In Your Dreams | K. MIKAELSON

By sectxmsemmpra

Maya Lockwood is the opposite of normal. She is friends with werewolves and vampires and deals with the ups a... More

1 | Everything Has Changed
2 | The Kids Aren't Alright
3 | Promises, Promises
4 | Wide Eyed
6 | I Need To Know
7 | The Weight Of Us
8 | I Don't Want To Be
9 | I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth
10 | Hold On
11 | Paper Doll
12 | Undrunk
13 | Exhale
14 | We'll Be The Stars
15 | Clarity
16 | Papa Don't Preach
17 | Can't Blame A Girl For Trying
18 | Inevitable
19 | Pillowcase
20 | Worth It
21 | Why
22 | Enemy Fire
23 | Him & I
24 | Cry For You
25 | Sweet But Psycho
26 | Forever Young
27 | I Can't Breathe
28 | All We Have Is Love
29 | Consequences
30 | Never Really Over
0 | Epilogue
0 | my sincerest apologies

5 | Keep Breathing

5.6K 115 33
By sectxmsemmpra

"Let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait," Stefan suggested.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena suggested.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. Try to make it realistic," Damon added.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena trailed off.

"We drove it through his heart," Maya piped up.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Stefan asked.

"Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof," Elena pointed out.

"Then I shall be dead," Mikael said entering the room dramatically.

"What if he wants to see you in person?"

"Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him."

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

"Where is it?" Stefan asked intrigued.

Mikael dipped the dagger in the white oak ash, "Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?"

"You leaving this in my heart."

"You sure as hell deserve it," Maya remarked not intending on anyone hearing but she then remembered she was in a room full of vampires.

"Excuse me?" Mikael said a little shocked that Maya would speak to him that way.

"Klaus didn't just become evil, you made him that way. You treated him horribly and he is only the way he is now because of you."

"I should kill you right now you filthy mutt."

"Aw, that's cute, you think I'm scared of you."

Mikael then hissed and took a step closer to her, she took the dagger from his hand, and plunged it into his heart, "Bye, bye."

Stefan then called up Klaus who answered after the first ring.

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father is dead."

"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

"Mikael followed Elena to our house, he was going to use her as bait to get to you. Damon and I then vervained him and Maya stabbed him with the dagger covered in white oak ash."

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself."

"Well, he is here. Come by whenever."

"If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?"

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes.'

"I wanna talk to Rebekah."

"That's not a problem. She is right here."

"Hello Nik."

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with the dagger?"

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here."

"I'll be home soon."

"Good. I'll see you then, brother," she hung up the phone and turned to every one, "He bought it. He's coming home."

"Now-was that easy or what?" Damon smirked and turned to Maya, "Take out the dagger."

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

"Fine, on one condition," Maya said looking at everybody, "as soon as Klaus is dead, Mikael is next."

"Deal."

Maya then bent over and pulled the dagger out, "Now we wait."

"Hey, can you hand me the glitter gun?" Caroline asked as Maya, Tyler and her worked on decorations for Homecoming, "Thanks."

"Why do I have to help decorate if I'm not even going?" Maya groaned.

"Because you love me."

"Debatable," Maya joked.

"Hey, can't we ditch the decorating and go grab a bite?" Tyler asked.

"Oh, I have a thermos in my bag."

"I mean a real bite. Rebekah knows some people who like to be fed on. They're into it, we don't even have to compel them."

"Okay, first of all, I finally almost just got your mother to stop hating me- so I probably don't wanna get caught in some weird vampire threesome with her son. And secondly, quit hanging out with Rebekah the evil blood slut."

"Just keep the claws in tonight at the dance, okay? For me?"

"So, who has the misfortune of being compelled to be her date?"

"Matt said he'd take her."

"What? You set her up with Matt?"

"She wants to go to the dance and he didn't have anyone to go with. He drinks vervain. She can't feed on him, what's the big deal?"

"The big deal, Tyler, is that Matt is an innocent, good person, who should not be going to dances with evil blood sluts!"

"Matt's a guy, Caroline. And Rebekah is hot, don't overthink this."

"This is a sire thing, isn't it? Please tell me this is some weird family extension of your sire bond to Klaus!"

"I'm here, hanging streamers and I have glitter all over my hands. If I'm sired to anybody it's you."

Maya mentally gagged at the last comment, "I'm going home to sleep, have fun at the dance."

Maya's nap was cut short when the sound a rock band shook the house. "What the hell?" Maya mumbled as she rubbed her eyes.

She threw on her hoodie and walked downstairs to be greeted by far too many high schoolers, some she knew but most she had never met.

She found Tyler and was about to approach him when he walked over to Stefan, she chose to listen in.

"Hey Stefan! What's up?"

"Hey Tyler. Nice party you've got going on."

"Thanks, but I'm not the one throwing it. I'm just doing what Klaus wants."

"What do you mean?"

"It's not a party, man. It's a wake."

"Damn it, Tyler," Maya whispered causing Stefan to look up but she disappeared before he saw her.

Klaus walked onto stage and everyone cheered, "Good evening everyone! I wanna thank you for being here with me to celebrate! It's been a long time coming!"

Maya continued her walk around the house ignoring the looks she got from people for wearing shorts and a sweatshirt. She stumbled upon Klaus and Tyler.

"My mom would seriously freak if she saw all these people here," Tyler pointed out.

"Your mother won't be a problem: I compelled her to go to church and pray for your friends," Klaus reassured him.

"What are you talking about?"

"I want you to look around. There is Bonnie, there is Elena and Matt and there's your pretty little girlfriend Caroline. Epic dance was wrecked tonight and who came through with the party? You did. What a pal. But who are all these other people here?"

"I have no idea. I've never seen half these people in my life."

"That's because I've invited a few dozen friends of my own. That's my friend Mindy...picked her up along the way in Kansas. Did you know that there's an entire bloodline of werewolves in the heartland? That's Tony from North Dakota and let's not forget the Seattle contingent."

"Are those people all hybrids?"

"Well, they also love a good party. And they, like you, were sired by me. They wish to serve their master. So if anyone should so much as make a move against me, they may feel obligated to retaliate. You're free to warn your friends."

Tyler walked in the direction where Maya stood and she pulled him into the closest bedroom.

"What are you up to with Klaus?" Tyler asked immediately.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"He is on to you, Maya. Whatever you all think you're about to pull off- he's two steps ahead of you!"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're lying to me."

"You know, actually, I'm not. I don't know anything. But even if I did, I wouldn't tell you about it, because you are sired to team Klaus now. And you can't be trusted. So can ypu please just go back to the party now?" Maya turned to leave but Tyler stopped her by using a syringe of wolfsbane. She fell to the floor unconscious.

"What'd you do to her?" Matt asked looking at his unconscious friend who lay upon the floor.

"It's just wolfsbane. She'll be fine. But I need you to get her out of here as fast as possible."

"What's going on?"

"Something's going down against Klaus and this house is full of hybrids like me that can't let anything happen to him."

"What do you mean can't?"

"I can't explain it. I can't fight against it. I just know that I need to protect him no matter who gets in my way."

"By attacking Maya?"

"I'm protecting her, Matt! This is the only way to keep her safe. Please. Just get her out of here safely. Get everyone out."

Tyler left the room leaving Matt to deal with Maya. He bent down to pick her up when she let out a groan. "Maya?" he whispered.

"That douche," Maya mumbled sitting up weakly.

"He's just trying to protect you."

"I'm fully capable of protecting myself." She stood up ignoring Matt's protests and headed back downstairs.

"You have a visitor," one of Klaus's minions told Klaus.

"Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here."

"He said his name is Mikael."

Klaus looked at her slightly disappointed before throwing a ping pong ball into the cup, "Then we mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm gonna have a little chat with my dad. Tony, you know what to do."

He made his way to the front door where Mikael stood, "Hello, Niklaus."

"Hello, Mikael. Why don't you come in? Oh, that's right. I forgot you can't."

"Or you can come outside if you want."

"Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb." A group of hybrids gathered behind Mikael on the lawn.

"They can't kill me."

"True. But it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together and they'll pounce." Klaus placed his thumb and his middle finger together.

"The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me."

Mindy joined them with Katherine who was currently pretending to be Elena, and pushed her to Mikael.

"Come out and face me, Niklaus. Or she dies."

"Go ahead. Kill her."

"No, Klaus. He'll do it," Katherine pleaded.

"If she dies, this lot will be last of your abominations."

"I don't need them. I just need to be rid of you."

"To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever, with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy! What do you have other than those whose loyalty you forced? No one. No one."

Klaus began to tear up slightly but held his ground, "I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her."

"Come outside and face me, you little coward. And I won't have to."

"My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on. Kill her. Come on, old man. Kill her. Kill her!!!"

Mikael laughed at this, "Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great."

Mikael stabs Katherine with a dagger and pulled it, she fell to the floor leaving Klaus shocked.

Maya noticed Damon behind Klaus with the dagger, he turned Klaus around.

"Katherine..." Mikael muttered in shock.

"Kaboom," she said before taking two wolfsbane grenades and throwing them at the hybrids.

Before Damon can stake Klaus both Stefan and Maya decided to act. Stefan tackled Damon to the ground causing the stake to fall out his hands. Maya, taking a risk and hoping she was right, focused on the stake, it shot over to her and caught it. Everyone looked at her in shock, giving her the chance to attack. She ran over to Mikael and drove the stake into his heart.

"See you in hell," Maya said with a smirk before twisting the stake and backing away as it bursts into flames.

"What the hell did you do?" Damon shouted from under Stefans grip.

"He's earned his freedom," Klaus said stepping closer to Stefan who stood up, "Thank you my friend. You no longer have to do as I say. You're free."

Both Stefan and Damon disappeared leaving Klaus and Maya.

"Thank you," Klaus said walking over to her.

"For...?"

"Killing him."

"It wasn't just for you."

"I know. You did it for them, your family. I know you overheard me talking to Tyler."

"You should go."

"Not yet. What was that little stunt you pulled?" He said continuously stepping closer.

"I-I don't know."

"How did you know to do it?"

"I wasn't sure it would work."

"But part of you was."

"I need to go."

"There's no need, I'll be going now." He turned away to leave when she had a change of heart.

"Wait!"

He turned back to her, a small smirk on his face, "Do you know what's wrong with me?"

"No, but I'm intent on finding out. I'll see you around, love."

He vamp-sped away leaving Maya to herself. As she went to go inside, another voice stopped her, "I'm sorry."

She spun around to find Tyler. "I don't want to hear it," she seethed.

"I did it for you, I needed to make sure you were safe."

"I can take care of myself."

"I couldn't risk it."

"You should have trusted me to keep myself safe."

"Maya..."

"No, I just can't, not right now." She then entered the house leaving Tyler on the porch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 88.9K 72
Being alive for a thousand plus years isn't as amazing as it seems. The loneliness is blinding, but one time Klaus finally found his light. ...
505K 9.6K 41
Allison Lockwood, the older sister of Tyler Lockwood, returns to Mystic Falls after spending four years in California. She finds her future involving...
642K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
509K 12.5K 51
Faith Everly never had the best life. From having an abusive mother to being a siphoner, life wasn't the greatest. So what happens when vampires star...