Forests in the Land of Fire

Naomi ninja jumped through the trees with a giant scroll hanging on her back. The skies were getting dark, the sun beginning to set.

She wiped the last of her tears with the back of her hands and took a giant leap forward.

Naomi quickly halted in her steps as she felt a chakra chasing her from behind. “You can come out now… Kakashi –sensei.”

His figure came out from behind the trees along with one of his tracking ninkens. “Where do you think you’re going Naomi?”

“I’m getting away from the Leaf Village, that’s what. That village is nothing but a village full of lies. I refuse to live there.”

“What exactly happened, Naomi?! What the hell is going on making you leave so suddenly!?” Kakashi exclaimed. I can’t let another one of my students go…

“Everything that I’ve been thinking about my entire life, IS COMPLTELY A LIE! I was told that my parents died from a mission and child birth, NOT MURDER! And the people that I trusted the most have betrayed me! Is that how a village is supposed to be? Huh?” Naomi screamed.

“There has to be a reason for everything, Naomi!”

“Did you know that my father was Shisui Uchiha?!” she suddenly asked.

Kakashi’s eyes widened with shock. “W-what?? When did Shisui have a child!?” he asked.

“Exactly. It’s a secret. You already know that I’m an Uchiha, so there was no point of hiding it from you. He was murdered, my mother was murdered, my clan was murdered… everyone around me is dying! And I will get revenge on the person who killed them… They died so tragically…” she whispered as tears prickled her eyes. Kakashi watched her with a sympathetic expression.

“Now…” she sniffled “I know exactly how Sasuke feels… I thought he was crazy for getting revenge. I myself thought it wasn’t the answer… not until now. No one knows what it’s like to lose everything you have, your life being a lie, and hiding your true identity… I want to avenge my parents. They didn’t deserve this! Because of trying to protect this stupid village, they had to sacrifice themselves!”

“Naomi… I’m going to tell you the same exact words I told Sasuke. Let it go. You have got to forget about revenge. For those who follow the path of revenge, it never ends well. You’ll only tear yourself apart, and even if you succeed and get you revenge, what will you have then? Nothing, emptiness.”

“Shut up!” Naomi spat “What makes you think that you know anything about it! It’s easy for you to talk, you have no idea!”

“Easy…” Kakashi eased. Huh, those were the same exact words Sasuke told me. Interesting. “I’ve lived longer than you have; I’ve had my fair share of losing people close to me also.”

“At least we have comrades right?” Kakashi mentioned.

“Those comrades will not bring my parents back.” Naomi retorted.

“And your revenge will?” Kakashi questioned.

“No… but it will bring peace to me.” she softly spoke. Kakashi’s eyes widened as he heard her say that. “Even if I die while getting revenge, I’ll know that I tried very hard to keep my parents proud… and just maybe, I’ll see them up above.”

“You will abandon your friends for this petty revenge, Naomi? Do you remember when I told you during the first Team 7 meeting? ‘Those who break the rules are scum, that's true, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.’”

Naomi finally turned around to face Kakashi, a small smirk adorning her lips.

“I guess that makes me worse than scum.” She replied, taking a kunai and slashing it through her Leaf headband, effectively making a line.

She wiggled her fingers a bit for a goodbye, before bringing them together in jutsu formation, making her transport from the scene in a ring of fire.

End of Chapter 23!! So what do you think huh?? Comment and heart! She officially went rogue! Dun dun dunnnnnnn! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 552 23
Hi this is my third story I have written, this being my second Naruto Fanfiction. This is based off of my first Naruto Fanfiction, Curse of Immoralit...
3.6K 88 19
As an Uchiha your whole existence has practically been a curse, you're parents died shortly after you're birth, leaving you in the hands of the Third...
227K 7.2K 16
Naruto grew up hated by his village when all his parents wanted was for him to be seen as a hero for having the Nine-Tailed Chakra Beast sealed insid...
550K 15.9K 23
What if Naruto's parents never die but instead the lord third did in they're place?? What if they neglect Naruto for his two younger siblings that ha...