Chapter 21: The Zoo

Charlotte's POV

It was afternoon and I was in our hotel room on Nashville by myself. Robbie was out with Calum and I don't know where everyone is. I was bored so I decided to call my parents back home.

"I'm sorry, Charlotte. Your father is on a meeting with a very important client and would be furious if he was disturbed at the moment." my dad's secretary said. She was possibly the only connection I had to talking to my own father. He's a very busy man and being CEO at a pharmaceutical company makes him harder to contact.

"Right. Sorry for bothering you, Ana. Tell him I called." I said.

"Yes, of course. Have fun though." I hinted a tone of pity in her voice. I ignored it, as usual.

Then I called my mum but the same thing happened. I reached her assistant instead. My mum was busy, too.

I felt really bummed out. I was their only child and they don't even have time for me. Not even bothering to ask how's my trip away from London. I ignored the feeling as I always did before. It's probably better this way. They're not bothering me so I won't bother them.

I slumped down my bed and stared at the ceiling.

What to do. What to do.

Then suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I got up and opened it. Next thing I know, Ashton was sitting on Robbie's bed opposite of me.

"You look like your hamster just died." he said.

"I'm fine." I smiled at him.

"Come on. Tell me."

I shrugged and told him, "I tried calling my parents to check in on them but they're busy with work."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Don't be." I waved him off. "It's always been like this with my parents."

We sat in silence for a while. Then Ashton glanced at me and smiled. His dimples showing as I stared at his godly face.

"You want to do something?" he asked, stretching his hand out to me.

"Oh yes, please." I replied as I took it and stood up with him. "But where's Michael and Luke?"

"We had to do something and I ditched them." he giggled.

"Why?" I asked. We gotout of the room and on our way across the hall.

"Because I thought about you, bored out of your mind inside your room. How dare Robbie and Calum leave you here while they go on their date."

I laughed. "They're on a date?" Robbie didn't tell me anything about a date.

"They don't know it's a date because they're so oblivious to their feelings."

"Oh my God. I bloody knew it!" I squeeled as we got out of the hotel and hailed a cab.

Ashton giggled then he said, "Did I ever tell you your accent is adorable?"

I scoffed. "No. But all of England has the same accent as me."

"Well, hearing it from you makes it a thousand times better."

I blushed at his words. Goddammit. He's so smooth.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked. Then a cab stopped in front of us and we got on it.

"I specifically remember Calum telling me about this place called the zoo."

"Ahh. Yes. The tiger petting. Honestly, Robbie can be so impossible." I said.

"Yeah, well. It was really nice of you to urge Robbie to write down the list. I heard the whole story from Calum." Ashton explained.