Undecided

By reneegaloree

Fresh out of college, Jeannie Marx is in the dumps. Life after college is not at all how she expected, a job... More

Prolouge
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIIII
XV

IX

183 10 75
By reneegaloree

*Keon's POV*

Once I was sure Jeannie was asleep I got dressed in all black. As I slipped on the gloves, memories of me and Shooter played in my mind.
(Flashback)
I sat on my stoop, hot as hell. I don't know what the fuck Harlem had going on but it was hot as a mufucka. I was the tender age of twelve and my father had sent me outside to play. He said my head was going to burst staying cooped up in our brownstone so long.

So for the time being, I sat on my stoop throwing my baseball up in the air and catching it as it fell back down again. I stopped once I heard footsteps approach. Marques, my bestest friend.

I stood up and dapped my boy up, happy to see dude cause I was bored out of my mind. But not on no gay shit tho.

"Wassup Marq? A nigga was bored as fuck without no company here."

Instead of replying with words, he nodded his head.

I spoke up again, "Damn, my nigga. What's on ya mind?"

He smacked his teeth and shook his head side to side, while swinging his arms back and forth. "Man my fucking moms tripping. Her punk ass excuse of a boyfriend told her a lie that I stole outta the Bodega on 1st Avenue. Motherfucker lying."

I shook my head. Marq's mom was always tripping bout dumb shit but I knew my nigga, he ain't have to steal out no fucking bodega. "So what she do?"

"Started saying all this bullshit about how I need to leave and don't take none of the shit she bought with me. She tripping mad hard on a nigga. Now I prolly gotta sleep on the fucking sidewalk."

I raised my head, quickly. "Nigga you know you welcome here! Moms don't mind at all. I'll go ask her right now."

I already knew what the answer to my question was going to be because my moms had a heart of gold. I was back in no time telling him what my mom said and Marq trailed behind me with a huge smile on his face. My brother wasn't gonna be sleeping on any street ever if I had anything to do with it.
()
The vague memory brought a smile to my face. That's what I didn't understand about the situation. I would've given Shooter whatever he asked for right off top just because he was a brother to me. He was my brother and I would never leave him out to dry.

As I slipped into my all black; blue interior 2018 Mercedes-Benz Maybach, the thoughts still rattled my brain. What did Shooter want from me? Did he want food off my plate? The money? The cars? The club? What was it so special that had my own brother about to cross me?

I whipped my car into the parking space beside Shooter's 2019 Lexus Coupe. I turned the car off and grabbed my glock because I knew Shooter and he lived up to his name. He was a shooter for sure and he wouldn't hesitate to blow especially at somebody pulling up to his crib this late.

I wasn't scared of shit so I walked right up to his door and knocked twice loudly, overlooking the doorbell. I rubbed my hands together, since Colorado was starting to get a little chilly since it was entering the month of October.

A few seconds later, Shooter snatched the door open. "Damn, why you here so late? Who died?"

Shooter had a comedic aura around him but I wasn't in the mood to joke around with this nigga. I needed answers and I needed them now before I started spazzing. He let me in and went to the back, I guess to put a better shirt on. I didn't give a fuck at this point and he better be glad I was the new me instead of the old me because if I had any indication of snake shit going on in the past we would've been in a shootout right now. Shooter was my brother and I at least had to get some answers before I did something I would regret later.

He came from the back once again, putting his glock back into the safe.

"How niggas got a safe for ya gun?"

He chuckled before answering. "I bought it. You know I shoot first and ask niggas questions later. I don't trust myself."

Usually I would've laughed at that line but not now. I didn't know if he was talking about me or not. "Yo, shoot."

"Wassup?" He wasn't paying attention to me, deep in whatever was on his phone.

"Yo, shoot. I need your attention man."

He looked up at me and locked his phone, putting his elbows on his knees. "What's happening, B?"

"Don't lie to me man."

By now I pulled my gun out. I sat it on the table. He looked up at me, stunned. "Yo why the fuck you pulling ya gun out like you gone use that motherfucker?", he snarled at me.

"Why you came to my crib and told my girl I sent you? Then you had a fucking gun in ya hand on some sneaky shit? Why you lie to me and Bully saying you was somewhere else?"

He stood up and raised his hands. "Yo, East."

"Don't fucking call me that! Answer my fucking questions. You always got some negative shit to say about Jeannie and now it's this shit. What the fuck you on, Shoot?"

"Nigga I know you ain't coming here questioning me about some lil bitch! Nigga I'm looking out for you!"

My blood was boiling now. I grabbed my gun from the table and pointed it right in the middle of his eyes. He whipped one out of the side of his couch at me. "Don't call her no fucking bitch."

We both stood in the middle of his Airbnb, guns drawn. Shooter had what looked like tears welling in his eyes. "Damn, Keon. It's like that? We fucking brothers nigga."

I dropped my gun and tucked it. "Nah, fuck that. You couldn't even answer me."

"Nigga, I said I'm helping you!"

"How?!"

He just looked back at me, not a word exiting his lips.

"Man that's what I thought."

I walked out the door, and closed it behind me. I sat in my car for thirty seconds before I crank up. Shooter let me walk away this time and I let him live to see another day. This shit wasn't nowhere near over. It was war now.
~

I was uber stressed today and the only way to calm all of it down was to take a steaming shower. That shower turned into me not only showering for hella long but doing my natural hair routine as well as my skin cleansing routine. I felt refreshed but there was still sadness surrounding me.

Keon and I barely talked since he just left and I was really mad about him leaving without telling me so I decided to make him suffer. Plus, I still had Elli since Javi hadn't made it back yet. But worst of all, Tiana was missing.

Since we became bestfriends many many years ago, we never went more than two full days without communication and this was so hard. It was going on fourteen days. Two weeks. I even texted Kevin but to no avail.

I had made my mind up that this was it and I was doing a pop up at her home.

I got dressed in a something simple but comfortable in case I needed to move around. I threw my hair in a messy bun, leaving down curls here and there.

"Elli! We're about to go see Tiana. I know you wanna play with the twins."

She ran from Keon's guest room with this crazy outfit on. I laughed out loud but didn't force her to change since we were only going one place and nowhere important.

I turned into Tiana's neighborhood and admired the huge houses. They were so nice over in this area. I pulled up to her gateman and smiled at how friendly he was. I unbuckled Elli and walked her to the front door and rung the doorbell.

Tiana opened the door and my mouth dropped. This was not my bestfriend.

Her usual flawless weave was thrown in a bonnet, a black bonnet, which Tiana never ever wore. They were too plain for her. She had no makeup on and heavy bags under her eyes. Her eyes were so sad and empty. She moved aside, letting me in.

"Hey, Elli. I'm sorry, baby. The twins aren't here. They're with their grandma."

Elli's face went into a pout before Tiana spoke up again. "But you can go upstairs and play in their room if you want to sweetie."

Elli had one time to hear that and she took off running, ready to indulge in the overly expensive toys the twins owned. I placed my phone down and pulled Tiana into a hug.

"What is wrong with you, Ti?"

She shook her head no but no words came out. "It's nothing, Jeannie. I'm just a little stressed right now."

"If you're stressed then it's something. C'mon Ti, I know you. You wouldn't be looking nor acting like this if something wasn't wrong."

She looked strangely at me and led me to their downstairs bathroom. Sprawled across the floor were at least twenty ClearBlue pregnancy tests. "You're pregnant?"

I immediately lightened up because I loved when Ti had babies. Her baby showers were so much fun. I looked over at her and saw she didn't have the same glowing look she usually did.

"Unfortunately."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Jeannie, my marriage is falling apart."

We heard a door slam and footsteps approach. I assumed it was Kevin because I hadn't seen him yet and I was right. He peered over the opening of the door and a smile spread across his face.

"Hello, Jeannie. Hey baby. I didn't know Jeannie was supposed to stop by."

"Tiana didn't know either. I decided to surprise her because she's been avoiding me."

"Oh, that's okay then. The kids are back. Ti, come upstairs with me."

She reluctantly followed behind him and I walked out into their living room to see my two of my three god children sitting down obediently.

She had four-year-old twins; Zyah and Zayah, and a nine-month-old son Zyaree.

I assumed Kevin had taken Zyaree upstairs. I called Elli down to play with the twins, since that's why she was so excited to come anyway.

I laughed and giggled at the girls as they played. They reminded me of my childhood and how good and easy it was to be a kid.

Ten minutes later, Tiana made her way back downstairs.

"Jeannie, can you come over another time?"

"What? I just got here."

She closed her eyes and blew her breath out. "Jeannie please don't fight on me this. I'll call you later."

I gulped and stood up grabbing Elli's hand. I felt some type of way about her asking me to leave so suddenly but this was her house and I had no control over that. "Sure."

She trailed behind me to the door and opened it. "Annie, please don't be mad. It's just a lot right now."

"Okay."

I didn't want to say too much because Elli was right here and the twins were in the living room and our arguments could get pretty nasty. As I buckled Elli into my car, I thought about what she could be hiding from me and why wouldn't she tell me? I tell her everything about my life so what was her problem?

"TiTi Jeannie, can we go to the zoo?"

I looked back at her in the rearview mirror and smiled. "Sure, but you gotta go change first girl because that outfit is busted."

We both laughed out loud after she stuck her tongue out. All the other drama in my life had to be put on the back burner because me and my niece needed some serious bonding time.

*Javi's POV*

"I told you I was strong nigga. I'm hardbody."

Me and Herb,which I now called him, had a bet going that if I moved all of his luggage by myself without asking for his help he would buy me a Chanel purse. I wanted that Chanel cause I sure did it.

"Aight, aight. I'll give you that." He smiled showing off all 32's. He really was handsome and I loved the way his body towered over mine.

We got off of the elevator and headed to his suite. Herb decided to stay a few more days in Colorado and make a few more appearances at club and also spend more time with me.

Once we made it in, he immediately took the luggage and began putting it up himself. I hopped on the counter and scrolled through my phone on Instagram. I rolled my eyes as Jeannie's story popped up because I knew once I got back to her apartment she would have an attitude. I didn't care because sister or not, I wouldn't hesitate to whoop her ass.

Herb rounded the corner with a Bel-aire bottle in his hand. He poured me a glass and then poured himself one.

I laughed at how he drank the liquor with his pinky up. This nigga was a fucking character.

"So, what you bout to get into? You wanna stay over here while I go to the studio?"

I sighed. As much as I wanted to, my motherly duties came first and I knew by now my daughter was wondering why I wasn't home. "I wish I could but I have to get back to Elli."

"Awww man that's too bad. I was hoping we could have a movie night."

"Maybe, some other time."

He smiled and pecked my lips quickly. "I'll like that. So, when you wanna leave?"

"Um, can we leave now?"

He laughed and helped me down off the counter as I ran to get my clothes from last night and stuff them in my purse along with my charger. I met him back out in the front area of his suite and while on the elevator I decided to text Jeannie letting her know I was on my way to her house.

Me: I'm otw home.
SistaGal: Cool but me and ElliJay aren't there. We went to the zoo.
Me: how am I supposed to get in
SistaGal: I'm an adult I have a spare key. Check under the mat.

I rolled my eyes because I knew the use of that adult word was a dig at me.

"You good shorty?"

I rolled my eyes and looked at him because I was irritated but I wasn't about to badmouth my sister to him. "I'm good just tired."

The ride from Herb's suite was quick and he pulled in front of Jeannie's place in no time. He wanted to walk to me to the door but I declined because I knew he was on a tight schedule and every little moment counts.

As Jeannie said, the spare key was under the mat and I used the key to key in. I looked around and saw they hadn't made it back yet so I slipped off my shoes, plugged my phone up to charge and went to sleep.

Time went by and I felt somebody standing over me.

"Mommy! I had soooooo much fun!" Elli jumped up and down clapping so she was out of breath.

"Ok, okay. Calm down before you hurt yourself. I'm glad you had fun. Where TiTi Jeannie?"

"She's in her room on the phone with Uncle Keon. He came to the zoo with us. He said I have a little cousin, her name is Kairi. I've never had a cousin before mommy!"

Cousin? Uncle Keon? I know I joked about Jeannie and Keon playing that role but I didn't know she took it literally. But she's talking shit about me moving too fast. I know I said it wasn't my business but that was my little sister and I was going to look out for her period.

I calmed Elli down by fixing her, her favorite juice and turning Minnie's Bowtique on for her. Once I saw she was settled, I made my way to Jeannie's room.

Not bothering to knock, I stormed in her room and saw she was on FaceTime as usual with Keon.

"We needa talk."

"Okay, I was just getting off the phone."

"Hey Javi!," Keon said.

I just did a fake smile and waved my hand as Jeannie turned the phone towards me.

"I thought y'all weren't talking at the moment."

She got up from the bed and put her purse on the back of her closet door. "Obviously we talked it out. You're not going to address the elephant in the room?"

I folded my arms across my chest. "What's that?"

"Why did you decide at the last minute that you wanted to stay the night with him? You have a daughter, you can't just decide that."

"First of all, yes I can. You're her aunt. You can watch her for a few more hours if need be. I've helped you when I didn't have to."

"But it wasn't just a few more hours! It turned into damn near the whole day!"

"I didn't ask you to take her to the zoo, you took her because you wanted to. Oh yeah, Elli said she went with you and Uncle Keon and she was going to meet her cousin Kiari. So what, you a stepmother now?"

She scoffed and looked at me. "It's not that deep."

"Yes it is if Elli is coming to me considering them her family members. Look, Annie you're moving way too fast. You need to slow down. This guy is way older than you and you are very naive to a lot of things. He has a baby mother. You're crazy if you think he has let go all hope with her."

She laughed out loud and threw her head back. "Me?! I'm moving too fast? You knew James for three weeks before he moved in with you and started babysitting your daughter. The guy before that and oh let's not forget the guy before him too! You always try to give me advice because I'm so "naive" but what about you? You're an irresponsible parent and you act like a kid and you know it!"

I was livid. I walked to her and put my hand in the middle of her forehead before she slapped it away. "Girl, don't ever insult my fucking parenting. I bust my fucking ass for my daughter. You're not perfect or holier than thou. You let mom and dad hype your head up way too much because everyone knows you fuck up just like everyone else! When Keon leaves your dumb ass high and dry don't come running to me."

Once again I lifted my hand to her face and she used both of her hands to push it down. "Get your fucking hands out of my face! That's the only thing you can say! I don't think I'm perfect and mom and dad are NOT out to get you. You're just a hot mess and you know it, Javi. Get your fucking shit together."

I slapped her right across her face. She stood there holding her cheek, with tears welling in her eyes. "Fuck you!"

She walked around me and grabbed her purse and keys.

"Yeah, running off to Keon as usual! I can't wait until he beats your ass or fucks another bitch so you can open your fucking eyes!", I yelled after her.

After I heard the slam of the door, tears rolled down my face. I brushed them away. I knew I was a fuck up but it hurt hearing it from my sister and it hurt me to put my hands on my sister.

I walked out of her room to the guest room and saw Elli was fast asleep. I was grateful that she hadn't heard any of that. I took advantage of Elli's slumber and cried softly, letting my emotions run free.
~

*Keon's POV*

"I can't believe she fucking hit me."

For the past hour, Jeannie had been over here telling me about what happened with her sister over and over.

I don't get into family's business so I decided not to say anything but encouraging words. "Baby, she was just upset. Y'all both said some fucked up shit."

She gave me a death glare and I had to contain my laughter. She had already admitted she went too hard on her sister. "Yeah, I know but she didn't have to fucking hit me. I was just defending us because I'm sick of all the shit I get from her about you. Like okay I know I've only been on one real date with you  and we're already together and yes I know I don't have a job in my career field. She always has negative ass shit to say to me and about me like all of her shit is together."

I decided against saying anything right off and took a sip of my drink instead. She lowered the ice pack off of her face revealing a red mark. Damn, Javi wasn't playing with her. "Sheesh, babe look at your face."

"Yeah, I know."

"Why you ain't hit her back?"

"One, because she's my sister and I don't want to hurt her or physically fight her. Two, because my niece was there and I don't want her in that violent environment at all."

I nodded my head in understanding. "Understandable."

She once again lowered the ice pack. "Okay, just say it."

"Not my business."

"I want your opinion."

"I think the reason you went so hard on your sister is because you're used to being the child who has it all together and now you're not. You see Javi with a new boyfriend, someone who can help her out, and also she just got a new job and is moving back. You feel underachieved."

From the look on her face, I could tell my observation was correct. "Damn, don't drag my life like that."

We both chuckled at her funny remark as we got comfortable in bed. We focused our eyes on the T.V. that was playing the OWN network. As she laid on my chest and rested, I played with her hair and thought about us. What role did Jeannie play in Shooter's plan? Why was he so concerned with her? I sighed deeply as I thought about Shooter's retaliation. I knew him and I knew he cut deep but I knew he would never do anything to hurt my family or much worse, my daughter. Or would he?

I sighed again, feeling uneasy about it. "Baby, are you okay? You've been jumpy all day. What's up with you?", Jeannie questioned. Her eyes got even more slanted with the worried expression she held on her face.

I shook my head and sat up more. "Nothing, just feeling uneasy about this whole situation."

"What situation?"

I looked down and played with my fingers. "Nothing, can we change the subject?"

She stared at me for a few more seconds but took the hint. "I went to go see Tiana today."

"Oh yeah? How was it?"

"It was so weird. She wasn't herself at all. I think her and Kevin are having marital problems and the last thing I want to do is get in the middle of that. She's pregnant, too. I want her to be as stress-free as possible. That's why, next week, I want to keep the kids for her and let her have a weekend off. After, my first week at work though."

I nodded my head in encouragement, trying not to let my mood put a damper on her attitude. "I'm proud of you, ma. Always tryna help people and shit. I hope your week at work be good too."

"Oh it will be."

I smiled and I was genuinely happy that the board of education job finally fell through. With so much going on, my protective instincts definitely snapped into action and I wanted nothing more than for Jeannie to be at home under supervision. However, Jeannie was very adamant about doing stuff for herself. She was very clear that she had a degree and no man was going to spoil her when she could do it herself and anything I did was extra.

She laid back down on my chest, using the tips of her finger to do swirls on my stomach. "I'm going to apologize to Javi, but not now. I agree with what you said but I meant what I said to her. She's too careless with her life."

I nodded, even though I knew she couldn't see me. "Speak your peace baby."

For a moment things were silent between us and I laid my head back against my headboard when I felt Jeannie's hands down my pants."

I opened my eyes quickly to see Jeannie staring at me, all while stroking me. "Baby."

My voice was cut off as she put her hand against my mouth, silencing me. "Shhhhh." She placed her index fingers to her lips.

She took me whole into her mouth and I moaned, while leaning my head back. "Fuck."

*Paige's POV*

"Ma! Can you stop taking pictures of stuff now? I wanna go back to the hotel room and play FortNite."

I looked back and laughed at my son, Zeus, as he threw a mini tantrum. My baby had turned ten and I took him to L.A. to celebrate since his school was on fall break.

I put my phone away and threw my arm around his shoulder. "Okay, little one. We can go back to the room now." I ruffled his hair and kissed the top of his head.

"I'm not little anymore."

I looked at him, because it was true. He was growing so tall, he was to my shoulders now. He didn't want me to walk him to the bus stop anymore or fix his lunch for him. He would always say 'Ma I got it.' And worse of all, he was in the double digits now. Ten years of being a mommy wow. My eyes watered as I processed all of this.

"You'll always be my baby."

We made our way to the hotel and up to our room. As soon as we got into our suite , I went to shower while he hopped on the game quickly. When I got out I made him shower and I ordered us food service. I turned the t.v. to Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta trying to catch up on the messiness from the Atlanta crew.

I was just settling my body when a call came to my phone.

Lea.

I rolled my eyes at her name and answered it.

Hello?

Damn, cousin. Long time no hear.

Lea, what you want?

I want you to stick to the plan.

I didn't let her finish as I pressed the red button, ending the call.

I went to my contacts and blocked her number along with Lucas' and the jail number in case he decided to get himself thrown into jail again.

I felt horrible for what I did to Jeannie and wish there was some way I could explain all of this to her but I knew that was impossible. I had betrayed her and I deserved for her to never talk to me again. I didn't think they would go as far as they did. When I learned what Lucas had done to her, I got sick to my stomach.

I had participated in something so horrible and I wanted nothing to do with any of them. I just wanted to move on with my life and place the stupid plans with Lea and Lucas behind me.

"Mama, I'm out."

"Okay, babe. The room service should be here in a little bit. Could you go downstairs and get some ice for the drinks?"

Like the obedient child my baby was, he didn't hesitate to leave and do what I asked. I made sure the door wasn't locked so it wouldn't be difficult for him to get back into our suite.

The room service arrived and I set our food out and sat down to wait for Zeus.

Minutes had passed by and he still didn't show up.

Omniscient
Paige walked out of the suite, tying her robe around her. She didn't know what to think. Did he meet a new friend and get caught up, she thought. She didn't know what it was but she knew once she got her hands on him she was gonna let him have it for making her worry. Birthday or no birthday.

She walked down the carpeted hallway until she saw the stairs that led to the Ice/Vending room. She scurried down the steps and pushed open the door.

"Zeus, you were supposed to come straight here and straight back."

She was surprised to not see her son standing there right away but looked closely and saw legs sticking out from behind the vending machine farthest to the wall.

The legs belonged to Zeus. She rushed to him and her legs buckled at the sight in front of her.

A quarter-sized hole was in her son's forehead. Her baby. Her baby who she had fed from her body, who she had taken care of by herself, the only person she had in this word.

His eyes were open but no life was present in them. As the memories rushed to her head all at once, she let out a bloodcurdling scream.

She noticed the note that lay beside her son's body and fury ran through her veins. She pressed her lips against his forehead, kissing the hole gently.

See how easy it was to do this? It would've been even easier to kill them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 13.4K 46
Growing up in the hood isn't easy . Murders , shootouts , drugs , prostitutes and dope boys are normal . Imagine being sucked in the gritty at just s...
195K 6.1K 39
Just read PLEASE DONT BE GHOST READERS VOTE COMMENT THANK U
1.3M 27.1K 54
Jaeson Davis and his girlfriend, Jayda Johnson have been dating each other for some time now. Jayda finds out he's been sleeping with her best friend...
45.4K 1.3K 13
Celestine is a 24-year-old who lives with her boyfriend, Nikko. For almost a decade, Celestine has been Nikko's ride or die chick, she indulges in hi...