๐๐‹๐”๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐Ž๐ | ใƒดใ‚กใƒณใƒ‘ใ‚คใ‚ข้จŽๅฃซ

By sunnyapricus_

VAMPIRE KNIGHT. Purebloods have reigned over the vampire society for centuries. And now? She will take her r... More

๐๐‹๐”๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐Ž๐
๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐„๐๐ƒ.

๐๐ˆ๐๐„

537 27 3
By sunnyapricus_

— 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 —

The palace's white stone gleamed under the sun, classic columns elevating several floors towards the sky. Two limousines stood in the large front courtyard. The doors opened, and seven people stepped out, all beautiful in appearance.

Renai looked at the palace, eyes critical. It was Ayato, who pulled her away from her thoughts.

"This is..."

"Our new home. It's been modeled following various architecture styles."

"Huh..."

The white-haired woman was the first to move forward. She decisively stepped ahead, walking towards the large double doors, which opened, revealing the glittering entrance hall, with large staircases, and marble floors.

"Woah..."

"Welcome, Your Highnesses."

The family turned to find several servants, who bowed respectfully to them.

"These are the servants hired to attend to the castle and our needs. Each of you will get five personal attendants," Renai informed. "They are not toys, they are not food and if you kill one of them, you're left with one attendant less. There is no endless supply, so do not test the limits."

After giving them the warning, she turned her head slightly, "Take each to their rooms. I will see you later."

She swirled, a small group following as she went. The heads of each servant group stepped to their respective Lord, gesturing for them to follow.

Her feet swiftly carried her to the grand study. It was lavishly decorated, in whites, silvers and blues. In it, she found her father, going through the pages of a book.

"You're here," she huffed, discarding her coat on one of the sofas and crossing her arms. "Did you do as I ask?"

"Christa is in her rooms, I already let the servants know they should inform Subaru," he said, closing the book softly. He turned, eyeing his daughter.

A part of him resented her. She possessed features only a Blue Moon vampire could: multiple element manipulation, enhanced strength and speed, complete control. She had originally been part of an experiment with a random Noble. Karlheinz had wanted to force a Blue Moon vampire in his bloodline and succeeded. The mother passed away, the family wanted nothing to do with the baby, or the royal family. Karlheinz was free to raise the child as he saw fit.

He couldn't say he wasn't proud, Renai had demonstrated skill and vision past his own, allowing them to come back and securing an antidote against the nearly-extinct Endzeit. That's right, Endzeit had almost vanished, as had First Bloods. But Renai had found an antidote with such small numbers.

She had also unified Aristocrats and other Purebloods under her command, reigning in his troublesome sons and finally letting him rest. Even those turned-vampires, the Mukami, she had kept in line. They would never be able to become part of the royals, nor nobility, but their place in society was secured.

He closed his eyes. Soon, it would end.

"I'll deal with the rest. Please, enjoy your time," her voice called out, and he scoffed.

"Throwing me out?"

"Goodbye, Father."

𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 | Vampire Knight

Yuki bit her nail nervously. She hadn't left the manor since she confronted Renai. Kaname hadn't come back either. She was scared. Not because she was scared of dying, but rather, because it would be her family who wanted to end her.

"Yuki..."

She looked up at Hanabusa. The Aido heir had stayed with her, despite the turmoil.

"I think you should really consider going to the coronation."

Ah, that's right. Renai's coronation ball as Vampire Queen. It wasn't so much an actual coronation as it was a show of power. The icy vampiress had sent Zero Kiryu to deliver the invitation, along with a message.

"I know you wouldn't voluntarily walk into a trap, I'm sure Kaien and Kaname raised you better. But I offer answers to questions I know you have. I give you one chance, Yuki."

Yuki had been stunned. The message was short yet somehow not entirely devoid of emotion. It was direct and really dug into Yuki's curiosity to get some clear answers.

She bit her lip.

"Please ask Ruka to help me out," she mumbled, knowing the ash-haired vampire would expertly ready her.

Along with Hanabusa, Ruka, Akatsuki, Senri and Rima had all stayed with her. Apparently, they didn't understand Kaname's actions either, although they never expressed their true thoughts about Renai. Yuki understood. Renai had been a very powerful figure in vampire society, respected by many and feared by all.

Ruka and Rima dressed her in a very pale pink dress with white and silver details. They were silent while doing so, which made Yuki more anxious.

They filed into a car, Akatsuki taking the wheel. The trip was suffocating, and Yuki was glad when they finally arrived. Her garnet eyes took the grandiose palace in.

Soft light illuminated the cobbled path, and servants elegantly carried out their tasks. The invitees, Yuki realized, were a mix between humans and vampires. They all wore exquisite gowns, in a variety of colors.

She was startled when a servant gestured for them to follow. Another had already taken a seat inside the car to drive it away. Yuki gulped, strengthening her resolve and marching behind their guide.

"Relax. You're too tense and people are noticing," Hanabusa whispered to her, as they were led through the entrance hall, and straight across to the gardens.

The vast expansion of terrain took most inspiration from the French-style gardens of previous centuries, and added flower covered pavilions around bodies of water.

The guests' eyes were naturally guided by a large man-made pond sitting at a lower level, towards a glass house sitting in its middle. To access it, servants guided the guests over the central white bridge.

Yuki's anxiousness dissipated, amazed at the beautiful sight before her. The last rays of sunlight shone behind the glass structure, reflecting on the water. She silently followed the group down the stairs to the lower level.

All around the glass house, people held animated conversations, took strolls and enjoyed the gardens. The doors to the inside had not yet been opened, but the decoration, blue roses and white lilies could be seen through the glass, as well as the delicately laid out tables.

"Queen Renai hopes you enjoy the evening," the servant recited the words of welcome with a bow, before turning and leaving.

"She truly made this into a spectacle," Rima mumbled under her breath. "I can smell humans all over the place."

"Let's just focus on sticking together," Hanabusa said, looking ahead.

Several heads had been turned towards Yuki's direction. Purebloods were currently not very beloved within the vampire society, as it was believed they were still clinging onto their power. Still, not many approached. Those who did were there to greet the Aristocrats in the group, giving Yuki a curt bow of the head.

"Ha, look at these bastards..."

"Senri!"

"What? It's true. They were sucking up to Kaname and Yuki not too long ago, and now they can't even greet her properly," Senri Shiki rolled his eyes.

By the time a servant announced the arrival of the royal family, all the guests had gathered at the sides of the bridge and craned their necks to get a glimpse.

The first ones to cross the bridge were the easily recognizable Ren twins, dressed in military attires of white and gold. Right after them, six men, all handsome, dressed in noble regalia. Next was a man with pale hair and magenta eyes, a long cloak fluttering behind him.

And finally, the star of the show.

Renai wore a gradient blue dress that reminded Yuki of crashing waves. It hugged her figure elegantly, silver white chain around her hips chiming gently. Her white hair was left loose, adorned only with interwoven sapphires.

[Renai's dress]

And right next to her, Zero. Yuki stared at him, lips parted in surprise. He looked handsome, dressed in a white suit and holding Renai's hand. Yuki hadn't seen her friend since her confrontation with her ex-protector, but she didn't think he had aligned himself with her.

The new Queen stopped at the very top step of the stairs that led into the glass house and turned.

"My dear friends," Renai spoke, voice clear and authoritative. "I am pleased to welcome you to the palace. I have invited you to celebrate this historical moment."

As she spoke, her eyes slowly traveled the expanse of the gardens, before landing on Yuki.

"Tonight marks my first official appearance to you as Queen. I have big plans for us, and they begin here."

She raised her hand and a flurry of servants came around, carrying glass boxes and flutes of water on trays. Yuki picked up hers and her eyes widened when she saw the contents in the box.

"Blood pills. Since the beginning of our history, we vampires have had a need to feed on live creatures to sustain ourselves. This urge, this primal instinct, has put us in grave danger, not only with other races, but our own as well."

Renai picked up her own blood pill, lifting it up to eye level and admiring the pristine, jewel-like tablet.

"These newly developed tablets were made using my own blood. As such, they have been perfected to cover absolutely all and every need for vampires."

Yuki's eyes followed as Renai slipped the pill past her lips and swallow. The royal family did so as well, and everyone in the room saw their eyes shine brighter, not turning red. Yuki glanced down at the glass box, before taking a tablet and passing it down with some water.

Instantly, she felt a sense of calm wash over her. She couldn't tell what was calming down, as the tension of being a few feet away from Renai still felt present. It wasn't until Renai gestured with her hand again, that Yuki realized.

A servant walked past with a glass of blood, the scent emanating from it being premium blood. And still, even the lowest ranked vampire in the room, who would have never been exposed to such mouthwatering scent and would, under any other circumstance, undoubtedly run over to get their hands on it, had not made any attempts to approach.

"The tablets were created with the idea of balancing out predatory vampiric instincts. One pill should be enough to sustain us for a day. My goal is to co-exist in harmony. However..."

She glanced down at everyone and instantly, they felt the chill of her power press down on them, "Should anyone choose to ignore this peace I have in mind, I will not be merciful. There will not be a second chance."

After her announcement, she smiled, bowing elegantly to the enthusiastic applause.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 30 28
A retelling of Vampire Knight where Yuki is empowered to make her own decisions: Yuki, daughter of renowned vampire hunter Kaien Cross, has been entr...
2.3K 79 32
This is my version of Kaname's perspective on what happens if the vampire knight crossed over to the diabolic lovers universe and what really happens...
5K 208 13
You don't know how you got here or why you are Yuki Cross. This anime that seems to be more and more like an actual reality. One that is so vastly di...
9.1K 437 18
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...