On the Ice (Rewriting)

By Fanfam3768

Cover by @pasteltragedies!! Its more than just skating. Kenna Foster is a 16 year old who had just moved from... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Authors Notice
Part 9
Thanks!
Part 10
The Characters
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
New Book!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Announcement
Vote
Announcement #2
Thank You Mahgadahling!
Plan For The Sequel
News that you should know. (Sequel? Other books?Other news?)

Part 57

2.1K 37 4
By Fanfam3768

I got to admit. I wasn't sure myself if I did like him or not. But it was my birthday, and since my friends had gone through so much trouble just to do this for me than I wasn't going to just waste my energy on some boy that didn't even bother to show up.

This time I chose to ride with Olly after skating and Lilly and Dylan didn't seem to mind. I didn't want his relationship with my step sister or my relationship to be ruined because I was being immature and hormonal. " So I think I owe you an apology." I say after I buckle my seatbelt. Olly looks at me with a confused expression.

" About you and Olivia I mean. I was just upset for a stupid reason and I took it out on you and other people. I was just- "

" It's not your fault Kenna." He gives a feint laugh " Actually I'm not even sure why I didn't tell you in the first place. If anything I do trust you a little more than Jayce."

My eyes light up " Really?" I ask and Olly nods. I realise what he was saying, it was my fault. I got angry just because he and Olivia didn't want to tell anyone that they were dating. I was and still kind of am a bitch.

I slouch in my seat and groan "Why did I have to end up with such great friends?" I mumble and Olly chuckles.

" Is that a bad thing?"

" Yes and no."

" How?"

" Becuase I don't deserve good friends like you guys. I'm a bitch I shouldn't be letting you apologize right now when it wasn't your fault."

" 1: you're not a bitch you were just being moody and hormonal- "

" How did you- "

" and 2: if anything we....or I don't deserve you as a friend. You're the greatest best GIRL friend I could ask for." Silence fell over us and I knew that Olly was waiting for me to respond to his compliment.

" Fine. I guess you're a pretty good guy best friend as well." I sigh and Olly laughs. He pulls into the next parking lot and puts his truck in park. Looking over at me, he gives me a big smile and then takes his keys out of the ignition.

He was about to get out of the truck when a question I've been wondering for awhile comes into my mind "One more question: when did you start dating Olivia and why didn't you tell anyone?"

" Ken, that's two." He says holding up two fingers. I shake my head.

" No. It was one sentence ergo it is one question."

" What does ergo mean?"

" Don't change the subject."

" I'm not."

" You just did."

" No I didn't."

" Stop it and answer the question!"

Olly sighs and looks back at me clearly amused by my annoyance " I don't know exactly, maybe like a couple of weeks ago? Yeah, I think that's right."

" Weeks?"

" Yes. Weeks. Now are you going to let me finish?"

" Yes. Continue Mr.Oliver."

" Thank you....what was the other question?"

I roll my eyes and repeat the question " Oh." He says remembering " Right."

" Olly your stalling."

" Sorry Ill talk now. Olivia just asked me not to tell anyone. You'll have to ask her."

I groan "Alright." I say and get out of the car. I wonder why Olivia didn't want to tell me? Did she not trust me? It's not like I would tell anyone...probably. Okay I understand now, but its not like I'm Lilly who blabs about anything and everything. Love her and all but sometimes she can be a hand full.

Olly meets me at the door, holding the door open for me. " Your such a gentleman." I say sarcastically and Olly beams a smile.

" I am aren't I?" He says when he steps in and I roll my eyes then shove him. He laughs and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

" This one was my idea." He says to me. I didn't realize where we were until now and my eyes light up to see that we were at a bowling alley.

" Bowling? I'm going to kick your ass!" I exclaim and maybe a little bit to loudly when I look away from Olly to see nosy strangers turn around wanting to know what the commotion was about.

I hear a familiar laugh behind us and turn around to see Eliza, Haris, and Devin walk in with mysterious grins on their faces. " What's so funny?" I ask.

" Just the thought that you could beat anyone in bowling." Eliza says and I scoff.

" Wanna bet?" A mischievous glint in his eyes appears and a could her a chuckle come from Haris who was shaking his head at how childish we were.

" If I win you have to pay for my lunch and be my personal butler for a week. No exceptions." Eliza says holding put his hand to shake.

" Deal. Ill do the same." I say and shake his hand. The rest of my friends enter and we get out bowling shoes except for Tatum who decided to sit out and play on her phone instead.

Even though that girl hadn't done anything to me doesn't mean I have to like her, for fuck's sake I don't even have to act like I do. I just have a bad feeling about her.

" Alright who wants to be team captain?" Devin shouts after everyone puts their shoes on. We settled on having two lanes to bowl on since there is eight of us who are playing (*cough cough* Tatum since she won't be playing) so I guess now we're having team captains.

" I call captain!" Dylan and I say in unison flinging a hand in the air. His eyes meet mine and I stick my tongue out at him and he does the same. I laugh and look away when after he winks at me.

" You're the birthday girl. You go first." Dylan says and I grin.

" Olly." I say.

" Eliza." He says.

" Haris." A surprised look crosses his face and I chuckle. Me? He mouths and I nod. Haris smiles and I turn back to Dylan.

" um...Lilly."

" Olivia."

Dylan looks around the room and his eyes land on Devin. Devin had a look on his face that said I knew I would be the last one and I tried hard not to laugh. " Devin." He finally says and Devin nods excepting it. I feel bad for him, but not to bad because I want to win.

" Alright lets start the game."

Dylan and so go up to our lanes and puck up our bowling balls mine being the small blue one while his was a big red one. I let him go first since he let me pick my teammate first.

Of course he gets a strike. I get a spare. Not that that's bad or anything but I'm not loosing to freckles (Eliza) over there. As the turns went by Dylan's team was in the lead by seven. SEVEN. It was the last round and I could feel my hands start to shake as I watched everyone get up, throw the ball, and hit or don't hit the white bowling pins.

Then it came to be my turn. I walk up to where the bowling balls are and placing my hand in the ball and lifting it up carefully so I don't drop it on my foot. I walk up to the read line at the beginning of the game. I take a deep breath and toss the ball down towards the bowling pins knocking seven down. I jump up and down with happiness since we might at least for with Dylan's team.

My ball goes back and I do the same thing again but only knocking down two bowling pins leaving me with one. Wow I can do math. I chuckles to myself.

" Good job Ken Ken!" I hear Olivia shout way to loudly while she sat next to Olly. I smile and nod but inside I feel disappointed in myself. I do NOT want to loose to Eliza if its the last thing I do.

Thankfully we won by one point, and you know what that means!" HA! We won! We won!" I sing doing my happy dance. Eliza groans flinging his head back and everyone laughs including me, but mine was more of a like " MUAHAHAHAHAHAH" kind of thing while there's was like " Haha." kind of thing. Even Tatum slightly laughed.

But it didn't matter Becuase now I get free lunch (paid by the one and only redhead, freckled, Eliza) and he will be my butler for a whole month. Suck it Eliza!

I felt the urge to pee so I excused myself from the others and went into the bathroom. I did my thing and was washing my hands when the light brown hair, blue eyes girl came in. It was Tatum, and the smile I had on before disappeared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
9.1M 274K 66
Avery and Josh were complete oppisites. Josh was a little badass. Barely, passable grades, rude additude, tattoos, piercings, and a wall built so ha...
258K 3.8K 43
Avery Miller is forced to move to a new town where she'll be finishing her senior year not knowing anyone, what she doesn't expect is the captain of...
408K 6.8K 31
"Your really are the biggest pain in my ass." "I'm glad you've given me such an amazing roll being down that end. Wouldn't want to be a pain in your...