Silver Lining (Completed)

By JoeArshi

General Fiction They were poles apart. He is a football player who have anger management issues while she is... More

Author Note *New*
Prologue
Songs & First Scene - Prologue
Chapter 01
Character Sketch
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61A
Chapter 61B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Last Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Thank You Note
Favourite

Chapter 20

5.6K 262 265
By JoeArshi

Elisa called her husband and took Khushi to the hospital. The doctor checked her and came near to her parents.

"Is she okay doctor?" Gavriel asked the doctor while her mother stood beside him with teary eyes.

"Yeah, she is fine. She is having chickenpox. Does anyone in your house already had it in the past?" The doctor asked them.

"Both of us had chicken pox in the past."

"Ok... I will prescribe the medicines. I hope both of you know what to do about these."

"Yes, we know." They took her home and isolated her in the room. They didn't give her the phone as she is highly contagious now.

Khushi asked her mother to call Payal and asked her to inform this to her other friends not to call her for two weeks.
Elisa called Payal and informed this. Payal understood what Khushi wants to convey. She called Arnav and told this to him which made him go crazy.

Everyday Arnav called Payal to know about her. She used to call Elisa to know about Khushi. Sometimes he felt the urge to go and visit her, somehow he controlled it and made himself busy in other stuffs.

It's been more than a week since he heard or seen her.

The blisters on her skin got almost healed. Khushi is lying on a bed of neem leaves with a cotton sleeveless dress. She heard a knock on the window and saw Arnav standing there. Khushi gets up and moved towards the window with the help of a walker. She opened the window slightly.

"What are you doing here??? Arnav you should go from here. You have a match to focus. I don't want you get affected."

"I got affected when I was a child, so let me in baby." Arnav said staring at her blur image on the window pane

"No Arnav, I can't let you in. I look horrible with these blisters and scars." She tried to discourage him.

"Damn it Khushi, open it or I'm knocking your door. I won't go away like last time and you know me well that I do what I say."

"Arnav please...my ammi will come here soon."

"Khushi I will count till 10, if you don't open the window I will do what I said to you." Khushi opened the window when the counting get closer to 10. She turned her face away from him as he looked at her.

Arnav stood in front of her as tears rolled down from her eyes.
"Shhh...baby don't cry." He extended his hand to wipe away her tears.

"Don't touch me Arnav... I stinks with all these neem paste and oil." Arnav didn't paid attention to it and wiped away her tears. He pulled the chair and asked her to sit on it. He sat on another chair opposite to her.

"Your blisters are healing well. Does it itch to much now?" He asked her.

"No, not like earlier one." She said not looking at him.

"Baby look at me. Your looks doesn't matter to me." Khushi looked at him and smiled

"I missed you a lot Arnav. I'm sorry that I have ruined your plans."

"You don't have to be sorry for that, I just want you to get well soon. How are you feeling now?"

"Better...less itchiness and good sleep."

"You couldn't sleep well because of this blisters."

"Yes, I couldn't turn and twist or else the blisters would break. It was so hard especially when I have to use the washroom." A disappointment shadowed in her voice.

"Talk to me baby." Arnav said taking hold of her hand

"I felt so helpless and useless. I wish I could have my leg back. I couldn't use the prosthetic or a shoulder crutch as it would have hurt the blisters. Ammi and Abba really had a tough time looking after me till they brought this walker. I realised how I need assistance if something happens to me like this. I feel that one day everyone will get tired off me. I..." Khushi sobbed looking down at her fingers. That's when they heard a knock on the door.

"Khushi bitiya, open the door...did you slept without having anything?" Her mother asked. They heard her mother scolding her sister who tried to come near to her room.

"Ammi, I just want to talk to di. I will stand outside the door and talk to her."

"Kasi, Khushi will be out soon. Then you can talk to her as much as you want to talk. It is for your good beta, your di strictly told me not to let you near her room." Arshi got startled hearing Elisa's voice.

'I will hide in the bathroom for now." Saying this he went to the bathroom while Khushi opened the door.

"Khushi have your food and we can sleep after that."

"Ammi, I think I can sleep alone from now. The blisters are almost got healed. I can also use the washroom without any help."

"No beta, I will sleep with you. What if you need something at night?"

"No ammi, after 2 days I will be free from this. So it's okay. Please ammi...let me sleep without you snores."

"You crazy girl...teasing your ammi, aren't you?" Elisa smiled at her daughter.

"I don't know how Abba tolerate your snores." Khushi giggled and told her.
"Ammi, I will be ok...let me sleep alone from now."

"Are you sure dear?"

"I'm sure... You go and take care of Abba and Kasi...I will sleep after finishing this." Khushi assured her mother.

"Okay, call me if you want anything." Elisa lightly patted her hand.
"May yahweh keep you safe dear, good night bitiya."

"Good night ammi..." Khushi closed the door as her mother went out.

"Arnav come out now." Khushi called him and her came out of the bathroom.

"Have your dinner Khushi and for your information, I had mine. Now have your food peacefully." He said taking the food from her hand.

Khushi started to have her food
"So, what did you done all these days?" Khushi asked him

"I went to the village, played some local matches, met some classmates... Nothing much to say."

"Any fights?"

"Hmm... Not that much bigger fights though..." He remembered all those fights he had with his opponent team members.

"Arnav, why are you getting into fights??? Try to control your anger, it won't be good for your career." She advised him.

"I was already frustrated Khushi, and I couldn't control it."

"Arnav, you have..." Her words were interrupted by an angry Arnav.

"Khushi damn it do you know how I survived all these days without having any contact with you??? I was going crazy without knowing how you were. Do you know how many times I control myself from coming here." Arnav fisted his hands so tight so that he will not touch her roughly. He tried his best to lower his voice not wanting her to land in trouble.

"You missed me so much?" She asked lightly touching his cheek. In reply Arnav nodded his head.

"Arnav I understood that you were worried for me, but I don't want to get into fights. I don't want to be your weakness Arnav, I wanted to be your strength. I can't tolerate if you fell weak just because of me."

"You are not my weakness Khushi." Khushi nodded her head and continued to have food.

"So if I'm not your weakness, what am I for you???"

"If you don't know what you are to me, let that be like that Khushi." She understood that he is not going to answer that.

"Just know that you are mine baby." Khushi smiled at him and finished her food.

"Wait let me get water to wash your hand." Saying this Arnav went to the washroom and brought the water. She is washing her hands when her mother knocked on the door.

"Bitiya, I'm here to apply the neem paste."

"It's ok ammi, I applied it already. You go and sleep." Khushi said without opening the door

XOk, then sleep Khushi. No need to get up now. Recite shema and sleep well bitiya."

"Sure ammi." They heard her the footsteps fading.

"Baby, you should sleep now." Arnav said to Khushi.

"Are you going now?"

"No, I'm not going tonight."

"Are you going to stay?"

"If I'm not going, what does that means baby?" Khushi rolled her eyes at him.

"Baby, let's apply the neem paste on your blisters."

"Arnav, no... It's..." Khushi felt shy and uncomfortable to show her blisters.

"Baby I know about your body from head to toe...from each moles to scars. So let me help you with it." Arnav lightly cared her cheeks.

"Raise your cloth and lay down baby" He instructed.

"Arnav...I don't have..." A shy Khushi tried to say that she don't have anything underneath her dress.

"Yeah, I know that you don't have anything underneath this dress. It's just me baby, don't be shy." Khushi slowly raised her dress looking at him while his gaze stayed on her face itself.

"Lie down baby, let me apply this. Saying this Arnav took the bowl full of neem paste. She held her breathe together as she found his eyes travelling to her chest.
He inspected the blisters on her breast, tummy and legs. He noticed her heaving chest and the sucked in tummy.

"Baby, calm down... I'm only going to apply this paste on your blisters." Saying this he started applying the paste on the blisters. Khushi watched him doing it with keen interest without any care about her naked form in front of him.

"Baby part your legs a little." Khushi looked at him with wide open eyes when he said that to her. Even though they have shared intimate moments with eachother, she still shy about these things.

"I want to apply this on your inner thighs."

"Arnav, it's ok..."

"Khushi open you legs..." He ordered.

"Arnav...."

"Baby, a month ago you were pulling my hair when I was in between these legs. If you don't part your legs now I will continue to talk about it shamelessly." As soon as he said this, Khushi parted her legs and closed her eyes. Arnav looked at her and smiled. He applied the paste on her inner thighs and leg.

"Now you can pull down your dress baby." Khushi got up and pull down her dress. Arnav sat next to her making sure not to touch her blisters.

"Baby, I want to say something to you before you sleep."

"What is it Arnav?"

"I will be leaving tomorrow morning to Delhi." Khushi got startled hearing about his departure. She forced a smile on her face and looked at him.

"In between all these I totally forgot about it. It's okay Arnav, you will be back after 2.5 months. I will miss you a lot." She said with a smile as a few drops of tears rolled down from the corner of her eyes.

"I know baby..." Arnav answered wiping her tears.

"You should sleep now."

"Will you lie down with me?" Khushi asked him. Arnav nodded his head and Khushi laid down on the bed.

"Don't turn to side." Arnav asked her to lie down on her back. He laid down next to her and raised on his elbow to look at her. He entwined her fingers in his fingers.

"You packed everything?" She asked after staring at him for some time.

"Yes, I have. Leave me a message when you will be free from this." He asked her.

"I will... After 3 days I can take a proper bath and get a relief from this." She paused for a moment and continued
"Can we talk everyday or it will be like earlier?"

"We have rules not to use our phones everyday. I will call you when they give us access. As the competition gets closer, it will be hard. Just leave me message if you want to talk to me." She didn't like the idea of not having him with her. Now she won't be able to talk to him like the way they used to be. She felt like crying and turned her head to the other side.

"Baby, look at me." Arnav said knowing her turmoil, but didn't turn her head.

"Khushi if you dont look at me, now I'm going from here." She turned her face towards him. He wiped her tears.

"Why are you crying like this??? I will be back soon. Where is that strong girl who answered back at me?"

"I had no idea about you for almost a week. You got to know about me from Payal at least. Now when I'm about to get fine, you are going to leave for 2 months. I'm just sad that I couldn't spend time with you. I don't know if everything remains like this between us when you will be back." Her eyes got filled with tears as she talked to him.

"You thinks that I will forget you within these months??? That I will forget everything happened between us?? That will forget everything we shared???" He asked her.

"I know you won't, but at the same time you won't be the same Arnav."

"I will be Khushi...I will be the same Arnav for you. If it is about me being a football player, there is nothing to worry. It is not a big deal in our country. You are worrying unnecessarily. I have said this earlier Khushi, don't make me repeat it. You belongs to me and I'm not letting you go away from me ever." Khushi smiled and held his hand tightly

"Baby I will make sure that you spend time with me when I will be back." He promised her.

"When will you leave for Nepal?"

"Probably after 2 month..."

"You will play well, I know that. I will pray for you Arnav."

"God doesn't even exist Khushi. It's a vague and stupid idea." Arnav said to her with a plain expression

"Arnav I know that you don't believe in God, but I do believe in it. I will pray for you, that's final." She stood firm on her belief.

"If that makes you happy, do it. I'm not going to force my belief on you."

"I'm also not going to force you in this matter. Now don't be a laadgovernor, we only have few hours to spend." Khushi said to him with a smile.

"Should I tell you what I'm planning to do when I will be back?" Khushi saw the naughtiness in his face.

"No I don't want to know anything."

"You don't want to know anything now!!! Ok...but trust me baby what I'm planning to do includes us with no barriers, lot of hickies, touches, nibbles, moans and screams." He went back to his shameless avatar which made her blush.

"You have two and a half months to sleep well. When I will be back I'm not going to let you sleep for a few days." He lightly rubbed his thumb on her lips.

"Arnav stop it. Have some shame for now."

"So you don't mind if I act shamelessly later." Khushi shook her head and rolled her eyes at him.

"Can you lie down silently for sometime?" She asked after a minute of silence.

"If you want, I will do it." Saying this Arnav laid down silently looking at her.

After a few minutes, Khushi broken the silence between them.
"Arnav I want to ask you something but don't get mad at me."

"What is it baby?"

"If I had a different type of body, will you desire me like this?" Hesitantly she asked him.

"Are you indirectly asking me if I lust after your body?" A serious tone shades his voice.

"No...no...I'm not...it's just...ok leave it. Forget that I asked you something like this." She tried to cover up the blunder she made.

"If I were lusting after your body, I would have f****d you here in this room whenever it is possible. I would have done the same at several occasions. It's true that I like your body... I like it when you submit yourself to me. I like giving you pleasure. I like kissing you, licking you and sucking you. I did all those things to your body, because you are mine.BI have the full right to take care of you...that's includes your physical and mental needs. Now you don't have anything Khushi, it's all mine. I won't even let you hurt yourself, because you don't have any right to do that." He said in a determination tone.

"Arnav, sometimes I'm scared...scared by your possessiveness." The depth of his possessiveness brought chills in her.

"You should be Khushi, because you don't have any idea about the power you have on me. Your one act can make me go crazy, but I will never hurt you Khushi. That's my promise."

"I know that you won't ever hurt me. I trust you Arnav."

"Baby, I want to tell you something." He said after sometime.

"What is it?"

"It is some precautionary measures."

"For what?"

"For your safety as I won't be here to take care of you."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Don't mingle with some of the boys from our college. Especially Roshan, Dyanvik, Neetish, Karan, Hiran from 3 year. Then Manik, Umesh, Arjun and Imran from 2nd year. From first year, Vivek, Ebin, Preetik, Yuvan and Ali. I don't want you to even glance at them." He gave her the basic information about those bad boys.

"How do you know them?"

"ASR have his own sources."

"So they are bad guys?"

"Not bad as me but there is a different. They just mean and womanizer. I dont even want their glance fell on you, not even on a single strand of your hair."

"Ok, I will not mingle with them. What about other boys?"

"They are harmless...even if they make a move I know that my girl will tackle them efficiently."

"I really wish I could kiss you now." Khushi said pouting at him.

"Save and give it when I will be back. Don't worry, I will remind you even if you forget about it." He teased her.

"Do you have any other demands?"

"Don't stay at college after 4 pm. Try to return back home soon."

"What if I need to stay back at college?" She asked him.

"If it is urgent you can, but not alone and for your information, I have reliable sources to inform me if you stay alone."

"You are going to stalk me?" Her eyes got wide thinking about the possibilities.

"If it is about your safety, i will do anything."

"Arnav, it is not right."

"Everything is right when it is about your safety. I will go crazy if anything happens to you baby. I'm not restricting you from staying back if it is urgent, just make sure that someone is with you and you have to agree this."

"You are forcing your decision on me Arnav..."

"Why can't you understand that it is for your safety damn it." Arnav got angry and turned his head to the other side. He started counting numbers from backward to cool down the boiling anger. Khushi smiled seeing him trying to control his angry.

After a few minutes...
"You do whatever you want, I will do what I have to..." Arnav said to her.

"Arnav, you have to let me fight my own battle."

"I will let you do that, but only when I will be there to prevent anyone from backstabbing you. I know that my lady is capable of fighting her own battle... Let me just support you when you need that." He tried his best to convince her

"You laadgovernor should be an author instead of a football player. I agree to this only if you let me do the same thing...to support you when you need it." She agreed to his proposal with a condition.

"You are already doing it."

"Now tell me your next demand."

"Study well...I know that my topper will do that without any fault."

"No argument in this demand...so what's next?"

"How do you know if I have more demands?"

"It's because I know my laadgovernor." Arnav smirked and continued

"If you are going out with Payal, make sure that you guys reaches home before 8. Don't start arguing with me in this matter as I'm not going to hear anything."

"But there are so many women who travel at night."

"They are not my woman...this is regarding my woman and her safety. Dont hire taxi or rickshaw at night, they are not at all safe. I will send you numbers of some trustworthy drivers who can come to pick you up." He mentally made a note to send the numbers as soon as possible.

"You are such a protective man Arnav."

"And you are such a stubborn girl Khushi.

"I want you to agree to this badly."

"I'm tired of arguing with you laadgovernor... I agrees to it and give me the numbers of drivers soon."

"Now continue Arnav."

"It is about your dressing, but I know that you won't follow that. Just be careful as the whole college is filled with hormonal boys." He warned her.

"Aren't you a hormonal boy?" Khushi teased him

"I'm always hormonal when I'm with you, but I know how to control it unlike the others." Khushi nodded her head and signalled him to continue.

"Have your food on time. Dont over stress about gaining weight. Take care of yourself well."

"I promise to do that very well Arnav."

"Now tell me what I told you to follow?"

"My laadgovernor want me not to mingle with some bad guys for my safety... If I have to stay back at college for something I should have some company with me. I have to reach home before 8 at night. I have to study well and have food on time. I should not worry about my weight gain too much and I have to take care of myself. Are these right sir?" Khushi teased him.

"If you feel that I'm your teacher, there is some other things I taught you. Tell me about that too." He countered her.

Khushi gulped saliva knowing that she trapped herself in the cage made by her.

"Why are you silent baby??? I can help you if you forget it. First we learn how to swell those petal like lips by biting it, sucking it and nibbling on it. Then we learn how feather kisses all over the body passionately."

Khushi turned her face to the other side as he stared at her intensely.

"So, you want me to tell you about the neck part???" Arnav teased her as he saw her neck. Hearing this she turned her head towards him.

"Necks and shoulder are for hickies baby. Remember the hickies you gave me??"

"Arnav please...." She pleads him to stop.

"What is it baby??? You don't want me to talk about neck and shoulder??? Then I should move towards your breast."

"Don't say a word Arnav....please."

"Ok I won't as you are already turned on. Look down Khushi, you will understand that." Khushi looked down and saw her erect pecks straining through her dress. She felt embarrassed the way her body react to his words.

"It's ok baby, it happens. I will talk care of your every needs when I will be back, don't worry." He said with a husky voice
Khushi blushed and smiled without looking at him.

"I will miss you smile and blush. Always be like your name baby." He trailed his finger on the blisters free area of her cheek.

"Come back to me soon Arnav."

"I will baby. Now you should sleep after reciting what your ammi wants you to do."

"I don't want to sleep, I just want to be with you now." She said stroking his hand.

"You need to rest baby and I'm here with you now."

"Will you wake me up when you want to leave?"

"You should sleep now baby."

"No, I want to be there when you leave. I thought I could accompany you to the airport but everything doesn't go according to our plans. Let me send you off properly at least from here." She watched his head shakes in disapproval.

"Please Arnav." She pleads again.

"Ok... Now I want you to sleep."

"Then I will sleep. Let me recite the shema, hmm it is like our mantra."

"Ok..." Khushi get up and started reciting it as Arnav sat next to her.

'Hear O Israel, the Eternal One is our God, the Eternal God is One.
Baruch sheim k'vod malchuto l'olam va'ed.
Blessed is God's glory forever and ever.

Ve'ahavta eit Adonai Elohecha, B'kol l'vav'cha, u-v'kol naf'sh'cha, u-v'kol m'ode-cha. V'hayu ha d'varim haeileh, Asher anochi m'tsa-v'cha ha yom, al l'va-vecha. V'shinantam l'vanecha, v'dibarta bam, b'shivt'cha b'veitecha, uvlech-t'cha va'derech,uv'shawch b'cha uv'kumecha. Ukshartam l'ot al yadecha, v'hayu l'totafot bein einecha. Uchtavtam, al m'zuzot beite-cha, u-vish-a-re-cha.

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your might. And these words which I command you this day shall be on your heart. You shall teach them to your children, and you shall speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the way, when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign upon your arm, and they shall be for a reminder between your eyes. And you shall write them upon the doorposts of your house and upon your gates'

"Now we can sleep Arnav." She said completing her shema.

"I really wish if you could hold me properly." She looked at her blisters filled body.

"You don't have much blisters on your hips, tell me if I touch any of them." Saying this Arnav moved closer to her and placed his hand on her hip.

"Is it ok baby?"

"It is..." Khushi said and felt a tender kiss on the side of her forehead.

"Close your eyes and don't think about anything now." She placed her hand on his hand and slowly fell asleep. Arnav laid there staring at her and managing her posture.

Arnav don't know why he felt the intense need to protect her from every evil eyes. Why her smile soothes him a lot. Why her every tears stabs his heart?All he know is that she belongs to him and he will do anything to keep her happy.

Arnav wakes her up after 4 in the morning.

"I have to go now Khushi" Arnav said as she sat on the bed.

"I have something for you." Saying this Khushi opened the table drawer which is next to the bed.

"Here it is..."

"Should I open it now or later?"

"Open it now Arnav." Arnav open the box and found a pendent

Arnav took it on his hand and checked the pendent.
"I know that you are not a religious person, this is for my peace of mind.
This is called hamsa hand which is a holy symbol among Jews. For us this is the hand of God which will protect the owner from evil eye and brings happiness, luck, health, joy, and good fortune. Keep this with you always.
It have an inscription on its back in Hebrew which means "Let no sadness come to this heart, Let no trouble come to these arms, Let no conflict come to these eyes, Let your soul be filled with the blessing of joy and peace. Keep this with you even if you don't like it. This will give me assurance that nothing will happen to you." She said with tear brimming in her eyes.

"I will keep this with me baby."

"Can I hug you?" Tears continue to roll down from her eyes.

"Don't press to much baby, it won't be good for your blisters." Khushi hugged him gently and Arnav stroked her head without touching her anywhere. He wiped away her tears gently.

"Smile for me baby." Khushi smiled with moist eyes.

"Clean the pendant as I don't any of your teammates to get chickenpox. Go and show the world who ASR is and make our country proud." Khushi said cupping his cheeks.

"I promise to do that if you promise to keep that smile on your face." Khushi nodded her head lightly smiling at him.

Arnav held her hand in his hand.
"Take care of yourself baby and follow what I said to you. I will call you whenever I can."

Khushi tightened her hold on his hand as he planted a kiss on her forehead. Arnav pulled away his hand from her and moved towards the window.

As he reached near to the window, he returned back to her and pressed a long kiss on her forehead. He jumped out of the window with a heavy heart and gave her a smile before leaving from there.

As soon as Arnav disappeared from her sight, she covered her face with her palm and cried bearing the pain of their temporary separation.

**************

Precap

Watch the video, it will give a insight into the next chapter. This song shows everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 2.3K 14
Completed! This is a short story of about 10-15 chapter. Khushi and arnav are happily married, arnav is from poor family and khushi from rich family...
213K 12.3K 36
#StandAlone - You don't need to be an Arshi fan to read this story. She is beautiful... She is fair... Said the society seeing the white skin of the...
340K 13.6K 49
It is a love hate story. When two people fall in love but their surrounding is just filled with hate... they do fight with their love but is it enoug...
155K 3.7K 19
#5 in asr 03/01/2019 Cover credit @MeghaMiglani its a arshi story.which doesnt match to the real series of IPKKND.All the characters will be the sa...