Elgin's Enigma ✔

By JJJ000YYY

Elgin is your average city filled with people, trains, fog, victorian era fashion, goat people, and the best... More

Dedication
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Mark Information
Bonus 1
Trailer

Part 17

26 9 13
By JJJ000YYY

EXT. GRASSY FIELD-DAY

LUCY, ERLE, DARCY, NANCY, MIN and JORDANIA all stand on the field while CONNER sits on a stump off to the side scribbling on parchment paper.

JORDANIA: You guys know how to play lacrosse?

ERLE: I'm familiar.

DARCY: I love it!

LUCY: No...

NANCY: What's lacrosse?

MIN: You know the answer, Jordania.

JORDANIA: Conner said he wanted to be referee but I don't really trust that.

CONNER: I am fantastic at judgement! I'm making a map aren't I?

MIN: I'm starting to understand why he and Randi get along so well.

JORDANIA: So Min and I got a score to settle so we're both team captains. So I'm picking Erle and Nancy.

MIN: That isn't fair.

JORDANIA: I thought it would be fair if we had one amateur each. How isn't it fair?

MIN: I wanted Erle on my team.

JORDANIA: It's only for fun, Min. There's only one Erle too. Not everyone can have an Erle.

MIN: I know how much of a bad sport you are Jordania.

JORDANIA: And I know you hate losing to me.

MIN: I still want Erle on my team.

JORDANIA: Well, tough luck. He's on mine.

ERLE: I'm not a toy. You guys can't just fight over me if you feel like it.

JORDANIA: Yeah, Min! You shouldn't be fighting over him. Tsk tsk.

MIN: I'm going to beat you anyways. I don't need Erle to succeed.

ERLE (offended): Ouch.

JORDANIA: Too bad Belinda isn't here. It could've made things more fun if we had more people on teams.

LUCY: She's doing the rest of the chores since she decided to skip out on us. I still can't believe she did that.

CONNER: That means I get more map time!

MIN: Whatever, go get your sticks and we'll play. Have the amateurs be goalies since they probably want to use their hands.

Jordania, Erle and Nancy walk off together while Min, Lucy and Darcy walk in the other direction.

JORDANIA (to Nancy): So Nancy, you ever heard of lacrosse.

NANCY: I have but I never played.

JORDANIA: So you know it's like hockey but with butterfly nets.

NANCY: I guess?

Min looks to Jordania's team and they look back to their team. Lucy and Darcy stare back at Min.

MIN: Game plan. Just do as I say and we'll win.

LUCY: I still don't understand the rules.

MIN: Don't let the ball go into the net and stand in front of the net.

LUCY: Um, okay.

Min, Darcy, Jordania, and Erle walk to the middle of the field with lacrosse sticks in hand while Lucy and Nancy guard their respective nets. Jordania and Min face off each other, both glaring at each other. Conner gets up to pick up a small ball hidden behind him and places his map on the stump. He walks towards the field then raises the ball.

CONNER: We ready?

JORDANIA: Yep.

MIN: Sure.

CONNER: Go!

The ball is thrown so far that no one can see it anymore. Min throws their stick to the ground and Jordania groans. Conner's eyes are wide as he realized what he just did.

LUCY: What the hell Conner?!

CONNER: Uh, first one to find the ball wins?

LUCY: This isn't a game of fetch!

CONNER: It is now!

MIN (sighs): I'll go find it.

JORDANIA: Not if I find it first.

MIN: Is that a challenge?

JORDANIA: I don't know, is it?

MIN: Are you going to keep standing around or are you going to go find it?

JORDANIA: After you.

MIN: Oh, wow. I didn't know you were capable of selflessness.

JORDANIA: I wouldn't think you would be capable of sports.

Min and Jordania bicker as they head towards the ball's direction. Erle walks towards Nancy and sits down next to her with an aggravated sigh. Nancy follows his lead and sits down as well, dropping the stick off to her side.

NANCY: I'm still thinking about all the information we got today.

ERLE: It's a lot isn't it?

NANCY: I wish I was there to see it honestly.

ERLE: It happens. We can't be everywhere all at once.

NANCY: Goat Man said he didn't trust the vendor because he was a liar... and the note didn't say to trust an insider of the town but outsider to the community. Do you think...?

ERLE: I'm not sure. It could be a lot of things. Plus he said it was a forgery.

NANCY: What if he was lying?

ERLE: That would make things more complicated.

NANCY: It would be nice to just have another clue...

ERLE: I was thinking of something too. I didn't really like the idea but...

NANCY: What is it?

ERLE: The person the journal was talking about could be one of us.

NANCY: It can't... I mean... I don't want it to be one of us.

ERLE: Belinda was talking about this earlier from what I heard but Min seems to fit the bill of the description pretty nicely don't you think?

NANCY: Why do you think that?

ERLE: They don't know anything about the world that all of us came from and that cryptic talk was pretty weird. That seems like an outsider to the community to me.

NANCY: Aren't you close with Min?

ERLE: I only lent them my book. They're always closed off and there might be a reason for that.

Min and Jordania are loudly arguing as they come back from retrieving the ball. Nancy glances in their direction and her mouth forms a thin line.

NANCY: I can see where you're coming from but I don't like it...

ERLE: I don't like being here either but it is reality.

Min uses their stick as a crutch and Jordania scolds them. They roll their eyes in response before immediately meeting Nancy's gaze. Nancy quickly looks away and touches her glasses absentmindedly.

MIN: What are you sitting around for? We got a game to play.

JORDANIA: You mean you got a game to lose.

MIN: Want to bet on it?

JORDANIA: Ha, sure.

MIN: Be prepared to lose.

JORDANIA: Be prepared to eat your words!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 1 15
This is my way of what i think of the demon realm. Plus, it contains only my OCs. There will be times of crossovers, like UnderTale, or Creepypasta. ...
105 7 24
The Aniceta family has had a rather, peculiar occupation for millennia. Ever wonder who takes care of the occult's more mundane tasks? That is, care...
421 16 10
On the continent of Keltic in the land of Ielos, a young man, born in the burning madness of the world, will wake up each morning to face a new chall...
1 0 1
You might think you know human history, but you've never viewed it From His Perspective.....you like a good laugh, right? In the beginning, there was...