End Up Here (5 Seconds of Sum...

By emeraudefalls

"So go ahead and tell me that there's nothing between us. Because I would say that you're wrong." Robbie shoo... More

DISCLAIMER
End Up Here (5 Seconds of Summer: Calum Hood)
Chapter 1: The Wish
Chapter 2: The Start
Chapter 3: The Fake Pout
Chapter 4: The Coffees
Chapter 5: The Address
Chapter 6: The Tickets
Chapter 7: The Show
Chapter 8: The Memoir
Chapter 9: The Pizza
Chapter 10: The Tour
Chapter 11: The Incident
Chapter 12: The Solution
Chapter 13: The Photo
Chapter 14: The Smiles
Chapter 15: The Texts
Chapter 16: The Tattoo
Chapter 17: The Cards
Chapter 18: The Gown
Chapter 19: The Birthday
Chapter 20: The Confession
Chapter 22: The Publication
Chapter 23: The Fight
Chapter 24: The Bond
Chapter 25: The Truth
Chapter 26: The Note
Chapter 27: The Manager
Chapter 28: The Interview
One Massive Author's Note
Pre-Ending Q&A: End Up Here
Chapter 29: The Gala
Chapter 30: The End
***Very Important Announcement + Credits

Chapter 21: The Zoo

7.5K 166 58
By emeraudefalls

Charlotte's POV

It was afternoon and I was in our hotel room on Nashville by myself. Robbie was out with Calum and I don't know where everyone is. I was bored so I decided to call my parents back home.

"I'm sorry, Charlotte. Your father is on a meeting with a very important client and would be furious if he was disturbed at the moment." my dad's secretary said. She was possibly the only connection I had to talking to my own father. He's a very busy man and being CEO at a pharmaceutical company makes him harder to contact.

"Right. Sorry for bothering you, Ana. Tell him I called." I said.

"Yes, of course. Have fun though." I hinted a tone of pity in her voice. I ignored it, as usual.

Then I called my mum but the same thing happened. I reached her assistant instead. My mum was busy, too.

I felt really bummed out. I was their only child and they don't even have time for me. Not even bothering to ask how's my trip away from London. I ignored the feeling as I always did before. It's probably better this way. They're not bothering me so I won't bother them.

I slumped down my bed and stared at the ceiling.

What to do. What to do.

Then suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I got up and opened it. Next thing I know, Ashton was sitting on Robbie's bed opposite of me.

"You look like your hamster just died." he said.

"I'm fine." I smiled at him.

"Come on. Tell me."

I shrugged and told him, "I tried calling my parents to check in on them but they're busy with work."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Don't be." I waved him off. "It's always been like this with my parents."

We sat in silence for a while. Then Ashton glanced at me and smiled. His dimples showing as I stared at his godly face.

"You want to do something?" he asked, stretching his hand out to me.

"Oh yes, please." I replied as I took it and stood up with him. "But where's Michael and Luke?"

"We had to do something and I ditched them." he giggled.

"Why?" I asked. We gotout of the room and on our way across the hall.

"Because I thought about you, bored out of your mind inside your room. How dare Robbie and Calum leave you here while they go on their date."

I laughed. "They're on a date?" Robbie didn't tell me anything about a date.

"They don't know it's a date because they're so oblivious to their feelings."

"Oh my God. I bloody knew it!" I squeeled as we got out of the hotel and hailed a cab.

Ashton giggled then he said, "Did I ever tell you your accent is adorable?"

I scoffed. "No. But all of England has the same accent as me."

"Well, hearing it from you makes it a thousand times better."

I blushed at his words. Goddammit. He's so smooth.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked. Then a cab stopped in front of us and we got on it.

"I specifically remember Calum telling me about this place called the zoo."

"Ahh. Yes. The tiger petting. Honestly, Robbie can be so impossible." I said.

"Yeah, well. It was really nice of you to urge Robbie to write down the list. I heard the whole story from Calum." Ashton explained.

"Thanks." I smiled then glanced at the window of the car. Then a thought hit me. "Wait, Ash. Are we going to spy on Calum and Robbie?"

Ashton shook his head quickly and explained to me. "No, no, no. We're not going to spy on them. We are going to help them."

"Help?"

"yeah. Because it's likely that Calum will chicken out again and not make a move.

I gave Ashton a high five as I approved of his plan. Sure, it's sort of invaiding their privacy. Okay. It's invaiding everything about them. But I agree with Ashton. Even Robbie is likely to back out and not show her true feelings to Calum. They've gone on long enough just being friends.

When we got to the zoo, we paid our admissions and started looking for Calum and Robbie.

"There! I found them near the monkey cages!" Ashton exclaimed and pulled me towards their location.

"SHHH!!! Ashton be quiet!" I half whispered and half-yelled. "We don't want them finding out that we're here!"

"Right. Sorry. Come on. We don't wanna lose them, too."

So we followed them around the place while keeping at least 5 or 8 meters between us. We followed them stealthily through the reptile room, bird cages and the glass cages where the alligators were bing fed.

Then Calum and Robbie stopped in front of the aquariums where the exotic fishes were in. It was in a dark room, much like a theatre, where the giant aquariums glow.

We were hiding behind a column in the room where we can't be seen. At least it was dark so it was easy.

As I was watching Calum and Robbie, I saw their hands touch and eventually intertwined.

 Oh my God. It's happening.

They were in a dark place with only a few people inside. The situation was very romantic and it was only seconds before they have the chance to kiss.

"Ashton!" I whispered. "Ashton!" Then I turned around and saw no one beside me.

"Ashton?" I called out again, still whispering as I looked around. Then I saw him. He was pressing his nose against an aquarium nearby containing a couple of sting rays, looking so amazed.

Really, Ashton?

I groaned as I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Wow. Ashton. You're a great spy."

"Oh I'm sorry, Charlotte. But look! They're so flat." he giggled and pointed at the creature like a child.

"Ash, it's going to happen soon. They're going to kiss any minute now and we have to make sure it happens."

Ashton looked at me and grinned. "I love it when you get all determined. It brings out a pretty color to your face."

It was dark so thankfully no one can see me blush. "Why don't we let them be and explore the zoo on our own?" he suggested. "We'll have more fun than spying on Calum and Robbie."

"What? But we have to make sure something happens between them. They are hopeless, Ash." I said.

"Come on. Let's go see the giraffes." he grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the place.

"Oh but---"

"They'll be fine, Char. Come on."

"This was your idea."

"I know." he smiled.

As we walked out of the place, I turned to look at Calum and Robbie only they weren't there anymore. We missed it!

Might as well go with Ashton and have fun. And judging by how Ashton's face lit up like a firework when we saw the long-necked animals, I had a great feeling that we WILL have fun.

And we did.

By the time we got back to the hotel, I was carrying a stuffed giraffe, which Ashton bought for me, and laughing at our adventures for the day.

"So, I'll see you at dinner?" he said as we stopped in front of my room at the hotel.

I nodded and grinned at him. "Of course."

He smiled and turned on his heels back to his room. I watched him go as I grinned to myself. I had so much fun with him today. I wonder when's the next time I'll hang out with Ashton.

I opened the door to our room and saw an angry looking Robbie with her arms crossed.

Crap. She knows.

"Well, I can see that you've had a blast today judging by the stupid grin on your face." she said.

"Hello to you, too, Rob." I smiled weakly.

"What were you two thinking following us to the zoo?"

"Ah. You see, Ashton and I originally went there to--"

"Spy on us?" Robbie finished for me.

"No!" I walked towards her. "We were there to...uhh...watch you both. But...BUT we ended up NOT following you. So there."

Robbie let out a hmmp and narrowed her eyes.

"Did you have fun?" she asked.

"Yeah, actually. Wait. So you're not going to rage on me for spying on you and Calum?"

She grinned and said, "No. But you finally admitted that you were spying on us."

Damn. She's sly.

"Anyway," she continued. "What happened on your day with Ashton Irwin?"

Robbie winked at me and I finally relaxed.

So I told her everything we did and more. I told her the things that Ashton said and did that made me laugh. I told her about how we went around the zoo for hours and hours not even bothering what time is it.

When I was done, Robbie chuckled.

"What?" I asked. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." she smiled. "I have to ask you one question though."

"Sure. What is it?"

"Was your day with Ashton better than your night with Luke?"

"What? Oh my God! How could you bring that up?" I replied. And quite loudly, too.

"Well, you like Ashton and Luke. But who do you like more?"

"Robbie, I can't believe you. That's like asking which is more delicious: chocolate or chocolate? AND they're both so delicious!"

"Are you saying that Luke and Ashton are delicious?" she laughed.

"NO!....Well, they are....That's not the point!"

I groaned and honestly, quite shocked at this sudden interrogation with me.

"Calum's more like a dark chocolate kind of person." I heard Robbie mumble.

"So how was YOUR day with Calum?" I asked, just to change the topic from me to her.

Robbie beamed with happiness and told me, "I got to pet Andy the tiger."

"Nice! Would've been even cooler if it were a lion though. But why didn't you take Michael with you? He wanted to do it, too."

"It was so sudden. We didn't have time to tell Michael." she replied.

"Ah. You're gonna have to apologize to him. He'd be so devastated." I nodded.

That night, I kept tossing and turning in my bed. The idea of sleep can't be seen through my eyes and I don't know what to do about it.

Robbie's question haunted me.

Who do I like more?

Ashton or Luke?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Can someone give me their ship names?

I'm bad at ship names.

SO....

Who will end up with Charlotte? 

ASHTON OR LUKE????

=============================================================================

(ANNOUNCEMENT)

**you can ignore this if you want**

I’m brainstorming for characters, names, places, story ideas and stuff for my upcoming Ashton fanfic and I would love it if you would help me.

Check out my Ashton Fanfic to send me your ideas and who knows? MAYBE you yourself can be included in the actual fanfic. :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378 30 31
921 64 28
They just wanted to meet the band that brought them together... They didn't know it'd tare them apart
95.4K 2.5K 36
'Hey Megan, got tickets for your friend and you for 5SOS. I'm going with you guys as you needed an 18+ person, so you better be nice to me the next f...