Hiraeth~Thomas, (The Scorch T...

By Stilinski_O_Brien

"How can you be homesick for a home you don't remember, for a home you never had?" More

Oof
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
DUDES

NINE

1.7K 31 1
By Stilinski_O_Brien

I shot up with a gasp sunlight pouring onto my face through a window. Newt gripped on to my shoulders, "Hey you're ok it's ok." He told me making me look at him in confusion, when did they get here and where were we?

"I suggest that you talk! You son of a bitch!" Jorge yelled punching that weird guy across the face, "Damn it! I'm sorry...you're going to have to leave my house." He told Jorge, he was tied to a chair, I figured he must've been Marcus, I knew he was lying to us.

"Looks like you've been having fun." Newt said to Thomas who came and stood by the couch we were on, he looked at me but I looked away thinking of the memory I had dreamt about. "Listen. I don't enjoy hurting you. Okay? Where is the Right Arm, Marcus?" Jorge continued, "Wait, this is Marcus?" Thomas interrupted. "The kid catches on quick. Are you the brains of the operation?" He laughed and Jorge grabbed him by the hair. "I know you know where they're hiding. So you tell me, and I'll make you a deal. You can come with us." Marcus giggled.

"I burned that bridge a long time ago. Besides, I made my own deal. You're the one who taught me, never miss an opportunity." He giggled again I really didn't like Marcus. "What's he talking about?" Newt asked, "I'm talking about supply and demand. WICKED wants all the Immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure the kids in...they get drunk, they have a good time. And then, later, WICKED comes in...they separate the wheat from the chaff." He said making my eyes narrow at him.

"I changed my mind, hermano. I do enjoy hurting you." Jorge said kicking the fair down and pulling a gun out. "Talk! Talk!" He said choking Marcus and pointing the gun at him.
"Okay! Jesus! But I'm not making any promises. These guys like to move around." He panted "They have an outpost in the mountains. But it's a long way away. You got half of WICKED on your ass. You're never gonna make it." Jorge laughed "Not on foot. Where's Bertha?" He asked, "Not Bertha." Marcus's lip quivered.  Jorge took the car keys and then knocked him out.

As he and Brenda left the room to find this Bertha I noticed that boy again the one who seemed familiar when we met Jorge, he turned around to face me eyes widening when they landed on me. I stood rapidly from my seat, tripping forward slightly but I didn't care, I noticed everyone in the room was watching me but I didn't care about that either. I made my way to the boy frozen in shock. I took in his simple cargo pants and long sleeved slightly tight shirt that clung to him nicely. His hair was in its usually messy do yet his smile was so bright as he took me in that I couldn't help the smile that stretched across my own face.

"Enrico?" I whispered hardly believing what I saw, he nodded and I pulled him into a hug so tight I probably cut his blood supply off, he didn't complain though he hugged me back just a tight. "You're here, you're alive." I began to cry as I pulled away to look at him, "I thought you were dead." I sobbed, "I thought you were too." He laughed wiping his own tears. I hugged him again crying harder, "Hey Rose don't cry look I'm here I'm fine, we're both fine." He told me wiping my tears, I nodded as I put my hands on either side of his face and really just looked at him.

His face was lightly stained with dirt and his eyes were worn down terrible bags beneath them, my eyes flitted across his face looking for any sign that he wasn't ok. My chest felt lighter as I looked at the carefree smile he sent me, his dimples flashing the way I loved. I was so happy that I couldn't control the happy tears running down my face staining it. I smoothed his thick eyebrows as they were slightly messy the hairs sticking in different directions making me want to laugh, the way I once would've back in the meadow.

I hugged him once more just taking in his warmth, I'd never felt safer than I did in this moment, Enrico's warmth was like a security blanket to me, I knew he'd always protect me as I would for him. I felt like I'd found a piece of my soul that I had believed to have been gone forever.

"Hold up what's going on?" Newt asked from across the room I forgot that they were watching us, "Enrico, was from my maze, he was our head butcher, or slicer as you called it." I told them, Enrico nodded wrapping an arm around my shoulder as I wrapped mine around his slightly slimmer waist. The gladers nodded, Aris already knew because he met Enrico when he first came to the WCKD facility with his group. I turned my face from Thomas's harsh glare remembering the events of last night all too well.

Before we could say anything else Brenda returned telling us they'd found Bertha. We all squeezed into the car I ended up sitting on Thomas's lap in the back. "Are you ok?" He asked me pushing a strand of my hair from my face, he was acting as though I hadn't completely ruined everything last night and I didn't know wether I loved it or just felt so incredibly guilty and embarrassed that I wanted the earth to open and just swallow me up. "Mmhm." I nodded and leaned into him resting my head on his shoulder, he wrapped his arms around me and I closed my eyes drowning the outside world out. "I'm sorry." I whispered up into his ear, I felt him shiver against me as he glanced down for a quick second, "it's alright, nothing to apologise for." He mumbled, I shifted slightly getting more comfortable and kissed his neck before dozing off to the hum of the truck.

"Well, I guess we're on foot." Jorge said as Thomas woke me and asked we climbed out of the truck. We'd reached a dead end as the road is front of us was filled with a line of cars blocking the way.

We walked a short while inspecting the cars for anything useful when suddenly we began to get shot at, "Get down! Take cover!" Newt yelled, Enrico quickly grabbed me and pulled me behind the car we were looking at. "Hey, is everyone okay out there?" Thomas asked, "We're fine." Teresa replied, "Anyone know where those bloody shots came from?" Newt asked. No one replied as we didn't know, "Everybody! Get set to sprint back to the truck! And hold your ears!" Jorge yelled out to us I looked at Enrico to see if he had any clue on what Jorge was planning but he simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Now! I said drop it! On your feet. Let's go. Let's go! Move!" I heard two girls yell, "You two," they both had guns and so did the boy with them. "over here now! Come on, let's go! Don't be stupid! Move. Slowly. Aris?" One of the girls recognised Aris and pulled her scarf down revealing her face. "Harriet?" Aris asked full of glee, I smiled softly as they reunited I remembered meeting them. "We're clear, guys! Come on out! Copy that! We're clear! Stand down!" They called out and everyone else on the mountains retreated. "My God, you're alive." Sonya whispered as she cupped Aris's cheeks.

I noticed the boy between them hadn't moved but he was staring at me and Enrico, I stared back wondering what his problem was. "Leo," Sonya called out to him and I didn't hear the end of her sentence as I took a step closer to him, could it really be Leo? It couldn't have been could it? He was supposed to be dead. Enrico grabbed me to stop me but I shrugged him off. Leo looked at me and shifted nervously as I came face to face with him.

I was certain that this was my Leo, but I gripped onto the material of his scarf to make sure and with my heart beating so rapidly it could've rivalled a hummingbirds, I gently lifted my fingers to curl around the soft material and with a small tug I pulled it down. A gasp escaped my throat and I heard Enrico gasp too as we looked at him. I took a step back as a tear ran down my cheek. I didn't know what to think, how was he here? "Rose." He stepped forward and put his warm hand on my shoulder, all of a sudden rage took over me as all I could think about was James. My face shifted in to one of pure disgust as I recoiled from his touch, "Don't Leo..." my voice wavered. "Rose...please." He whispered as his eyes listed over with tears.

I punched him directly in the face as he took another step towards me and watched with a mix of horror and glee as the force and the shock sent him flying back onto the ground.  I heard everyone gasp and the two girls cock their guns, but I couldn't even find it in me to gasp. I straddled him and punched him again, "it's ok." He told Sonya and Harriet who reluctantly lowered their guns. Thomas made a move forward to grab me but Enrico stopped him and shook his head.

I went to punch him a third time but I couldn't find it in me, instead I burst into tears, he quickly sat up and hugged me so now I was sat in his lap. "You killed James." I sobbed into his chest, "I know, I didn't want to." He told me, "yeah because you were trying to kill me." He hugged me tighter, "no Rose I'm so sorry I didn't mean to, it wasn't me." He told me. "You should've just come with us." I cried and he let out a laugh, "I know and I did want to, I'm sorry." He told me as I pushed myself up off of the dust covered ground. "It's ok, you weren't yourself." I told him as I gave him a hand to pull him up off the ground. "I'm sorry for punching you in your perfect face." I told him as the ghost of a smile made it's way to my face. I couldn't help but beam as he laughed, that sound was so beautiful so melodic that I could remember that it had always been one of my favourite sounds in the whole wide world. "Nah I deserved it." I laughed too, "you deserve more."

I hugged him properly, "I'm glad you survived loser." He ruffled my hair, "yeah, yeah love you too dumbass." He held his breath as Enrico made his way to us. Enrico held his hand out, Leo took it with a grin and they hugged, "glad to have you back bro." He grinned, and Leo "glad to be back." He said as he gave him a nod.

Since everything was all good Leo, Harriet and Sonya led us up the mountain. There were a load of trucks, "We're taking them to base." Leo announced and they nodded. "Wait, so, how did you guys get here?" Aris asked them. "The Right Arm got us out." Harriet said "Wait. The Right Arm? Do you know where they are?" Thomas asked her. "Hop in."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 11 11
You wake up, the only girl in a place full of boys. You think you are one of them until you remember the things you've done in your past life...
216K 3.9K 44
Fem!ReaderxNewt Imagines, including requests, AUs and crossovers. As of Saturday 9th of January 2021, Requests are closed! Slow updates with no updat...
124K 2.9K 10
I'd like to say you've changed but you're always the same.
255K 3.4K 43
The Maze Runner: Imagines and Preferences [Completed - Requests are CLOSED] ** currently being edited **