My Best Friend's Boyfriend is...

By Luzel_hime

Running. That is all that I have been doing ever since I discovered his secret. Running and hiding from tha... More

1 - The Fluffy New Girl
2 - Don't Mess with my Jelly Pudding
3 - The Children of the Mafia
4 - They're Vampires?!.. yeah right.
5 - BambiLu is a Furry Wolf
6 - Wolf Theory
7 - Florence's Secret
8 - I Have a Stalker.. and he's a Wolf
9 - Minny Likes it Slow
10 - This is a Girls Sleep Over
Shapes in the Clouds
Horror movies.. who likes them
Minny is Taken
The Other Wolf
The Pizza Thief
Someone has a Temper
Genius Are Stupid
Missing Her
Wolf Boy and Icing
Breakfast Delivery
I'm a Hostage
My Rollercoaster Morning
A blast from Florence's Past
Flo in Action
I'm a Selfish Brat
I'm a Slave Driver
Scaring Wolf Boy's Fans
Complications of the Heart
Angels and boyfriends
Heart stopping moves
The vault
They're Tourist Guides
Hi I'm Lacus Clyne
They're here
You're not a monster
A Promise to Run
The School Fair Day 1 Part 1
The School Fair Day 1 Part 2
The School Fair Day 2
The School Fair Day 2 Part 2
The after party
The After Party 2
Waking up Wolf Boy
Birthday Kiss
Pepero Sticks
The Wrath of Khan
It's Snowing
Shooting Arrows
Christmas Eve with Him
Blame Global Warming
Scribbles
Butter
New Year Traditions
Interview with Khan
Rabid
The Irrational Genius
Valentine Plague
Florence's Galaxy
Sunflowers
The Red Dress
Florence's Valium
Go Team
A Walk in the Park
Family, Friends and Food
Head on Shoulders
30 Seconds Too Long
Haruman
How to kill a Vampire and find Atlantis
Adrenaline Shot
Niga Joha Neomu Joha
Scribbles part 2 (A/N)
Happy Ever After.. Is it?
Broken Faith
Fate's Stupid Games
The Prelude to Chaos
The Mad White Room of Nightmares
The Garden with the Glass Sky
To Escape
Death by a Rotten Apple
The Cure and Death of Wolf Boy
Soul Mate and Destiny
Lost in You
The Big Brother
Officially FloKai
Scribbles 3 (Important Update)
Over Rated Clichés
Flood the Firewall
A Proposition
He's Mine
She's Mine
20 boring facts about Flo
Wide Awake
Memories of a Crescent Moon
What is Love?
Forever
Chasing Cars
Corespondence
Home
Final Scribbles

The 26

2.3K 61 15
By Luzel_hime

KAI POV

Forget about movie stars, forget about music icons.. why? Because this bunch can do it all and they’re not even in the entertainment industry. Meet the 26. 26 gifted young people that are now taking the world by storm. They are now the new darlings of media with their unique and innovative approach to teaching. Yes guys these beautiful people teach.. among many things. They are formed and are under the management of one of the world’s leading research and Business Company only called as the Institute. What fascinated the world is that they are all scientist or specialist in certain fields and they do lectures around the world. So what did this group of gifted people do that even teenagers are now looking up to them? It’s the way they lecture.. It’s like you’re in a concert not in a lecture. Although heavily criticized by their unorthodox way it can’t be denied that they are doing good. wherever they go, whenever they visit a school the grades of the students immediately boost up….. all of the 26 had done lectures in various places and the last place they are going to is Asia.. and I heard the most gifted are going here.. the 26 is divided in smaller groups based in different continent but we heard that Asia is going to get the Core.. the most gifted of all the 26. ..

I watched transfixed as a reporter talked about the newest sensation in the world. I waited expectantly as the screen flashed faces of the 26.

“Kai wipe your drool.” Lay said besides me with a laugh. “Aiden hyung looks dashing.”

“He looks like he gained weight.” Minny said as she tugged me away from the screen. “Come on Jong In you have the program memorized.

“But wait! I want to see-” I was by Minny clamping her hand on my mouth and eyes.

“Yah! Minny I can’t see!” I complained as I let her pull me away. She lets me go after we had walked a few meters away from the giant screen. “Can’t you let me watch in peace woman?! Seriously! How does Luhan endure it?”

“Sometimes the old timid comes back but that’s a rarity.” Luhan answered grinning as Minny laughed and intertwines her hand with his. “Sometimes I think they exchanged bodies.” Luhan adds and motions his head towards the screen which we had left.

“Ugg Oppa. That would be very very weird.” Minny said with a roll of her eyes. “But when you think of it only the letter F is left in the core. Her hologram should be released-”

Minny’s voice was lost as screams echoed in Gangnam. Lay, Luhan and I quickly gathered around Minny placing her in the middle away from harm. Luhan was tense as we look for what caused the screams.

“It’s the 26 logo!!” One scream said and we looked at each other and then everyone took out their phones.

“Do you guys see it?” DO asked as we started to walk towards the source of the screams. A large clump of people were gathering and by the looks of it was only getting larger. “I see you Kai. See you in a bit.”

The others hand finished calling each other and we waited for them near the hologram which showed the 26 logo. I looked down at the source of the logo which was guarded by four men in black suits. I felt swell of pride as I look at the sleek sliver box on the ground. She made that.

“Hey guys.” Chanyeol said and I look away from the box to see that we were complete. “Is that her hologram?”

“Must be. She’s the last one.” Kris answered and a smile was on his face as he glanced at the logo.

“Who knew she would be a famous superstar?!” Baekhyun said as he stood on tip toe. “A famous scientist yes but a superstar. Heck no.”

“Blame Kai.” Sehun said poking me. “If you didn’t challenge her she would have gone back by now and we could have ordinary lives.”

“When were our lives ordinary Sehunnie?” Xiumin asked.

“Before us.” Luhan answered with a small smile.

“Don’t go mushy Oppa.” Minny said and tug him to the hologram. “Look it’s changing.”

The logo was indeed flickering. The solid, no nonsense logo of the 26 slowly faded and morphed into a picture of the galaxy. It was amazing how much depth the hologram can cast since it was a bright day. Then the galaxy zoomed at a beautiful crescent moon and I felt my heart lurch. If this was her hologram the galaxy and the moon were obvious choices. Now if only a wolf will appear.

A haunting howl echoed and a wolf appeared coming closer and closer but gradually changed into dust that swirled around to reveal a figure.

My heart stopped and resumed in a very fast pace as the hologram zoomed into the figure and a pair of beautiful blue eyes appeared.

“Oh my god. I have forgotten how vivid they are.” Suho murmured. I wanted to answer back but my mouth had gone dry.

Light gradually spread into the hologram and her face came into view then her whole body.

It was then I noticed the cheer sand yells. They were all ogling at her. They were staring at her. I wanted nothing more than to grab the hologram and hide it.

She’s mine.

“Hello..” Her voice thick with that darn accent sounded in the place. “My name is Florence Khan. I’m part of the 26 and I would like to invite you to our lecture.”

A smile grazes her face and I felt my heart beat even faster.

“Come with us as we show you what our world is about. Let us show you that learning can’t be that boring.. Are you ready?”

Darn it. I hate you. How can you use that voice in public.

I sigh in frustration as the hologram Flo smiled and beckoned me to come closer.

“Come closer.. And you will discover a world of wonder. Look beyond and you will see that there much yet to understand. We’ll be waiting.”

The hologram smiled once more and I was about to lose my mind. Then it disappeared into a mist.

“Remind again that we know that girl.” Tao said as we continued to stare at the spot where the hologram was before.

“We know that girl.” DO answered shaking his head.

“I wonder how many takes she had to do to do that.” Chen asked. “You know how awkward she is in front of the camera.”

“Not unless she is in costume.. And she did mention she considers her F persona a costume.” I answered running a hand through my hair.

“Don’t forget her acting skills.” Kris said with an amused grin.

“Well whatever.. You guys do know what that means right?” Minny said with a big smile. “ My Flo is coming home.”

I snorted at the endearment the two of them use for each other earning a smack from Minny.

“Well she is bound to go home with her brother getting married and all.” Kris said. “Who knew Ren hyung will settle down? Hah!”

“No more parties for us.” Luhan said slinging an arm on Minny as she rolls her eyes again.

“Good thing since you guys party way hard. Good thing My Flo has a binding contract if not she would have gone home to kick those girls clinging to Kai.” Minny said as we started to navigate our way back to the apartment.

“I should party harder.” I said grinning as Minny smacked me again.

“You are so dead once she gets home.” Sehun said grinning.

“Do any of you know when they’re coming here? I want to prepare that poster Flo said we’re not allowed to use.” Baekhyun said grinning wickedly.

“We will be dead if we go through with that.” DO said with a roll of his eyes.

“Come on what is the use of having a superstar best friend if we can’t tease the heck out of her?” Baekhyun answered grinning.

“We will die.” DO answered in a grave tone but I saw the glimmer of mischief in his eyes as Baekhyun and Chanyeol continued planning what we will do once 26 hits the airport. The superstar scientist will have a fit.

We arrived back at the apartment a few minutes later. We were now in last year in college and glad to say some things never change. We are now staying in the same apartment. You might think that after all this time we had grown tired of each other’s company but nope, the 12 of us were still together. Minny was staying in an apartment with Jess a few blocks from here but she spends most of her time here since Hanbin is like a permanent resident in their apartment. It was like high school but in a different place.

Minny wrinkles her nose as Luhan opens the door for her.

“I can see that Umin Oppa and Kyungsoo’s clean freak mode can’t fight the slob in the rest of you guys. Eww. Do you guys know what a broom is?” Minny asked frowning.

“It’s used for quidditch!” Chen answered laughing.

“You guys are hopeless. Flo gives you a million dollar apartment and you just trash it.” Minny answered picking up something from the floor and the disgust doubled on her face as the underwear dangled from her fingertips. “Should I even ask who this belongs too?”

“You shouldn’t bash my taste miss stylist.” Baekhyun said taking the bra and flinging it towards Sehun who was red faced. “Sehunnie baby boo your fling left this.”

“Yah!” Sehun said going redder.

“Our maknae is fast becoming a serial dater.. Tsk tsk. I wonder how Flo will react to her baby becoming that.” I teased ruffling Sehun’s hair.

“You guys are ridiculous.” Sehun huffed as he threw the underwear at a nearby trash bin.

“Sorry Jagiya. The cleaning crew is coming this afternoon so this will be spotless later.” Luhan said in a soothing tone as Minny bristled at our mess.

“I wish I had an apartment.” Minny sighed.

“Minny why don’t you just move in with us?” Kris asked grinning.

“I have no plans on becoming your maid.” Minny answered with a roll of her eyes. She pushes off a pile of clothes from a chair and sits down. “You boys clean up now!”

Minny only uses that tone on us when she’s a bit pissed off so we did as she asked. A few minutes later the living room floor can be seen and the sofa can actually be used for its purpose and not as a dumping ground for clothes.

“You’re so bossy! Are you drunk?” Tao asked as Minny threw a Gucci bag at him.

“No but I will dunk you if you don’t get these designer bags back to your room!” Minny answered throwing another- I don’t know what brand name it is- bag at Tao who caught it and ran to his room.

A few minutes later of Minny ordering us around the apartment was now more organized. The only thing left was the kitchen which we left for the cleaning crew. Nobody wanted to touch it even with Minny’s threats.

“You’re so mean Minny.” Tao whined as he plopped down on the couch.

“Will you still call me mean if I said I ordered food?” Minny asked with a pout.

“Shabu Shabu?” Tao asked with glimmering eyes.

“All your favourites.” Minny said smiling as she patted Tao’s head gently.

“Yey! You’re not mean!” Tao said in a sing song voice.

“Oh how easily Tao’s loyalty is brought.” Kris mused.

I laughed and shook my head as we all sat down to wait for the food. I felt my phone vibrate and it was a message from my girlfriend.

Hey..:) I heard that my hologram was shown in Gangnam today?

Yup. I hate you by the way.

Aww what did I do??

I distinctly remember asking you not to use your accent in public.

Ahhhh. Well that was what the production team wanted.. They said Aiden and I had the accents that can melt hearts.

HMPFT

Is my yeobo mad? I’ll give you a kiss to make up for it.

I nearly lost my cool in public but anyway the hologram was fantastic.

Did you see the reference to you guys?

The galaxy? The Moon or the wolf?

Hahaha. Glad you saw it. I hope I did not look ridiculous.

You never looked ridiculous.

Biased.

Only for you.

Ayyeee. I miss you Oppa!

When are you arriving here?

Actually I’m already here.

“What?!” I exclaimed loudly making everyone look at me with brows raised.

“Turn on the television.” I said.

Xiumin was the nearest so he switched it on and a news flash was just airing. It showed a mass of people at the airport.

THE CORE OF THE 26 ARRIVES IN KOREA.

“OH MY FREAKING GOD!! HOW DARE SHE!” Minny screeched jumping up.

We watched as 6 people were escorted to two awaiting cars and were whisked off to I do not know where. Minny whirled at me.

“Call her. Now.” She ordered.

I did was she asked and frowned when a dial tone answered me.

“I can’t call her.. But I’ll text her..” I answered.

“Arrgh! How dare she goes home without informing us!” Minny whined.

“I gather that was a surprise.” Lay said.

My phone vibrated again.

Is Minny freaking out right now? :)

How did you know? Please don’t tell me there are hidden cameras in the apartment.

Only in your room.:)

Yah! Florence Khan!

Kidding. No. Just a guess since I saw news vans at the airport. Our surprise arrival must be on the news now.

It surely is.

Well surprise! Tell Minny I love her. Haha.

How about me?

I love you Kim Jong In.. ^^

Where are you? Can we come to you?

Umm.. Sorry Kai. But we arrived earlier than scheduled because someone needs our services. We’re somewhere in Korea. I can’t disclose the place but don’t worry. You’ll see me soon enough love.

When?

Just soon love. I’m nearly home. Just wait.

I have been waiting for 3 years, 5 months and 6 days.

Wow. You actually kept track.

You didn’t?

You forgot 6 hours, 35 minutes and 40 seconds..:) I miss you Oppa. See you soon!

How soon?

Soon. I need to go. Tell the others I love them but of course I love you more. <3

I can’t wait. Love you too Flo.

<3

+++

A week has passed and the entire world is in chaos as the core had suddenly gone under radar. That only happens when they had to do some delicate matters.. Apart from being superstars they also helped countries that need their expertise.

“Do you think this is their showcase?” Lay asked me as we walked towards the Grand Auditorium of the university since all students who did not have classes were required to go there to attend an assembly for reasons unknown.

“Dunno.” I answered rubbing my eyes. I was still sleepy since girlfriend dearest had called me early in the morning asking for panda chocolates. I humoured her saying I’ll meet her today and bring her a basket of it. I had a box in my back just in case she springs another surprise and appears in front of me.

“Hey guys! Over here!” Chanyeol called out waving.

We walked towards them. We had agreed to attend the assembly together since we all did not have classes. The only ones missing were Minny and Tao.

Tao was now weaving his way towards us.

“Where’s your girlfriend?” Xiumin asked Luhan.

Luhan craned his neck and pointed.

“There.” He said and we looked at the direction he was pointing at.

Minny was striding towards us in a confident walk. Boys were looking at her admiringly but she didn’t even glance at them. Her eyes were only on Luhan.

“Oppa!” She said childishly, hugging him and kissing his cheek.

“Hey.” Luhan said grinning wounding his arms around her.

“You look nice today Min.” Suho said.

“Thanks! Eomma Fleur sent these. Just got them yesterday.” Minny said twirling around as Luhan looked at her with a soft smile. “Flo’s trying to buy me off again since she did not tell me that they would be arriving.”

“We all did not know so how come you just received a gift? Aren’t we her best friends too?” Chanyeol demanded.

“Cause she loves me best.” Minny answered grinning as she hugged Chanyeol. “I think you guys have a gift too.. Just wait. Anyway there’s a rumour going around that today is the Core’s Showcase. What do you guys think?”

“Well it might be true..” Sehun said as he gestured at the trunks of the news outlets that were parked outside the Grand Auditorium.

“But if this is the Core showcase why here? Why not the biggest stadium?” Chen asked.

“Because they’re lecturers not entertainers.” Kris answered. “And Flo knows we’re here and have no classes.”

“She knows our schedule?” Xiumin asked a bit surprised.

“Umin she has one of the most powerful computers and a massive data bank at her disposal. Of course she knows.” Kris answered with a roll of his eyes. “Or her boyfriend told her.”

“Hey she asked and I saw nothing wrong with giving it!” I said defensively as Kris leered at me.

“I’m going to see My Flo!! Yey!!”Minny said clapping her hands.

“My Flo? Psft you wish.” A voice said and we all look back to see three girls glaring at Minny. I saw Luhan tense up. “Min-shu you’re such a social climber when everyone knows you just fabricated all those photos. Fake.”

“Yah! That’s rude!” Tao said.

“Tao calm down. Let them be. I have gone past the stage of proving to people that Flo is our best friend.” Minny said placing a restraining arm on both Tao and Luhan.

“Haha. Well in case you didn’t know they the Core will be having a party this week and my dad got invited. I’m going with him and I’m going to make Florence Khan my best friend.” The Girl in the middle said with a flip of her blonde hair.

“Good luck with that Haejoon.” Minny said with a smile. She then flipped her hair and turned her back at the girls. I smiled, Flo will be a proud mother hen with how confident Minny is now. “Let’s go guys. Before the good seats are taken.”

“You guys are fakes!! You’re gang can’t be friends with the 26. They’re stars and you’re nothing!” The girl shouted as we left making everyone stare at us.

We were still known as a group of trouble makers in the university and also a bunch of other names since we all claim that we know the Florence Khan. I have been called a few names that made Flo mad when Suho slipped and told her. She would have thrown a fit if she knew what they were calling Minny. We all know how she reacted when people started calling Minny bad names..

“She will die when Flo hears her calling you that.” Tao said to Minny who shrug.

“Don’t bother. I get the ultimate pay back once Flo comes back and I get to make her my model for our final project.” Minny answered grinning.

“She agreed already?” I asked as we entered the auditorium and managed to snag seats that allowed us to sit together. 6 sat in the front while 7 at the back.

“When did she ever say no to me Kai?” Minny asked with another toothy grin.

“True.” I said nodding.

We settled down in our seats and I got comfortable planning on sleeping throughout the whole program. A few minutes later the program started. The university president went to the podium and started to talk about something. I tuned him out.. I was sleepy. I was about to fall asleep when the noise suddenly got louder.

“What’s happening?” I asked Kris beside me.

“I think those two people who walked on stage are celebrity host.” Kris said.

I straighten up and saw that it was indeed celebrity host.. No wonder everyone was in uproar.

“Why are celebrity host here?” I asked.

“Maybe Minny is right.” Kris answered and flashed me a teasing smile. His hair now back to its blonde color glistening in the dim lights of the auditorium.

I roll my eyes at him, over the course of 3 years all of us had grown close with each other and I have to say Kris really reminded me of her. No wonder people say they look good with each other because they are like carbon copies of each other. In those 3 years my jealousy of him and her had all but disappeared. I know my place in her heart and I can now stay firm on the position.

The hosts were now greeting everybody and were basically hyping the crowd.

I felt my phone vibrate. It was another message from her.

I miss my panda chocolates.

I have one in my bag right now.. Come and get it.

I just might Oppa. I just might. Call you later. I have something to do. Love you.

The last message had a picture attached of her in full costume. They must have a show or something. She looked nice but I prefer her with minimum make up.

You look beautiful genius.. But then again you always are. I love you too. I’ll wait for your call.

I grinned and placed my phone back in my pocket the same time the auditorium was filled with loud noises.

“What is happening now?” I asked.

“You weren’t listening?” Kris asked and smirked when he saw the dreamy look in my eyes. “They just mention the word ‘lecture’ everybody is now screaming because it might be the 26 after all.”

“I told you I was right!” Minny said beside him. She grinned at me, a happy glow on her face. It wasn’t only me that missed her.

Then the lights all dimmed and a spotlight just illuminated the hosts.

“Alright everyone we all know what you want.. Frankly I’m excited to see them too.. Let’s welcome the core of the 26!”

The crowd just went wild.

I really can’t believe how popular they are and they’re not even music idols or movie stars.

The screen on the stage suddenly switched into an ethereal blue background. Then a voice sounded all over the place.

“We want nothing more than to spread knowledge all over the world and show people that learning can’t be that boring.. And it’s not only concerts that they can also have fun…” It was Aiden on the screen smiling and talking.

The girls screamed loudly. Heck even Minny was cheering.

Aiden was now one of the most popular boys in the planet. Blonde, debonair and a matching sexy (according to her, that’s what makes Aiden so popular) British accent, girls just go wild over him.

“Do you want to meet them already?” The host asked.

“YES!!!” The crowd answered.

Then the familiar teaser of the 26 appeared. It was actually only letters  scrawling on the screen but they crowd went wilder when it stopped on the letter A. Then J, N, D and Q. the last one made my heart stop and start in a very fast beat. F.

It became dark and you can hear the excitement in the crowd as the music started.

The 26 was all about grand entrances.

Lights started to flash and holograms started to appear. It made everyone crazy since those holograms look so human like. I nearly jumped out of my seat when one appeared near our aisle and it was Julie.

“Julie-sshi!” Lay shouted.

The hologram Julie faced us, smiled and disappeared.

It was confusing but also exciting since we didn’t know where the real 26 will appear. One hologram caught my eye as it was a bit larger than life. Flo was wearing a long red cloak and was riding a black horse. It charge its way towards the back and I felt my breathing stop as it passed by. It was so real..

Then tribal music started to play as spot lights danced around us. The holograms of the 26 have disappeared and were now replaced by the logo that was hovering above us. The spot lights gradually disappeared until 6 remained and they all trained towards the back at the ceiling where a platform was constructed.

The volume of the crowd magnified as 6 hooded figures appeared. The two in the middle jumped and I heard Minny gasped. The two were quickly followed by the other four and they all jumped but it was quickly shown that there were zip lines.

“I did not know we had zip lines.” Kris said over the din.

“Apparently bro we have 6.”I answered and he laughed.

The 6 figures landed smoothly on the stage and formed a line. Then the lights went out.

Behind us I heard the door open and I looked back to see 3 people near our door and 3 others at the far side. Nobody had yet to notice them since all were fixated on the stage but I think I can smell something familiar.

A scent that makes my heart beat fast and my mind to go blank as my hormones raged on.

That lavender jasmine scent.

The lights went back on and the 6 figures were still there.

“Not everything you see is true.” One voice said. It was not a voice I recognize.

“Come closer and you will see.” Another one said and I think that was Julie.

“But you need to look back to see the whole picture.” Another voice I did not recognize.

The 6 hooded figures raised one hand they all snapped their fingers and they disappeared.

“What the eff? Those weren’t real?” Sehun exclaimed.

“I can see you guys we’re fooled.” Now that voice I recognize. It was Aiden and a lazy laugh followed.

“They’re behind us.” I said and someone on the other side screamed as they saw what I was already seeing.

“A don’t be a tease.” That voice I do not recognize.

“Hello. Yes yes we’re real now.” Julie’s voice said with a laugh.

“Hey 26! Will you please some up the stage? Stop making people look for you!” The male host said at the stage.

The crowd scream and stood up as they started to trek towards the stage.

“FLO!!” Minny bellowed as a girl with long straight red hair passes us. The girl paused and glance back her blue eyes gleaming.

She smiled at Minny and her eyes scanned us and met mine. She grinned and winked.

Cue senseless heart fluttering.

It took all my self-control not to pounce on her right there.

The guard with her ushered her forward she glance once more at us and smiled again.

“That doesn’t look like our Flo.” Xiumin mused.

“She dyed her hair.. I can’t believe it.” Minny said. “I never imagined Flo as a red head but dang.”

“I prefer her fluffy hair.” Sehun said.

I smile and tune them out. I gaze at the stage dreamily as they had finally arrived there. I watch her smile and wave at the crowd. It was really her; she was a few meters away from me, in flesh. It was her perfume that I smelled a while ago and now I know why my heart was beating a bit fast earlier today. It seemed to know that she was home. It’s other half is home.

They were now introducing themselves. I tried harder to pay attention and not just stare at her like a stupid idiot.

“Hello everyone. We’re The 26. I’m Aiden.” Aiden said in english. The crowd cheered.

“Hi I’m Julie.”

“Damon here.”

“Hey guys.. name’s Nate.”

“Good day everyone! I’m Queenie.”

Then the camera focused on her. Her blue eyes shining with amusement as the crowd cheered even louder.

“Hello everyone I’m Flo. It’s nice to see you.” She said and the auditorium cheered since she spoke in Korean.

“Well I’m glad one of them speaks Korean.” The female host said.

“Oh I speak it too and so does Julie. Flo’s just more fluent in it.” Aiden said smiling.

“That’s a relief…” The male host said and looked back the wings. “We don’t need a translator! Thank you!” He joked.

The crowd laughed.

“Of course what can you expect from a group of geniuses?” The female host said smiling at them. “It’s amazing to finally meet you and my, you don’t really fit into the description of geniuses.”

Julie was translating what the host was saying to the other three who looked politely at the host.

“Let me guess we’re not diabolically critical, cool and analytic?” Flo said with an amused smile. “A friend of mine said that to me when he first met me. He was disappointed that I was not wearing a lab coat.”

Kris beside me burst out laughing because it was him Flo was talking about.

“You all look like celebrities.. well you are celebrities in a way.” The male host said.

“Thank you. It’s nice to know people appreciate the efforts of our staff to make us decent looking.” Aiden said.

The host together with everyone laughed. I watched amused as Flo deftly maneuvered herself to the side away from the center of attention. She was now at the side farthest from the two hosts, but she was unlucky since the male host went to the other side beside her so the six of them were in the center.

“You all look so young and yet look at you, highly successful individuals already.” The male host said.

“Well they are the youngest group to win the Nobel Prize. Congratulations by the way.” The female host said.

“Thank you.” Aiden answered for them.

“As I recall the youngest is 21 right?” The male host said. “That would be you right?”

He asked Flo beside him. She smiled at him and the familiar feeling of green jealousy glare in me. It disappeared when Flo raised one of her hands to push back her hair away from her face. The blue gemstone glimmered under the lights and I grinned, she was wearing it again. A few years back she had on the necklace since she had to handle corosive ingredients but now it was back where it rightfully belongs.

“You’re Flo Khan right? Your Ren Khan’s sister.” The male host said as Flo nods. “Why isn’t he part of the 26?”

“Because he’s getting married.” Aiden said laughing. The two hosts looked at him interestedly. “I’m kidding. That wasn’t the main reason. Ren you see was part of the original group but he decided not to participate since we had rigorous touring schedules and he is just starting a new chapter in his life so he and his future wife decided not to participate in our little act. Be side’s he’s already successful in his field.”

“Very well said Aiden-sshi. Now how is the wedding going? He is marrying one of the most loved music idols of Korea.” The female host asked.

“It’s doing fine.” Julie said.

“Are you all going to attend?”

“Well we are invited but it depends on the schedule of each and every one of us.” Aiden answered.

And so it went on.. They weren’t here today to do a lecture but to announce that they are going to do a tour in Korea and the neighboring countries. Aiden and Julie did most of the talking even thou Flo was more fluent in Korean. She was busy translating everything to the other members of the Core.

“Why are you called the Core?” The female host asked.

“Oh.. that. That was meant as a joke, you all know that all of the 26 have specific fields but the 6 of us are the most general. I’m in living sciences; Julie is in language and culture. Queen is in History. Damon is in robotics. Nate is in Physical sciences. Flo is the math whiz. Hence we’re like the core since our fields are the most basic. The core of our teachings.” Aiden explained

“Thank you for the explanation and now.. you know that Korea is known for its interactive Variety shows and we have a fun part for all your fans.” The female host said. “We are now allowing some lucky fans to ask you questions.. any questions or say something to you if they like. Are you guys game?”

“Sure.” Julie said grinning.

The noise in the auditorium just got louder. A few of the organizers were roaming around with microphones for the audience to use. The first one to as was a girl who was giddy with excitement.

“Hello.. I’m really a fan of Nate..” the girl said nervously. “I would like to thank him because if not for him I would have a hard time with my studies.”

Flo whispered the translation to Nate and pushed him towards the girl. He did so gamely and gave the girl a hug. The crowd just went wild.

“Thank you Oppa..” The girls said breathless as Nate went back to his place beside Flo who was laughing at him. “Anyway you guys mentioned that the 26 is not allowed to be married to be in the 26.. so are all of you single?”

There was an interested silence in the auditorium.

“Not really. We’re allowed to have relationships. We just think that if your married you have an obligation to spend time with your wife or husband and not on touring so most of us are not married there is really no rule regarding that and to answer your question no all of us are not single. The whole world knows I’m not single.” Aiden said and placed an arm on Julie’s shoulder. The latter rolled her eyes at him but kissed his cheek fondly. There were sighs and screams from the crowd.

“Flo was right when she said the two will end up together.” Suho said grinning.

“So who’s single among the remaining members of the core?” The female host asked. “Raise your hand if you’re single. One, two, three!”

There was screaming as Damon, Nate and Queen raised their hands.

“I’m single!” Nate said grinning and waving his hand. “Who wants my number?”

The girls on the crowd just went wild.

The others just rolled their eyes at him but the male host was looking at Flo intently.

“Wait wait.. maknae why didn’t you raise your hand?” He asked her.

Immediately the crowd went silent.

“Ohh.. Their manager is signalling for Maknae to raise her hand.” the female host said with amusement. “Flo-sshi? Are you single?”

Flo gave a pointed look at the manager and smiled at the audience. Her eyes scanning until it landed on the place where I sat. If I was a little closer she would been staring at me.

“No. I have a boyfriend.” Flo said with a grin.

A pause of silence then eruptions of questions.

“ahhh so she finally decides to confirm the rumours.” The male host said.

“What rumours?” Flo asked with raised brows.

“A prince in Italy or an heir in Europe Flo?” The male asked with smile.

Flo sighed and smiled again this time it looked forced.

“He’s Korean!” Aiden butted in making the noise of the crowd louder.

“ahhh!! So that rumour is true.” The female host said with a grin.

Flo visibly sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

“I do not keep up with the internet these days except to email my friends and family so I have no idea as to what rumours are circulating about me.” Flo said with a small that I know was now forced. “But to stop all of them I’m taking this opportunity to say this.. Sorry guys. I’m taken. Very much taken.”

The smile that graced her face was now very real.

“Ahhh.. It’s nice to see a giddy Flo once in a while. This leg of the tour is the one she looked forward to most.” Aiden said reaching out to ruffle Flo’s hair. She swatted it away with a frown.

“It’s good to come home.” Flo said still smiling.

“Home?” The male host asked.

“Yes I consider this country my second home. London is where I was born but this is my home now. This is where the people I want to spend the rest of life live.. So yes Home.” Flo said making the audience coo in delight.

“Minny you’re crying!” Luhan said as Minny sniffed. “My cry baby is back!”

“Shut up Oppa.” Minny said hugging him. “I want to run up the stage and hug her. Can they end this program already? I want My Flo!”

“I think they’re in the audience now.” Flo said smiling. “And I think my best friend is crying now. Stop being a mushy kimchi My Minny. I’ll see you soon.”

“Few of us in the 26 have friends outside us. Most of you guys already know our back stories; Flo is one of us that have friends outside. We sort of envy her and them, the boyfriend the most.” Damon said putting an arm on Flo’s shoulder. “They are always number one in her priorities. - this boyfriend again holding the top spot.”

“So your parents are fine with this then Flo-sshi.” The female host asked. “Can we know the name of this boyfriend?”

“For security reasons I won’t divulge his name but I think you guys will find out soon enough might as well get a few days of privacy before you guys descend on us.” Flo said with a laugh. “And to answer the first question both my parents know him.”

“How long?” The female host asked again.

“That he and I are together? 3 going unto 4.” Flo said with a lopsided grin.

“god! Flo is blushing!” Queenie said laughing. “A you’re right! It is adorable to see!”

“Shut up.” Flo said also laughing.

“Now I can hear the sound of breaking hearts. Sorry my fellow Flo admirers. Flo’s heart was already owned 3 years ago.” The male host said with a hand on his heart.

“It was never in my intention to hide this information. Relationships rules are not that strict in the 26 you see... Since we never imagined that we will get to be this famous.” Flo said.

“Flo is right. We have never imagined this little social experiment we did to come back and haunt us and make us into what we are now. We thank all of you who supported us.” Aiden said. “I know all of you are interested in our blue eyed maknae’s love life but all have a time limit so onwards to the next question!”

The audience became livelier again at that point. Another girl comes to the mic.

“My question is bit moot since Flo already declared that she’s taken.” The girl said with a giggle.

“Still we would love to hear it.” Julie said as Flo nod with a smile.

“I wanted to ask if you know the Kpop star Park Minho. He always says in his interviews that you are his ideal type and he knows you personally. Is it true?” The girl asked.

“Ahhh.. Yes. I do know Minho. I think you can recall that I went off the grid for a few years to hide from a few bad guys and that led me here in South Korea. I met Minho when I was under the cover of a high school student. He was the prince of our school then and I knew then that he will be a successful individual. I haven’t talk to him for while I hear he released a new album? Hey Prince-kun! Send me a copy ne?” Flo said grinning. “And being me as his ideal type I flattered Prince-kun. Thank you.”

“Do any of you listen to Kpop?” The male host asked as the girl who question got off the stage after she shook hands with the celebrities.

“Yes!” Julie and Queenie said in union.

“You just unleashed the fan girls.” Nate said with a rueful smile.

“I love Kpop!!! It’s my vice.” Queenie said grinning. “Since 3 of us are fluent in Korean and Flo is partly Korean it’s not hard to fall in love with them. I mean come on. They’re awesome! I would like to meet them while we are here.”

“We have met a couple of them like Bom-sshi, Ren’s fiancé. Lovely lady. Ren is a lucky guy.” Aiden said. “Julie goes gaga over her label mates Big Bang and Winner.”

“I like Leetuk Oppa!!” Queenie said laughing. “Did I say that right? Flo?”

“You said say ‘Saranghe Leetuk Oppa!’ and do a heart like I taught you.” Flo answered grinning as Queenie did so.

“How about you Flo?” The female asked.

“Hmm I personally find EXO’s Kai handsome and Kris drop dead gorgeous. We have met EXO while they were on tour in Europe. It was fun. They’re cool” Flo said grinning. “EXO’s Kai reminds me of my boyfriend that’s why he’s my bias.”

There were a myriad of questions and statements but the 6 of them handled the onslaught like professionals.

“There are also some things that we like to know. And we had asked the 26 to poll this among themselves… who do they think is the most brilliant among them?” The female host said and pointed to the screen as the 26 appeared on video.

“I think the most brilliant among is our youngest. Florence.” One of the more popular boys  X-Xyrus said, there were subtitles for those who can’t catch up with the english, making the girls squeal in delight when they saw him.

Most of the 26 answered her too. Seconds was Damon then Julie.

“Wow maknae.. the youngest is the most brilliant.” The female host said and Flo started to shake her hands.

“Anya… they’re exaggerating. We’re all smart.” Flo said. “They like to bully me when it comes to questions like that..”

“We just find our maknae is adorable when she’s embarrassed.” Julie said.

“Alright onto the next question.” The male host said. “When you first meet each other there must have been sparks since all of you were good looking talented individuals who left the most lasting impression on you?”

“Maknae you answer it first.” Aiden said.

“Hmm… I already knew Aiden and Julie then so it has to be.. Tyler. He had this adorable lost confused look on his face and of course Lucy. Lucy reminded me of my best friend since she cries so much like my best friend does and over such silly matter.” Flo said chuckling.

“I do not cry over silly matters!” Minny exclaimed indignation on her face making us laugh at her.

“Then what do you cry over? Admit it Min you’re a cry baby.” Chen said.

“Let’s watch what the other members of 26 have to say.” The female host said.

“I would have to say Julie and Flo. I was impressed that Julie can speak so many languages.” Another popular boy member Z-Zac appeared on the screen. “And I had a crush on Flo the moment I met her. those vibrant beautiful eyes.. too bad she’s utterly devoted to her boyfriend.. wait am I allowed to say that? Sorry Flo.. (He grins looking not entirely sorry) and she’s also brilliant. I would like to tell her boyfriend. Man, you are one lucky dude.”

“Yeah man your one lucky dude.” Sehun said to me. I nod completely in agreement.

“I think its Xyrus and Flo. Xyrus was this pretty boy just looked like he jumped out of an anime magazine and Flo was this silent girl the we all thought was average when in fact she was the most brilliant of all of us. She has this almost shy way around the cameras like she’s not entirely comfortable in front of them I sometimes wonder how the Institute manage to convince her to join the 26. Because of that we all tend to be over protective of her.” Sarah, another member answered.

After a few more questions the host said that it is time to say goodbye.

“It was such fun talking to the six of you. you should also visit variety shows..” The female host said.

“We will if someone invites us.” Aiden said grinning.

“And now they will have an onslaught of invitations.. be careful what you wish for Aiden-sshi.” The male host said to Aiden who laughed. “I learned new things while talking to you guys. Thank you for the opportunity.”

“We are more than honored to meet you and thank you to the university for making this possible. We promise to do our best in our lectures here and also on the other places.” Julie said.

“Wait before you go.. Florence-sshi.” The male host said to her and he was smiling mischievously.

“Yes?” Flo looked at him warily.

“you said earlier that your boyfriend is Korean and your group of friends is also Korean. How about a video message for them? It’s a common thing here in Korea to do one.” The male host said.

“Oh.. alright. Where should I look at?” Flo said. the host pointed to a camera. “Hmm.. hi guys. Surprise! Don’t kill me when we see each other later. I just wanted to surprise all of you and I come bearing gifts so clear a piece your schedule for you long lost but now home friend.” she said grinning at the camera. I heard the amused laughter from the boys. “Min I got that dress you wanted.. and well boys. I know what you want. Anyway talk later. Love you!”

“Now for your boyfriend..” The female host said in a teasing tone.

Flo laughed as an adorable blush creeps on her face. She then faced the audience and takes a deep breath.

“Oppa.. I’m home.” She said and my heart did silly flips and twirls. She really is home. It was half in my mind to stand and run to her but I stopped myself.

She smiled and bowed. That was it. But I think that was all I needed to hear. The rest can come later.

All of them bowed and just like that the program was done and everyone was filling out of the auditorium. We followed when it was a little less crowded. We stopped outside and just looked at each other for a moment not believing what just happened.

Before anyone can speak my phone started to ring. It was a very familiar number that made my heart skip a beat.

“Hey hey.. Wassup handsome?” Flo said and roll my eyes.

“Where are you love?” I ask.

“In a car going back to the hotel. I need a shower.”

“Can I go there later?”

“Um not advisable Yeobo. The hotel is swamped by the media.”

“But I want to see you!! And please Minny is killing me with her whining.”

“Aww my poor boyfie.. Hmm how about this? I’m visiting uncle at our old school, you guys met me there and we can go to the apartment after?”

“That’s sounds good but can you escape?”

“Of course I can. See you at 5 pm there.”

“Okay.. Be careful.”

“Always. See you soon my love.”

“I love you.”

“Love you more. See you later.”

“I’ll count the minutes.”

“And I the seconds.”

She ended the call after I said good bye.

“What did she say?” Minny demanded when I shoved the phone back in my pocket.

“5 pm at the old school.”

“Well it’s already four. We need to go now if we want to be on time.” Minny said. “I need to change first.”

“Why? What you’re wearing is fine.” Luhan said.

“I’m in heels and I think when we arrive at school the field will be blanketed in snow. That means snowballs flying and if I’m in heels I can’t run and hide.” Minny answered in a matter-of-factly tone.

“Okay. Meet us at the apartment and we’ll take the van.” Kris said.

“Okay. See you guys!” Minny said and dashed off towards her apartment.

+++

So that’s where we were now. In our old school. Good thing there were no classes today so we can visit. We were now on the field having a snowball fight and making snow mans. Minny was on the side hiding behind Luhan since she didn’t like to be hit by the cold snow.

“I wonder where she is. It’s already 5:05” Minny complained.

“Min you know Flo and late go together.” Luhan answered.

“Mou.. she’s a famous scientist she should be more punctual.” Minny said pouting.

Suddenly a bark came from somewhere and a small bundle of golden fur came running towards us. It jumped into my arms.

“Butter!” I exclaimed. “You’ve grown so big and fat. “Didn’t Flo give you any exercise at all?”

“How did you know that’s Butter?” Xiumin asked.

“He has a name tag on his collar.” I answer and held the dog at arm’s length. He was wearing a black sweater and dog shoes made for the snow. He looked like a rich dog. He barked and squirmed wanting to be put down. I put him down and he ran to Minny, then to Luhan then to Kris. He ran around us in circles yapping happily. We all patted and cooed at him simply happy to see him.

“Honestly I should be offended that you’re happier to see my dog then me.” Flo said watching us.

We all look up surprised. We didn’t hear her approach. She now looked like the Flo we know. Her hair now back to its curls and swirling around her face, giving her a halo of caramel. Her hands on her hips, an amused smirk on her face.

“Well I thought you guys missed me why are you starting at me like I’m a ghost?” she asked.

I moved but Minny was the first one who reacted.

“FLO!!” She said and ran to her. She tackled her in a hug and they both fell on the ground laughing.

“I missed you too Min.” She said breathless. “But my butt hurts from the fall.”

“I missed you!” Minny said loudly hugging her tightly burying her face on Flo’s coat.

“As expected she’s crying.” Flo said pulling Minny back who was now sniffling. “Sheeze your worse than Lucy is.”

“Is that a bad thing?” Minny asked.

“Nope.” Flo said hugging Minny again.

“Come on you two get up from the cold.” Luhan said pulling Minny up.

Kris helped her stand then pulled her into a hug.

“I missed you brain girl.”

“Aww… wolf boy you’ve grown soft and blonde.” Flo said ruffling his hair. “Missed you too.”

Sehun then pulled her into a hug.

I know I should join the fray but I was suddenly rooted on the spot. I watch as everyone hugged and kissed her cheek saying that they missed her. Why can’t I move? I was suddenly shy.. and I felt awkward and I really couldn’t explain how I feel right now.

She was really here. She’s real and I’m not in one of my vivid dreams.

She looked my way and a small blush appears on her face. Am I right to think, to say that she also looked a bit shy at the moment.

We stood staring at each other for a moment.

“Should we leave?” Baekhyun voice sounded far away.

Then a smile appears on her face, the one that she only saves for me. she took a step and suddenly ran towards me. I met her half way.

Then she was in my arms. Her perfume assaulting my senses. Her arms around me as she hugs me tight. I wound my arms around her just not too tight afraid that if I do so she’ll disappear like a dream, like smoke.

Her head buries itself on my shoulder as she hugs me. My hand goes to her hair, wanting to feel it, I run my hand through it marveling at its silky smoothness and length.

“You’re real.” I said stupidly.

“Do you dream about me then?” she asked looking up at me.

“Frequently.” I answered honestly still a bit dazed. She laughs and tightens her arms around me.

“I missed you Kai.”

“I missed you even more.”

She smiled, her teeth showing, her vibrant blue eyes sparkling with tears and happiness.

“I’m home Oppa.” She said touching my face.

“Welcome home.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 3.8K 60
"There's that nice scent again" Her wolf stated, smelling the citrusy and musky scent, a favourite combination she loves. It smells of the woods and...
2.8K 227 17
Run as far as you can sunflower ,run through the dark,run through the light. When you turn around , you will never find your shadow, you will find me...
23.5K 869 18
Your a famous k-pop idol and great friends with EXO. You were trainees at the same time and debuted in the same year. However with both of your busy...
2.6K 598 33
[Completed] (Book 7 in my EXO series spinoff to Do I know you?) My life hasn't been that exciting. To be more specific, I lead a dull life. Everythi...