In Your Dreams | K. MIKAELSON

Door sectxmsemmpra

Maya Lockwood is the opposite of normal. She is friends with werewolves and vampires and deals with the ups a... Meer

1 | Everything Has Changed
2 | The Kids Aren't Alright
3 | Promises, Promises
4 | Wide Eyed
5 | Keep Breathing
7 | The Weight Of Us
8 | I Don't Want To Be
9 | I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth
10 | Hold On
11 | Paper Doll
12 | Undrunk
13 | Exhale
14 | We'll Be The Stars
15 | Clarity
16 | Papa Don't Preach
17 | Can't Blame A Girl For Trying
18 | Inevitable
19 | Pillowcase
20 | Worth It
21 | Why
22 | Enemy Fire
23 | Him & I
24 | Cry For You
25 | Sweet But Psycho
26 | Forever Young
27 | I Can't Breathe
28 | All We Have Is Love
29 | Consequences
30 | Never Really Over
0 | Epilogue
0 | my sincerest apologies

6 | I Need To Know

5.7K 105 31
Door sectxmsemmpra

Maya found herself walking through the woods. She entered the old abandoned house where the witches were burned. Voices began whispering around her as she entered the basement and saw four coffins. She walks toward the coffin that was raised slightly higher and it opened. Klaus was inside, holding Elena's necklace. She then reached in to grab it but she heard a noise behind her causing her to turn around. Before she could see what it was, she woke up with a shout.

Tyler woke up at the shout and immediately went to his sister's room, "What happened?"

"Nothing, it was just a bad dream."

"You haven't had a dream that you could remember since you were younger and had that same dream about the woods."

"Yeah, well it wasn't that dream, and I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, go back to bed."

Maya met up with Bonnie and Elena for some long needed girl time.

"I feel like I'm going crazy. Totally paranoid all the time," Elena said after explaining what happened on her jog.

"You have a right to be. Klaus is still out there and he knows you tried to kill him," Bonnie said in an attempt to comfort her.

"Why hasn't he made a move? There has been no sign of him. Nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity."

"Join the club. Everytime I close my eyes, I have that nightmare. On repeat."

"The same dream?"

"Yeah! Four coffins, Klaus is in one of them. It's weird."

"Wait," Maya said cutting the conversation off, "was he holding Elena's necklace?"

"Yes..." Bonnie said in confusion.

"Oh God," Maya groaned rubbing her temples.

"What?" Elena asked.

"I've been having the same dream."

"What if it's not just some dream? What if it's like...you know...witch dream? I mean with everything going on lately Maya, it's possible."

"It's just stress. We'll figure it out. And what about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?"

"He betrayed us Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone."

"How is Damon handling it?"

"Damon is...Damon."

Maya stood up and walked to the bar, sitting next to where Damon sat, leaving Bonnie and Elena to their conversation. After a few flirtatious comments and flips of her hair, Maya managed to get herself a shot from the bartender.

She went to take a swing of it when it was suddenly taken from her. "Nice of you to think of me," Alaric said with Maya's drink in his hand.

"Buzzkill."

"Where's Jeremy?" Alaric asked throwing down his end of term paper that had a big fat 'F' on it. "He didn't even try and cover it up, just straight up copy and paste."

"Wait, are you talking about Jeremy as in Jeremy Gilbert?" the bartender asked.

"Yeah."

"He was fired a week ago."

"Looks like you have other things to worry about," Maya said before taking her shot back and she then took it before Alaric could protest. "I needed that more than you know."

Alaric shot her a look before taking the paper and leaving. Alongside him, Bonnie had also left to see if she could figure anything out about the dream.

"Jeremy, the minute that you get this call me!!" Elena shouted into her phone before she hung up.

"Unbelievable!" she shouted in anger.

"You are feisty when you are mad," Damon smirked.

"It's not that I'm mad. I'm just-I'm worried."

"But why? He lost his job at the Grill. He can survive, Elena."

"He is spiraling. Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he is moody, he is not really talking to anyone."

"He's being a typical teenager."

"Who's seeing ghosts and has lost everyone that he cares about."

"Not everyone. He still has you."

"I would kill to be in his shoes," Maya said from her position at the bar before taking another shot, causing Damon and Elena to look at her.

"What? He gets to talk to people who are dead, which is freaking awesome. He's only avoiding you because you care not because you did something wrong. Compared to everyone else, his life sounds pretty good."

Damon shot another dart before going to collect them all.

"Are you two okay?" Elena asked.

"I don't know about him, but I am fantastic," Maya said, saying 'fantastic' in a French accent.

"What makes you think I'm not okay?" Damon argued.

"Well, you're day-drunk. It's not exactly your most attractive look."

"Hmm...what is my most attractive look?" Damon said moving closer to her.

"I'm not saying you have any attractive looks. I'm saying this is my least favorite one..."

"Noted. See if I can make any improvements."

Maya had stood up but tripped over the stool, before she could fall, someone caught her. She stared up at her hero to see that it was Klaus, they looked at each other for a brief moment before he spoke.

"Don't mind me," Klaus said before standing Maya back up, Maya appeared to immediately sober up and stare at him with an unreadable expression.

"Klaus," Elena said from her position behind Damon, who had stood in front of her protectively.

"You gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?"

"I don't know what you are talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate."

"Get a round in, would you Tony?" Klaus said to a man that was apparently familiar to Elena because she looked shocked.

"I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour."

"My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out."

"Cute blonde bombshell, psycho," Damon said.

"Amen to that sister," Maya said before grabbing her head in pain, "I'm gonna sit down."

"Shouldn't be too hard to find," Damon finished, ignoring Maya's comment.

"Truth is I've grown to rather like your little town. Think I might fancy a home here. Oh, I imagine you're wondering how does this will affect you. The answer is: not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word."

"What more could you possibly want?" Elena asked.

"Well for starters, you can tell me where I might find Stefan."

"Stefan went bye-bye," Maya said from her seat.

"Well you see that is a shame," Klaus said taking a dart and throwing it right at the bulls-eye. "Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine."

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem," Elena said.

Klaus then stepped toward Elena but Damon stepped between them causing Klaus to smirk, "Ha. Well this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart."

Maya laid her head down on the bar as the bartender handed her another shot. She went to take it but someone stopped her. "I think you've had enough," the thick British accent boomed in her ears.

"Ah, Klaus, how amazing to see you again!" Maya said sarcastically.

"Coffee for the drunk one," Klaus said to the bartender who nodded in response. "I need you sober for what I'm going to tell you."

"And what's that, Mr. Hybrid Man?"

"That would be the answer to what's going on with you, or at least an educated guess."

"How did you figure it out?"

"I have sources."

The bartender came back with the coffee, Maya began to drink it.

"How am I supposed to trust you?"

"You just have to."

She let out a sigh, feeling better already. With the mix of werewolf healing and coffee, she was sober in no time. She was about to ask him what was going on with her but was interrupted by a text from Bonnie.

"I have to go," Maya said standing up.

"Well, when you want to know what's going on with you, let me know."

"Meet me outside of my house, at 8 tonight."

"Okay," Klaus said before Maya left to join Bonnie at the creepy house.

They both entered and heard the same voices from the dream. They headed to the basement but there were no coffins.

"They should be here," Maya muttered mostly to herself.

"Hello Bonnie, Maya," Bonnie turned around but Maya jumped at the sudden noise. They both turned around but Bonnie was the first to speak.

"Stefan. You followed us here?"

"Yeah. Wasn't too hard. You two should probably be more careful."

"What do you want with us?"

"Relax. I just need your help."

"Why would I help you? Elena said you saved Klaus's life."

"Let me fill you in on a little secret about Klaus. He kept his family with him at all times...daggered. Stored in coffins. And now I have them, and I need you to help keep them hidden."

"Are you out of your mind? You're just gonna make him angrier."

"His family is his one weakness. As long as I have that, I can ruin him."

"I don't have enough power to hide four Originals!"

"You're a witch. You have Maya. You hate Klaus. I know you can figure something out."

"If you think we're going to help one psychopath get back at another, you are sorely mistaken," Maya said in response.

"I can't do it alone," Bonnie said turning to Maya.

"You're actually helping him?"

"As much as I may be pissed at Stefan, Klaus is much worse and deserves what he gets."

"You're lighting a fire you can't put out, Bonnie," Maya said looking at her phone. Elena texted her saying Tyler was at her house and up to something. "I have to go."

"You can't go," Stefan said as she walked toward the door.

"Watch me," she said before leaving and going to Elena's house.

As she was heading to Elena's house some jerk cut her off. She caught a glimpse of him, it was Tony from the grill. She immediately sped up and tried to catch up to him. Jeremy was standing in the street and was about to be hit when Alaric pushed him out of the way and got hit instead. Maya slammed on the brakes and quickly got out of the car. She ran over to Alaric, who laid on the floor choking on his own blood.

"Ric, come on, you can't die on me now," Maya knelt down next to him and held his hand. She noticed his ring and let out a sigh of relief, "You're going to be okay."

"We have to get him inside," Elena looking around.

"If we move him, he'll be in more pain then he already is..."

"Bonnie can take away pain, maybe you can?"

"I can try," Maya then focused on Alaric, she gripped his hand and prayed that it would work. Alaric seemed to relax as he slowly drifted off. Maya picked up Alaric with help from Jeremy and brought him inside placing him on the couch.

"Now we wait," Elena said letting out a sigh.

"What happened?" Maya asked.

"It was Klaus, he had Tyler get Jeremy off vervain and then he compelled him. Jeremy was on the phone then he went out which is when the car came. Alaric jumped in front of the car, which you already know."

Maya let out a sigh as she sat on the floor next to Alaric. "How long does it usually take?"

"Depends."

The three of them sat silently after Elena scolded Jeremy for hanging with Tyler. The only thing that could be heard from the house was the clanking of a few dishes and the heavy breathing of Maya who feared losing yet another father figure in her life.

"Shouldn't he be awake by now? Maybe you can only cheat death so many times?" Maya said started to freak out. She was too scared that she didn't hear the gasp that came from Alaric.

"Maybe you're right, but not today." His voice was music to Maya's ears. She immediately jumped up and wrapped him in a tight hug. "I kind of need to breathe."

"Don't do anything stupid like that again."

"It's not like I'm dead."

"But you could have been."

He let out a sigh and rubbed his head, "I'm sorry."

"You should be," Maya said looking at the clock and seeing the time, "I have to go."

"Where?"

"I have things to do," she said turning to Elena, "I'll call you later."

She then went home and found Klaus waiting for her on the porch.

"You aren't very punctual, are you?" he said with a small smirk plastered on his face.

"Just tell me what's wrong with me so you can leave."

"Only because you asked so nicely." He stepped down the steps of the porch and joined her in the yard. "You're a witch."

"How is that even possible?"

"How is being both a werewolf and a vampire possible?"

"Right..."

"Talk to your friend the Bennett witch, she can help you through it."

"Is that all?"

"Why are you so eager to get rid of me?"

"Because you sent one of your minions to kill Jeremy."

"Ah, you heard about that. That was me just sending a message."

"We know you want Stefan, we have no idea where he is, so just leave us the hell alone."

"I don't believe you."

"What was that thing you told me to do, trust? You're a bit of a hypocrite if you haven't noticed."

"You don't know anything about me," he said stepping closer but Maya barely noticed. They were practically touching, chest to chest.

Maya felt her breath hitch in her throat but didn't back down, "Don't I though? You act all high and mighty, like you're better than everyone, but you aren't. You are just like the rest of us. You want people to love you and you don't want to be alone. You wanted to create a hybrid family because you're afraid that everyone will leave you but with them they won't because they can't. They don't really love you, and I feel sorry for you. You don't care for anyone and I honestly don't think you can."

"You're wrong." His face seemed to move closer to her but she didn't move away.

"Am I?"

"I do care about someone."

"I find that hard to believe. Who's the unlucky person."

"I care about y-" he said before he was cut off by a voice that caused Maya to jump back.

"Well I definitely didn't expect to see this," Alaric's voice was calm yet confused.

"He was just leaving," Maya said before walking toward her house.

"So it would appear, until next time love," Klaus said before vamp-speeding off.

"Care to explain?" Alaric asked with a serious expression, but an amused look trying to fight it's way to the surface.

"It was nothing."

"You two were pretty close together."

"Are you gonna come on, or stay out here?" Maya said before walking inside.

Alaric joined her seconds later and he took a seat at the table.

"You hungry?" she asked while looking through the fridge.

"No."

"Good, because we have no food." She then joined him at the table. "So about what happened..."

"You don't have to explain yourself."

"Yes, I do. He came over because I invited him. I needed answers."

"And what did he tell you?"

"Apparently, I'm a witch. He wasn't sure how, but it's what I am."

"So you're a hybrid?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"I'm going to head to bed before Tyler gets home, if I see him, I won't be able to resist murdering him. Was there something you needed to talk about?" Maya asked.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon."

She smiled a small but evident smile before saying her goodbyes, "Don't get yourself killed again."

"I won't," he said before leaving.

Maya ran up the stairs as fast as she could when she heard a car pull up and laid in her bed.

"Maya?" Tyler said opening her door. She ignored him and he let out a sigh before shutting the door and leaving.

Before Maya knew it, she was fast asleep.

Maya was woken up by the shrilling sound of her cell phone ringing. "It's Elena. We're taking Alaric to the hospital, meet us there."

"What, why, what happened?" Maya said panicking, "He was fine when he came over earlier."

"Something's wrong with the ring, he'll be fine. You should still come."

"I'll be there soon."

Maya threw on her shoes and left her room, as she went to go downstairs she was stopped by the one person she couldn't handle seeing at the moment.

"Is everything okay?" Tyler asked from his room.

"No thanks to you."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know Klaus was going to kill someone."

"It's Klaus, what did you expect? Now, if you'll excuse me, my family needs me."

She left the house without saying another word and immediately made her way to the hospital.

She walked up to the front desk and asked where Alaric was, they led her to his room. She walked in and he was standing up playing with his ring. Without saying a word, she entered his room and enveloped him in a hug.

"You need to stop with that whole almost dying thing," she mumbled against his neck before pulling away and hitting his shoulder.

"Ow, what was that for?"

"For almost dying. Again."

Before he could respond they were interrupted. "Mr. Saltzman. What are you doing up? You should be resting."

"Ah, I'm more of a walk it off kinda guy. Do I need to sign something?"

"Internal hemorrhaging, three broken ribs and a concussion. I have no idea how you're on your feet right now but I need to run some more tests."

"I actually have some place I need to be but...thank you...Dr...."

Maya turned around to look at the familiar face, "Meredith Fell."

"Maya? Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's been awhile hasn't it?"

"You two know each other?" Alaric asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"She used to babysit Tyler and I, but last time I checked she had skipped town."

"That's a complicated story, for another time. Mr. Saltzman...what is your secret? Guardian angel or did you sell your soul to the devil?"

"Hm...a little of both," he said before walking out, Maya following behind him.

Maya's phone dinged indicating a text from Bonnie, she said to meet her at the old witch house.

"I'll drop you off at home and then I have to go meet Bonnie," Maya said as they got in the car.

"Where are you going?"

"The old witch house."

"Why?"

"Oh right, I didn't tell you about my dreams."

"Your dreams?"

"Well more like 'dream,' it's the same one over and over."

"What happens in it?"

"Well, basically it always starts where the witches were burned. I go into the abandoned house and down to the attic. There are four coffins, one slightly higher than the other. I open the one that's higher and it's Klaus holding Elena's necklace. I then hear a noise, turn around, and wake up. Bonnie's been having the same one."

"So it's all witch related?"

"I guess so." She pulled into the driveway and Alaric got out. "Hey, don't get yourself killed again."

He rolled his eyes before walking inside, she was thankful he was alive and well.

Maya made her way to the basement to find Stefan and Bonnie surrounded by the four coffins from her dream. "Those definitely weren't there before."

"This is the one I dreamed about," Bonnie said attempting to open the one that always had Klaus in it.

"Don't bother. It won't open," Stefan pointed out.

"What do you mean? Is it locked?"

"Nope. Just won't open. I've tried everything. Blow torch, axe, crowbar. Can't even scratch the finish."

"I think it's closed with a spell."

"Meaning whatever is in there, should probably stay in there."

"You said you wanted to make him suffer. The witches led me here for a reason. I think whatever is inside this coffin is our answer."

"Wait, so what am I doing here?" Maya asked in confusion. Bonnie and Stefan both looked at each other before Bonnie turned to her and spoke.

"It's the witches."

"What about them?"

"They've been calling for you."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

169K 6.5K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
642K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
49.8K 1K 115
What if Klaus actually had a child before Hope and she was living right under his nose in Mystic Falls. Your name is Nicole Lockwood. You live with...
197K 2.1K 63
How would you feel if you were in The Vampire Diaries? Would you be a witch, a wolf, a vampire or human? What if you fell for a character and they fe...