Wajah Tum Ho

By stayinhellevator

And it began with that one night. One night that changed everything. One night that changed all equations. On... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
1.Life Goes On... With Or Without You
2. Messed-up Relations
3.Life At Her Side
4. A Few Encounters
5. Mysteries And Fights
6. Complications Everywhere
7. Matters Of The Heart
8. Feelings And Thoughts
9.Awargi
10. Bonds & Agendas
11. Meant To Be.
12. Loves Me Loves Me Not
13. The Imperfectly Perfect Us
14. Dekho Chaand Aaya
15.Diwali
16.Twisted Emotions
17. Threads Of Past
18. Strategies Of Love
19. Deals And Hearts
20. Family Feuds
21. Love Above All
22. The Chaos Within
23. The Beginning Of A Million Heartbreaks
24. Hauntingly Beautiful Memories
25. Chaos
26. What Can't Be Said, Must Be Expressed
27. Decisions And Choices
28. The Heart-A Slave Of Emotions
29. She Let Goes!
30. Minds And Hearts
32. A Bittersweet Contrast
33. Denial
34. Colours
35. Suffocation
36. Inception
Epilogue

31. Henna Of Your Name

7.3K 551 148
By stayinhellevator

Bin maange mile toh;
Khwaaish bebuniyad hai.
Sooraj se ujale ki
Guzaarish fazool hai.

[Translation: If you get something without asking for it then your aspirations are as baseless and useless as a request for light from the sun.]

Now that Nandini and Advik were just a week away from getting hitched in front of the world, as advancement from the legally wedded couple that they already were, the Kapoor Mansion was never dull, even for a moment. While the overly excited parents had gotten the dates ready from the priest already, the youngsters were busy in the various tasks that they had already divided amongst themselves. This excitement was contagious; when one would get exhausted for a moment, the other would come and transfer a part of their excitement back into them and the process would go on and on. As if the whole day wasn't enough, the youngsters would go on planning even at night; about certain improvements, songs to be added; cuisine and luxury, and all things unthinkable. While the best designers were sought by the very own personal stylist at home- Nia Kapoor, to design the best attires for the bride and groom and the entire family; the rest of the things required by the bride were to be taken care of by Navya- the best bridesmaid Nandini would ever have and while Navya was almost ready with all the things, there was still one thing left which she thought she'd go and buy the very next day- the chooda and kaleere. This was the one thing that bothered Abhimanyu the most- and what bothered him was simply adorable but he couldn't help himself with a few words to explain what he felt.

Sighing at his hundredth attempt for the day, he knocked at the door and after getting permitted, he entered the room only to find his sister writing something in her journal. Smiling at that, he shook his head and took a seat on the couch across hers.

Abhimanyu: Did I disturb your Me-time?

Nandini looked up, startled, and smiled at him before closing the journal and turning her attention entirely towards him.

Nandini: You know that you can never disturb me bhai. I'm always free for you.

Abhimanyu smiled and swiped his tongue over his lower lip deftly in nervousness. Nandini frowned but said nothing and waited for her brother to open up himself.

Abhimanyu: So, are you ready?

Nandini beamed a smiled at him.

Nandini: As ready as I'll ever be.

Abhimanyu: Nervous?

Nandini let out a sigh at that and rolled in her lips before finally deciding to let out her feelings.

Nandini: Truth to be told, I am. Even though this is the second time I'm marrying and that too the very same person, everything feels new. There are these constant jitters and unpleasant thoughts. I know I might sound dramatic, considering the fact that I know this family like the back of my palm but still, some thoughts won't stop bugging me and these jitters won't go.

Abhimanyu smiled, almost a satirical smile before dropping his head.

Abhimanyu: I honestly don't know what to say to make you feel better. I think these are pre-wedding jitters and mom would've been a better help at this. All I know is that Advik loves you a lot and when he didn't leave you at your worst, rest assured he won't leave you now, when he knows you love him like crazy.

Nandini smiled at her brother before getting up and hugging him like her life depended on it.

Nandini: Trust me I feel a thousand times better. Just promise me, you'll never leave me alone no matter what.

Abhimanyu tightened his grip on her, resting his head on top of hers.

Abhimanyu: Never!

Nandini smiled before breaking the hug and looking at him.

Nandini: Aapko koi kaam tha?

At this, his nervousness seemed to return. He picked at the sides of his cuticles and stopped only when Nandini's hand rested on his.

Nandini: You know that you can share anything with me right?

Her soft voice not only assured him of that but also reminded him that it was sister before anyone else and he had the right to talk whatever he wanted to with her and that she won't ever judge him.

Abhimanyu: Tera chooda originally mom ko laana tha na?

Nandini's face got dull a little at his unexpected question but she managed a nod at him.

Abhimanyu: Kyu?

Nandini: Kya hua bhai? Come straight to the point.

But Abhimanyu's expression told Nandini that he demanded some answers.

Nandini: Because the brides aren't supposed to see their chooda until the wedding night when she gets ready as it's considered inauspicious. So someone close to the bride goes to buy it for her, you know someone who knows her choice and could describe how it looks to her, in case a bride is quite picky. These days a bride shops for herself but we want to do everything traditionally so Navya is going to shop for mine. Now tell me what happened to you all of a sudden?

Abhimanyu sighed and held her hands in his.

Abhimanyu: I want to buy you your chooda.

Nandini's heartbeats momentarily stopped as she gazed at her brother in daze.

Abhimanyu: I know my choice may not match yours but I want to do this for you and more importantly, for myself. I have always considered myself your friend, brother, mother and father. I...Ok I'm stupid I'll let Navya. ..

Nandini jumped at him, enclosing him in her arms as a few tears escaped her eyes.

Nandini: I love you. I love you so much bhai.

Abhimanyu smiled teary eyed and hugged her closer to himself.

Nandini: I'll be the happiest if you buy my chooda bhai.

Abhimanyu: Thank you Nandu. And I love you too. More than I can ever express in a few words.
______________________________
SAME TIME
POOLSIDE
WRITER'S POV

Meanwhile, Advik was sitting by the pool, dipping his legs in the clear cool water, calmly sipping on his beer can. He might be appearing calm and composed but if you were to peep through his soul, you'll observe only chaos. Like Nandini, even he was scared; scared of the responsibilities, of what their future held and sometimes even the thoughts of 'what if' also troubled him. He knew Nandini might be nervous herself so bothering her would only increase her troubles and it can prove to be quite dangerous now that she had given up on her antidepressants for him. So he decided to sit alone for a while and relax himself before encountering Nandini- his delicate, innocent and fragile beloved.

As he took another sip, he heard some footsteps behind him. So he turned and found Manik walking out whilst stretching, still unaware of his presence. As Manik turned his attention towards his front he halted on his foot and pondered if walking out without paying any courtesies would seem rude. As if understanding his plight, Advik himself decided to break the ice.

Advik: Care to join me for a beer?

As much tempted as he was to refuse the offer, for he didn't know if it was a genuine offer or not, he couldn't bring himself to reject it. After all, this was the first time ever that Advik was initiating something between them in a sober state of mind. Manik said nothing but simply walked up to him and sat beside him, imitating his act of dipping legs inside the water, the cool of which soothed his burning heart.

Jab kabhi bhi tumhe aisa lage ki iss duniya mei aisa koi bhi nahi hai jo tumhare point of view ko samajh paayega, tum naa nature ke paas chale jana. Nature never disappoints especially water. Pata hai Manik, paani humesha yahi sikhata hai ki we shouldn't be so rigid towards opinions. Sometimes we've to mold ourselves according to other's views and it's completely fine. Also, water seems a great help when you've a fire raging in your heart and your mind is completely clueless why.

Nandini's words automatically rang in his ears as his blank mind offered nothing but Nandini's images to him. His reverie broke when Advik passed him a can of beer which he accepted.

Advik: Nandini's words always manage to somehow bring peace, isn't it?

Manik scoffed at the irony and took a sip; the man who had the very personification of peace herself with him was talking about her words. How tragic life could be? Three years back he was at Advik's place and now he was nowhere.

On the other hand, Advik was thinking something similar. Indeed he was lucky that now he had Nandini in his life, after all those painful rejections that she hurled at him for Manik but he couldn't help but think what Manik had that he didn't that Nandini kept on ignoring his love for Manik. What was so unlovable about him; he still itched to ask, from both of them. But then he kept burying it down for now Nandini was his, finally and ultimately.

Manik: You're a very fortunate man Advik.

Advik scoffed at that; if only Manik knew what all he had to go through. Manik didn't really know that it was him who was lucky; it was just a matter of trust that lacked, otherwise he would've been at Advik's place, it's not as if his parents would've abandoned him.

Advik: Fortunate to get a second chance, yes. Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you're not comfortable with, you know, the wedding then you can leave and come back directly for the tours. I've got no problem.

Manik's head snapped towards him in shock. Wasn't he the same man who had refused to grant them leave a while back, even after so much of insistence? What had changed now? Advik, who had noticed Manik's disbelieving eyes, sighed.

Advik: Look Manik, I've never hated you. Yes I've always disliked and I won't say that I've got no hard feelings for you but no, hatred is way too strong a word to name my emotions for you. I disliked you since the time I had known about you from the girl that I was crazy about, in fact still am. I had fallen in love for the very first time in my life with the simplest of girl I had ever encountered. For a month or so I believed she was single when suddenly she mentions a boyfriend she loved with all her heart. If only I could describe the pain that I felt in words, Manik; I had no one to blame for this whole ordeal, she never said she was single, it was I who thought she was; she never felt anything for me in a romanticised manner, it was I who kept dreaming about our future; who could I possibly blame for my pain but myself. The pain kept on increasing every single day; she would hold my hand in excitement when she'd tell me about her dates with you and she'd cry on my shoulder when she'd describe her fights with you and how you said some really mean things to her.

He paused as his eyes became misty, thinking about the past and how miserable he felt each passing day.

Advik: I was always this close to telling her that you don't deserve a girl like her but was scared to lose her friendship for she'd hear nothing against you. She was crazy about you like I was for her. Sometimes I felt used- some one who had no one for him while he was there for everyone. But then you can never think of something like this for a soul like Nandini. She used to help me to plan out my future, she used to scold me when I did mistakes or became lazy enough to not take my life seriously, she used to teach me music when I showed my fascination for it, she used to console me and let out my heart whenever mom's condition became worse, she used to care about me like my mom; how could I even stop myself from loving her when my love for her was growing stronger every single second just as much as my dislike for you?

Manik felt his heart tightening at Advik's words as he realised that it was something similar to what he felt now. Indeed it was a role reversal.

Advik: My world revolved around her while she was already a part of another universe. I had realised that long back but there was no stoppage to my feelings. Sometimes I'd think of flings and one night stands but then a tinge of guilt would cross me as if I were cheating on my love for Nandini. It was making me crazy for I wasn't even close to getting committed with Nandini in this lifetime. I didn't have the habit of getting rejected yet this girl had the audacity to walk all over me like it meant nothing to her. I always got what I wanted, in one way or another but not Nandini. She wasn't a thing to be possessed after all, she deserved to be worshiped and loved with a pure heart. After all, you don't hurt the ones you love, isn't it?

Advik didn't ask Manik, it was a rhetorical question and Manik was well aware of that but what about the guilt that made his heart heavier? He claimed to love Nandini but this guy made his love seem nothing but a fascination.

Advik: My dislike for you intensified when we got married and after all the colorful words that you and your friends hurled at her, she still loved you and waited for you every single day for a year. I saw her dying alive in front of me, Manik and felt helpless to see her like that. You had seen how she was like a living corpse on her mother's death anniversary right? She was like this, every single day, and sometimes worse than that. It killed a part of me every day. The hope within me died every second. So when we moved on after so many painful struggles and you came back, there was a primal need in me to show you that she moved on with ME. Sadistic I know, but I wanted to see you die inside everyday like Nandini did. It wasn't fair on her side to suffer from depression and anxiety attacks while you on the pretense of hatred enjoyed your life, did flings and had one night stands. Yes I knew everything about you and it made me angrier at Nandini to ruin her life loving someone like you. The moment I decided to stop keeping a tab on you, you come into a relationship with my sister. If only life could play more games with me.

He finished and sighed taking a large gulp of the beer while Manik was trembling inside. What had he made of them?

Advik: But now, these things don't matter. Nandini and I have decided to let go of the past and start afresh. So, it's only wrong of me to hold you back because you too deserve a second chance, just not with Nandini. Everyone has a different coping mechanism and I understand that so you're free to leave. Don't worry about mom dad. I'll handle them.

With this he got up after throwing the now empty can in the trash and kept his hand on Manik's shoulder.

Advik: Don't be too hard on yourself Manik. Jo hona tha ho gaya. Nandini ki tarah apni life ko waste mat karna. She realised it too late but you still have time. Also, we are fine as long as you maintain a cordial distance from Nandini. You're free to talk to her like a friend but one trouble on her from your side and I'll forget that I ever decided to move on from my dislike for you. Good night and good luck.

After patting his back, Advik left while Manik kept on sitting at the same place like an immobile object.

Guilt trips are often long and unwanted journeys with a heavy heart and numb mind as part of the luggage.
____________________________
SAME NIGHT
ADNI'S ROOM
WRITER'S POV

Nandini sighed as her brother left the room and she was left alone with her journal again. She was really happy, and not just happy externally but happy from the inside as well. She wanted to safeguard her happiness from every evil eye out there but there was this nagging guilt inside her heart that never went away. She knew that Advik loved her a lot but she knows that now. Unintentionally, she had hurt him so much in the past. Advik had told her to forget whatever happened but how could she ever forget that she unknowingly shattered the hopes of that one person who supported her through thick and thin. If only she gets to rectify her mistake and give Advik something that he wants so bad she'll happily give away that thing no matter what.

"If only I got a penny for all the times you lost yourself to your thoughts, I'd be a multi billionaire by now."

She heard his voice and smiled, keeping her journal back in the drawer before turning towards him as he seated himself right in front of her.

Nandini: Thoughts kya you've the whole me for an entire lifetime.

Advik raised his eyebrow in challenge.

Advik: And many more to come.

Nandini smiled before biting onto her lower lip.

Nandini: Waise bhi zyada laalach karna achi baat nahi Mr AK. Jise jitna milta hai use utne mei hee khush rehna chahiye.

Advik smirked before getting up and forwarding his hand to her.

Advik: Chalogi mere saath?

Nandini smiled and kept her hand on his.

Nandini: Jahan bhi le chalo.

Advik grinned a toothy smile at her before tugging her up.

Advik: Toh phir chal.

Nandini: Abhi? Advik it's 12 in the night.

Advik: Haan toh? Tch! You trust me right? Then come na.

With this Nandini rested her case and followed him out and soon both were set towards somewhere unknown to Nandini, in Advik's luxurious car. As Advik drove, he kept stealing glances of Nandini who in turn rolled down the window and closed her eyes in bliss as the calm cool air played with her tresses. Advik could swear that he had never seen a sight so beautiful and enchanting before. He rested his hand on her bare thigh and placed gentle caresses everywhere he could without making her uncomfortable while her heart started beating at double it's rate when his cold palm touched her warm skin. She sighed and kept her hand on top of his and rested her head on the headrest.

Advik: Why is it that you never ask about our destination whenever I drive?

Nandini turned her head to have a look at him who was looking ahead and sometimes at her.

Nandini: I've got many reasons for it.

Advik: Like?

Nandini: Like number one, I love these long drives as long as it is towards somewhere calm and peaceful, which they mostly are with you. Number two, I love spending time with you and considering our past, drives were the only way out you'd be near me. Number three, what's the point of asking when I'll know in a while? Number four and most important, I trust you enough to go anywhere you take me.

He looked at her briefly and then brought her hand to his lips before kissing them as if she were a goddess and he her devotee. She smiled and once again turned to look at the passing scenery basking in the glory of the moonlight when she realised they've suddenly stopped. She looked around only to notice that they are in front of a supermarket that's open 24*7. Confused she looked at Advik only to find him scurrying out of the car stopping when he had shut the door.

Advik: Wait for me. I'll be back.

Nandini: But...

He was already gone before she could even ask about his plans which made her pout sadly. She waited for a few minutes before he came back and keeping a paper packet above the dashboard, he ignited the engine once again. She stared through the windshield only to realise that they were out of the city side. Soon enough, he parked the car by a fenced boundary and turned towards her.

Advik: Ab koi hume disturb nahi karega. So Mrs Nandini Advik Kapoor, before we start off with the wedding functions, may I have the privilege of an ice cream date with my best friend on the car hood under a starry sky just like olden times?

A face splitting grin graced her features before she kept her palm on his.

Nandini: You may Mr Advik Kapoor.

He smiled at her following which they both came out of the car. Nandini stared at the hood and then at Advik who, though knew what was bothering her, raised his eyebrow in ignorance.

Nandini: Ugh! Advik you're so irritating.

Advik: And you're such a shorty.

She pouted angrily but squealed when he picked her up by the waist and placed her on the hood. She twisted her lip in a careless manner as he jumped up right beside her before opening the tub of her favourite cookie and cream from Ben & Jerry's and offered her a spoon. Soon enough, Nandini put down the spoon and dipped her finger in the tub and licked it. While she was busy in devouring her ice cream, she failed to notice an admiring gaze of her husband on herself. When Nandini noticed Advik staring at her, she carelessly shrugged and forwarded the tub to him.

Nandini: Hmm why aren't you eating? It's so delicious.

His lips curved slightly as he held her finger coated with ice cream and took it in his mouth, softly sucking on it with his tongue, sending shivers down her system. As he released it, Nandini couldn't help but go down the lane and reminisce a similar incident that happened between Manik and her but she immediately shook off her thoughts and turned towards Advik who was still gazing down at her with a gaze so pure and yet intense enough to promise her of things that never happened between them before.

After they've finished the tub of ice cream amidst a casual conversation like before, Nandini laid down on the hood with her hands on her stomach, watching the serene sky while Advik too imitated her actions and laid down facing her with one of his hands supporting his head.

Nandini: The sky looks so. .breathtaking tonight.

A dazed whisper left her lips as she expressed her admiration to the one man who'd always try to understand her views no matter what. Not getting a response, she frowned and turned her head towards him only to find him looking at her with nothing but love in his eyes. As much as she loved it and didn't want to come out of the moment, she couldn't help the redness that was spreading itself on her features so she turned his face away from hers with her forefinger only to find it angling itself at its previous position automatically.

Nandini: What? Are you gonna stare at me and miss this beautiful sight?

Advik sighed at her question; if only she knew the depth of his feelings for her, she'd go crazy with the intensity of his love and thoughts about her.

Advik: Trust me when I say that I'm already looking at the most beautiful sight I could have ever set my eyes upon.

Nandini's eyes filled with tears and these tears weren't of joy or sorrow, they were more of awe, disbelief and gratitude; awe of the intensity of his love, disbelief that even after going through so much, his love for her hadn't changed if not only increased and gratitude for not letting her go and always holding onto her. She blinked them back not to spoil their jovial mood and turned back to the stars.

Nandini: I'm very nervous. I know there's nothing to be nervous about but still I am. What if I commit some blunder? What if something happens and leads us to part?

She expressed her worries and looked at him while he sighed at her innocence.

Advik: Well honestly, even I'm nervous. Dusri baar shaadi kar raha hoon Na, aur woh bhi same ladki se.

Nandini glared at him while he grinned at her.

Nandini: Advik! I'm serious.

Advik: I'm nervous too Nandini but then I realised how foolish I were. I mean what are we nervous for? It's us, the best friends before anything else. Apart from us, it's our family who'll accept us anyway and anyhow. Now coming to the latter part of your concern, Nandini, destiny isn't in our hands; we can't control what happens with us in the near or even distant future but I'm very sure that my love for you is eternal and my love is enough for both of us to survive anything.

A few tears that Nandini was holding up till now finally escaped as she raised her head and pecked Advik's lips, leaving her lips on his for a while and then resting her head on his chest, closest to his heart.

Nandini: Advik?

Advik: Hmm?

He lolled whilst caressing her shoulder gently.

Nandini: You encouraged me to fulfill my dreams, isn't it?

Advik: I always had and always will.

Nandini: So, I've decided to give my dreams a shot.

Advik shifted a little to have a better access to her face as excitement lit his features.

Advik: Really? You'll start your singing career? Oh! I'm so excited.

Nandini immediately sat up making him do the same in confusion.

Nandini: Woah woah woah! Hold on! I'm not becoming a singer ever; singing is just going to be a hobby for me, nothing more, nothing less.

Advik: Then?

Nandini: If you've not forgotten the tiniest details of my life already, I've always wanted to become a philanthropist, a social worker. Remember?

Advik: Ah! I do. So, what are your plans?

Nandini: Well, the 'what', 'where' and 'how' is going to be a surprise for you.

Advik: What? Don't be ridiculous Nandini. How am I supposed to be of any help in that case?

Nandini: And who said you're going to help me with this?

Advik: What do you mean by 'who'? I'm your husband, your better half Goddamn it! We are in this together.

Nandini: We are in everything together but just not this because this was mumma and mine dream venture.

Advik: But Nandini. . .

Nandini: No 'buts' Advik. This is my dream Advik so the struggles too belong to me alone. Also, why am I getting paid for my position in K-Labels when I'm already provided everything that I need? Simply because I work hard to earn enough for my personal needs that I can't share with anyone, right? Then let me do this by myself for just this once, please?

Advik sighed and pulled her closer, pecking her head.

Advik: If that's what you want but remember that I'm always here when you need me.

Nandini hugged him and let out a sigh of relief.

Nandini:I know and I love you. I love you more than I imagined that I would.

Advik sighed and pulling her closer he pecked her temple.

Advik: I love you too. I love you so much that now it hurts not to love you.
______________________________

[The invites sent to the Indian guests]

Come and get coloured in the colour of love with henna at the Mehendi ceremony of Advik and Nandini at the Kapoor Villa from 3:30 p.m. onwards.
Dress Code~ Blue  And Yellow
~~~
[The invites sent to others]

With only a few steps away from getting tied in a sacred bond, we'd like your presence as we celebrate our togetherness as we get marked temporarily with patterns of love. You too can get inked or put on henna at the Kapoor Villa from 3:30 p.m. onwards.
Nandini & Advik
Dress Code~ Blue And Yellow
________________________________

It was now time, for the love birds were finally two days away to getting hitched in a dream wedding, to get marked with henna in a traditional Punjabi Mehendi ceremony. The venue was ready and the guests were buzzing in.

Advik too was all ready to rock the stage in an all white kurta and pyjama complemented with a pastel green based ethnic jacket with hand painted pattern, accessorising the look with a Rado and a pair of luxurious leather loafers matching the colour of his jacket.

He gave a tug at his jacket adjusting it a little and then walked insidethe walk in closet to check on his beloved wife, who was inside to get ready for two hours. He sighed and opened the door only to freeze on his spot as his eyes fell on his gorgeousness of a wife, all dressed up, trying to tie up the necklace around her neck.

Nandini was clad in an exquisite multi coloured pastel lehenga with hues of peach, sky blue, orange, pink, lilac, white and yellow harboring an enchanting village scenery on the lehenga while the dupatta was plain blue with a floral embroidery similar to the pink boat neck blouse that she adorned. Her hair was tied in a beautiful french braid, furnished with stones on each braid and around in a delicate pattern.

Advik: Wow!

A dazed whisper left his lips as he took in the beauty of his wife, unable to believe if what his eyes conceived was in any way an imagination. Nandini, who was busy in hooking her necklace, couldn't pay attention to a spectator.

Advik, on the other hand, walked towards her as if in a daze and stood right behind her. He held her shoulder whilst looking at her eyes through the mirror, making her raise her head to meet his eyes. She raked her eyes all over his figure as a subtle smile played on her lips.

Nandini: You look. . .dangerously handsome Mr AK.

Advik stepped a bit closer, eliminating any distance between them and took the necklace from her hands in his.

Advik: I could say that you look gorgeous but that in itself doesn't compare to what you actually look.

He gently, with utmost care, hooked the necklace around her and bent forward to take the earrings, carefully tucking them in her ears.

The exquisite meenakari necklace set was chosen by Gautami, who fell in love with the piece as soon as she saw it and knew that she had to buy this for Nandini. The piece was set in mint green with matching pearls, kundan and ruby; perfectly suiting her lehenga.

Nandini smiled and placed her maang-tika on her head as Advik bent near her ears.

Advik: I don't think I'll ever get enough words to put your beauty into words.

Nandini smiled and turned to face him, looping her arms around his neck and almost animatedly his arms twined around her waist, holding her close to himself.

Nandini: We've an entire lifetime to improve your vocabulary in that case Mr AK.

He bit his lower lip but still couldn't help the smile that graced his features as Nandini grinned proudly, having her husband caught off guard. He kissed her forehead and forwarded his arm to her.

Advik: Are you ready to rock our Mehendi, Mrs. AK?

Nandini: As ready as I'll ever be Mr AK.

She smiled and hooked her hand around his arm and together they walked towards the garden area that was now converted to a perfect Mehendi venue in hues of blue and yellow.

Anywhere you look, you'll only find colour, brightness, life and happiness. The seating arrangements had been made for the ladies who wanted to put henna on their hands (pic 3)and the top of each canoe was decorated with coloured bottles in shades of yellow and blue (pic 1). There were many stalls and booths so that none of the guests could find themselves to be growing bored, even for a second; be it the different food stalls or alcohol, the promised tattoo booth or a convenient play booth for children to play and enjoy themselves; each booth's direction handwritten on a white plate stuck on the trunk of the various trees close to them(pic 2)while the trees that weren't used for any direction guidance were decorated with different DIYs(pic 5). Further, there was also a photo booth with various props, mirrors and photographers, decorated with handmade colourful fans (pic 4).

Nandini gasped at the sight in front of her; it was more marvellous than her imagination; the aura was similar to a fair she used to visit with her parents during her childhood and she loved everything about it.

Advik: How's it?

Nandini once again looked around, trying to find appropriate words to answer his question but her heart seemed full of warmth as she opened her mouth to reply but words didn't come out.

Nandini: It feels like my dream came true.

She finally turned towards him and found a smile on his lips but before he could reply, Gautami came and stood in front of them, followed by Ram.

Gautami: What are you two doing standing here? We've guests wait-

She abruptly halted as her eyes fell on Nandini. Her eyes filled with tears as she collected some kohl from her eyes and put it behind Nandini's ear.

Gautami: Kisi ki nazar naa lage meri bacchi ko. You look so beautiful mera baccha.

Nandini hugged her followed by Ram, who showered praises for his daughter.

Advik: Oh hello! Mai bhi hoon yahan.

Ram: Toh? Aarti utaroon teri?

Gautami: Ab chal jaldi se Nandini ko lekar andar aa.

With this, they both went inside leaving a shocked Advik and a giggling Nandini.

Advik: Yeh toh hadd ho gayi!

Nandini: Ab kya karoon? No one can resist my charms you know.

Advik: Woh toh mujhe teen saal pehle hee pata chal gaya tha.

Nandini shook her head and together they stepped inside and soon soon enough were surrounded by guests, who started showering congratulations on the couple.  Just then, everyone else came and ushered the guests away to get inked or apply henna design.

Karan: Woah! Look at you, you look absolutely stunning Nandini.

Nandini smiled and side hugged Karan.

Nandini: Thank you my hotty bhaiya.

Kritika: Oh please hot aur yeh. Pft! I've seen better.

Karan broke the hug and looked at Kritika with an 'Oh really' expression and called out to someone.

Karan: Hi Tina! You look gorgeous today.

Tina: Oh my! Thank you, you sexy thang. Wanna hang out some time?

Before Karan could reply, Kritika stepped forward, wrapping her fingers around his arm.

Kritika: Who is she baby?

Karan smirked and looked at Tina.

Karan: Baby this is Tina, a common friend of Advik and mine and Tina, this is my girlfriend, Kritika.

Both the girls ignored each other when Tina turned towards Advik and Nandini.

Tina: Gosh Advik you look so delicious.

Nandini glared at her while Advik gulped nervously.

Advik: Thanks! See you around, hmm?

He thought it the best to dismiss her, both for his and her safety because his wife didn't seem too impressed with Tina's compliment. As Tina went away, Kritika jerked Karan's hand and walked out angrily making Karan sulk and follow her while others laughed at his expense.

Aditi: Nandu you look so beautiful. And Advik you look so dashing.

Aditi hugged Nandini as Advik smiled at her and hugged Abhimanyu.

Advik: Thank you Aditi. Finally someone noticed me.

Abhimanyu: Kyu teri uss Tina ka compliment tu bhul gaya kya?

He teased Advik while hugging Nandini, who now glared at Advik, who in turn pulled Abhimanyu to his side.

Advik: Marwayega kya? Dekh apni behen ko. If only she could eat me right now.

He whispered to Abhimanyu who was enjoying the show while looking at Nandini who was digging holes in Advik's skull.

Vihaan: Waise hot thi woh Tina. Nahi Nandini?

He innocently asked Nandini who narrowed her eyes at him who smiled raising his hands in surrender before hugging her.

Vihaan: Waise hot toh tu bhi bohot lag rahi hai.

Nandini finally smiled and playfully punched his stomach when she felt Advik's arm around her waist.

Advik: I know my WIFE is VERY hot.

Vihaan nodded his head in mockery when Nia stepped ahead.

Nia: Please let's get going. Bhabhi you come with me. Mom is waiting for you. Come.

She held Nandini's hand and took her with herself as the men went towards the sitting area while the girls sat under the canoe to put henna. Nandini stood  under the canoe, specially made for her, where biji was already sitting on one of the seaters. Nandini smiled and bent down to take her blessings who lovingly caressed her head.

Biji: Sada suhaagan reh puttar. Bohot pyaari lag rahi hai tu.

Nandini smiled and kissed her on the cheeks.

Nandini was made to sit on a couch with her back resting against cushions, under a beautiful arrangement specially made for her, surrounded by the henna artists who started working on her hands and feet while Nandini kept chatting with Navya, Kritika and Nia when her eyes fell on five figures who were chattering with Aditi, Taani and Karan as her brother stood there silently. She was surprised to find Fab5 still here because when Advik told her that he granted them leave, she thought they'd have left but here they were.

Nia: Bhabhi!

Nandini: Hmm?

Nia: My mehendi is done so I'm going to eat something. Okay?

Nandini nodded at her and concentrated back on her half done hands as she kept thinking about them. Should she talk to them? No that would be a bad idea. Probably Navya could speak to them and tell them that there's no pressure on them to stay.

"Nandini!"

She jerked and looked at her side only to find Advik staring at her with concern in his eyes along with a glass of water. She smiled and gestured at him to make her drink it which he obliged.

Advik: Do you need anything else?

Nandini shook her head and adored him as he kept adjusting the cushions behind her.

Advik: Kahin pain toh nahi ho raha naa?

Nandini: No Advik I'm fine. Don't worry.

He nodded and peeked at her hands and feet, as if checking if the henna was being applied properly or not while Nandini kept smiling and observing him silently.

"Sirf dekhte hee rahoge yaa lagwaoge bhi."

They looked up and found the whole troop walking towards them and seating themselves around them. It was Kritika's statement that made them confused.

Advik: Mai kyu lagwaoon?

Navya: Waah ji waah! Yahan meri best friend tumhare liye mehendi lagwa rahi hai woh bhi itni derr se ek hee jagah baith kar aur tum puch rahe ho ki tum kyu lagwao. Arey of course Nandu ke liye.

Advik: Excuse me! I'm not doing it.

Nandini: Even I'm not doing it then.

Advik widened his eyes and immediately held her back.

Advik: Arey but you're the bride.

Nandini: So what? Even you're the groom or do I have to find someone else for me?

Advik: What the. . .

Nia: What, 'what the' bhai? Aap bhabhi ke liye ek minimal design nahi bana sakte? Yahi hai aapka pyaar?

Advik gulped nervously as Nandini glared at him angrily while the rest of them enjoyed silently when biji came forward.

Biji: Addu dulhe ke haath aur paer mei bhi mehendi hona zaroori hai par tu sirf ek haath mei hee laga le. Chaahe toh sirf ek dot hee banwale.

Advik rolled his eyes and muttered a 'fine' making Nandini smile and others giggle at his irritation. The henna artist made a heart on his right palm and wrote 'Nandini' inside it on Advik's insistence.

Advik: Happy now?

Nandini grinned at him and bobbed her head.

Nandini: Very.

Advik shook his head and couldn't help but smile and place a kiss on her head. Nandini was about to initiate a talk with Advik when Vihaan came forward and dragged Advik towards the open, where the entire family was dancing to the beats of the dhol. Nandini laughed happily as biji too shook a leg with Vihaan and Ram while Advik even as dancing with Karan and Abhimanyu, blew a kiss to her making her heart flutter in giddiness. All of a sudden, Nandini felt someone sitting to her right. She turned back and found Mukti looking at her with glassy eyes and a smile on her face.

Mukti: Hi!

A breathy whisper left her lips and Nandini would not have heard her had she been sitting away from her. Nandini passed a faint smile at her.

Nandini: Hi Mukti!

Mukti looked down at her hands while Nandini took in her nervous, shaking figure clad in a beautiful yellow and blue lehenga skirt and bell sleeved blouse.

Mukti: I know I've probably lost any right to be near you anywhere but I couldn't help it. I want to move on Nandini and it's only possible once I ask for Abhi and yours forgiveness. I am aware that I'm not at a position to request anything but I am still hoping you'll forgive me for everything. Nandini I've always wanted to be a close friend of yours but situation always directed me against it. First time, I thought Abhimanyu was your boyfriend and was always jealous of you and second time, your marriage happened but now I want to think for myself as Mukti-just Mukti, who doesn't care about her friends' personal life or her own fucked up love life. I'm sorry Nandini, I really am and I'm ashamed of myself to have lost someone like you and Abhi. Advik is really lucky to have you. Very lucky!

Mukti looked down to hide her tears as Nandini observed her with her own teary eyes but then blinked them back and smiled.

Nandini: I forgive you Mukti.

Mukti: You do?

Nandini: Yeah!

Mukti: Why?

A harsh whisper left her as Nandini found her own reflection in front of her.

Nandini: For your peace and mine, Mukti. Maybe from tonight your words won't cut through my heart in my dreams and maybe, just maybe I'd remember some of our happy moments and smile in my sleep for the first time in these three years.

More tears left Mukti as this time she didn't bother hiding it from Nandini who herself cried but with happy tears.

Mukti: Can I hug you?

Nandini smiled and nodded.

Nandini: But I won't be able to hug you.

She gestured to her hands but Mukti  said nothing and hugged her tightly, now sitting beside her.

Mukti: Thank you Nandini. Thank you so much.

Nandini adjusted her chin on her shoulder as a gesture of acceptance.

Nandini: Forgive yourself Mukti. Don't let your soul die everyday or you won't ever be able to move on.

Mukti cried harder as she clutched Nandini tighter, wanting to be held and told that she was nowhere at fault. She broke the hug after a while, only to find Nandini looking at her with reddened nose and ears and smudged kohl that indicated her tears. Mukti wiped her tears and then taking a tissue, started correcting the smudged kohl.

Nandini: Did you talk to Navya?

Mukti stiffened but did not stop working.

Mukti: I did and she forgave me but said she couldn't trust me like before and I understand that I've given her a million reasons not to.

Mukti smiled and taking the tissue she got up.

Mukti: Thanks again Nandini. I should probably go for neither Advik nor Abhi would appreciate me near you on your happy day.

Nandini said nothing as Mukti turned and took a step away.

Nandini: Were you ashamed of bhai?

Mukti halted but did not turn and looked at a happily laughing Aditi who was lifted up in Abhimanyu's arms and being twirled around. For a moment, she imagined herself in place of Aditi and a ghost of smile hinted on her lips before it was all gone.

Mukti: I was a coward Nandini. A coward who didn't deserve someone so carefree like Abhi.

With this, she walked out as Nandini kept staring at her till she was nowhere in sight.

"Ma'am, it's done."

Nandini hurriedly looked down at her hands and feet which were now adorned with a beautiful and delicate henna pattern after a few hours of discomfort and boredom. Her feet and the region above the elbow felt a little numb and stretched as the henna dried while the rest of the areas were now having a semi dried henna.

Nandini: It's beautiful. Thank you.

The girls nodded and left, probably to eat something while Gautami, Nia and Navya walked towards her and inspected her hands and feet.

Gautami: It's looking gorgeous on you.

Nandini smiled and looked down at her hands.

Nia: Bhabhi is the Mehendi on your feet still wet?

Nandini: No, why?

Navya winked at Nia and then both of them held Nandini's shoulders, pulling her towards the dancing madness while Gautami laughed at them. Nandini wobbled a little due to stiffness in her legs and weight of her lehenga but laughed at her crazy girlfriends who now danced madly with her, joined by Taani, Aditi and Kritika. Amongst the girls' madness, Advik came behind Nandini and pulled her close to himself making Nandini gasp in disbelief as everyone hooted for the two. She turned back and looked at him who was looking at her with a soft smile.

Advik: You okay?

Nandini: Yeah! Just a little stiff from all the sitting in the same posture for all the hours.

Advik: Alright then! Ready for the dancing spree?

Nandini smirked and together they started doing a few perfect steps of bhangra joined by the others. After a while, the dhol stopped and Gautami called them all to eat something. They all sat under the canoe with their plates boys feeding their girls. While Vihaan had two girls to feed, none said a word when they saw Cabir feeding Navya.

Gautami: Arey waah Alya aur Mukti. Tum logon ki mehendi toh bohot sundar hai.

The girls smiled at her while Nandini looked at them totally dazed. She couldn't believe that they had applied henna on their hands when they couldn't even tolerate it's smell.

Ram: Biwi sahiba, don't you know you shouldn't talk while eating? Chup chap khaana khayiye and then take your medicines afterwards.

Gautami nodded and opened her mouth as he fed her a piece of chapatti with her favourite kadhi as others admired them.

Advik: Hmm? Take this.

He stuffed a spoonful of rice mixed with Rajma, both his and Nandini's favorite, into Nandini's mouth as she moaned lowly at the burst of taste and aroma in her mouth. She heard a sharp intake of breath near her ear so she turned and found Advik extremely close to herself.

Advik: I swear to god Mrs AK you seem to have the worst timing ever.

It took her a few seconds to capture what he was talking about but when she did, she couldn't help but blush and managed to fake a glare at him.

Nandini: Didn't you hear what papa said? No talking while eating. So shut up and feed me.

Advik: Listen-

Nandini: You've signed up for this bad timing all your life Mr AK so you've to bear with me.

Advik bit his lip to bite back his smile and jerked her closer by her arm.

Advik: I'm more than willing to bear your bad timing all my life Mrs AK, even if it results in frequent uncalled for cold showers.

Nandini gasped at that while Advik smirked seeing her so shocked as his mission 'Shut Mrs Smarty Pants' was successful.

Nandini: You.  .you're so shameless and. .perverted.

Advik's smirked widened as he whispered in her ear, his lips touching her lobe.

Advik: And you think you're extremely smart so I'm going to shut your smartness in a short while Nandini and you've my word for it.

His otherwise honey coated chocolate brown eyes had slipped a few shades darker as they warned her of a few promises.

Vihaan: Oh Laila-Majnu! Cut it out and finish eating fast. We don't have an entire day. You guys have your Sangeet in the evening. Kahin bhi shuru ho jate ho.

Although the others laughed about it and the aura seemed to have been lightened, Nandini couldn't help but shiver every time she gazed into his still dark eyes as he fed her. Something about the way he took her name forewarned her about the intensity of his dandangerous passion.

Everything about me is you; for there could be no other way my insides could've melt just at a flick of your fingers.
_____________________________
Until next time!
Love
Pxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 1K 10
🖤 This FF starts after the Valentines Day All this story original updates are on Wattpad so I would request everyone to read it on wattpad itself a...
989K 65.9K 56
This is my second Manan story... jump in to the bumpy ride to see if love actually happens or not...
25.9K 2K 16
💚All this story original updates are on Wattpad so I would request everyone to read it on wattpad itself and not on any other mirroring site. If you...
37.2K 2.6K 21
❤ It is based on KYY "If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack...