Switched

By Luna_Hime20

What if everything was switched around? what if Naruto was never the kyuubi holder, and The Uchiha massacred... More

🌸🌸
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
🌸Not a Chapter🌸
12
13
14
15
16
⚠️Not a Chapter⚠️
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
Not a Chapter
52
53
54
55
56
Authors note
57
58
59
60
61
•ɳσƭ α ૮ɦαρƭε૨•

50

843 27 6
By Luna_Hime20

Sakura's POV

I've been traveling over a month now, I've visited villages that have really good medics but the answer still remains the same. They answer with a 'I'm sorry we can't do nothing for you..." and such. At this point I am just wondering off into random lands meeting more random people. A few days ago I met a boy named Koga and his sister Mina, I helped them find their parents because they were kidnapped during a trip to the land of Sound but managed to escape. At the end I helped them reunite with their parents, it was a scene that expressed many emotions and the gratitude their parents showed me for bringing their babies back to them but to tell the truth I felt absolutely nothing.

My days have grown quieter because my Inner is gone, I haven't heard from Kurama and honestly I don't know what to do anymore. I've thought of going to Suna and stay there for the remaining of my time outside the village, but I'm a bit hesitant.

I've felt chakras following me around, they aren't powerful but they aren't weak either... thoughts of killing them have crossed my mind so many times but I always stop myself, and I don't know why...

I raised my head up, looking at the leaves above me, the tall trees cover most of the sky with their branches and leaves. The wind felt nice against my skin, it's peaceful, and quiet. But at the end something feels wrong.

All of this time could have been Inner enjoying this scenery and Kurama could've been out and free, but...Inner didn't...she didn't want it that way...

"Kid go to Suna, it will benefit you...please hurry before they decide to do something to you." Kurama's voice ranged in the silence of my mind.

"Kurama" I was about to ask him why going to Suna will benefit me any kind of way, but I was quickly interrupted by a woman.

"Jinchuriki you're mine now." She said and was about to attack me when a man with shark like features stopped her. "Konan, leader-Sama is going to kill us if you get her right now. Let's go." He said making me wonder, who is this Leader-sama they're talking about and what does it have to do with me?

"Who are you two?" I asked them, they looked at me and with a smile they said. "You're worst nightmare."

Are these two stupid? Do they know who they are talking to? I'm the worst nightmare to every single person around me... why would they say that they are my worst nightmare when in reality their powers are just a speck of dust right next to mine? "Hn, next time you two stop me for something so insignificant you're dead, got it?" I threatened them but when I turned to look at the place they were at I found it empty.

Did these two idiots dare to leave me talking to myself....I searched for their chakra's but found them already far away, I shook my head and started to make my way to Suna. I wonder why Kurama was alarmed by those two idiots?

.

.

.

My journey to Suna was nothing special, the whole way there Kurama never spoke a word. Sometimes I come to the conclusion that hearing his voice is only an act of my imagination, maybe I've gone crazy? If so I wouldn't be surprised.

"Hey! stop right there! state your name, rank, and reason for coming to the Sand village." one of the guards said to me once I had reached the main gates of the village.

"Hatake-Haruno Sakura. I'm a kunoichi from the Leaf Village, and I came to visit the Kazekage." I said in my scary voice, scaring the guards watching them tremble by just feeling the immense chakra that roles off me like waves.

"I-I will escort you to the Kazekage's office." One of the guards said trying to pretend to be strong.

"Hn, do whatever." I responded as I made my way further inside the village with the guard behind me.

We walked in silence and once we reached the doors to the Kazekage's office, he bowed down and left quickly. I rolled my eyes as I watched him scurry off, Gaara needs to toughen his shinobi's.

I knocked on the door and opened it when I heard Gaara's voice say a faint 'come in'.

I entered the office finding my old friend with a tired gaze.

"S-Sakura?! Oh Kami, it's you! How have you been? It's been a while..." he said as he stood up really fast, his face litting up like a christmas tree as he made his way towards me engulfing me in a bear hug.

"Gaara... I've been okay. What about you?" I asked it truly has been a while since I last saw him. I remember him helping Naruto and I after assinating Orochimaru.

"I-I-I've been good..." He said stuttering, why is he stuttering? That's when I realized he was crying, he held me tight.

"S-Sakura-chan you must stop being stupid and go back home. Back to the people that love you, stop cutting us off from your life, you may not feel but we do, we love you and worry about you. You have no idea how worried I was when Sasuke told me you were gone again. Please let us help you..." He said and his words did something in me, I felt how something moved inside of me.

"Gaara.." I was about to say something when he cut me off and stepped away from me.

"Sakura-chan....Shukaku wants to speak to Kurama, he's asking if that's alright with you." He said hestitant.

"Sure." I responded as I bit my thumb withdrawing blood, Gaara did the same and we created a small portal in which a small portion of Gaara's sand entered. I felt the power of Shukaku wonder in the dephs of my mind.

Everything was fine until I started to see black. " Ga..ara...what's going on?" I asked but something blocked away all sound, sight, and soon my sense of smell out. I closed my eyes and concentrated, I slowly brought myself down to the ground and sat down as I searched the cause of this occurences.

That's when I heard voices talking back and forth like if they were in a argument.

"Kurama?Shukaku?" I asked but nobody responded.

"You simply can't do this to her!" This voice sounds like Kurama's...

"You think I want to?! She's a human for Kami's sake! She's going to die either way!"

"She's my human, therefore she's my problem not yours!" What are they talking about?

"If we don't do this, many will die! A war will he unleashed and Gaara might get killed...."

"Your only worry is that your human might die yet you don't care if mine dies! I will not kill her, not now not ever, do you hear me?" Kurama's voice holds anger....why is he so angry?

"If you don't then I will. I once saw her as an ally but her power keeps increasing to a dangerous rate and you know this Kurama. You know very well that she might cause the deaths of countless lives in a matter of time...and if that happens you will be held accountable for it."

"She...she isn't like that. She will never let the curse mark blind her completely, she's better than that." Kurama...

"She isn't good not to you not to others, she must die, it's a must. Her existance was a mistake."

"Shukaku. get. out. I don't want to hear the shit that's coming out of your mouth anymore. I have enough of all the stupid crap you have been talking about for the last few minutes. If your goal is killing Sakura then you must get through me first. Don't ask that human of yours to let you speak to me once more because I don't want to hear it not until you change your mind and repent for the things you have said today. Leave." I heard Kurama's last words before my mind got quiet once more...so Shukaku wants me dead huh....

A few minutes after that, my senses came back to me. I opened my eyes slowly finding a concerned Gaara.

"So...what happened?" He asked curiously.

"Nothing," I can't bring myself to tell him that his one tailed fox demon wants me dead. That will shatter him knowing very well that I take a special place in his heart. After all I was his first friend and because of me, the bond between him and his sibilings grew.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I responded as I tried getting up from the ground, dusting myself off on the process.

"O~Okay, so change of topic. What made you come to the village? I assume it isn't to come and pay me a visit?" He asked as he took a seat behind his desk while placing his hands under his chin.

"Kurama told me to come." I stated.

"Oh?"

"With your permission I would like to stay here for about a month until I have to go back to Konoha, I plead silence on my existence here in the Sand village, I don't want any ninja's from my village be snooping behind me like dogs."

"Sakura-chan you can stay here as long as you'd like. Don't worry, I respect your decision. I'll ask Kankuro to go and prepare you the room you'll be staying at." He said, he didn't give me the chance to tell him that I could simply stay at a Inn when he was already talking on the phone.

After he finished speaking on the phone, loud footsteps were heard noisily coming towards the office.

They became louder and heavier, suddenly the door was opened abruptly as the footsteps stopped at the entrance to the office revealing a really hyper and really happy Kankuro.

"Pinky-Chan!!!" He exclaimed when he saw me. "I can't believe you're here! It's been ages since I last saw you!" He let out as he came and gave me a bear hug.

"It's only been two months..." I murmured.

"Come with me! I'll show you where you'll be staying at for the time you're here." He said, "Ne, Gaara when you're done with the Kazekage paper work join Pinky and me to the festival, remember it starts today." Kankuro said to Gaara and in response Gaara let out a grunt.

"Have fun  with the paper work little bro!" Kankuro exclaimed as he took my hand and dragged me towards the outside. Once we got outside he let go of my hand, "Ne, Pinky where have you been? It's been two months since we last saw you...what have you been up to, huh?" he said in a kind of serious tone.

"Nothing that you should worry about, Kankuro."  I stated, he hummed. "I have someone that wants to see you." He spoke again after three minutes of being silent.

"Hn."

"Don't 'hn' me Sakura-chan. You ain't an Uchiha...yet." He said in his goofy tone once again, making the thought of murder cross my mind.

"Hn." I said once more making him burst in laughter, what's so funny?

"You're hilarious Sakura-chan, you really want that Uchiha am I right or am I right? You're vocabulary is so similar that makes me quite jealous, hahaha."  He said wiggling his eyebrow making me want to die sooner.

"Kankuro shut up before I kill you." I threatened, his jokes aren't funny at all.

"Aww c'mon Sak don't be such a party pooper, hey look! we're here." He said as he pointed to a house that brought back some memories.

"She's inside waiting for you... I'll wait for you outside.."He said softly...what's with the mood swing?

I entered quietly inside looking for her chakra which I found really low...

"Chiyo?" I said once I saw her in her bed with terrible breathing patterns.

"Sakura-chan! you made it, I'm glad! It's been ages I've last seen you child how have you been?" she exlaimed happily as she lift her gaze to meet mine and that's when her mood changed into a sadden one. "W-what happened to you child?" she whispered sadly.

"Chiyo-baa-chan....I've been...okay.. and many things have happened ..." Lying was a trait that I never really struggled with and when my emotions disappeared by lies became almost as good as telling the truth. Telling her that I've been okay makes me want to believe it to..

"Child... what happened to your hair, your eyes, and for Kami's sake what happened to your arms.... your eyes don't hold that shine that used to be there, your voice is the same but it carries no emotions... and..and your chakra is... it is in a dangerous peak... child please tell me what happened." she said as she tried getting up but struggled to do so.

I came towards her pulling a chair to the right side of her bed as I helped her back to her bed while trying my best to transmit the good medic chakra to her, soothing any type of problems she may have. Once she relaxed a little I started to tell her my story, pausing a few times.

When I finished she cried and cried, her fragile body shaked miserably. I didn't know what to do so I just hugged her, her tears came nonstop. We remained like that until her breathing became even and I knew she had fallen asleep.

I summoned a clone to be there for her when she wakes up, I gave it strict instructions to use medical ninjutsu if she needed and suppress our power to not harm her. When I was done giving the instructions I left the house finding a knocked out Kankuro snoring the sounds away.

"Kankuro wake up. It's time to leave..." I said while a tapped him on the shoulder.

"Five more minutes Temari....." he trailed off then suddenly he opened his eyes widely. "Oh it's you Sak..I thought my sister was back." He said as he gave out a loud yawn.

"What do we do now? And how was it?" He asked curiously.

"I believe it's time to go meet up with Gaara, and it went good." I said, not really bothering to tell him any sort of detail.

"Hn okay, lets go! This festival is going to be so much fun!" He said happily.

The walk to the Kazekage's office was everything but quiet. Kankuro wouldn't shut up and I was seriously thinking of murder once again for the third time today.

When we entered the office, we found Gaara gazing down to a cactus plant. His gaze held so much nostalgia, which reminded me of that cactus neckless he once had given me, the same neckless that left with Inner....

"Gaara." Kankuro said firmly, "lets go."

"Yeah..." He said while walking past me. It didn't bother me, it really didn't because I knew that the look he had was because of me....I cause most of the pain around me, but unfortunately I can't do nothing about it.

We walked quietly through the streets of the Sand Village, the streets were lighted up with colorful lights in circular paper lamps. Children were playing around cheerfully and adults talked happily.

"Gaara...During the time I stay here in your village I would like to make my time here useful, so with your permission I would like to train your shinobi's and kunoichi's into something stronger. The guards that were at the entrance when I got here acted intimidated with my tone of voice and to say, that shouldn't happen for the safety of the village and yourself. So what do you say?" I prompted.

"Is that something that will help you stay here as you promised and not wonder off again?" He finally said, it's true when they said that the eyes are the key to the soul because through his eyes I see nothing else but sadness.

"Yeah sure." I responded.

"Alright then, you can start tomorrow. I expect good results because after all, you are the most feared throughout the whole five nations." He said with a small smile at the end.

"Hn...." I trailed off, feeling ready to drift my mind some where else that's not here.

"See what did I tell yah....she's training to be an Uchiha, she keeps copying their vocabulary. Gaara I am not making things up, really..." Kankuro murmured to Gaara. This boy he sure wants to die soon.

After that we walked in silence, peaceful silence that felt just right. We ate Dango's under a huge cherry tree that Gaara had grown over the years, and it somehow managed to grow. And when we were done we spent the night gazing at the stars, it felt nice but... to me it felt like a world where I didn't belong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

733K 27.1K 37
"You know, the thing about failure is that it only makes me want to try harder." . . Minato and Kushina survived the Kyuubi...
146K 5K 20
Rose was left at an orphanage after the death of her parents, living under the abuse of the head matron. After creating bonds with the other children...
520K 7.5K 37
WARNING!!!! I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS IN LIKE 5TH GRADE AND THE WRITING IS REALLY BAD AND THE STORYLINE DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! I tried editing it, but t...
54.3K 2.1K 26
The war was successful, and they won. Sasuke returned to the village, and Naruto and Sakura both made their dreams come true. They had families, and...