Wolf

By notlittlebirdy

Lieutenant Amelia Irfan is best known as a combat sniper in a special operations unit called Wolf. They are a... More

Introduction - A Day at Work
Chapter 1 - Operation Bayan
Chapter 2 - Operation Belarus
Chapter 3 - Operation Cronos
Chapter 4 - Operation Titan
Chapter 5 - Operation Dawn
Chapter 6 - Operation Lazarus
Chapter 7 - Off Day!
Chapter 8 - Operation Adam
Chapter 9 - A Break After Death
Chapter 11 - Operation Lilith
Chapter 12 Part 1 - Operation Youth
Chapter 12 Part 2: Operation Save Me!
Chapter 13 - Operation Snow Highlands
Chapter 14 - Euphoria
Chapter 15: Batshit Crazy
Chapter 16: Home?
Chapter 17 - Sour Then Sweet
Chapter 18 - The Warring Groups
Chapter 19 - Dionysius
Chapter 20: Operation Die Hard 1
Chapter 20: Operation Die Hard II (Ishikawa Kirishima's POV)
Chapter 21 - Anpanman
Chapter 22 - Operation Newcomer
Chapter 23 - Operation Takeover
Chapter 24 - Operation Kidnapped Businessman
Chapter 25: War Hunting Season Part 1
Chapter 25: War Hunting Season Part 2
Chapter 26: Operation Easkerton Fortress
Chapter 27: Operation Salji Tebal
Chapter 28: Operation Yacht Date
Chapter 29 - Introducing Raikou Akihito
Chapter 30 - Operation: The Final Problem
Epilogue

Chapter 10 - Operation Welcome Home Party ( 1 Year Later)

128 5 0
By notlittlebirdy

We've touched down the tarmac at 3am, and we were all a little blurry-eyed and bushy-tailed after a gruelling 16-hour stand-off with the enemy at the border. We managed to get our flight back right after we've secured the mission and slept the entire flight back home.

After we've cleared immigration, we filed in our four-wheelers and drove back to HQ where we dropped off our armours and weapons. We got a sleepy debrief and we were finally let out into civilisation when the sun was rising from its slumber.

I glanced at the clock – yawning heavily and trudged to the women's bathroom to get a quick shower as well as a change of clothes before I head home.

It was cold season again so I pulled on the warm clothes that I had left behind a year ago – knowing that my future self would want to change into civilian clothing before I head home.

Shaking my head at my past self, I folded the uniform into my bag and stuffed the remaining items that needed to be washed urgently. I was the last person to leave HQ and by that time, it was already 7.30am.

Seeing the sun again after months of night missions made me squint and cower, the brightness of the sun surprised me.

"Oi Amelia!"

I turned around curiously to see the familiar man standing next to the black Aston Martin and I stopped walking as my jaw hit the floor in shock. I was not expecting him there. How did he know that I was arriving here today? Just how good this stalker of mine is?

Wait, is that my heart fluttering?

Panicking, I climbed down the stairs quickly and rushed to him as I looked around rather wearily. "What are you doing here?" I asked in a whisper as I grabbed him by the arm to usher him back in the car. "You know you're under scrutiny."

"I'm picking you up," he said as he tried to shake his arm off so he could bring me to an embrace. "Welcome home. It's been a long year."

"Yes yes let's get out of here," I said hurriedly as I opened the driver's door and shoved him in before I ran to the passenger side. "Come on. Come on."

Kirishima had a little smile hanging on his lips as we left the HQ and I tried to sink myself into the seat – as the guards at security peeked in the windows as they allowed us to leave. Soon, the scenery changed from mediocre office buildings to tall coniferous trees as we entered the highway.

"I can't believe you got in," I muttered.

He laughed. "Don't worry about it," he replied.

"What if I get benched again?" I muttered flatly and let out a groan as I sank down on the seat, throwing my hands up in defeat. "I have to go through many rounds of interrogations."

"Oh, what type of interrogations?" he asked. "Does it hurt?"

"What?" I asked and shook my head in disbelief. "Not that type, you sick masochist."

He laughed again. "I was thinking they'd electrocute you or something."

"Don't be daft," I said. "We only do that to criminals."

Hearing that statement, he perked up a little and wanted to know more about it. He was interested in our interrogation ways and I didn't want to talk about work anymore so I changed the subject effectively.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see."

"Is it a restaurant?"

"Yes."

"Good. I'm starving."

.

"Welcome to Starbucks," the cashier greeted with a smile. "What can I get for you?"

Hovering by the counter, I glanced at the menu boards above even though I always get the same drink. For some reason today, I felt like consuming something else and I chose a relatively sweet drink after hearing the recommendation from the helpful bartender.

With my cold drink and a warm blueberry muffin set on a tray, I made my way to an unoccupied seat by the back and sat down. Taking out the plate and drink, I arranged it in a way that it was easy for me to reach the two items and set the fork neatly on a piece of serviette.

Admiring my handiwork, I looked up abruptly when I heard the chair being pulled backwards and saw Kirishima sitting down opposite me as if I was expecting him. My eyes went wide with shock and I was taken aback at his presence, seemingly confused at his actions.

"Is this a bad place?" I asked quietly as I took the fork to cut a piece of muffin.

I remembered him telling me that the stalker will let him know if I happened to be flying off into a country that they had businesses with. I'm guessing this is one of many.

A smile lifted on his face. "Are you mad at me?" he asked almost excitedly as he rested his elbows on the table and leaned forwards. "Are you disappointed to see me come instead?"

It was as if he wanted to be scolded. Is he a masochist?

I gave him a flat glare.

"If I were to be honest with you," he explained happily. "I happened to see you walking around so I thought I should join you in your ... whatever it is that you're doing right now."

I took a sip of my coffee and winced slightly at the sweet taste it left on my tongue. The anger that was brewing inside me was barely checked.

"So you happened to see me – by coincidence – even when we're in a different fucking country?" I asked flatly and leaned close as I dropped to a whisper. "What if I stick a fucking blade in a place that you wouldn't want?"

"I'd look forward to it."

"Shut the fuck up," I answered angrily, groaning in annoyance as I threw my hands up in defeat. "How the fuck would I know he'd come? Are you fucking insane?"

"Am I interrupting something?" Kirishima asked curiously. "Is that an earpiece on you?"

I sighed as I bit into more pieces of muffin. "I don't have the patience to deal with your idiocy, Lucas," I grumbled angrily. "Frank, can you please shut him up? I have a lot to deal with currently."

"Oh, you're on a mission."

I glared at him again and stabbed my muffin – the fork clinking against the plate sharply. "There's only one reason I'd be sitting in a damn café alone in a different country," I growled.

"Well, you could've be on holiday?" he offered helpfully.

"Alone," I repeated flatly.

He laughed and his eyes seemed to brighten a little. I sighed angrily at his apparent happiness and wondered what I ought to do with the likes of him.

"Heads up."

"Target approaching the counter."

Today's mission was simple. Our target was infamous for supplying weapons to the enemy insurgents but the police are never able to pinpoint him to make a solid case so he's never acquitted for his crimes.

One of our intelligence officers have located him here and has been frequenting this café to purchase black coffee. He'll sit by the window seat and watch tv or window gaze.

Intel fears that he's meeting someone to negotiate armed deals.

Wolf is here to spy and stop the deal if necessary.

"You've injured yourself pretty badly this time," he said, glancing down at my bandaged wrists and taking one of them gingerly as he pulled down the sleeve to see the extent of it.

"It's embarrassing," I pointed out as I pulled my arm back to pull the sleeve up again. The bandage work was messy because the back-up first aider lacked the experience.

"Why?"

He seemed very curious.

I stayed quiet.

"Come on please?"

I sighed at his pleading expression.

"My parachute caught some nasty wind and I ended up stuck on a fucking tree about 4 storeys high," I explained. "The harness jammed and I had to saw it open. I pretty much fell the rest of the way down, got scratched up pretty badly while falling."

"Was that like on the Jurassic Park 3 movie?" he asked.

I sighed. "Yes."

"Well, at least you didn't end up as a skeleton."

I chuckled at that statement, shaking my head at his mirth and taking a sip of the coffee again. Kirishima seemed to be proud that he made me laugh and I glanced at the corner of my eye – seeing the target has taken his seat at his usual place.

"Has he sat down?" he asked.

I nodded. "Frank?"

"Standby Amelia, what for the deal."

As I waited for the orders to move, I was taken aback in seeing Kirishima standing up and heading to the target. "What are you doing?" I hissed as I grabbed his arm but missed as I was a second too late. "Kirishima! Don't tell me you're the dealer!"

He walked away without an answer.

"Frank, Kirishima is heading to the target for a deal," I reported in a hushed voice. "What should we do? Should we step in?"

"Wait it out. He'll give us the answer we need."

"He's fucking crazy."

"Why is he always popping up randomly? It's weird."

"Is he going to be his new business partner?"

"His group is famous for that kind of shit."

"Wow, and it's our first time seeing this unfold. Right in front of our eyes."

"Can you shut the fuck up?"

Ishikawa Kirishima approached the target confidently like it was any other business meeting with a famed terrorist – dropped a business smile as he introduced himself to the man and as they shook hands, Kirishima sat down on the opposite chair.

I tried to be nonchalant about it as I continued to eat my blueberry muffin but it was rather difficult because I was screaming internally.

After a few minutes of quiet chatting, the target got up and left the café with a little smile playing on his lips.  I sat watching the exchange – stunned and a little worried of the outcome.

Kirishima returned to his seat in front of me looking smug as hell. I stared at him in perplex and raised an eyebrow – wanting to know what has been discussed between them.

"Oh come now," he said as he took my coffee to take a sip, making a face as he does at the sweetness. "I'm making things easier for me and for you."

"Is he affecting your business that much?" I asked curiously.

"He's competition," he replied. "The Kouma Group is the one who established that years ago. There shouldn't be another dealer here but the asshole has somehow gotten past our security and set up business here."

I raised a pierced eyebrow. "And?"

"I've made him a lifetime deal," he said smugly. "And I'm sure you'd benefit from it thanks to me. You're welcome by the way."

"Can I punch his teeth out?" Lucas asked flatly.

"Don't break his face," I growled angrily. "We wouldn't get this information without his help. Boss, can you shut him up?"

"With pleasure."

"Does this lead us to his warehouse or something?" I asked.

"Something better."

"Like what?"

"A cargo ship."

I blanched.

"Using the black market trade shipping lines," he said with a shrug. "You guys aren't able to figure that out anyway. It's too complicated for civil servants like you to know."

I folded my arms. "You mean it's above our pay grade."

He laughed.

.

We separated after that conversation as Kirishima had to leave for another important meeting and I've sat too long in the café.

We left the shop and split – I took a right turn while he went on to the Aston Martin parked across. I walked along the cobbled stone pavement for a few blocks, ensuring that I was not followed before slipping quietly between parked cars before entering a silver van where my team was hiding.

I slammed the door shut and took out the recording device Kirishima had given me before throwing it over to the Intel guy. He could analyse the conversation between the two gentlemen and make his report to the upper echelon.

The van was quiet.

Too quiet.

"What should we do, boss?" I asked.

"Well, things has gotten a little complicated," he answered. "The brass didn't like that the Kouma Group has stepped in. Most likely, there'll be a meeting with them soon."

"What do we do now?"

"We exfil," he replied. "We got another plane coming in to bring us home in 5 hours."

"Roger that."

"Let's get out of here."

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

847K 26K 43
Nearing the clock, I positioned myself laying on my front, both hands on the rifle, eye on the telescope attached to it, ready to shoot. Minutes has...
349 5 11
Jouko is Continuation High School's ace sniper and a capable close-combat fighter. She's fought in two previous Sensha-Do tournaments prior to the ev...
9.9K 233 29
They called him a traitor, He killed more then any. Command wanted him in chains, he broke them, He had trained for this since he could walk, now was...
103K 3.7K 66
In the land of Maria, a devastating war between two clans has been ravaging the lands for years, and shows no sign of stopping. The war is between th...