PRETEND || JENO

By BaeTaeLay

this book is lowkey cliche im not that good at descriptions lmao this is about Jeno and Sky Sky likes Renjun ... More

crushing
this group of boys
there's this one boy
my mother
her name is lisa
a lot of girls think the same
0:1
0:2
0:3
0:4
0:5
0:6
0:7
0:8
0:9
1:0
1:1
1.2
1.3
1:4
1:5
1:6
1:7
1:9
2:0
what if...

1:8

3.7K 164 53
By BaeTaeLay

:jeno:

Ugh, waking up for school will never fail to ruin my mood every single day.

Sky's with me, though, and usually when I'm with her I'm really happy, but today's the day where she leaves me.

I get more sad every time I think about it.

"I'm ready!" Sky calls from upstairs.

I stand up from the couch, sighing.

Ready to go be with the one you truly like?

I kneel over and picked up my backpack. I swing it over my shoulder and pulled out my phone.

"Hey, Jeno, how do I look?"

I turn around and as soon as my eyes laid on her, I drop my phone on the floor.

"Sorry if you waited for awhile. My leg kept getting stuck in this hole right here." She points to her bare thigh.

The knot in my throat bobbed up and down. "N-No, it's ok."

She holds her hands together and looks towards the floor. I could easily see her blushing cheeks and I, so badly, wanted to touch her cheek.

"L-Let's get going." I clear my throat.

I walk ahead of her out of the house and tried to not look at her again.

If I do, I'll think of things I shouldn't be thinking about.

She's Renjun's, not mine.

"Jeno! Jeno!"

I blink out of my thoughts. "Huh?"

"You're staring at the ground without blinking. And you look really sad. Are you ok?" She walks closer to my side.

I nod, not looking towards her. "I'm good. Just a bit tired."

"Oh, ok."

<•>

"Sky, look at you!" Donghyuck calls from afar. "Hot mama walking down the hall!"

Jaemin starts whistling, making Sky start laughing.

"Stop! Don't shout things like that. You're drawing attention." She softly smacks Donghyuck on the arm.

"It's not us that's drawing attention to you." Jaemin points to her body. "It's your dress."

"I, myself, don't follow rules or sh*t, but I know that dress isn't following dress code." Donghyuck says and crosses his arms. "You are breaking the rules, Sky."

She takes a deep breath. "And...I'm ok with it."

"So is that what Jeno spent all night teaching you?" Jaemin throws an arm around my shoulders. "How to be a baaaaaad girl?"

"She didn't need my help." I smirk. "She just needed a rough push."

"Oh, so you were rough with her?" Donghyuck wiggles his eyebrows.

"Shut up, ugly." I hiss.

"Where's Renjun?" Sky asks.

My heart drops.

"A-Already?" I blurt out.

She nods. "We're here a bit early. Might as well go see him. Where is he?"

Jaemin and Donghyuck look towards me with an "and I oop-" expression.

I only shrug.

"He's...He's at the library." Donghyuck answers her and points behind us. "He's only there to drop off a book, though, so I don't know if he's still there or not."

"I'll check anyway. Thanks." She waves goodbye to us and leaves.

I watch her walk away and I can already feel the heartbreak.

"You look pretty down." Donghyuck chuckles and pulls a vape out of his pocket. "Wanna take some?"

I deny him. "I don't really do that stuff anymore."

"What? You stopped? First Jaemin and now you? You're leaving me behind!" He whines and stuffs it back into his pocket.

"You should stop too then." Jaemin tells his friends. "Or else you'll be addicted and I won't give you any money to feed that addiction."

Donhyuck scoffs.

"What made you wanna stop anyway?" Jaemin turns to me. "You used to do it all the time during school."

I shake my head. "I just don't anymore. I don't really crave for it anymore. Besides, Sky hates it."

"Oooo." Donghyuck giggles. "You're stopping for a girl?"

"You know what, you've even stopped cursing. Well, you don't curse as much." Jaemin points out.

"And you don't skip class anymore." Donghyuck adds.

I hold my hands up in defense. "Guys, look, I'm just getting rid of bad habits. That's all. Sky doesn't like any of that sh*t-stuff."

"Dude." Jaemin leans against the lockers with his arms crossed. "What happened last night?"

"Yeah, what happened with Sky?" Donghyuck copies Jaemin.

"Last night was great. It was fun. We went grocery shopping together. I taught her some things. We kissed. She cooked for me-"

"Wait, what?" Jaemin and Donhyuck jump away from the lockers.

"She made hamburgers for us. It was actually really good. She made that by herself too, from the patty to the bun. Well, she bought the buns, but the patty was formed with her hands-"

"Why did she kiss you if she likes Renjun?" Donghyuck interrupts.

"I was just...teaching her...she didn't know and ALLOWED me to teach her."

"Jeno," Jaemin closes his eyes in frustration. "We already told you. She's still going to like Renjun. You're HELPING her get with Renjun."

I look towards the ground. "I know..."

"And why is she wearing a dress like that?" Jaemin points behind him as if Sky was behind us. "Renjun is NOT into that kind of stuff."

"Renjun definitely does not like revealing clothes." Donghyuck agrees.

"She just...I may have...she might've thought..." I scratch my head, letting my sentence fall off.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her that Renjun would really like it, ok!" I confess bitterly. "I told her that the dress will make Renjun fall for her."

"Why would you say that?"

"I really wanted her to wear it. She looks so good in it." I pout. "I can't explain to you how badly I wanted to hug her this morning."

"You're about to get her rejected in front of her crush, Jeno. You do realize that, right?" Donghyuck questions me with a finger on my chest.

My eyebrows raised. "What? I-I didn't think of that."

Jaemin rolls his eyes. "Jeno, man, you're really not thinking straight."

"Should I go stop her then?" I push myself off the lockers.

"Yes! Go! The f**k, man, are you just gonna leave her to suffer?" Donghyuck shakes his head in a disappointed way.

"Ah, sh*t." I curse under my breath and started running towards the direction Sky left.

<•>

I enter the library, panting, and the strong smell of paper and coffee almost knocked me over.

"Why does the library smell so weird?" I mumble out loud, earning a bunch of shushes from passing book idiots.

I scan the entire library, not knowing where to start looking.

Usually Sky's at a table with a book in her face, but she's nowhere to be found.

I jog over to a random aisle. No Sky.

Next aisle. No Sky.

Did she leave already?

Just before I give up and leave, I hear familiar hushed voices coming from the aisle right next to me.

"Thanks, Renjun. It really means a lot." Sky whispers.

I follow their voices and peeked through the bookcase to see them.

Sky was standing with her back against the bookshelf with Renjun standing in front of her  with his back towards me.

F**k, I still can't get over Sky wearing that dress.

"I like you, Sky. You're a great girl and you have a wonderful taste in books." Renjun says with a chuckle.

I mentally groan.

This is how he flirts?

Well, it worked on Sky. She smiled and pulled him in for a pretty big hug.

And there goes my heart...breaking into two.

I should've seen this coming anyway. I've always knew this, right? This was going to happen sooner or later.

I step away from the books and exited the aisle with my hands stuffed in my pockets.

Renjun and Sky were going to get together. I knew that. It was going to happen.

Pretending to be her boyfriend wasn't enough and it wasn't going to stop their relationship from happening.

It makes way more sense.

Why do I feel like complete sh*t then?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 102 16
Where Lee Haechan doesn't believe in love, until Huang Renjun enters his life. - A short book where a lot of events happen. 03.30.22 - 04.23.22
6.6K 42 42
they met through an app. she wasn't perfect, she always showed a bright side of her but that wasn't truly her only they know read to find out :) // a...
1.9K 127 19
ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs TAKE NOTE:The characters here don't act like this in real life. English isn't my first language so there might be grammar m...