The Dark Fairy (Young Justice...

By Ivy_Widows

Okay before I talk about me being bad ass, you need to know how this happened and why. The answer is pretty s... More

Chapter 1: I Met Dumbledore (EDITED)
Chapter 2: Wings And An Oversized Hoodie (EDITED)
Chapter 3: Meeting The Bat (EDITED)
Chapter 4: Lasagna And Tears (EDITED)
Chapter 5: Take Me Out (EDITED)
Chapter 6: Elsa Needs Friends (EDITED)
Chapter 7: I Smacked Olaf (EDITED)
Chapter 8: Wally's Aim Sucks (EDITED)
Chapter 9: I Will Telepathically Slap You (EDITED)
Chapter 10: Dynamic Duo Caves (EDITED)
Chapter 11: I'm A Special Little Snowflake (EDITED)
Chapter 12: Post Death Threat (EDITED)
Chapter 13: Me And Captain Marvell Playing Charades
Chapter 14: How Bad Ass This Feels
Chapter 15: I Am A Good Friend
Chapter 16: Tea Cups In A Clock
Chapter 18: April Ball
Chapter 19: Me, Dumbledore And Poker
Chapter 20: A Chance
Chapter 21: Life, Death And Ki-Wait What?!
Chapter 22: Wally Nay Nay
Chapter 23: Choking On Pizza
Chapter 24: Barbara Knows
Chapter 25: Aqualad And Cake
Chapter 26: What? I Read Too.
Chapter 27: Apparently Wally Knows Literature
Chapter 28: That Wasn't So Bad
Chapter 29: Shit's About To Go Down~Barbara Gordon
Chapter 30: Ass Hat Of An Uncle
Chapter 31: Irony Oh Irony
So... Um.. I Got Tagged...
Chapter 32: Soooo...
Chapter 33: Good Talk Dad
Chapter 34: We Really Are Weird
Chapter 35: Aerated Diabetes
Chapter 36: Yeah Pretty Much
Chapter 37: Dora The Exterminator
Chapter 38: Throwing Blades Like Pokémon
Chapter 39: Why Can't I Mind My Own Business?
Chapter 40: Shut Up Mariposa

Chapter 17: Exploding Christmas Roses

1.1K 39 3
By Ivy_Widows

Dick’s P.O.V

Boom!

The whole plant caved in on it’s self and M'gann and I jumped out of the way. I laughed a little at how the idea to blow it up came to mind.

Fae and I, well we were probably two of the youngest Pyro maniacs out there. When I got my first case of crackers for my birthday, she and I went nuts with it. It wasn’t the fact that I hadn’t worked with explosives in the past, but she managed to think of the weirdest ways to use them.

One day she rushed into the manor with a smile. She had watched a movie where petals fell from the sky and decided we had to replicate it.

Five crackers, a fire alarm and a very angry Alfred later, we had managed to replicate it…. Sort of. Instead of normal petals falling from the sky, all of them had caught a light. It was amazing.

It was like orange blazing fireflies surrounded us. It was like the stars had come down and wanted to play. Soon it was over though.

Now it’s a tradition to blow-up Christmas roses on our birthdays. Alfred makes sure to lock his up in the safe when we’re having a birthday to keep them from being blown up.

“Timber.” I said. M’gann was next to me and soon had to get away from the flames. Unfortunately it hadn’t made a beautiful a sight as the Christmas roses, but a blown up plant is a blown up plant.

I saw poison Ivy become enraged as she sent plants our way. M’gann went forward and used her telekinesis to break them apart before they could reach us. Before she could react, a beam shot her out of the sky and I moved back.

Joker stood on the roof with an angry expression.

“Children? Children foiled our plan?” He asked. The other villain with him shot at me and I dodged to the side and moved back.

After that Joker dished out a couple of random synonyms for outrageous and slightly went to the side of not real words. He was about to come after me too, before I recognized one of Fae’s stuns hit him in the side.

She landed in front of me with a smirk on her face. When she spoke she sounded as if she was talking to an old friend.

“Hey Jokey, how’s Gotham been treating ya?” She asked.

I watching absolute wonder as I saw his face turn to pure and untamed fear for the first time. He looked like he was about to scream at the sight of Fae.

“T-Titania?!” He stuttered. He moved back, trying not to look weak but was failing miserably.

“Oh you remembered! I’m guessing you also remembered that little visit?” She said sweetly. The Joker seemed to look at her like she was a spawn of Satan.

I heard her voice in my mind as she summoned her staff, ‘Dick go and help M’gann! I got this covered.’

I nodded and jumped off the now burning building. I saw Miss M slowing getting up.

I quickly made my way to her and helped her up and took her away from the guy who was shooting at us (I forgot his name.)We got away and when Wotan flew into the air, I threw some explosive birdarangs at him. Unfortunately they did nothing.

“Enough!” he shouted and soon I felt his electric current flowing though me. I sunk to the floor. Out of the corner of my vision I saw everyone else in a similar position. Before I knew it Kaldur had put on the helmet of fate.

The funny thing is he didn’t have to do anything, like at all.

Just as I was about to black out from the pain, an object slammed into Wotan and knocked him out of balance. Once I had managed to get my bearings, I saw Titania in full battle mode. She summoned her spell book, staff and had her wings out in full display.

This guy was going down hard.

***

Fae’s P.O.V

Damn clown bit me. And I don’t mean he licked me to get free or anything, his attack move was to actually bite me. Have to say I hadn’t expected that one.

After I tossed him to the side, I looked back to see everyone on the ground with lightning being shot at them. It looked a little like my stun spell, but mine was prettier.

I thought I’d make an entrance and summoned my book and staff. There’s no doubt that with the right tactics I would be able to take on him on without them, but there was more than one reason I wanted to show off.

These guys were a group of villains that liked underestimating us and I think it’s time that they see us for what we are, heroes. They will see me take down this guy, and they will respect us. We aren’t kids anymore, I haven’t been one in years.

But the real reason I did this was a formality. You see, Wotan was a mystic like me. The tradition was that if any mystic were to fight a Titania, that she be welding a weapon and the royal spell book. Not just that, but I wanted my enemy to be sure that he wasn’t fighting just any mystic, he was fighting a queen.

When he regained his balance from my tackle, he looked at me and his eyes widened in surprise, “A Titania? My, my, I thought all of you pesky insects were dead.”

I grinded my teeth at his lack of disrespect. He looked so casual, so carefree. And this my friends, is something that pissed me off greatly.

“I’m afraid not Anddroff.” I spat at him. He seemed to be at ease around me. My guess is that because of my age, I wouldn’t be any problem. If only he knew of my power.

I pointed my staff at him and smiled at he built up his puny shield. If he thinks that’s going to help, he has another thing coming.

I usually don’t use my staff to cast spells because the hazard of summoning my book and my staff has a little bit of a downside. I started to learn hand casting a half a year ago, and haven’t really used my staff for casting too much since then.

Using my staff gives me a direct approach to casting and I don’t have to worry about concentrating on the control of my spell. When I use my spells, the ones with more words are usually more powerful.

I only really used the staff if I wanted to do a big spell because it was easier to focus on the words, rather than the control. I looked at him and knew exactly which spell to use.

Kindra sondalinndo rarre com!” I shouted and soon a large ball of ice started to form at the top of my staff. I saw Wotan’s eyes widen at my words and I knew that he knew he fucked up when he messed with me.

I shot my spell forward and the shield Wotan had seemed as flimsy as a balloon over an open flam. It crashed right through and encased him in dark blue ice. He wouldn’t get out of that anytime soon.

I sighed a little and put away my spell book and staff. I pouted a little at the fact that I was hoping I could have a little fun. I looked down at the ground to see everyone fighting, except Kaldur who had an all too familiar helmet and cape on. That idiot.

The others weren’t really doing very well either and they were struggling. Wally broke his arm, Dick was unarmed, M’gann got Virtigoed, Artemis got hit by a flying Wolf, Connor was fighting a giant monkey and damn Kaldur/Dr Fate just floated there, looking at me.

I was about to fly down till I saw something approach from the horizon. The Justice League. It wasn’t all of them, but quite a few members made an appearance, even Dad.

I saw Joker curse slightly and looked at them with narrowed eyes. The leaguers soon came down and surrounded them.

“It’s over.” Batman said.

Soon all the villains put up their hands. That is, till Joker decided to pull a Kamikaze on us and almost killed us. He set off the Joker spores. I quickly knocked him out with a good punch and was about to test out my new shield spell thing, before Dr. Fate decided he was finally ready to join the party.

“Fear not! Fate has intervened!” He shouted.

Yeah right, the only thing you did was take some lethal gas and absorb it. He finally came down and stared at me.

“Okay dude, I know you like giving me creepy stares, but it’s even worse when you use Aqualad to do it!” I shouted at him. He was starting to get on my nerve.

“What were you thinking?! How could you let him put on the helmet?! Nabu will never release him now.” Wally said solemnly.

As he said the name, my memory kicked in and I stood and gaped at Dr. Fate. All of them looked at me weirdly.

I went towards the golden plated man and put my hand to the helmet. I felt myself grow weak and I was suddenly pulled away to another consciousness.

***

“I was extremely surprised to see you. From what I have gathered, you should be dead. It seems your race still has hope.”

I swerved around at the deep voice and saw an old man, Kaldur and another middle aged man. From the looks of it, the voice came from the latter.

“Nabu, I never thought I’d meet another blood bonded relative. Nice to meet you great-great-great-great… you know what? I have no idea how far back you go but I do know you are my very distant uncle, so surprise?” I said.

In the book that I had been given by Dumbledore, you recall how it held my race’s history? Well Nabu was one of my great grandfather’s brother, making him my uncle, by certain terms. I know that the history of my people is a little weird but bare with me.

I saw the man smile and nod a little. I looked around and saw a dark abise.

“This is your Inner Abise, isn’t it? I must say, being an Anddroff despite your other nature is peculiar.” I stated looking around.

Confused? Let me give you a bit of a back story.

A really really long time ago, my uncle decided that he wanted to do more for the universe, but he was second in line for the throne, so he decided he’d make a difference some other way.

His magic was peculiar indeed, as he was a magic creator. He probably wrote nearly half of the royal spell book. But after a while, he started experimenting with Anddroff magic. It became a large project, and soon he put on a golden helmet and decided to be a guardian for all worlds.

As he got older, he felt it would be best if he stuck around, because his enemies weren’t tiring any time soon. So he did what any normal person would do and bonded his soul to his helmet, enslaving any who wear it to only do good and help the galaxy.

“It is a very unique art. It isn’t as powerful, but the technique and control make up for it. Now, would you like to tell me why you’ve visited young niece?” He asked.

I turned to him with an expressionless face. He may be family, but he was holding my friend’s body captive.

“You know exactly why.” I said, my tone cold. He turned to both Aqualad and the old guy, who both seemed utterly confused.

“I will release the boy, but this is the last time. The next time you will not be able to stop me. I’m only doing this because we share blood, don’t expect it to happen again.” Nabu spoke and soon I was back to spinning.

***

“Earth to Titania!”

I felt the wind of something in front of me and when my vision cleared I saw a hand waving in front of my face. I shook my head and took my hand off of Dr. Fate’s helmet. A couple of seconds later he took the helmet off and Kaldur’s face became visible once more.

Wally ran up to him, “Nabu let you go?”

“He almost did not, but somehow Titania was very convincing.” Kaldur said.

In a second all eyes were on me and I just shuffled out of the way. I didn’t feel like explaining, plus, Where’s the fun in that?

I walked off and found  Wally. Before he could say anything I slapped him in the head.

“Really Wal? How are you going to explain this to your parents?” I said pointing at his arm. He shrugged

“They know, but honestly I doubt they would give it a second thought if I told them I tripped while running too fast.” He said.

I face-palmed and walked away, sometimes I wonder if we actually are related by blood and we don’t know it. Honestly, before the whole Flux thing, I was probably the clumsiest person I knew.

I managed to fall off of some study cabin stairs, three times. I even managed to punch someone in the eye when I wanted to give them a fistbump. I even got good at falling after a while.

You see, a person will always be clumsy, but the real thing you can improve on is reflexes. When I fall I always manage to catch myself and I never end up hurt.

I once even half-summersaulted off the stairs once and managed to use my big school bag as a cushion by quickly sliding it under me as I fell. But those who are normally graceful don’t adapt like that and when they do fall, they get hurt pretty badly.

When Barbara managed to fall off the stairs once, she stretched her ligaments and had to wear a weird hand cast thing for two weeks. Now that I think about it, they probably should have put a railing up on those stairs. Even the teacher fell down once.

I shook my head from the random thoughts and headed to Dick, “Hey, you okay?” I asked.

“Fine, just some minor bruising. We should really head home, it’s already 3 am.” He said looking at his watch. I looked at the others and an idea popped into my head.

“Why don’t we fly? I have semi-super strength and my wings need to be stretched.” I said.

He looked at me with a confused face, “We are in another country, how do you expect us to fly all the way home?”

“You’ll see.” I said with a smirk.

Hegaro!” I shouted and I aimed my hands at Dick and focused hard. I needed to get this right.

Soon a light blue bubble appeared around him and he looked around confused. I knew that I still couldn’t complete the circle yet so I put a hole in the roof of the bubble so that he could see the night sky.

I summoned some battle chains and managed to tie the bubble to my waist.

“Uh, Fae, What exactly are you doing?” He asked. I scoffed.

“It’s not like you could sit on my back, otherwise my wings would slap you in the face. This way you can see the sky and I don’t have to worry about you falling off.” I said.

I summoned my wings and slowly rose into the air. I saw Dick’s face and I already knew he was uneasy about this.

Remember that death wish of a motor bike ride? Yeah, it’s time for payback. Without another word, I rose into the night sky and in a second burst into speed and broke one or two sound barriers.

All I could hear besides my laughter was the high pitched screams of Robin.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

***

Dick’s P.O.V

“Never again.” I huffed and continued to hug the cool pavement ground of our front door step. It had taken us only 20 minutes to get here. We were in a country thousands of miles away and we got here in 20 minutes. And she says my driving is bad.

Fae rolled her eyes and opened the door. After a second I crawled in after her.

I went into my room and collapsed onto my bed in exhaustion. It was really early, but I doubt I would sleep easily tonight. I still had a lot of adrenaline running through my system.

I just stared at the ceiling till I heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.” I absent-mindedly said.

I heard the door open and Fae walking in with two steaming cups of hot chocolate.

“Figured you wouldn’t sleep and neither could I so I brought this.” She said with a smile. She was in her normal form, something I didn’t really see very often, so I was happy to see her familiar smile. She came and sat next to me and handed me my cup as we both stared at the ceiling together. A question drifted past my mind and I asked her.

“Mind telling me why Joker looked like he had seen a banshee when you showed up?” I asked.

“Hey, just because you first saw me at the warehouse, doesn’t mean that was my first mission. I did a couple of small stuff here and there, stopped a robbery or fire. I eventually ended up meeting the Joker at one point and in the end he got a couple of scars and I got a new found hatred for clowns.” She said. I looked at her and her Hazel eyes stared back at me.

We sat in silence for a bit. No one said a word. It was perfect. Times like these, I think of how many things we missed doing over the last couple of years.

Suddenly we were much closer than I remember. She was right in front of me and stared on at me with those amazing warm eyes. I already knew I did, but I knew I loved her at this moment.

We were both so close to one another. I felt myself consciously lean forward and I saw us coming closer. My heart was speeding up and I didn’t really know what to do in this moment.

I lingered a second too late and she realized how close we were and a bright blush covered her cheeks. She seemed flustered and kissed me on the cheek before getting up and heading to the door.

“Goodnight Dick.” She said looking down, and left the room.

The only thought going through my mind was regret of not acting fast enough.

So close.

A/n: Surprise! I updated early. One of my close friends begged me to post and I worked hard to finish it today. I know it's frustrating watching Fae and Dick, but soon it will all change.

Thanks for reading

Lots of love

Ivy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 320 42
M'kay. So you know choose your own adventure books? Basically at the end of each chapter you can comment on a line to vote for choices that will impa...
15.3M 550K 65
"Hey there beautiful, wanna go out sometime?" He asked with a slight smirk. "With you?" I asked in a sweet voice. "Sure thing baby girl" He replied. ...
3.2K 41 16
Derek hale and Jackson Whitmore have a secret, they have a second life as Clark kent and roy harper or is that life before? In beacon Hills there wer...
391 16 84
What if you were a mutant and didn't even know it what if you were with your family and you have an accident what if that accident was the start of t...