Bird by the Window (Young Jus...

De onetwothreewriting

(Nightwing x OC) (Young Justice Fanfiction) My name is Calypso, and I'm not a good girl. My father is Harvey... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Official Art and Official Costume Design
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N
Chapter X
Chapter 14
A/N
PROLOGUE

Chapter 3

1.9K 27 38
De onetwothreewriting

About school not being hell? I'm still sticking to it.

For one thing, from Monday to Tuesday, September 1-2, we just had orientation. It was as boring as ever.

It's just rules and regulations, blah blah blah. Topics for the entire year and all that stuff. Time, names of teachers and rules and regulations and... Wait. Sorry, I mentioned that already.

The only exciting thing that happened were the tryouts, nominations for class officers and the signing up for clubs and sports. The thing is, I didn't try for sports. I know what you're thinking now, You're so athletic, why don't you try?

First of all, if I did tryout, it wouldn't be trying. I would probably outshine the entire team. No, I'm not bragging. Uncle taught me how to be at the top of my game all the time. And that came with being the best at everything.

Track? Swimming? Volleyball? Basketball? Cheerleading? (Ew) Taekwondo? Karate? Aikido? Escrima? I know how to do those and more.

Anyway, for clubs, I decided to join the Gotham Academy Math Society.

No. I'm not a nerd.

It's just that I'm not that (note the that's) good at singing, or dancing, or playing an instrument, if acting, or drawing, or writing, or planting, or debating, or constructing things, or blowing up things or.... You get the point. And I did say that good.

The Math club was the easiest to get into. Is not only for those who are mathematically enlightened, it could be for those who want to excel.

And besides, Dick was joining too.

Not that it mattered, I just wanted someone with me when I join. It's hard being alone in a club.

On Tuesday we had the nominations for class officers.

The first nomination went like this:

"I NOMINATE DICK AND CALYPSO FOR PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT RESPECTIVELY."

And apparently the entire class agreed with that.

There were other nominations for class P and VP, but I think we'll probably win.

As for secretary and treasurer.... I don't remember anyone besides Barbara, who was nominated for secretary.

Oh, I almost forgot. For the past two days, every time we go out and eat lunch not something, lots of girls would come to our table. They'd bat their fake lashes and always tuck their hair behind their ear and try to look pretty. And I'm just there like, Damn you all, you're sophomores, juniors and seniors. Find someone in your own age group sluts! But of course, there are freshmen too. They'd flirt with Dick, and much to my annoyance, either glare at me or make fun of me or think I was invisible.

Dick would always try to defend me but, I always tell him "Don't protect me Dick," and say to the girls, "You're the people who need the protection. Seems like you all can't defend yourselves. Can you?"

And then they'd look baffled and annoyed at the same time. They'd walk away and mouth call me.

That's stupid. They didn't tell him their name (usually) or their number. (Most of the time).

But I had fun.

On Monday after school, Dad told me that my skills would be put to the test.

I wondered what that meant.

On Tuesday afternoon, 5:00, I've just gotten home from school when Dad called me to his office.

I walked into it. It has walls painted the shade of evergreen trees, the celling white and the floor black. There was a painting hanging on the half of the back wall, (since the other half was a window, (interesting design. I don't know why it's like that.) it depicted something like the the star that appeared over the nativity of Jesus, only harsher. In front of the right and left walls were black shelves, full of books and God knows what those gadgets are. In the middle stood his glass desk. On top of that were Newton balls, a lamp and his computer. In front if the desk was a chair made if glass.

Now don't ask me how it doesn't break even if fat businessmen walk into the house and sit in that chair. It just doesn't.

I sat on that chair. "Hey Dad."

"Afternoon Calypso. How was school?"

"Fine dad. It was fine and boring. I don't need to go into details."

"Okay. So. It's my turn to talk."

"About what?" I leaned forward.

"About the thing I need you to do for me."

"Thing I need to.... Right." I remember what he said when he adopted me.

He turns his computer. "You know I adopted you, gave you shelter and made Slade train you correct?"

"Yes."

"That training will be used starting today."

"Wait. Like today as in, today today?"

"Yes. Today. September 2."

"Ah. Okay."

A hologram was projected from the screen.

"As you may or may not know, " said Dad. "I am part of an organization called the Light."

"Is that like a business, charity or...." I said just to make him think I didn't accidentally hack into his top secret files when Uncle was teaching me how to hack.

"It's a top secret society of select individuals that have multiple connections, high publicity, riches and the like, also with only one goal in mind, to bring the Light to the world."

"Title in the goal. That's new."

"Calypso, stop with the comments." He sighed. "Anyway, it is composed of yours truly," there was a hologram picture of him on the screen. "Ocean master." A picture of a man with a weird helmet that's like a crumpled piece of purple-ish blue-ish paper with red eyes and blue fins on the top and both sides. "Queen Bee." A picture appeared of a woman with milk chocolate skin. A yellow crown/tiara with a bee in the center in her raven hair. She had hard brown eyes and she had a grey dress on that made we look more like a bee. "Klarion the Witch Boy." He had really really pale skin, a face of a brat with this wide unnatural smile and his eyes were a dark red that almost looked black. He had a tux on. The most noticeable thing about him was his hair. It was raven with two points sticking up above him. "Raj Al Ghul."

"SO ITS TRUE YOU WORK WITH RAJ AL GHUL!" I exclaimed as the picture of him came up. Half of his hair was grey and the upper part was brown. It was styled like Klarion's, just not as pointy. Only slightly pointy. He had a thin mustache that grew until the bottom of his face, a long thin beard. He had this Asian armor and robes on.

"How do you know about Raj?" Asked Dad.

Whoops. "Um.... While Slade was teaching me how to hack I...." I started. "Hacked your files." I said quickly.

"I was expecting that. With your Pandora like curiosity."

"Erm... You're working with Raj! That's really cool. I mean like he's like so.... OMG."

"Well, going back." He said. "It is also composed of The Brain," a picture of this black cylindrical robot with a glass dome in top of its head with a huge brain inside. "And the one who started it all, Vandal Savage." A picture showed of the most intimidating face I've ever seen. (Second to Batman of course) he had shoulder length black hair and sideburns. He had cold dark eyes and a cruel smile. He had this horrible scar across his face. Three claw marks across his face. He was wearing this blue uniform on.

"That's.... Wow. Vandal Savage. He. Formed the Light. The Light. Consisting of the most influential people on the planet."

Lex smiled. "Knowing this. You will do what I asked you to do. You will work with us to fulfill our goal."

"To do what?"

"To will work to infiltrate and pass information from the Justice League."

"WHAT?!?" I good up from the chair. "DAD I KNOW IM GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD AGAINST EXPERIENCED AND STRONG AND-" I started pacing and ranting about how this will never work.

Dad held up a hand. "Let me finish." I stopped pacing. He removed the pictures of the board of Light members. "You will get information through joining the Team."

"What team?"

"The Team."

"Oh great. That clears everything up."

"The Team." He stated loudly. "Is another secret organization made by the JLA. It is composed of six young heroes. Remember July 4?"

"The day four sidekicks entered the hall of Justice and one walked out."

"Correct." He said. "The three that stayed are the three primary members of the team." He showed me a shot of the three at the hall of Justice. The picture disappeared. "Namely, Aqualad," He showed me a picture of an African American boy at about sixteen who wasn't exactly African American, he had gills on the side of his neck, meaning he was a fish boy or I'm other words, an Atlantean. "Aqualad has hydrokenisis. The power over water. He can fashion them into blades and other things that can cause damage, such as a serpent. He is also strong and has very thick skin."

Several pictures flashed, an image of a sea serpent made of water, a whirlpool and whips and blades.

"What's his weakness?" I asked.

"Heat. Atlanteans cannot stand extreme temperatures." He said easily. "Next, Kid Flash." A picture showed, a red haired boy about 15 or 16 with a funny looking yellow mask with lightning bolts on either side, red goggles were planted on his forehead. It covered his entire face except for his lower face, top of his nose and mouth and green eyes and hair. The mask extended until

The start of his suit. He had a yellow top with a red lightning bolt with a smaller white circle behind it. He had red pants and yellow boots. He also had red gloves on. "He possesses super speed, although slower than the Flash, but as fast or slightly faster than the speed of sound." Pictures flashed of him running and fighting.

"Weakness?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Unknown. But he is human. Lastly. Robin."

This guy reminded me of someone, but I can't put a finger on who. He looked about thirteen or fourteen. He had a black mask on with white one way lenses, messy raven hair, a red top (I suppose is long necked as well) with black sleeves. The top had a black line running through the middle with yellow straps at around two to three inch intervals. There was a yellow R inside a black circle on his left chest. He had a black cape that started from the half of his neck (clasp is like a yellow circle) until just above his ankle. with yellow inside and yellow lining the edges. He had a yellow utility belt. He had black pants with red patches where the pockets are supposed to be. He had black boots on. "He is a ninja. Literally. He can move like one. Fight like one and act like one. He is definitely human, so you can probably take him one on one." There were pictures of him throwing these red and silver projectiles, fighting with escrima sticks, (for the record, it's not my forte, but I'm good enough at it.) kicking but using his martial arts skills.

"Aquaman's, Flash's and Batman's sidekicks." I said, thoroughly amazed.

"Correct." Said Dad. "And on the same day, a new member joined. His name, is Superboy." A picture of a boy of sixteen, raven hair, blue eyes and a black Superman T-shirt with the red crest. He had cargo pants on with brown combat boots. "He is the clone of Superman."

"SAY WHAT?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes. He is." He said calmly. "The three sidekicks went into project Cadmus. The project under my control. Cadmus, the three story building..."

"The ex-three story building." I corrected him. "It was destroyed right?"

"Right. The building was a cover for the real Cadmus. The real Cadmus takes place underground."

"Woah. Like underground, not basement underground?"

"Several, a lot, many, sub levels under." He showed me Superboy, this time in a white body suit with red crest, inside a pod labeled Kr. "On sub level 52, is where he was created."

"For how long?"

"Sixteen weeks."

"What? So a dude aged like a year a week?"

"Yes. Pay attention." He said impatiently. "Anyway, they got him out and Dr. Desmond, ex-manager or head of Cadmus, took in the Blockbuster serum and he turned into well, a mindless beast. Named Blockbuster. They defeated him, the the JLA came and thus forming the team."

"Interesting."

"He is Kryptonian, or at least half Kryptonian."

"Why half?"

"He does not possess full powers of a Kryptonian." He looked like he was holding back something. "But he does have his weaknesses, a really strong hit would hurt him, emphasis on really. And of course...." Dad's eyes glinted murderously. "Kryptonite."

I remember those times he used Kryptonite many times against Superman, or at least, secretly against Superman. The superhero almost died.

"Next is Ms. Martian." A picture of a sixteen year old girl with red hair and green skin. She had warm brown eyes. She had a full on black body suit with a blue cloak at the back. There was a red x over her entire torso and a band of red across her hips. Another picture flashed and it was the same girl, but with a white shirt with the same red X. A blue belt with a yellow circle over a blue skirt. She had the same cloak, but shorter and she had, where those heels? At least one or two inch blue heels. "She possesses telekinesis, telepathy, shape shifting and all other Martian powers." Pictures flashed of her controlling, brain blasting and etc. "Weakness? Fire. All Martians don't work well with fire. Oh and, she is the protege of the Martian Manhunter."

"Ah. That's something I should remember."

"And last, Artemis." A picture of a sixteen or fifteen. Her mask was like Kid Flash's except green. She had grey or brown (hard to tell with the picture.) eyes and really long blond hair. She had a sleeveless green top that reaches until her waist, it had a sort of arrow symbol in the center. She had a black until try belt and green pants. She had a green quiver strapped to her back with arrows that had green tails and black shafts. She also held a green bow. She wore black still tipped combat boots. "Protege of Green Arrow, she can use that bow very well. It has many functions, such as foam, explosive, tracking and the like."

"Weak-" I started.

"She is human. That's all I have to say about her weakness."

"Ah. Okay." I said and leaned back. "And how do I join them?"

Dad smiled and brought out a remote. "Through meeting them."

"How?"

He clicked the red button. The painting at the back split into two and separated revealing costume. "You will go on your first mission."

I jumped up from my chair. "YES!" I was too busy being excited I didn't pay attention to the costume.

"I'm not finished." He said. "You will meet the Dynamic Duo in Gotham. Since intel tells me that Batman is the mission assigner and member decider of The Team."

"BATMAN AND ROBIN?! BUT DAD! ROBIN IS LIKE ME! BUT BATMAN?!? TWO NINJA MOTHER FRIKIN WARRIORS AT THE SAME TIME WHAT THE FRICK DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?!?"

"Calypso, relax. Don't overreact." He said and I sat down back on my chair. "I personally arranged that the people I hired would cause havoc in Gotham, therefore calling the attention of the Dynamic Duo. Maybe they're robbing Gotham Bank or stealing jewelry or, well, I don't really care. They just need to get their attention. But, they, the people I called, think that it's an attempt to get the attention then bring them down. And you Calypso, will bring them all down, single handedly."

"And those people are....?"

"Oh, select members of the League of Shadows."

"The league Raj, the 500 year old Kung fu master, assembled?"

"Yes."

"The ones hand picked by Raj himself?"

"Yes. But they're not the important ones."

"Was that supposed to reassure me?"

"Yes it was. Anyway, if the duo manages to bring down some, bring down most of them, if you don't, the duo will not notice you."

"Therefore not taking me to wherever they are supposed to go and whatnot. And they won't let me join the team."

"Or, I'll arrange another one."

"Ah. So. Get it over with now." I said. "How will I pass information?"

"Your smartphone honey."

"Oh."

"You will take pictures, but only in watch form. There is a camera, just don't make it obvious. There is a recorder and email and all the things you need to pass information to us."

"Okay. What will you do with the information?"

"Let's just say, we'll use it wisely."

This sounds bad. And really dangerous. But I can't let down my family. Not now. "Uh." I took our my phone and changed it to watch mode. "Is that what I'm going to wear?" I looked at the costume.

"Yes it is." He said.

I stood up. "Its, beautiful." I said. There was a long zip-able black coat with a blue inside. Imagine a jacket, make it longer, about until the shin. The end is a square now right? Now, cut off two triangles at the end, making the end like half a diamond. And like I said, the inside was blue. The hems at the edges were lined with blue. And those blue lines continued until the edge of the sleeves. There were back gloves, and if I put them on, the blue lines would continue.

The top was completely black except for the blue design right smack in the middle. It was like a flower, two tears at forty five degree angles on either side, the tips were sort of curved at the ends. And in the middle of those two teardrops was another tear drop, straight up except for it's tip, slightly curved to one side as well. It had a high neck, meaning, the collar reaches until half of my neck.

There was a brown utility belt, multiple pockets and a place to insert my sword on the left of the belt (my left). It was like a brown strap, just with no strap.... It was more if a strip of brown stuck on both ends with just enough space to insert my sheath and just tight enough for it to not fall.

The pants were a pure black with no design at all. But the boots were my favorite. They reached up until just below my knee. They blended in with the pants, so it was hard to tell whether or not the pants and boots are one. Each boot had the same symbol as my top, so naturally, the symbol was lengthened. They were light, built for stealth and harm. Somehow. I really don't know.

And the mask, it was like two diamonds fused together, which got thicker in the middle. There were white one way lenses where my eyes should be.

"I know." Said Dad and took it down from the invisible manikin. He pressed the button on the remote and the painting closed. He handed me the costume.

"Thanks Dad." I said. I took it and felt the cloth. It was very light, but at the same time, designed for protection. "Wow. And another question. Who designed it?"

"I did."

"Yeah right. The only things you're good at designing are weapons and the things you develop at LexCorp."

He crossed his arms and smiled. "Alright. Slade designed it."

"Uncle Slade?" I was surprised. He didn't seem like the type. "He designed this? Like all the material, color scheme, mask, and everything that makes it up?"

"Yes he did. But, it would've been more believable if it was I who designed it."

"No. It wouldn't have. Where is he now?"

"He's at a mission. Thank him later."

"Oh. Okay."

"He knew you'd like it. Since he noticed your fondness for blue, black, and brown."

"Right. Right." I said. I felt really happy. Uncle bothered to personally make my sword and sheath, and he even bothered to design my costume, for me. Unlike my Dad....

"Your "Uncle Slade" actually gave the idea of you joining the Team."

"He did?" I said amazed. "But you are the brains, no wait, the strategist, no wait, the.... Brain of this technical family."

"Well. Slade is our strategist, actually we both thought of the plan. But he said the team joining idea, I was thinking more of the lines of secretly infiltrating. But, I agreed to Slade's idea." He was holding back something again. I could feel it. But, I should've let it go. "And, as much as I hate giving Slade all the credit, he made the costume too."

"Say what now?" I was still getting over the initial shock of Slade designing it. But making it? That's a different thing. "What is it made of?"

"It's a special cloth that expands and shrinks to your needs. If you are to grow taller, the suit would fit you, when you grow older, it would fit you as it does now. And trust me, it would fit you perfectly, all the days of your life. And a plus is that it repairs itself as well. Tear or puncture, or any sort of damage completely repairable. But, it is not bullet proof or puncture proof. So it wouldn't protect you against any bullets or stabbing, you will get hurt. But it is slash proof and water proof."

"Where did he get it?"

"That, I do not know."

"What?!? How do you not know?" I exclaimed. "You know everything."

"Thank you my dear, but, he got the cloth on his own accord. I do not know from who or from where, all I know is that he went to me, gave me black, brown and blue cloth and said 'It would be useful for Calypso's costume.'"

I felt the boots and utility belt, they felt like they were made of the same material as the top, pants and coat. I'm amazed by the costume. "What did you make?"

"Frankly, nothing in that costume. Just the mask."

"The mask? Why the mask?"

"Okay fine. Slade made the mask too." He said. "It's made of.... Well, a light titanium frame covered in the cloth. The white one way lenses, I'm sure he has a stock of them."

"And the utility belt?"

"Made by him. Same cloth, just made of many layers of the cloth to make it strong and durable. The pockets are made of the same cloth as well. Obviously. There are gadgets inside..."

"Courtesy of Uncle?"

"Yes. The gadgets include the grappling hook, it's in the first pocket to the right, smoke bombs are in the next pocket, rebreather and things to do with water, next pocket are your assorted shurikeins, meaning the explosive, foam and etc., and other projectiles you can throw, next pocket is your collapsible sword, just in case you break your original one, collapsible escrima sticks and the like, and last one... Well, everything you think you need that I didn't mention, and maybe extra things are in the pockets."

As he said that I checked each pocket, sure enough, there were gadgets. But there were new things, can't wait to try them out. (insert evil smirk here)

"You're giving him too much work."

"I am not. He insisted on making it himself. He told me I know nothing of costume designing."

"You don't."

"Calypso!"

"I'm kidding Dad. Gee!" I remember visiting the main LexCorp building. Dad brought me underground and I saw what he was working on, it made a statement, but not it a good way. All the weaponry and machinery, blech. Too big and bulky. I prefer Slade's style, thin, light, functional and comfortable. Something I need.

"We're dwelling too long on the costume." Cut Dad.

"I agree."

"Just to sum it up, Slade made and designed everything on his own, the cloth he found expands and morphs to your needs, repairs itself, you will use that in your missions. He also provides the contents and et cetera." He summed up.

"Uh... What do I do now?"

"You have to choose a name for yourself...."

"Sword." I said immediately. "My name is Sword."

"That's an interesting name. Why?"

"A sword is a symbol of power, strength, skill and stealth. And I want that to be me. A symbol of those attributes." I said firmly. "Plus. It's my favorite weapon."

"That's a good name then."

"Thank you."

"Now, hurry and change. Get your sword from your room and go to Gotham."

"How?"

"There's a black motorcycle parked outside. Use it."

"I.... You got me a motorcycle?"

"Yes I did."

I couldn't take it. I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you so much Dad. I'll make you proud and fulfill this mission. And I'm sorry if I break the bike."

"I know you will. I mean, make me proud. And break the bike. It's something to be expected of."

I let go of him and almost went out of the office.

"And Calypso dear? Do your best to not to kill anyone." Said Dad.

"I'll do my best.

went out of his office. I went to my room and got my sword from beside my night table.

Oh yeah, and about my name choice, it's not because of the reason I told Dad. Maybe partly, but mostly because Uncle Slade calls me "little sword." Whenever I do something good, he'd always say, "Great job little sword."

Even though I'm not little anymore, I like that fact at that he calls me a nickname.

I put on my costume. I went outside to go to the bathroom beside my room. The reason why the bathroom is not connected to my room is because, it's huge.

There is a huge white bathtub with gold designs and feet in the middle and the entire room is covered in mirrors, so you could look at your naked body in all directions. The floor was a white and the celling was also white.

There was a shower in the corner, a white tiled shower with glass doors and gold knobs and the shower head.

The sink was on the right wall, it had intricate gold designs just like the bathtub. As for the toilet, it was next to the sink. And, yes, the base was white and it had gold designs and flush.

The towel rack is next to the shower, and next to that are shelves and shelves and shelves of huge or and personal care supplies. Ranging from scrubs and sponges to blow dryers to ponytails and shower caps conditioner to shampoo to- well, face wash, pimple cream and the like, basically, it's everything you need for perfect hygiene. Brands from, like this local brand and Kerastase and L'oreal.

At the back, next to the shower was the sauna and next to that was the steam shower and somewhat behind the bathtub was my jacuzzi.

I went to the nearest mirror, which was the one next to the black door with a gold doorknob.

My jaw dropped.

It fit me perfectly. I'm not being narcissistic, it's just that it's like God Himself made the costume, (well technically he did. Slade was made by God so... Yeah.) I was holding my sword and I inserted it into the strap. Then I wrapped my watch around my wrist, almost blending in with my costume.

"Not bad Calypso." I told myself. "Not bad." I grabbed a black ponytail from the shelf and tied the top half of my hair in a ponytail and let the other half free. (Of you haven't noticed, it's a half-tie)

The mask fit my face perfectly as well.

Now this is going to be mine until I die. Yay!

Anyway, twenty minutes later, (I was busy admiring the costume. It was really beautiful) I went downstairs, went outside and hopped on the black motorcycle.

I started it and drove towards the most chaotic city in Earth.

-----------------------

SEPTEMBER 2, 2010

UST 19:00

GOTHAM CITY

I parked my bike near this abandoned building. In the alleyway I saw this huge dark shape. I went closer and saw, the Batmobile.

I decided to move my bike closer to it. Maybe to tick them off or make it convenient for me to follow them if they accept me.

Now this car, was hot. If this car was a guy, he would be really handsome.

The car was a jet black with a sort of bat wing at the back. There were two glass domes, separated by the wing, probably the driver and passenger seat.

I had just placed my bike nearer when the alarms sounded.

Time to go to work. I realized the bank was really far, what kind of idiots park their car a mile away from the most likely place to be robbed?

So I got on my bike and drove to the bank.

Two minutes later, I got there. I saw around thirty men dressed in all black carrying money our of the bank.

Thank you Dad for placing way too many people for robbing a bank. Seriously! This was overkill. Then again, it had Wayne Enterprises' and LexCorp's money, so... Maybe thirty people is enough to haul all the money out. Not to mention the Cobblepot's money.

Gee. They probably got money from my personal vault there.

I didn't spring into action right away, the Dynamic Duo wasn't there yet. So I watched them haul money into their trucks and whatnot.

Gosh darn it. Where are they? Are they waiting to be fashionably late?

And I was already dying of boredom when they came. I saw two strings with shiny metal hooks come from the building next to the bank, latch to the nearest lamppost.

Then jumped Batman and Robin. A flash of black and red and yellow. They landed straight and the middle and went to work.

Which reminded me.

This was my gig!

So I decided to make an entrance.

I drove the motorcycle straight in between Batman and Robin. Stupid? I know, but they couldn't possibly miss me. And besides, I was moving too fast. They jumped out of the way.

"Who the frick was that?" I heard Robin shout.

"I don't know." Said Batman.

I smirked to myself, flipped a switch on the handlebar and launched myself off my motorcycle. I back flipped and watched my motorcycle explode into their truck. (Sorry Dad) Men were thrown back and falling over. Some recovered their wits and dropped their bags of cash and drew their swords. They began going towards me. I drew my own blade and smiled. "This is going to be fun."

I charged into battle.

ROBIN'S POV

"Who the frick was that?" I asked, really surprised, as the motorcycle drove in between Batman and I. There was a flash of black and blue.

"I don't know." Said Batman, squinting and studying the new arrival.

I was shocked. He knows everything! I mean, he researches before we do anything else.

We watched her launch herself off her motorcycle, and the motorcycle hit their truck and exploded.

Damn. That's my job! Or not, I've always wanted to do that. But Batman won't let me. I've destroyed too many by accident.

She began to fight the bad guys using her sword, members of the League of Shadows. She took them down like they were nothing. Disarming one's sword there, Slashing across one's back here, kicking another one here, kicking someone in the balls there....and so on and so forth. Both of us were in shock. She was taking down so many.

That's our job.

"Robin." Said Batman firmly.

That jolted me out of my shock. I nodded at him and charged at the rest.

Wow, she left like ten left. And they were thirty men there.

Batman took half out, and I took out the other half. It was just a quick jab here and a kick here, back flip and kicks. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. On my mind was that girl. Who, single handedly took out twenty League of Shadows members and looked cool on her motorcycle, her raven hair and coat flying behind her. when I fight, my instincts take over, I don't know what I'm doing.

The bad dudes were out cold and I didn't know where she was.

"Where is she?" I asked Batman as we we're tying up the ten we knocked out.

"She's-" he started.

"Here." I heard a new voice from behind the wreckage of the truck. Apparently, it seemed like she was tying them up too, because I heard grunts and her saying, "Shut up." And make punches.

A minute later, she came out of the shadows.

I had to prevent my jaw from dropping. This chick was a knockout. I mean, Calypso Luthor is the hottest in my eyes, but this girl was literally a knockout. I mean, as far as the girls I've met go, she's a close second. Since Calypso is the first.

She came out polishing her sword with a black leather grip. She regarded me with her diamond mask. "Hello."

"Who are you?" Asked Batman in more of a statement voice that a question voice.

"Sword." She answered calmly.

Wow. Sword. That's a cool name actually. I wanted to comment, but then Batman was there so, I let him do all the talking.

"What are you doing here?" He continued to ask.

"Kicking ass, talking trash and taking names." She said and put her sword in her sheath. "You?"

I think it was pretty obvious what we were doing there, Batman and Robin, protectors of Gotham.

Batman and I were petty clueless at that point.

The options were, disappear into the shadows as usual, but that would've worked if she didn't see us, which she did, OR, interview her a lot. She's Team material, OR bring her into custody, OR, take her to the Batcave. (Which is a terrible idea, it's already crowded enough, and it's only me, Alfred and Bruce.... And several other trinkets, like this huge coin, the Batmobile, the Batplane, and this really big dinosaur thing.)

"This is Gotham. It is under our protection." Said Batman firmly. "What makes you think you can stroll here and just..."

"Do your job?" She said, with no emotion on her face.

No one can cut off Batman like that. Not even.... Superman. I can cut him off.

....

Sometimes.

Batman glared at her, and she didn't falter.

I nudged Batman. He looked at me for a second and nodded. We were going to talk. Normally, we wouldn't do this and make the person wait, but this was different, we had no choice.

"Stay here." Said Batman coldly and turned. I turned as well, we walked away from earshot.

"Dammit Bruce." I said and ran my hands through my hair. "Who the hell was that? What the hell just happened?"

"I don't know Dick. But this seems too perfectly planned." He replied.

"She could join the Team!"

"No. The way she came, the way she fought, the timing, the way she only left us with one option, to accept her as one of us."

"Bruce you're being paranoid. We need more members. The Team needs more members if we want to take down the Light once and for all."

"When is my being paranoid ever wrong?"

I closed my mouth. He was never wrong, even when he was paranoid. But still, 90% of me wanted her on the Team, she had the potential, but the other 10% agrees with Bruce.

What should we do?

"Bruce. I honestly think that she she should join. She had the potential and attitude of a team member." I said gesturing to her. "She should go join us."

Bruce sighed and brought a hand to his forehead. "We'll asses her first. Then from there we'll decide. We need to gauge her skill, instincts, intellect, fighting skills and the like. If she has a good rating, then she can join."

"Okay." I said. "Just throw her in with Black Canary, she has great skill, perfect instincts, really good at analyzing fighting patterns, and great fighting skills. Just throw we in there and if she can stay standing or at least keep fighting for, I don't know, whatever you want, then she can join."

Bruce removed his hand from his forehead and we walked back to Sword.

She was sitting down, crossed legged on the ground. "So...?" She said and got up.

"You will come with us." I said.

"For what reason?" She asked.

"Assessment." Batman answered. We started to hear sirens from nearby police cars. The GCPD would be here soon, they'll be the ones to throw the Shadows in jail or whatever. We had to hurry.

"Look, do you want to go or not?" I interjected. "Because we're going to leave if you don't want to go."

She pondered for a couple of seconds. "Okay fine, I'lll go." She said. "Where will I ride?"

"Just come." Said Batman. We started walking and she followed closely behind, watching us.

Where the hell would she ride? She can't ride the Batmobile, there are only two seats. One look at Bruce and I knew what he was thinking.

Oh no. Not that option.

We got to the abandoned alleyway and Bruce used his belt to call the Batmobile out of it.

He got out a remote and muttered to himself something only I could barely hear. "I really hate doing this."

He pressed the button and from the back of the Batmobile came out a jet black motorcycle, meant for Batman and Batman only. (Sometimes me when my bike breaks or explodes) He may be more on the professional side, but, boys need their precious toys.

"Drive this." He said tossed her keys. She caught it. And he did another click on his remote which opened the hatch of the Batmobile that lead to our seats. He jumped in and started the car.

I looked at our newcomer and smiled. "Stay whelmed and try not to destroy that thing okay?"

"Okay." She said with a smile.

I jumped in the car and Bruce closed the hatch. From the rear view mirror, I saw her get on the bike and start it.

"She won't break it." I reassured Bruce.

"I am not concerned about that." He said, glancing at the rear view mirror.

I rolled my eyes and Bruce started the car and drove really fast.

Sword followed in hot pursuit.

---------------------------

Now, if you're going to ask me how do we get from Gotham to Happy Harbor with just a car, I don't know any other answer besides, we just can.

The Batmobile is the fastest car in the whole wide world. It's not in the Guinness Book of World Records, but Batman recorded the speed. It's definitely faster than the fastest car.

It also has the biggest fuel or whatever container, that's why we don't have to drive the car into a gas station and I don't have to make Batman say "hook me up."

Around thirty minutes later, we were at the base of Mount Justice.

-----------

SEPTEMBER 2, 2010

UST 21:00

MOUNT JUSTICE

Calypso's POV

Damn that car moved fast! But I followed them anyway. We arrived at the base of this huge mountain in Happy Harbor.

Must be their headquarters. I thought to myself.

All of a sudden, a part of the mountain where the Batmobile was in front of, opened to reveal a secret hangar inside. There was a red humanoid with a blue cape lined with yellow and a yellow circle with a T that connects to the rest of his body. He also had a yellow arrow in his forehead.

The Batmobile drove in and I followed them. I passed the red humanoid, and saw that he was Red Tornado.

"A new Team member?" Asked Red and went inside the hangar, the panels closed behind him.

Batman parked the car in the middle next to a couple of motorcycles and regular garage stuff. I parked the motorbike behind the car, since it came out that end too. I pulled out the keys and jumped off, Batman and Robin hopped out of the car.

"This a new development Batman." said Red and went to Batman. "Will she be going the Team?"

"We'll see." Replied Batman. "We will asses her first."

"The Team is in the training room as usual, training." Said Red. If robots could be sarcastic, I bet that was sarcasm in his voice. "Black Canary is there too."

"Good." he said to Red. "Both of you." He looked at Robin and I. "Follow."

"Hey." I said to the Boy Wonder and tossed the keys.

He caught it, but I was already trailing behind Batman.

"Wait up!" Said Robin and followed the both of us.

Batman lead us to this huge room. Okay, maybe room didn't cover it. More of, well.... a cave. There were five individuals in the room. I recognized four of them from Dad's holographic PowerPoint presentation. They had their costumes on, and their masks. I was hoping for no masks but just civilian clothing.

Wait, arent there five of them in the team? I mean, six including Robin. Where is the Atlantean? He might be somewhere. I guess I'll meet him later on.

I understand though, you have to practice with your costume on so you can get used to it.

Unlike me, I put on the costume and went on the mission. I mean, the belt throws me off a bit and the "no restraints" meaning my body can move freely as if I don't have any clothes on, I'm used to jeans and stuff.

But the free thing is cool. I was amazed when I threw my first kick in the costume. It was stronger than the usual. But it made me over shoot and twist. But I like it. And as for the belt, it something's blocks my movement a bit, but it's useful! Just takes getting used to.

I practiced with weights anyway.

They were all sparring. And this blonde woman in a short denim jacket, black swimsuit like top, you know, like the tube type that frames your breasts? (Sorry guys, had to throw that in there) and you know, acts as an underwear too. She had grey leggings under the swimsuit and she also wore black boots. She was Black Canary.

She stared at us critically and gave a look to Batman that said, "Another one?" She held up her hand and the sparring instantly stopped between, Superboy, and KF and Ms. Martian and Artemis. The five all trained their eyes on me.

"Hi." I said and raised a hand. Robin went pass me to join his teammates. He was patted on the back by KF when Robin went beside him.

"This is Sword. We found her in Gotham while we were in patrol." Said Batman. "She's here to be assessed if whether or not she is fit to join the team. Everyone, clear out of the sparring area. It will be just Black Canary and her."

Everyone did clear out, Artemis snickered. "She's not gonna make it out alive."

Robin elbowed her, "Relax Art. She's whelmed. I saw her fight. She can probably make it in."

Probably. That's reassuring. I went to the center and stood in front of Black Canary.

"You're Sword huh?" She looked at me. "Tip of the blade. Don't lose focus. I won't take it easy on you."

I nodded and we both stepped back. We go into our fighting stance.

"Ready?" She asked.

I nodded.

The floor glowed blue the battle began.

---------

I have no idea how long I was in the ring with this fighting guru. But all I remember was this, I made the first move. She went down and almost swept me off my feet, but I jumped and almost kicked her. All my Slade- Ninja girl- Assassin training went in.

Weird thing about the floor, every time you fall, it projects a hologram either saying, knocked out or some minus point thing.

Apparently, not one of us fell.

It was tiring, being in the ring with her, I didn't get a hit on her, well, maybe a couple of times, and I didn't ever dare her get in. Well she did hit me a couple of times too.

I was fighting, panting, fighting and panting, backflips, holds, kicks, punches, I really don't know what happened, my instincts took over.

After what seemed like forever, Batman said, "Enough."

We both stopped. "Crap." I bended over and leaned on my thighs. I looked at Black Canary, she was standing straight, hair fixed and blue eyes calm, but her breathing was controlled, like she was intentionally trying to get her heart rate to slow down and steady her breathing.

"Good job." She said with difficulty and walked to Batman. They walked out of earshot. Looked like they were discussing something important. (Cough me cough).

As soon as a regulated my breathing and my heartbeat slowed down, I stood up straight, removed the hair from my face and fixed my half-tie. I looked at the members of the team. They liked like they were discussing something with their eyes, no talking at all. They glanced at me and went back to looking at each other.

I remembered that there was a Martian in our midst. They were having a psychic talk.

That's how it looks like I thought to myself. I wonder what they're talking about? Maybe is about me.

ROBIN'S POV

Damn that girl. I though she had skills when she faced down a lot of League of Shadows members but being equal with Black Canary? That's unheard of. And she's about my age.

She managed to dodge all those high speed Black Canary attacks and Black Canary was barely able to dodge hers. She sparred with Canary for almost an hour. What the frick.

AND THIS SWORD GIRL MADE BLACK CANARY STEADY HER BREATHING?!?

After her match with Black Canary, Canary went to Batman.and left Sword in the middle of the arena to regain her composure.

"Link is up." I heard Ms. Martian- M'gann say in my mind as soon as the battle stopped

"Who is that girl?" Kid Flash- Wally looked at me with surprise. "She made Canary steady her breathing."

"I know." I telepathically said. "And she sparred for nearly an hour!"

"Whoever she is, she has potential to join this Team." Artemis crossed her arms.

"But we don't know about her." Superboy (he doesn't have a human name yet, as far as I know) made a small gesture towards her. "How do we know we can trust her?"

"I don't know." Artemis looked at all of us. "But frankly speaking, how our missions almost fail all the time-"

"Not all the time babe!"  Wally have her a look.

Artemis glared at him. "Don't call me babe. Anyway, we need more members if we want to stop, whoever we're facing."

"But that's not the issue." Superboy looked at her. "What matters is if we can trust her."

"We just need a proving mission. Like what Artemis here did." I gestured to Artemis and crossed my arms.

"Why are you defending her?" SB raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... People deserve chances, we took a chance with you and Artemis." I replied. "Give her a chance."

"Robin has a crush!" Wally spread his arms. "Congratulations Rob!"

I squinted-glared at Wally. "Whatever. Anyway, proving mission. What do you say ?" I looked at everyone.

M'gann sighed. "I suppose so. For now, no introductions with your secret identities. Only after she proved herself in that so called proving mission or whenever she is deemed trustworthy. If she is successful, we can probably socialize all we want."

I blinked. That sounded something Aqualad- Kaldur would say. But then again, he's not here. Batman told me he's taking a break in Atlantis. Something about Kaldur not being able to focus?

But I guess while he's gone, all of us are trying to make up for him being gone.

"Okay." I smiled. "Do you want to talk to her?"

"I don't know." M'gann rubbed her right arm. "But I see we have to."

"Why?" SB looked at her incredulously.

"Because she's looking at us."

All her heads turned towards Sword who was tapping her foot on the floor and her arms were crossed, like she was waiting for us.

I felt the psychic link subside.

"Psychic conversation." She said. "Very welcoming."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Sorry. It became a habit."

"Don't worry about it." She waved her hand. "It's fine."

"Where are you from?" Asked Wally.

"You're Kid Flash right?" She pointed at him.

"Yes."

"Well then, Kid Flash, I live in Gotham." She replied. Her reply made Artemis and I flinch. I know where Artemis lives and her heritage too. But, her heritage does not say anything a bout her. She's trustworthy, unlike her dad and sister...

"You. Live in Gotham." Asked Artemis.

"Yeah. That's where I live." She said nonchalantly. "You're Artemis, Green Arrow's new protege. The old one left right? But why are you concerned? Isn't your base Star City?"

Artemis crossed her arms. "I just want to make sure I can keep track of who's where."

I could see the nervousness in Artemis' eyes. That was too close to home.

"And you're Superboy and Ms. Martian." She pointed to the two respectively. "Protégés of Superman and Martian Manhunter."

"Yeah." Superboy gritted his teeth. "Somewhat." Superboy resented Superman for not noticing him that much, always avoiding him.

"Yeah!" M'gann looked excited. "Who is your master?"

"My uncle." She said. "He's great at these kind of things." She gripped the hilt of her sword, hard until her knuckles were white. She was just probably nervous. She looked at me, "You're Robin of course. I've seen you around. And... so this all of you?"

Her uncle.... Probably not a lie, probably not the whole truth either. But I didn't push it, all people are entitled to a secret identity.

"What do you mean by this is all of you?" asked Wally.

"Well, since there are loads of people in the Justicce League, I was expecting more than four proteges." she studied all of us.

"We do have one more member, his name is Aqualad." I replied. "But right now he's... overwhelmed by something he has to do down in Atlantis." I was elbowed by KF. 

"What?" I looked at him. "It's not like its not obvious he's an Atlantean! Of course he'll be in Atlantis in his spare time! We can tell her!" 

"Fine." he said, clearly defeated.

"Um hello." Sword waved a hand. "Still here. Or are you still going to bicker about telling me things?"

"Um right." I cleared my throat and glared at KF for a second before looking back at her. "Sorry."

"Its just that you're new, and knowing how security and confidentiality works in the Justice League and its branches..." KF said.

"Yeah yeah yeah.  I understand. I'd act the same way too if someone new came along in my top-secret organization." 

"Right." Wally gave her a small smile. "Points for understanding."

"So..." She released her grip on her sword. Probably relieved that the talk about her was over. She clearly wanted to change the subject. "What are they talking about?"

"Probably about you." I replied. "I suggested you join us."

"Really?" She grinned from ear to ear. "Thanks."

"Um... You're welcome, I guess..." That's not usually the response of someone who is invited to join The Team. Basic requirement to join The Team: He or she has the ability to NOT DIE.

Good thing Red Arrow isn't here. He'd be all grouchy and mad at the fact we brought in a new person.

"So, you're name is Sword huh?" Asked Artemis. "Why so?"

"Well, it's a family thing." She played with a lock of her straight raven hair. "My uncle kinda gave me the name."

"That's like me." I thought. Good thing the link wasn't up.

I was called Robin before instead of my real name, Richard or Dick Grayson, by my mother.

"It's a cool name." Said Artemis with grudging approval. "Makes a statement on who you are."

"Thank you. Now-" she looked past us and saw Canary, Batman and Red going towards us.

We parted for them and the three of them stayed at the center of our semi-circle. Batman looked at me and gave a slight nod.

"Sword." He addressed our newcomer. "You may join the Team."

"Really?" She said excited.

"You are part of the Team as of now, but you are on probation. We will observe. Once you proved your loyalty and trustworthiness in a mission, you will be officially on The Team."

"Cool."

"You will report here after your school hours, on weekends and whenever you're available." Finished Batman. "You are entitled to a secret identity. You may or may not tell us who you are. But I suggest you tell sooner or later."

That sounded like a threat, but Sword smiled. "If I am entitled, I will not reveal my secret identity just yet. I bet you haven't even revealed yours to your fellow members in the Justice League."

Did she just talk back to Batman? Again?

Batman squinted. "Just report here and we will observe you." He said with finality. "Robin." He called me.

I went to his side and he started to walk. I followed him. I looked back at Sword and the rest of the Team, Canary and Red. Sword waved and smiled at me and I smiled and raised a hand back at her.

We walked back to the hangar, jumped into the Batmobile.

"So Bruce." I started. "You really think she would be a worthy Team member?"

"Probation Robin." He said. "Red Tornado. Hangar doors."

The hangar doors opened and we drive out into the night.

"She'll make it through." I said. "Her skills are over the top."

"Her skills are undeniably good." Bruce admitted. "Her trust is unclear."

I had to agree with him at that point. You really can't truly trust anyone but yourself, but, you can only put your trust in someone you really know.

"Are we doing a patrol tonight?" I asked him.

"We're not doing a patrol. I am. You have school tomorrow."

"BRUCE!"

"Last time you stayed on patrol and it was a school night, you fell asleep in History."

"Yeah. I fell asleep because I know that already. And Bruce! I've been on missions with the Team until like 1:00AM or 2:00AM!"

"Yes, but that was Summer. And it was a mission, it could not be helped."

I groaned and leaned back on the seat. "Fine."

"And once you get home, finish your homework, clean-up and go to sleep."

"BRUCE! You don't have to remind me! And I don't have any homework... It's the first few days of school.... Okay, maybe some homework."

"And no training in the gym or in the basketball court and in you room."

"I'm already a freshman! Not a seventh grader!"

"Last time I'd don't remind you, you got a B on your crammed homework."

"B is not that low!"

"It is for me. A's and above. I taught you more than needed."

"Whatever." That pretty much ended our conversation for the night.

Bruce drove back to Wayne Mansion, went into the Batcave and let me out.

"When I come back, you better be asleep." Said Bruce and closed the top and drove back out.

"Does Master Dick need help with his homework?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and saw it was Alfred. He was holding my house clothes, white t-shirt with the Superman crest, the yellow and red one, and my red plaid pajama pants. On top were my red home shoes, like the ones they give you in the airplane, except these were more Erm... Fluffy? And high quality.

Yes. I have pajama pants. Problem?

And yes, I am a super-fan of Superman. It's true. I was (and am still) inspired by him.

"Alfred! Hey! What time is it?" I asked him.

"It's better you don't know Master Dick. It's rather late."

I face palmed and as I removed my hand from my face, I took off my mask, revealing my blue eyes. "Ugh. I still have things to do and homework to cram." I walked over to the nearest table, placed the mask on top and took off my gloves and put it beside the mask. I took off my yellow belt and placed it on top as well.

"That's what you get for being the Boy Wonder." Alfred said completely poker-faced. "If you weren't, then you would be completely on top of the class." Alfred went next to me and placed the clothes next to where I set my utility belt.

"I am completely on top Alfred." I sighed and unbuttoned my bulletproof cape and set it on the table. "A lot more and no less." I began to unstrap the yellow straps on my top.

"Yes, but if you weren't Boy Wonder, no one would even come close to being close to your ranking in class. Like their average is A and yours is A+++++."

"I will take it as a compliment." I replied, removing the last strap. My shirt hung off me like a vest. (Which it was, since it had a layer of Kevlar in between the primary layer of spandex, cotton and the last spandex layer)

"You should Master Dick. But you're average right now is only an A+"

"That's the highest grade Alfred." I took off my shirt completely and placed it on the table, leaving me only my bare chest and my pants. "There is no more than one plus."

"I just added the pluses for exaggeration." Alfred said and folded my top.

"Whatever." I sat down on top of the metal table. I placed one leg up to take of my shoe "Alfred?"

"Yes Master Dick?" He looked at me with his wise eyes. How old is he? If his eyes are that wise, then... Well, I don't know. He's pretty healthy if you ask me.

"What do you think of Calypso Luthor?"

"The one you are beginning to fancy?"

"What?" I slipped off my left shoe. "No!"

"Hm. Denial is the first step. And Master Dick, I do know about your friendship ladder climbing. You told me that on the first day of school. The reason why you wanted to be early."

I sighed and took off my right shoe. "Fine. I like her, but I'm still working up the ladder." I went off the table. I put the shoes on the floor. "And besides," I started to remove my pants. "Just because she's a Luthor doesn't mean she's a bad person."

"If you're going to ask me about my opinion then I suppose it is okay. Remember, there is a good in everyone."

"Alfred you got that from me." I took off my pants, leaving me in my black boxers.

"I know Master Dick. But I know you didn't get that from yourself."

I sighed and placed the black pants on the table. "I know. I got it from my mother." I felt a tinge of sadness. She died when I was seven or eight. Along with the rest of my family, except for my Uncle Richard, who couldn't take care of me. So I was transferred to Bruce.

"But anyway, Master Dick. Calypso Luthor seems like a nice young woman."

I smiled and I put on the pajama pants. Leave it to Alfred to change the topic, he's never pushy. He deserves Butler of The Century (I don't know which one though) Award. "I know. But she plans to take my place at the top of the class."

Alfred smiled kindly. "Then you must not let that happen."

"I won't." I put on the shirt and slipped on the house shoes. "Just because I like her doesn't mean that she get my place on the top of the class." I went toward the stairs that leading to the secret entrance that conceals the Batcave from Wayne Mansion. "I'll be doing my homework now. Bruce said no training. Then I'll sleep."

"Goodnight Master Dick. And remember to brush your teeth!"

"Goodnight Alfred." I said and went into Wayne Mansion.

------------

SEPTEMBER 2, 2010

UST 10:15PM

MOUNT JUSTICE

Calypso's POV

"The Boy Wonder left the building." I said as soon as Batman and Robin were out of sight.

"Sword is you name?" Asked the red android.

"For the third time today, yes!" I sighed.

"I was just asking." He said. "Do anything out of the ordinary and I am sure the four here and Batman will cause you great pain."

I smiled. "I know. I'm not afraid." But I was really afraid about them knowing my secret. My betrayal. But hey, they'll never know. I am a Luthor, I will please my father.

Red Tornado nodded. "Black Canary, I have business to attend to. I leave them with you."

"Okay." She replied and Tornado went away.

Black Canary looked at the five. "Five of you are dismissed for today. Go get some rest."

Ms. M touched my shoulder and went down another hallway with Superboy. KF and Artemis went to these tube things that rim the sparring area, they went inside, they were scanned then a feminine voice said their names and this code thing, B0 something I think? Then they stepped in and in a flash of light, they were gone.

What the hell was that?

 Black Canary and I were left in the sparring area.

"Where did you learn to fight?" Asked Canary, turning her attention back to me. "You are only one of the few who can match me."

"From my uncle." I said proudly. "And where did you learn? This isn't my first spar. Where did you learn such skill?"

"Wildcat. I'm sure you must have heard of him. And along with loads of experience." She said and placed her hands on her hips.

"Yeah. He was with the original Black Canary, your mom."

Her blue eyes turned from kind and studying to cold and hard. "Yes. My mother."

I think I touched a sensitive topic. "Oh. Uh...." I had no idea on how to continue. "Well, I really never knew my mom either. And as for my Dad, he... never gave me the time of day."

Canary's eyes lightened. "Really?"

"Yeah. He, well, I was conceived by accident." I replied.

"Why am I opening up so much?!" I scolded myself. "You're a spy! Not a channel of information!"

"I see." She looked like she didn't want to push it. "Well, Sword, you are on probation. So we will be observing your progress."

"Okay."

"You may go back home now."

"Uh- I don't have a ride and I don't think I'm authorized to use that- uh- light-beam thing." I looked at the inactive tubes.

"Light-beam?" She turned to where I was looking. "Oh, you mean the Zeta-tubes?"

"Zeta?"

"They teleport you anywhere, as long as there is another Zeta-tube there."

"That's cool." I replied. Zeta-tubes. They teleport people. I was amazed. Didn't know technology advanced so fast, unless of course that technology isn't of human origin.

"Well, since you can't use that, use a motorcycle in the hangar. I'll tell Red Tornado to open the hangar doors for you."

"I can choose a motorcycle?"

"Yes. You can."

"Great!" I smiled. "Uh- So, I guess I'll be off." I stuck out my hand. "Pleasure to meet you Black Canary."

She looked shocked, maybe she wasn't used to fourteen year olds that almost kicked her ass sticking out his or her hand out so she can shake it.

She reluctantly shook it. "The pleasure is mine."

I let go of her hand and jogged to the hangar.

I looked at the motorcycles as soon as I got there. "Blue. Blue. Blue." I muttered as I scanned the row. "Ah ha!" I saw a blue one and immediately got on. The key was in so I just turned it.

The hangar doors opened and I drove out. As soon as the hangar doors were closed behind me, I went off the motorcycle.

"Check for trackers and the like." I heard Slade say in my mind. "That's he first thing you check when you're handed something new."

I knelt down and looked closely at the bike. Sure enough, there was a tracker.

"Typical." I muttered to myself. I quickly removed it and crushed it underfoot.

I checked for more, I found two others, a tiny mic, and a tiny camera. Then I felt myself, there was a small tracker at the bottom of my coat. I crushed them all.

I got back on the bike and drove back to my home.

Damn. It's so late. And I still have homework.

-----------

About more or less an hour later, I arrived at Luthor Mansion. I parked my new motorcycle in the front. I jumped off, let myself in the house. A man with a half orange and half black mask stood at the doorway.

I jumped out of my skin. "UNCLE SLADE!"

"Evening Calypso." He said, completely unfazed. He removed his mask, revealing the usual smirk and the shine in his good eye.

"What did I tell you about going Deathstroke mode?" I scolded him. "Don't do that when I'm going through the door, when you're going into my room, being in the shadows and ANSWERING THE DOOR!" I ripped off my mask.

He told me about being Deathstroke about, well, a long time ago. I just didn't say Deathstroke the entire story so far because, he wasn't on Deathstroke (see how long the name is?) mode.

"Sorry dear." He said and moved aside so I can go in.

I went inside.

"How was your mission?" He asked and put an arm around my shoulders.

"Fine. Kinda easy though." I said.

"Really?" He lead me to the couch and we both sat down.

I was going to lean on his shoulder but then I realized he had his armor on. "I don't think League of Shadows members are easy." He said.

"They're easier than you." I replied.

He laughed and removed his arm from my shoulders and ruffled my hair. "I know. I may, or may have not trained some of them. It's hard to tell, I trained a lot of students. Although, none of them are as great as you. You're my favorite pupil. And my favorite niece."

"Uncle Slade... I'm your only niece."

He frowned. "Calypso, you just ruined the moment."

"I know."

He stood up. "It's late now, you should get some sleep. I bet you still have homework."

"Ugh. Don't remind me."

He smiled and put his mask back on. "See you kiddo. Goodnight."

"Night Uncle Slade."

He walked out the door, went outside and closed the door.

As for me? I dragged myself upstairs and to my room.

Homework demands to be done.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

73.9K 3.5K 13
Let's cut to the chase. You love Dick Grayson, everyone loves Dick Grayson, and Wally West especially loves dick. Oh and Dick Grayson. Now let's swit...
9.9K 155 17
My idea of the batfamily and what would happen their will be some kissing but nothing "bad" and their is some abuse in this story just saying i do...
23.9K 1K 17
Okay so I rewrote this story so it shouldn't be as bad anymore Reverse Batfamily. They've got a new little brother but is there more than meets the e...
6K 261 19
Dick Grayson's life has never been easy, but he'd like to think it's been going better lately. He's been operating mainly out of Gotham again for alm...