needy | peter parker

By hollandspurse

"You know, it's my fault that bumped into you not the other way around." "Yeah, but it's always good to apolo... More

prologue
read me
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
epilogue
important + thank you!

009

38.4K 1K 2K
By hollandspurse

PETER SAT ALONE ON THE ROOFTOP, waiting for Alaïa to show. He let his feet dangle as he watched the sunset. Peter heard footsteps behind him making me turn around to see Alaïa walking towards him with her hood up. She sat next to Peter, and stared at the sunset without saying anything to him.

Peter watched her and decided to speak up, "I almost got hit by a car on my way over here." He recalled the memory to him a few minutes ago, and tried to get a reaction from Alaïa.

Alaïa didn't answer, and made Peter worried as she didn't make a remark. Peter couldn't see her face, and leaned forwards trying to glance at her face to see her nose red.

"Alaïa, are you okay?"

"No, I am not." She finally spoke bringing her hands to face. Alaïa wiped her eyes and looked down instead of the sunset in front of her.

"Vision left, meaning literally everyone I know in my life is leaving me. I feel like I'm a disease spreading among us having people leaving me left and right."

"I haven't." Peter said softly.

Alaïa glanced at Peter to see him staring at her, and noticed that he moved closer to her. She faced forward, and brought her knees to her chest. "It's true what they say you know? 'The more people you bring into your life the easier they can walk out.' I know I shouldn't be upset for them to leave, but it does hurt." Alaïa said, feeling tears fall from her eyes.

Alaïa felt Peter's arm around her shoulder, and slowly brought her towards his chest. Peter noticed that she was wearing his hoodie, making him softly smile to himself.

"You have me. Okay?" Peter spoke up again. "The things that we fear the most, tend to be the things that already happened to us."

That's when I fell in love with you.

Alaïa wiped her tears from her cheeks and thought about what Peter just said. He wasn't wrong. She took a deep breath and finally faced Peter. Peter wiped her tears with his gloved hand, and noticed her eyes stayed the light blue color.

"Ew I'm sorry," Alaïa said looking at Peter's chest, noticing some of her tears were on Peter's suit. "I know it was a lot at once."

"Never apologize for that."

Alaïa looked up at Peter, and gave him a weak smile. "Thank you Peter. You always know what to say." Alaïa said wrapping her arms around him pulling him into a hug.

Peter hugged her back, and didn't want to let go. He remembered something that he had for her. Peter removed his arms around her, making Alaïa confused when he reached for his bag.

"I have something for you." Peter said, reaching into his bag.

"That's so cheesy." Alaïa said with a laugh escaping her lips.

Peter smiled to himself that he made her feel better. Hearing what she just said Peter turned to her confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we have a sentimental moment, and you have something for me?" Alaïa asked while taking off her hood from her head. "Sounds like fanfic to me."

Peter laughed at her remark, "trust me, I got you this a few weeks ago, but it just came into the mail like yesterday."

Alaïa's eyes softened, "wait Parker, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Now that sounds like a fanfic moment."

Alaïa chuckled at his comment, and faced him so she could give him her full attention. He reached in his bag and pulled out a box. Peter handed her the box with a smile while Alaïa stared at the box in full surprise.

"Peter–"

"Just open it."

Alaïa took a deep breath, and slowly opened the box. Her breathing hitched when she saw a necklace and in the middle was a butterfly charm similar to her necklace that she had on.

"You said a couple months ago that each butterfly charm represented someone in your life. You got upset when there wasn't a charm for me on your necklace. So I got you a necklace with a butterfly charm to represent me. So I'll always be with you. "

Alaïa stared at the necklace in complete shock. She remembered that memory, and it was such a long time ago. Alaïa couldn't believe that Peter would remember that let alone buy her a necklace.

She turned to Peter and immediately pulled him into a hug. Alaïa heard Peter chuckle in her neck. She pulled away from Peter, making Peter softly smile.

"So does that mean you like it?"

Alaïa had one hand on the new necklace while the other one that she grew up with in her other hand. She finally looked up at Peter, and felt her lips turn into a smile.

"I love it." Alaïa replied.

Peter smiled hearing that but he watched her take off her original necklace which made his eyes widen. He watched Alaïa put on the necklace he just gave her while her old one just sat in between them.

"What are you doing?"

Alaïa finished putting the necklace around her neck, and looked at Peter with a small smile. "You're the most important person in my life right now."

I felt my heart beating against my rib cage.

Peter felt his cheeks slowly burn up when she said that. He stared at her as she grabbed the old necklace in her hands. She hesitated then handed her old necklace to Peter.

"So you can always have me around you."

Peter eyebrows frowned, "Alaïa," he started as he felt Alaïa grab his hand and placed her necklace in his hand. "I can't accept it. This necklace means so much to you."

"You do too." Alaïa replied with a soft smile, making Peter stare at her in amazement.

Alaïa and Peter stared at each other for a while. They sat in comfortable silence as the sun disappeared in front of them. They can barely see each other as the city lights slowly start to appear. Peter glanced at her lips, but Alaïa couldn't see where his eyes were at making her face forward. Alaïa nudged Peter making him snap out of his gaze from staring at her.

"So you accept my necklace or not?" Alaïa asked as she glanced at Peter.

Peter sighed, "are you sure Alaïa?"

"I wouldn't be asking if I didn't want you to have it."

Peter took the necklace from her hand. He placed it in this belt, and watched Alaïa take out her phone from her back pocket. The screen illuminated her face as she read the message from Rhodey. Alaïa stood up, and dusted off her leggings as Peter's eyebrows frowned.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked her, and followed her actions.

Alaïa started walking away from Peter, and walked towards the edge of the roof, "to the compound?" Alaïa said, stopping to turn to Peter which her comment came out as a question. "Rhodey just texted me that it's getting late."

"Are you flying there?"

Alaïa nodded towards the spider.

"Lame," Peter said slipping on his mask and coming closer to her.

Alaïa's mouth dropped, "flying is better than swinging, Peter."

Peter made a face under his mask disagreeing, "swinging is better, hands down."

Alaïa crossed her arms stubbornly, "I don't think so."

"Okay then let's try it."

"Wait what–"

Before Peter can respond back to Alaïa, he wrapped his arm around her waist and the following hand shooting a web towards another building. Alaïa quickly wrapped her arms around Peter and then took in the view.

The city lights started to show allowing the city to start shining. Alaïa enjoyed the view and it was different from what she was used to. Alaïa would fly over the buildings so she wouldn't come into contact with citizens.

She pressed her face against his when Peter purposefully got close to citizens making him tighten his grip around her waist more. Alaïa saw that they were approaching the compound. Peter slowly put her on the ground in which she started to chuckle.

"That wasn't bad, Parker."

Peter took off his mask in which he gave her a small smile, "so is it better than flying?"

Alaïa smirked at his question, "I dunno Parker. I can go pretty high in the air. Plus, my flying compared to your swinging, makes your swinging look like child's play." Alaïa remarked jokingly, making Peter scoff in disagreement.

"Yeah sure." Peter said sarcastically.

Alaïa went towards the door leading into the hallway. She stopped walking, and turned to Peter with a smile. Alaïa walked towards Peter giving him another hug, she felt Peter wrap his arms around her making her softly smile.

"Thank you for everything Peter." She said removing herself from Peter.

Peter stared at her as he felt her step away from him. "N-no yeah. I-it's no problem."

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Alaïa offered as she went towards the door that led to the hallway.

Peter nodded, making Alaïa go into the compound. She walked towards her room, and had got used to the emptiness of the compound itself. Alaïa passed Wanda's room making her slowly stop outside of it. She bit the inside of her check, and continued walking towards her room.

"Alaïa?"

She jumped hearing someone behind her, but it was just Rhodey. She released her breath, and allowed Rhodey to catch up to her.

"You came back when it was dark." Rhodey stated the obvious.

"I was just hanging out with Peter." Alaïa countered while crossing her arms.

Rhodey took a deep breath, "it gets dangerous at night Alaïa."

"I know, I'm always careful along with Peter. But hey! I'm back by seven this time." Alaïa tried to make Rhodey smile, but he didn't return the smile making her shoulder dip.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." Alaïa spoke up knowing the rule about staying in the city when it gets dark.

"We have training tomorrow at nine okay?" Rhodey reminded the teenager. He noticed a necklace around her neck making him narrow his eyes at the teenager.

Alaïa noticed his narrowed eyes towards her. "Night Rhodey," Alaïa concluded their conversation before Rhodey could say anything else. Alaïa went into her room, and touched the new necklace that sat around her neck making her smile at the thought of him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 6.8K 46
"It's you, it's always been you." Started : 17th April 2021 Finished : TBA (social media x real life)
102K 2.8K 41
ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟᴀꜱᴛꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ [2] ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ. ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ʜɪᴍꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄᴇ...
57.3K 1.5K 54
Vanessa Rodriguez has not had an easy life. Both day and night filled with nightmares and demons. Vanessa has a power that she doesn't understand, no...