Mafiatale - An Eye For An Eye...

By _fransfics_

HERE IT IS! Mafiatale! NOT MY AU! My own version. SANSXFRISK They my OTP. I hope you like this story! Another... More

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25
Gosh I know...
End Story Notes

Chapter 26

1.5K 82 69
By _fransfics_

*Third POV*

Frisk had never done this before, and as she was standing in the elevator along side Asgore, being lead down into the interrogation rooms, Frisk realized she was not prepared to talk with Johnathan at all.

She had glanced at Asgore as if looking for answers, about to ask if she could schedule another time to talk with him. Except she stopped herself, knowing that the more time that passed, the more time Cortex had to hurt Johnathan's child. 

That is, if they planned on hurting it at all. 

The doors to the elevator opened, and Frisk stared down a long hallway of doors and one sided windows, the other side being tinted, (from what Frisk guessed based on what she knew about interrogation rooms) 

Asgore started walking, and Frisk followed briskly, her eyes staring into each room they passed. She was surprised to find most rooms empty, and she also wondered why they didn't keep Johnathan in a closer room next to the elevator. It would be much more efficient than having to walk a long way to the other side of the hallway just to find one man, not to mention how lost you could get if someone had a poor memory at remembering the room-

"Alright Frisk," Asgore cut in, stopping at a window and peering inside. Frisk did the same, and she looked through the glass at Johnathan who was still tied to a chair, his head low, and his hair covering his eyes. She felt a slight sting of pity.

"This is is," Asgore stated, looking over at her with a look of professional sincerity, "Whenever you're ready."

Frisk wasn't ready, and she knew that, so she was glad for Asgore's offer when he said this, and instead of moving to the door, she simply stared at the man in the room, and tried to read every part of him.

'Messy hair, hasn't been brushed, that could just be because he has no chance to, but the only way it could be disarrayed is if he was shaking. Could this mean he was moving his head? If so, was he angry? Distressed? This could also mean someone else messed it up for him, it could of been Undyne considering that is how a brute force could respond to this situation. Is that how she handles interrogations? What else does Undyne do- No. Frisk, this isn't about Undyne this is about Johnathan. Focus, Frisk, focus, what else can you read about-'

Asgore cleared his throat, jolting Frisk out of her focus. "I, hope that 'whenever you're ready', is soon. Because again, we don't have a lot of time... and Sans said that you would be our best option for this..."

"Oh, yes of course," Frisk said, straightening and looking at the door. 

Then, she moved over to it, and walked inside.

Johnathan hardly moved when Frisk entered the room, and when he did, it was just the slightest tilt of his head as to make room for his eyes to look at her.

She slowly walked inside, and moved to the front of him, being sure to keep her distance, even though she could quite clearly see the metal chair was bolted to the ground. She stopped in front of him, and fought a jump of fright as he slowly looked up from where his head was sulking, and into her eyes, his own calm and collected.

The two stared into each other's eyes, Frisk forcing herself to look at his eyebrows instead, as to not feel intimidated by his glance. Both were silent, and Frisk struggled to think of an opening line that would shake his core, something that would get him to talk.

Based on the psychology books she read, she knew that there were thousands of possibilities with how to talk to someone, and the only way she could get this down, is if she knew Johnathan well. She began to wish he was one of the files they had her work on.

She also began to wish he spoke first.

To her sudden surprise, he did speak first, and in a cold voice, he said, "So it seems you work for the Underground now... It wasn't that way before, at the theater."

Words suddenly flowed into Frisk's mind and out her mouth like perfectly written piano music, and she replied gracefully and confidently, "A lot can change in a week, I'm sure you know this from experience."

"And what experience would you be referring to?" Johnathan asked, seeming too calm for Frisk's comfort.

No, Sans said there was something underneath. 

There must be a storm brewing.

Was Sans lying?

"The fact you studied planned, and proceeded a kidnapping, and failed. All in the spam of... five days?" 

"Six."

"Of course..." 

Frisk realized how smoothly she was speaking, and felt a glint of pride in her heart, keeping her stance strong. What would her brain come up with next?

Johnathan started again, as if he could sense her inner struggle. "It simply took me by surprise, that you would rather work here than at Cortex."

"You give me the same surprise," Frisk replied, starting to cast the bait into the water, her line steady, "They treat me well here. I'm surprised you would work for Cortex at all."

"I never said they treated me badly," Johnathan said, his voice collected as he laid back in the chair, still watching Frisk, "For all you know, they treat me well."

"Clearly not well enough," Frisk frowned, raising an eyebrow and hiding her pleased insides. The fish was getting closer to her hook. "Because if I remember correctly... You left, eight years ago. Did you not?"

Johnathan hesitated, his brain ticking.

"I did."

"Then my case is sound."

"Except, it's not," Johnathan corrected, taking in a slow breath of air.

The fish was inspecting the bait, pushing himself to take a bite.

"Oh? How so?"

"I never said I left Cortex because of how they treated me, unlike you."

This is it Frisk, reel him in.

"Then why did you leave Cortex...?" Frisk folded her arms and shifted her weight onto one leg, trying to seem careless as if sparking uninteresting conversation. But this is exactly what she needed.

However, Johnathan didn't answer, and he simply stared at her. Frisk could feel herself being read, and she felt anger boil in her stomach. Along with panic.

Too fast! Too fast! You pulled on the line too fast!!!

"I don't believe that is of importance at the moment..." Johnathan said, relaxing.

Dammit! Lost him!

Frisk sighed, realizing that tricks wouldn't work on Johnathan unless she was in there for hours. And not only was she willing to get out of there as soon as possible, she knew they didn't have a lot of time to get this done. 

Therefore, she cut through the act, and looked Johnathan in the eyes, saying, "Look, Johnathan. I know you have a child."

Panic immediately struck Johnathan, and Frisk suddenly knew what Sans had saw in the man's eyes. The poor man kept himself together, but Frisk could see the worry and pain strike his face hard as he clenched his jaw and held his eyes back from widening.

It was heartbreaking to watch, so Frisk forced herself to look away.

"We aren't sure what they have to do with this but we know that you are scared for them."

Johnathan stared at the ground, his eyes wide and frightened. He was silent, and Frisk turned back at him as she continued.

"If Cortex threatened them, or is going to hurt them, you need to realize that maybe we can help you..."

"Giving you the information won't save her," Johnathan growled, keeping his head tuned away from Frisk as he fought a shake.

"Keeping it from us won't either," Frisk argued, feeling herself overwhelmed with the sudden feeling of power in the room. He was trying to hide his vulnerability, but Frisk could see right through his act.

She had to keep talking, this was her chance, she knew there was no where else he could go.

"It will do more than answering your questions."

"If you answer our questions, we might let you go, and help you find your child."

"How am I supposed to trust you?"

"You don't exactly have another choice, do you."

Frisk's last statement was followed by silence, and Johnathan shut his eyes gently, trying to keep his breath steady as he thought to himself. 

Frisk noticed he wasn't going to say anything, and continued, "What do you think is going to happen...? The spy, or someone random, is going to see your silence and take it to Capture himself? Telling Capture to leave your daughter alone because you are staying silent?"

"Capture would be a fool to do anything before then," Johnathan snarled, finally looking up at Frisk with a glare. "He should be smart enough to make sure I haven't given anything away yet."

"Do you honestly think he would?" Frisk argued, her face falling. 

From her own experience, she knew very well that Capture wouldn't, but she wondered if Johnathan had a different experience with the man, or if there was another agreement she didn't know about.

Johnathan didn't answer, so Frisk sighed, "How about this, for now, just tell me what the agreement was between you and Capture. It clearly has something to do with your daughter. What was your mission?"

Still, there was no answer, and Frisk felt her insides burn with sudden frustration. His stubbornness was going to get his child hurt, and she felt angry with the fact he couldn't see that.

"Johnathan," Frisk started, her voice sturdier than before, "You need to realize that this can be over now. If you think Capture is 'smart enough' to wait, then you also think there is a chance he isn't. You are at a 75% chance he is smart enough, and a 25% chance he isn't, and your child is dying as we speak."

"Do not say such things," Johnathan mumbled under his breath, his voice cold and dark, as if at any second he could tear off a man's head.

Frisk didn't stop, trusting the ropes around his arms and legs to hold. "If you tell us what we need to know, this could be over now. Your daughter can be safe! And we can help you! It is a much higher percentage than what you are thinking!"

That was actually a lie. Frisk knew that the percentage of his daughter being safe after he told them everything was 15%, and that was only if they made it in time. But she was praying he wasn't smart enough to figure that out.

Unfortunately, he avoided the entire statement, and argued instead, "If you are supposed to be the good guys, then why not let me go now, so that I can save my daughter."

"Because," Frisk said, thinking as fast as she could, "We need your information to stop Cortex for good. It is the greater good."

"I'm not here to protect the greater good. I'm here to protect my daughter."

"Then tell us everything, and we will let you."

Johnathan stared at Frisk for a long time, his eyes angry and scared. Frisk noticed he wasn't hiding it as much as he had been before, and she felt slightly on edge with how he would answer her last statement. 

She felt the pain inside her as she thought about the little girl they could be killing, but she knew she was right. The greater good had to be more important, right? Was this the greater good?

The choice Johnathan was put with was unfair, Frisk realized, and she knew he had an impossible decision. What could he do with his daughter's life at stake?

Suddenly she wished his 75% was true, because she knew he wasn't going to answer her.

Her heart dropped, and she felt overwhelmed with worry. She couldn't possibly image what Johnathan must be going through.

"... If that is your decision. Then so be it."

Frisk turned, and strode out of the room, leaving the silent Johnathan behind her. 

Something inside Frisk felt icky about the entire conversation, and the thought of herself allowing a child to die, ached her insides.

For some reason, she felt as if she was doing the wrong thing, and she began to wonder what was right.

Frisk opened the door, and left the room, slamming it shut behind her.

*************

A/N: Hello my lovelys!!!! Again I am sorry!

I think we should start to shoot for every two weeks being a new chapter, just so that I don't have you guys on edge every week.

I am still so sorry.

Thank you for those that are still reading this!

I am actually super out of the Undertale fandom, and I know a lot of old fans are too.

I guess I'm still writing this for the actual plot, not the fandom XD

I'm sorry for the long wait! Thank you for being patient and supportive everyone!

And I also wanted to announce that there will be a comic being made of "Thought So", and it will be on WEBTOONS in the later future!

I want you all to be aware, and I will keep you updated on it later on.

It will be made by the account ZeroStudios1

Make sure to give them a quick follow ;)

Thanks again! 

Love you all!

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 12 7
(cover draw by me. It's just a version from an inspiration I saw from another artist that I forgot their name by the way-) read this story if you lik...
624 9 3
Ha! You thought it was over? Not a chance! I love writing my story but it's really hard and I'm just taking a break to write something fast and easy...
1K 57 13
Frisk awoken by one of her nightmare during a sleepover,the mourning over her long dead friend opened a door to a world known as the spirit world,her...
3.3K 81 3
A bunch of Frans stories that kept on popping like popcorns in my head :3 (cover art: sinfulzany on tumblr)