Chapter 46

Marissa, Jax and I were all enjoying the last couple of minutes we had until our lunch would come to an end.

I filled them in on what happened last night with Hunter and my dad and I warned Jax to stay clear of Hunter today. There wasn't anything he could do seeing as they had a game tonight.

"He's not going to try anything tonight it's the first game of the season." Jax assures. "Why would he mess it up to get one okay swing at me?"

Marissa rolls her eyes. "It's his sister, dumbass. He'll jeopardize the game if it means knocking sense into you to stay away from Emma."

"Guys," I sigh. "I don't know, maybe you shouldn't play tonight."

"What?" Jax looks at me. "No offense but your brother along with anyone else isn't going to stop me from playing tonight. You'd have to cut my legs off."

"You can't live in fear of what your brother thinks." Marissa tells me. 

"I'm not in fear," I shrug. "I'm more upset that he would really mess up his friendship with Jax and our relationship just because Jax and I are together."

"At least now I can do this." Jax leans into me and grabs my face, pressing his lips against mine. I move my lips with his, letting our tongues dance around before pulling away.

"Get a room." Marissa scrunches up her nose.

"Oh, hush." I grin. "Acting like you're not like this with Nick."

She giggles, clapping her hands together and smiles widely at us. "Our anniversary is on Friday." 

"How long have you guys been together? Two years is it?" Jax wonders.

"About to make three." She puts three fingers up.

"That's so cute," I pout and look at Jax with my puppy dog eyes. He smiles and wraps his arm around my waist. "What are you guys going to do?"

"He wants to take me out to dinner but I want
to do something different." She leans on her hand, squishing one side of her face. "We went out for dinner last year and the year before."

"Well," Jax says. "Emma and I have a date on Friday. Maybe we can double date?"

"Jax." I smack his chest.

"What?" He rubs on his chest. "What was that for?"

"It's their anniversary, dummy. We can't double date."

"Why not?"

"Because we can't."

"Actually," Marissa sits up. "Maybe we can. Nick and I always do the same thing. This time we can switch things up. I'm sure he won't mind."

"I don't know," I shake my head. "It's a special day for you guys. I don't want to interfere."

"You're not," She shakes my head. "I'm telling you I want you guys to come along. I'll let Nick know and we'll all do something fun."

The sound of the bell made everyone in the lunchroom gather up their things and start heading to the next class.

"I'll see you at the game." Marissa waves us goodbye.

"Bye!" I say loud enough for her to hear me as she walks away.

As Jax and I walked along side each other, he wraps her arm around my neck and kisses my cheek.

"You look beautiful today." He whispers in my ear.

He sends chills down my back making me snuggle into his chest as we walked to class.