My Brother's Best Friend

By Imaginationzx

#2 In Romance |May 1,2019| #1 In Teen Fiction |May 18,2019| ONLY AND ORIGINAL BOOK!!!! "What are we going to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
AUTHOR'S NOTE/GOODBYE
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 61

99.1K 2.2K 1.3K
By Imaginationzx

Five months later

May came around sooner than I liked. This month meant lots of things. It was Jax's birthday month, our eight month anniversary and the month we would be finding out if he got accepted to John Hopkins university in Baltimore.

I knew this month meant a lot. The decisions we make in our lives is what sets our future.

I would be marrying Jax some day in the future.

As these couple of months flew by past us we decided it was best that whatever the letter said about Jax's college future, that would be what he would do. We argued about this a hundred times before he finally agreed with me.

If he got accepted to John Hopkins he would be going and I'll be staying here. We would work through things the best way we knew how to.

"Good morning." Hunter says, kissing my cheek.

"Morning," I smile. "You look too happy to be going to school."

He smiles as he bites down into an apple. "Marissa's coming back today."

"I know." I smile. "I feel like she's been gone for years."

"She's coming in third period and we're ditching school." He grins.

"Who's ditching school?" My dad walks in and Hunter's face turns pale.

"Huh? What was that? Nothing? Oh okay, bye dad have a good day." Hunter rushes out of the kitchen and runs out of house.

"Marissa's back?" He chuckles, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Yes."

"Have you talked to her since she left?" He wonders.

"Barely," I roll my eyes. "They don't allow phones to the patients only a phone call twice a week. Most of the time she was on the phone with Hunter."

"You think she's better?" He asks.

I shrug, not knowing how to answer him. "I hope so. Her mom said she seems happier."

"Well, I hope everything is okay. Give her my best." He takes his coffee mug and walks out of the kitchen saying his goodbyes.

Grabbing my bag, I walk out the door behind him and get into Jax's car where Hunter was sitting in the front seat.

"That's my seat." I tell him.

"Mine now."

"Morning." I lean over from the back seat and kiss Jax's cheek. "How'd you sleep?" I say, kissing his neck.

"I barely slept actually. A little someone kept me on the phone all night."

"Oh, God please not in front of me." Hunter covers his eyes.

"You see how it feels when you and Marissa have each other's tongues down each other's throats." I tell him as I sit back in my seat.

"At least we're cute while we do it." Hunter jokes.

Jax laughs, looking back at me through the mirror and winks my way. I reach into my pocket and feel as the ring comes in contact with my fingers.

I always have it with me everywhere I go. Although, I couldn't wear it just yet it was a reminder of our love. He was always with me wherever he went.

We got out of the car as we reached school and I smiled widely as my eyes landed on a familiar brunette standing on the stair case of the school.

Her once short hair was to her shoulders now and she smiled big as she saw us.

"Hunter," I call out for him. "Turn around."

He turns around and as he spots Marissa he drops his bag to the floor and runs over to her. Bringing her into his arms he spins her around and hugs her tightly.

Since Marissa left Nick, aside from me, Hunter
was there for her everyday. They got closer by the second and built up a strong relationship.

It was obvious to anyone they had feelings for each other but nothing was official. I was never one to judge for their inevitable feelings. They reminded me too much of Jax and I.

Last we heard of Nick he had left to Florida with his dad, afraid that Marissa would press charges and try to bring him down.

"I thought you weren't coming back until later." I hear Hunter say as we reach them.

"I wanted to surprise you." She grins. She moves away from him and wraps her arms around my body, giving me a big squeeze.

"You look so good." I say to her. She pulls back and kisses my cheek and then goes to Jax to give him a hug. I hand Hunter his bag and we all walk into school together, his arm around Marissa's shoulder.

"So," Jax says as we reach my locker. "How did the rehab life treat you?"

She was terrible for weeks after the incident with Nick. She drowned her pain in alcohol and when she drowned herself deep enough Hunter was there to help her resurface.

The truth came out from beneath her and her mom admitted her to a rehab center to get help. After nearly two months she was finally back.

"It was good," she smiles. "They helped me with so many things not just sobering up. I think getting sober was the easy part for me. The hard part was trying to control the darkness." She stared off into the distance as she spoke, recalling moments in the rehab center.

"I thought I was going insane. I would picture Nick everywhere and think he was after me and for a long time it was like that. I'm just glad to be back and that everything is better." She explains.

"I'm glad you're back, too." Hunter kisses her and his hand travels down her back.

"Okay, okay enough." I roll my eyes. "Now we have to put up with you two not keeping your hands off each other."

"We'll get out of your way, don't worry." Marissa grins. "We're going to the fields out by Oceanside."

"Oh, I love that place." I pout.

"Let's all go." Jax says.

"I can't miss school." I shake my head.

I missed enough days before Marissa left for rehab to help her figure things out and even more days with Jax to "clear our minds" in the back of his car multiple times.

"Come on, what's one day?" Hunter grins.

"Hunter encouraging his sister to skip school?" Jax brings his hand to Hunter's forehead. "No fever, mhm, must be love."

Hunter smacks the back of Jax's head in a swift move and I slap the back of Hunter's head.

"Shut up." Hunter glares at Jax. Marissa's cheeks were tomato hot as she tried hiding her face behind her hair.

"We out?" Jax looks at me.

I scrunch my nose up, debating if I should go with them for the day to the fields. The fields was a beautiful open space covered in flowers and grass.

Every summer Hunter and I would go with Jax and even at times with his family. The days were slowly getting warmer and it seemed like the perfect day to go. The only thing stopping me were my grades.

"Come on, Emma." Marissa insists. "Just for today, it's my first day back in two months I want to spend some time with my best friend."

"And your boyfriend." Jax coughs, clearing his throat.

I giggle, looking at Hunter who was looking away from us and avoiding Marissa's glance at him.

I look up at Jax and he shrugs telling me it's my choice if I wanted to go. Giving in, Marissa squeals and we head out of the school before any teachers could see us.

We drove to a burger joint and got a couple of burgers and drinks to take with us. On the way there with Marissa sitting in the front as Hunter drove Jax's car, Marissa and Hunter had their hands interlocked and she kept sneaking glances his way.

I had my head leaned against Jax's shoulder and took out the ring he had gave me, making sure no one was looking.

"You have it?" Jax whispers in my ear. The radio was on loud enough for no one else to hear us.

I nod and smile to myself as I bring it to my eyes. "It's beautiful."

"Have you told Marissa?" He asks.

"No, I don't want anyone to know yet."

"Why?" He asks.

I stay quiet as Hunter pulls into the parking lot. Getting off of Jax, we make our way to the field with the food in hand and I'm immediately consumed with joy.

"It's better than I remember." Hunter speaks.

There were daisy's all over the place and the grass was freshly cut. I took off my shoes and walked on the grass as we made our way to the center.

The sun was shining bright and there was little to no wind so we were lucky enough to have only sweaters to keep us warm for now.

We sit on the grass and Marissa sits in between Hunter's legs, leaning her back against his chest as she ate her burger.

We sit a good distance from them and Jax immediately brings up the topic of marriage once again.

That was what angered me about him. He wanted things done now and for the world to know our business. While I didn't want anyone to know and thought of all the negative aspects marriage brings.

"So," He continues, chewing on fries. "Are you going to tell me why you don't want Marissa knowing?"

"Jax," I sigh. "You know why."

"I don't." He presses his lips together.

"We're so young." I let out.

"I'm not saying we have to get married right now, Emma. We agreed on waiting a couple of years and I agree with that. I know we are young, we should wait." He explains.

"So why are you complicating things?" I ask.

"I'm not I just question if you even want to marry me." He looks down as he plays with the grass.

"I'm not having second thoughts. Of course I want to marry you." I move closer to him and wrap my arms around his neck. "I just don't want anyone saying shit and disapproving of us."

"I get that." He nods.

"See, you don't have to be upset. It's obvious we're young and people might be thinking we're making a mistake. I don't think so, though." I tell him.

"We were meant to be together." I whisper against his lips.

"We went through a lot leading up to where we are now." He responds.

"Yes, we did." I agree.

We stay in silence, looking into each other's eyes and I smile to myself.

This, this is what I've always wanted. His eyes gazing into mine, making me feel complete and like I'm the only one in the world.

Through the good and the bad we stuck together and learned to love each others flaws. His love was always going to be enough for me and there is no doubt in my mind that we weren't going to be together forever.

He was my one true love and I was his.

My relationship with Alex wasn't nearly as it is with Jax. We never made developments or improvements in ourselves to help our relationship. It was based on lies and cheating.

I deserved more with Alex. I was blinded in that relationship and now I see how pathetic I was by staying with him.

Jax is what I needed all along.

I knew since the day he was in my bedroom the night my mom died that he would make my life a roller coaster...and I'm glad he did because without him, I don't know who I'd be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 29.5K 29
He startled me when his hands gripped my hips pulling me into his body, my hands resting on his warm chest. I looked up to find him staring at me, bu...
8K 340 22
Lauren and Josh are drawn to each other, unexplainably. All they want is to be together, however, they must keep their feelings for each other a secr...
262K 6.8K 29
"This is so wrong ..." Emma breathed out against his lips when he pinned her up against the wall. "Is it?" Alexander echoed, slipping his hands under...
45.3K 746 23
"You won't tell her anything, understand?" He mutters through clenched teeth, squeezing my wrist so hard that my fingertips start to numb. "I have no...