Love You Despite |Complete ✅|

Av MrsCoraF

****My brothers' best friend.**** Raina Jackson's been through and overcame so much. Despite all the tr... Mer

A Word/ Appreciation
0•Prologue
1•VIP
2•VIP II
3•Tesla
4•Small Card
5•Small Card II
6•Pool Party
7•Morning Run
8•I'm Not Quitting
9•I'm Not Quitting II
10•Yo' Bored Ass
11•FaceTime
12•That Kiss
13•That Kiss II
14•They Win
15•They Win II
16•They Win III
17•Let Me Talk To You
18•Baking Cakes
19•Deep Rooted Issues
20•Punkin
21•Masturbation
22•Bathing Suit
23•Pop Ups
24•Pop Ups II
25•End It
26•End It II
27•Dr. Mills
28•Nairobi
29•Nairobi II
30•Mr. Xan
31•Engagement Party
32•Howard
33•Mac n Cheese
34•Hey Rai
35•Hey Rai II
36•Gotta' Go Home
37•Back Home
38•Back Home II
39•Back Home III
40•Chicken Souvlaki
41•DNA
42•Seven O' Clock
43•No Champagne
44•DermaBlend
45•Arian Marie Adams
46•Bachelorette
47•Bachelor
48•Mr. & Mrs. Jackson
49•Epilogue Part 1 of 2
The Character Q&A
Lastly!

50•Epilogue Part 2 of 2

6.4K 363 337
Av MrsCoraF

Arriving at the hospital and checking in we crowded the waiting area. We were definitely in the building. Leahs aunt came over to the house to watch all of the kids. Her mom said she would be there in the morning first thing to help out with them.

Adrians parents were at the hospital as well. Arian was with her mommy at her grandparents house. Since it was Christmas Eve.

These last few years were an emotional test in my marriage. I was just happy we still have each other regardless. It was hard because I wanted to be a mother so badly.

"Here babe." Adrian handed me a pack of skittles. "Thanks." I opened it pouring a few in my hand then tossed them in my mouth. After repeating that a few times, next thing I knew the entire pack was gone. I admit I was a bit antsy.

Adrian chuckled getting up taking the empty pack from me to trash. I went to the bathroom to pee in the cup provided for me. After writing my name on the cup and washing my hands I left it with the nurse. I felt the need to wash my hands again so I did. The nurse took my weight and blood pressure as well.

"Hey Dr. Saunders. I didn't know you were going to be here." I spotted him walking by while I was taking my seat. He came over to me. I stood so I could properly hug him. "You're not with family for the holidays?"

"I usually take my vacation after the holidays. When everyone return so I could rub it in their faces." He laughed lightly.

"Smart move." I sat down. "It's been a while since I've seen you. Last time was the suicide attempt."

"Yep it's been a while." He smiled, his light wrinkled face lit up. "How's everything and congratulations, on the marriage? I saw your husband in the hall, he spoke to me."

"Thank you, everything is as good as it can be. I'm here to see if I'm pregnant or not. We lost three already." I sighed."You took a home test?"

I nodded. "Yes, about three and a half weeks ago. I waited for my period and I think I got it today. I'm not sure." Adrian came back over, Sienna joined us too.

"Let me go to the back and see what's going on. I'll check to see who's your OBGYN tonight and make sure their up to speed." 

"Thank you Dr. Saunders."

"Yes, thank you so much." Sienna added, Adrian agreed. Dr. Saunders nodded smiling before walking off. He shook hands and spoke briefly with Mikey before heading to the back.

Sienna took a seat beside me, my hubby sat down on the other side. He pulled me close to him. His hand found its ways back to my stomach.

Cyrene had baby Tron here because of his breastfeeding schedule. I told her she could leave and that we'd update her but she nor Troy wanted to leave. I remember when they found out they were pregnant they kept it a secret. She broke down when she finally told me. I was going through the loss of my second miscarriage at the time. So they kept it hidden. I don't want them or anyone to feel like they have to hide something so special. She's my cousin. I will always celebrate her accomplishments, regardless of what I'm dealing with.

I was happy to have the support of family. They better have a big enough room because we rolled in deep.

"Raina, we have you all squared away, you can come on back." Dr. Saunders came out with another doctor. I stood up. "Is there room for everybody?"

"We have you up in L&D, you and your husband can head back while you change. I can come back out for everyone else. —That's not how we normally do things but for this family we'll make an exception. —I'm sitting in on this, is that ok?"

The female docotor pushed a wheel chair towards me. "Sure and thank you so much." I smiled relieved taking a seat. Adrian gathered up our things from the chair.

"I got her." He placed my bag and folder in my lap. The doctor nodded stepping aside so he could push me. He was so nervous. The support from everyone was well appreciated. We made our way to the elevator on to the second floor. Once in the room the doctors left so I could change in to the gown.

Adrian and I didn't say anything to each other. We were both nervous. He helped me change out and get into the bed.

He pulled a chair close by the bed and sat in it. We stared at each other for a long period of time. A nurse and the two doctors came in. The nurse went on to get a blood sample and to start an IV then left the room.

The doctor began asking me questions. Dr. Saunders checked my blood pressure. Then performed a normal check up with my eyes, ears and throat. He left out after to get the family.

"Are you having any morning sickness at all? Do you feel any discomfort?" The lady doctor referred to as Dr. Bryant asked. "Nope, no morning sickness, no discomfort. Nothing."

"What made you do a home test?"

"I hadn't had my period in months. I was planning to go to the doctor but instead I took the test and it was positive. I was afraid of more bad news so I waited for my cycle. Today I got some light bleeding, but I noticed it stopped when I was getting the urine sample. I've been taking prenatal vitamins." I took a breath.

"How long before the results?" Adrian asked while rubbing on my stomach again. He was hopeful after hearing I was no longer bleeding.

"We have the urine sample—." Dr. Bryant was interrupted. Dr. Saunders came in with everyone following behind. A smile grew on my face seeing my family. Adrian snuck in a kiss noticing my smile.

"Ok, we'll be over here out of the way." Mikey pointed to the far side of the room. I nodded and they proceeded.

"What were the urine results Dr Bryant?" I asked.

"The urine samples came back positive. We're going to wait on blood results for accurate HCG levels." She placed her hands pressing down on my lower stomach after Adrian and I moved our hands.

"Positive?" I asked her needing her to repeat. Adrian and I shared a little smile. We weren't too excited because we've been down this road before.

"You're very positive." She smiled back at us. I grabbed my mans hand, he leaned down and kissed mine. We both took a deep breath then exhaled slowly.

"I'm going to proceed with an ultrasound while we wait on your other test. I'm not positive on how far long yet. I do know that your HCG levels are high from what I can get from the urine sample." She scanned my wristband then went over by the door to get the machine.

"Everything's going to be ok. I know it is." Adrian reassured, I nodded taking another deep breath.

She regained her seat in the rolling chair, Adrian stood up. I pulled the gown up covering my lower half with the sheets. Dr. Bryant placed the transducer on top of the glob of gel on my lower abdomen.

"I can tell just by the hardening, you're more than likely out of the first trimester. —Lets see what we have." She turned the small screen towards her, typing something in. The room fell silent, no one made a sound or movement.

The noises from inside my womb reverberated around the room gaining everyone's attention.

After Dr. Bryant moved the probe around and clicked on the keyboard a few times she glanced at Dr. Saunders. He came closer to view the screen.

"What's wrong?" I asked on the verge of tears.

"You hear that heart beat?" Dr. Saunders asked turning the volume up louder, Adrian and I nodded at the sametime. "That's not your heartbeat that's your baby."

"Is it normal, its kind of slow?" I wiped the tear that fell down.

"When did you have your last miscarriage again?" Dr. Bryant asked getting up to turn on the big flatscreen tv.

"Back in July around her birthday, why?" Adrian spoke, I wasn't able to. My mind was racing.

Dr. Bryant powered on the tv displaying the image from the small monitor.

"Raina sweetheart, your third pregnancy wasn't a miscarriage. You're still pregnant, congratulations!" Dr. Bryant announced. She went back over to the monitor taking her seat. She moved the transducer around showing us our baby moving around.

"What?" I slightly shouted, everyone made loud unaudible noises, chanting. Adrian walked closer to the screen, still in shock.

"You're looking to be around five months, almost six. —You're carrying this baby well. You can barely notice, remind me to call you when I want to tone my body up." Dr. Bryant joked as the room finally quieted. We all laughed a little.

Ma Heather and pops came over to get a closer look at the screen.

"Look at our grandbaby." Ma Heather cooed. "Dri Dri come here."

He walked over to his mom, he had fresh tears in his eyes. They embraced each other, sharing a long hug.

Dr. Bryant went on to check on our baby's measurements, fluid and whatever else. She also checked my cervix, everything was perfect.

"Would you like to know what you're having?" She smiled.

Adrian walked back over to me. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. I think we were feeling the same way. We're excited but it's hard to grasp this moment. "Its up to you baby."

I quickly nodded my head. "Yes, I want know." I looked to my husband, he nodded his head while taking back his seat. "We want to know."

Dr. Bryant didn't wait another second. She moved the gelled object around to our baby's little area. She zoomed in clicking images. "You are looking at your beautiful baby boy."

"A boy?" Adrian asked almost jumping out of the chair. Dr. Saunders and Dr. Bryant nodded their heads repeatedly. Everyone stared at the screen barely able to contain their excitement.

Adrian leaned his forehead down to my cheek. "We're having a boy, baby." I grabbed on to him crying in his arms. I couldn't hold it in anymore. All this time I was losing hope, we were still pregnant. I didn't have three miscarriages, only two.

Dr. Bryant printed some photos then wiped the gel from my stomach. "As far as the spotting goes, it could've been from anything or nothing. The important thing is that it's gone. Your placenta is good, your cervix is nice and closed. Your entire uterus looks great. It could've came from a clot that passed or even from intercourse. So dad take it easy in the bedroom."

Adrian chuckled a little as his cheeks burned from blushing. His parents giggled a little. He scratched the back of his head. "Got it."

"If you have anything else abnormal or any questions, don't hesitate to call. We'll send all of your paperwork over to your doctors in New York."

"Thank you." I smiled looking down at my stomach. I guess I do have a little baby bump. I thought the weight gain was from me binge eating and from loss pregnancies.

Both doctors congratulated us before leaving the room giving us all privacy.

"All this time you were already pregnant." Sienna hugged me. The rest of the ladies including my Ma Heather crowded around me. Adrian went over to the guys, they patted his back congratulating him.

****

Adrian and I were finally home alone with our son. The entire family flew to New York and stayed for the birth.

We both agreed on him staying home for the first two months with no work. We agreed on me staying home until I felt comfortable enough going back. Both of our jobs were flexible so it wasn't an issue. It took us a lot to get this point, where we were holding our son.

My pregnancy was so easy I almost felt guilty for bragging about it to others. Even the birth was easy breezy. Also sex while pregnant was amazing too, not gon' lie. The labor and delivery was quick. Although the contraction were unbearable but I stuck it out with my no medication.

The day I lost my mucous plug was when my family started making their arrangements to fly in. Days before I went in to labor everyone was already here, watching me like a hawk.

The last few months going into my third trimester we brought a house. We didn't want to raise the baby in the little brownstone we had. So we have our new place out in the Tribeca area of the lower Manhattan. We love it in the city.

"I can't get over how long he is. It's been almost two weeks since you had him." We stared down at our swaddled up baby observing him while he slept. We were in the family room watching "This Is Us". Hubby cradled baby Adrian Amir Adams III in his arms.

Surprisingly Adrians a natural with the dad thing. I thought he would be paranoid with everything, like he was with his little sister. It's quite the opposite.

"He's tall like you."

"Look at this little human we created. I can't wait to teach him everything." He smiled down at him. I admired the two of them. "You're such a great dad already."

"I'm only trying to keep up with you."

I found my cloud nine moment, in my husband and son. I carried and brought my son into this world. I married my dream guy. The guy I thought was way out of my league at one point.

With a start that was so tragic and dark to a happiness far beyond my expectations. I can only thank my creator for such a journey.

Breaking my gaze he asked. "What do you want for dinner? I'm feeling real chef like, especially after that thanksgiving episode. You always got me watching these sappy shows."

"You're just a cry baby. 'This Is Us' is one of the best shows on tv right now. That and 'Insecure'."

"Whatever, but go ahead and start the next episode." He chuckled getting up. "What do you want for dinner?"

"I could really go for your chicken souvlaki. You haven't made that in a while."

"Coming right up, even though I could really go for your greens." He mumbled the last part placing baby boy in my arms. "I pushed out a human. I think I deserve your catering."

"You get two more passes with that line. Then you'll have to wait for the next baby to use it again." He walked off into the kitchen. I stared at him until he was out of sight.

"We did it Mama Laurie. Mikey and I kept going, we're happy." I whispered to myself. Baby Dri did a little smile while still sleeping. "Dang you have your dads entire face."

"Heard that."

"He has my winking smile." I pointed out surveying his face. He has his daddy's eye color, nose, his hair and even his forehead. Literally everything except my smile.

"It's ok, the next one's all you. Hopefully a girl and she'll have your whole face. All that melanin and everything." He spoke loud from the kitchen. "Yeah ok sure." I giggled.

The End...
_________________________

{I can't believe it's over, thank you all so much}

{Swipe to the next slide for; face claims, credits, thank yous' and what's next.}

{Any questions comments concerns...}

{Don't even worry about it, it's above me now. 🤷🏾‍♀️}

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

The Orphans Tale Av Ramisaaa

Allmän skönlitteratur

115 14 5
How would you feel if your comfortable life went up in smoke in under 2 years. Anxious nervous, scared, and overwhelmed are just probably the first f...
1.9K 104 51
{COMPLETED} Amelia was adopted at age 15 by a family in the same town she grew up in, just on the other side. She's trying to move on and forget her...
13.9K 1.6K 103
WARNING: My story contains mature and sensitive content. Please read at your own risk. *** Previously "Saving The Girl Who Thought She Was Broken" **...
43.3K 770 31
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...