Lover 000

By thegirlwithalife

The second book of the 000 Series. Wes and Katherine's journey may seem like it's going towards happiness and... More

000
1 Process
2 Fire
3 Hungry
4 Baggy clothes
5 Dare
6 Overreacting
7 Punches
8 Tipsy
9 Young
10 Slip
11 Luck
13 Pretty Little Liars
14 One Gone
15 Bait
16 Old Times
17 Safe
18 Kennedy
19 Slowly
20 The dinner - Te
21 The dinner - Amo
22 Cupcakes
23 Icy
24 Underland
25 Only one
26 Challenge
27 Spain - Day One
28 Spain - Day Two
29 Spain - Day Three
30 Lifelong
New Book

12 Accidents

24.1K 608 1.9K
By thegirlwithalife

Wes Blue

From the corner of my eye, I can see my cousin repeatedly open and close the laptop in front of him. After the hundredth time of hearing the closing sound, I groan and snatch it away from him. I'm just as mad but I'd rather not break any of my valuables.

"You wanna break it?" I grumble and he just rolls his eyes.

"I'm pissed." He grits through his teeth.

"At me?" Carter asks from beside him, his voice sounding almost scared.

"No, not at you, idiot." Mel shakes his head and leans his elbows on the coffee table.

"Right, Slip." Carter looks around at all of us but doesn't get a reaction. He knows he's right.

"Man, what was in that? I didn't ask for anything but -"

"Of course you didn't." I speak. "Whatever was inside, we never ordered it. C, how much did you pay him?"

"Them." He corrects me and Mel lets out another frustrated groan, his knuckles turning white from how hard he's gripping the table.

"He didn't even show his face. He never does. Who the fuck does he think he is?" Mel says.

"Man, I'm a just a tiny bit glad I've never met the dude." Adeen says as he continues to drink the water in his hand.

"I payed the usual. There was no difference in the price." Carter finally answers my question, ignoring both Mel and Adeen.

"Then what made me pass out? From what I know, weed doesn't do that. And we didn't even have much." I argue.

"Yeah. I got hazy very fast. That doesn't normally happen." Dave says.

Footsteps become audible as Dylan walks down the stairs with the last two bags. He drops them on the floor, right next to the door, and joins the conversation.

"You got any ideas on what was in the blunts yet?" He asks.

"No." Mel looks out of the glass door that leads to my garden, where my mom's flowers are slowly dying from the cold.

"Just a question. When do we leave?" Carter asks.

"Fifteen minutes or so." I check my watch quickly.

"You know what?" Dave says, contemplating his words. "I can't even remember if it tasted or smelled different."

"Do you really think he had something to do with this?" Carter speaks up and I twist the remote control in my hands.

"Isn't he the only one you got in trouble with?" Adeen asks.

"Exactly. Who else would it be?" I scoff and place the remote on the coffee table. "He's a petty little fuck."

"Yeah. He says everything's fine and sorted out and then does shit like this. To what? Prove a point?" Mel rubs his chin.

"What point?" Carter groans. I can see how agitated he's getting, probably because he thinks this is his fault. "Damon made sure to give back all the money that was owed."

"You think it's because of that?" Dylan raises his eyebrow while his eyes are set on his phone.

"He went apeshit during the summer. The thought of him killing me did actually cross my mind." Carter answers.

"Nah. He might be the one in command but I doubt he's murderous." I shake my head.

"It's never too late to start." Mel looks at me. Carter stiffens at his words but I shake my head one more time.

"No. It would ruin his reputation. He never went that far to include himself in that part of the business." I tell them. My friends consider this but I can see it's not really getting to them.

"Look. You guys go back to your homes and stop thinking about this. I'll deal with it. After all, we know he's here." I try to explain and Dave is the first one to nod, but hesitantly.

"Won't you get yourself in problems when -"

"Guys!"

I almost flinch at Dylan's abrupt tone. His eyes are still fastened on the screen of his phone as he eyes something on it.

"What?" Mel asks, looking slightly annoyed that he interrupted him mid sentence.

"Shit." Dylan's eyes go wide and I raise an eyebrow.

"What?" I repeat Mel's question.

"Alex just texted me. She's -"

"Alex texted you?" Dave raises both of his eyebrows, looking beyond surprised.

"Oooh. Hooolaaa." Adeen hoots as Dylan throws daggers with his eyes at him. I smirk at his facial expression which shows how embarrassed he suddenly is.

"She wanna box on you?" Carter wiggles his eyebrows.

"I bet she hits hard." Adeen smirks.

"Shut the fuck up." Dylan mutters before his head snaps to me. "Kat's in the hospital."

"What?" My smirk vanishes in a milisecond and my feet automatically bring me to a standing position.

"She got hit by a car. Alex and Cindy are there with her now. Alex said she called you but you didn't answer." He explains and I instantly reach for my phone. When I open it I see three missed calls from her.

"Shit. I have to go there." I rush over to the kitchen counter where my car keys are laying. My heart starts beating faster at the thought that something has happened to her. I press my phone to my ear as the call reaches out to Alex. She answers in no time and my question is immediate.

"How is she?" My voice seems shaky as I try to manage putting on my shoes at the same time.

"Unconscious." Alex answers and I swear my heart stops in that moment.

As I straighten up, my vision becomes blurry and I stagger to the front until my cousin catches me.

"The doctors say she's alright but she's gotten quite a lot of damage." Alex replies and from what I hear, her voice is laced with quiet sobs.

"Which hospital are you at?"

After Alex gives me all the information I need, I  clumsily fight with my jacket as I try pulling it on. There's an awful flashback happening in my mind as I think about this situation. And unfortunately, that situation is the one where I got the news of Katherine's mom being in a car accident. That same accident caused a long coma.

"Wes, Wes!"

"Blue, hey!" I look up to see Adeen and Mel trying to get my attention. The other boys are behind them, their eyes filled with worry.

"What happened? Is she alright?" Mel asks.

"She's - she's unconscious." I answer with a hard tug at my chest. Holy shit, why do I feel like crying?

"What?" Carter widens his eyes. "Man, we gotta get there now."

"I'll drive, come on." Mel grabs his own car keys and starts to put on his jacket.

"No! You guys have to go back to your homes! Adeen will go with me." I say urgently.

"Are you serious?!" Carter starts to argue with me. "This is serious! We're going, too."

"We'll leave tomorrow." Dave says, already ready to go.

I stare at them for a while before quickly nodding. I don't have the time or the will to fight with them now. If they wanna come, then fine. All I know is that I have to be there as fast as possible. As we all fit in the two cars, we set on the road. My hands grip the steering wheel as tight as possible while I don't save much on the gas. Luckily, there's no police around to see me speeding like this. I honestly don't even give a fuck, as long I reach that hospital.

Holy shit.

My baby.

A breath escapes my lips as I think about that girl. Just the thought that she is hurt and unable to do anything makes me mad as hell. And the worse part is not knowing how is she. If someone told me I would be this worried about Katherine Banner, I'd slam a fist through their face. But now all I want to do is be next to her. I just hope she'll be alright, because I don't know if I'd be able to handle something serious happening.

"Slowly. Park slowly." Adeen tells me as we enter the hospital parking lot. I take a breath and exhale patiently as I park my car. As we exit, I notice my friends eyeing me, paying attention to my behaviour.

The hospital halls are wide, plain and almost terrifying. If I wasn't in this situation, I wouldn't even be in here. At the end of the hallway I see a short girl with big brown hair and I instantly recognize her.

"Cindy!" I speed up and stop in front of her. When she turns around I start to panic and I don't know if it's because I don't like seeing girls cry or because something might've happened while I was driving.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. Relax." I hesitantly wrap my hands around her and she lets out a small sob.

"If I didn't tell her to go, she wouldn't -"

"Cindy." I pull her back and look into her eyes. It sounds to me like she's blaming herself and even though I'm not exactly aware of what has happened, I know it's probably not her fault. "Tell me what happened."

"I-I told her to go g-grab the smoothies and -" She bites her lips and lets out a harsh sob. "She was dizzy all day and I didn't t-think."

"Cindy, it's not your fault." I say quietly. Alex emerges out of a room in that moment and her bloodshot eyes meet mine. She walks over and takes her friend in her hands. She kisses the top of her head before nodding at me.

"Go." She mutters.

Adeen puts his hand on my shoulder and smiles at me weakly before I make my way inside. He follows and I'm more than glad to have him by my side.

The hospital room resembles the one Katherine's mom was in and it sends a shiver down my spine. When my eyes set on the bed, I have to supress all the feelings inside of me. Her hair, being so long, is thrown around the yellow pillow. She looks more than tired, with bags under her circles. She looked like that this morning but I forgot to mention it. But now her eyes are completely closed and her body is still.

You know how in the movies, when a person sees the other one completely immovable, their eyes start to water? Yeah, that happened to me. The moment I stepped inside, an awful pain shot through my body as I saw her laying there.

"Can you manage? I'll give you time." Adeen asks.

Yes, leave before I break down like a pussy, I think. But all I can manage is a small nod, my eyes never leaving the brunette in the bed. As soon as I hear the door shut, my legs slowly make their way to the poor looking bed. Considering how much job they do here, they could invest is some proper sheets.

And mattresses, so they don't creek under a weight, which is exactly what happens when I sit beside Katherine. I flinch at the sound, but make myself comfortable anyway. Very slowly, I turn my head to look at her. Her lips are slightly parted and I wish nothing more than to touch them. She honestly looks like a princess, like that one that fell asleep for a hundred years. What was her name again? Sleeping girl? Something like that.

Without thinking about it, my fingers gently caress her cheek.

I simply don't know what to do, so I just take her in, all of her, and drown myself in her looks, wishing she would open her eyes any moment. I still don't know anything about her condition, but all I hope is that she'll be alright.

Man, I sound like a dumbass. All these feelings are getting to my head. Ah, yes, the feelings.

I can't help but sigh. Even while just laying there, Katherine still manages to have an effect on me, pulling my heart as if it longs to be close to her. I don't know when exactly this started happening but I know I am unable of stopping it. Maybe I'm hallucinating but I know for a fact that I've never felt this in my life. And that shit scares me.

And it especially scares me not knowing if she will be fine.

"How did you get into this accident?" I murmur quietly, more to myself, since she can't hear me. My lips brush the back of her hand, grazing her soft skin.

"I caused it."

I freeze. My eyes lift up only to see a small smile playing on those kissable lips. Katherine's eyes stay closed, but the creases close to her mouth show just how amused she is.

"I never told you to stop." She says lowly, wriggling her hand that is still in my grip.

This girl, I swear.

I press my tongue to the inside of my cheek to keep myself from cursing at her. Despite her playful tone, I doubt she's in a state to argue.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask, still waiting for her eyes to open. But she doesn't try, and instead just shrugs, still keeping that smile on her face.

"Enough to realise you've never kissed my hand like a true gentleman should." She scoffs softly and I roll my eyes. I drop her hand on the mattress, gently, but still noticeable enough to make her pout and open her brown eyes.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Honestly? Horny." She answers and I almost spit out my saliva. "If I was a guy, this sheet would be raised high up."

"Are you on drugs?" My eyes stay widened.

"Probably. It's a hospital, Wessy boy." She grins, while my expression resembles an angry child one. I hate that nickname and somehow my friends find it extremely funny to continue using it.

"I'm just gonna ignore that." I shake my head at her. "What happened? How did this happen?"

She sighs, the smile removing itself from her face. She shifts a little and for a second I think she's going to sit up, but instead she raises her left hand, the one where the needles are, and examines it.

"I think I crossed the street at a red light. I barely remember it. I was feeling drowsy all day." She says and turns her head to look at me.

"Why didn't you stay at home?"

"I don't know." She shrugs again.

"Does anything hurt?"

"Yeah, my ass. Care to make it feel better?"

I press my lips in a tight line as a smirk appears on her face.

"Fine. No massages." She pretends to be disappointed. Then she puckers her lips and I feel my pants tighten. "A kiss?"

Using all my strength not to jump her right there, I lean over and plant a small kiss on her lips. I can see how her eyes gleam as we part.

"I'll go get the boys. I think they wanna see you." I say as I stand up.

"The b- the boys?" She stutters and her body goes rigid. Shit, I probably shouldn't have told her. She'll blame herself for their longer stay here.

"Yeah. They decided to leave tomorrow."

"Because of me?" Her eyebrows shoot up. She starts fiddling with her bracelet and I have to grab her hand to stop her from showing that sign of nervousness.

"They were just worried." I say softly.

"Uh. Okay." She awkwardly nods before taking her hand away from mine.

"I'll go get them now." I tell her and slowly exit the room, coming face to face with her distressed father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 397 35
Will it be Anastasia and Nathaniel against the world? Despite all the odds, they always find their way back to each other and the universe has a funn...
235K 8.8K 68
Sephine Montgomery. She moved to get away. Away from her past where she was someone else. But now she's different. Now she's nice. But that was befor...
36.9K 6.2K 80
Rebecca Vecellio is dying to be a part of the family business, or the gang, The Wolves, but her father is hellbent on making sure she stays out of it...
9.3K 270 19
Sometimes love is more about the learning curves than the fairytale "Happily Ever After". Because often the world shows us how unkind it can be, how...