lucifer, l.hemmings

By fckinghealy

or when a girl and boy meet at a party and give each other endearing nicknames such as lucifer and indiana jo... More

prologue
one ➝ "i'm a mess"
two ➝ "teenage dirtbag"
three ➝ "girls"
four ➝ "holding onto you"
five ➝ "young & beautiful"
six ➝ "we are done"
seven ➝ "ghost"
eight ➝ "shake it off"
ten ➝ "ride"
dont fcking kill me
eleven ➝ "out of the woods"
twelve ➝ "wake up next to you"
thirteen → "spaces"
fourteen → "all you had to do was stay"
fifteen ➝ "outside"
chapter sixteen ➝ "wildest dream"
chapter seventeen ➝ "lies"
chapter eighteen ➝ "i'm not over"
chapter nineteen ➝ "yellow flicker beat"
chapter twenty ➝ "clean"
chapter twenty-one ➝ "salute"
chapter twenty-two ➝ "sledgehammer"
chapter twenty-three ➝ "cosmic love"
chapter twenty-four ➝ "falling for you"
chapter twenty-five ➝ "hurricane"
chapter twenty-six ➝ "case closed"
chapter twenty-eight ➝ "falling"
chapter twenty-nine ➝ "kings"
chapter thirty ➝ "she will be loved"

nine ➝ "cool kids"

14.1K 622 749
By fckinghealy

Chapter Nine: Cool Kids by Echosmith.

_______________________________

Two weeks had passed since Luke's legendary party. I put emphasis on the word legendary because apparently when your party gets gate crashed by cops you automatically make the "best party host" list. Surprisingly, I hadn't spoken to Luke since that night.

It wasn't like anything dramatic had happened after everyone went home. I slept in his bed, we kept it PG for Michael's sake, and the next morning I slipped out unseen. I didn't have his number and he didn't have mine, which restricted our communication even more.

If we wanted to be desperate, we probably could have hunted each other down on Facebook but I was busy with school and I assumed he was busy with the drama revolving around Claire.

"Ashton is so sweet." Willow gushed as she looked down at her phone.

I assumed it was another sickly cute text from the drummer. Unlike Luke and I, they had been in constant contact since the night of the party. It wasn't something I had been expecting considering she had placed dibs on Luke earlier in the night.

"Oh my god, I can't believe he texted me goodnight with two x's. Isn't that just the most adorbs thing you've ever heard of?" I asked in a high-pitch voice, obviously mocking my best friend.

"Sod off." She laughed, punching me in the arm as I readjusted my school bag. We were walking to our daily hang place, a cute little coffee shop called 'Beans'.

"How's he going anyway?" I asked quietly. I didn't need to say his name explicitly. Willow understood exactly why I was hesitant to start anything with Luke. Claire was just a major complex issue that I didn't want to deal with.

"Good, I think. Ashton and I don't really talk about you—although when we do we refer to you as Romeo and Juliet. Ashton's really witty like—"

"You're getting off-point." I stated, my expression amused, as I shot my friend a smirk. 

"Oh, right." Willow blushed. "Like I was saying, I think he's going alright. He's been hanging out with Claire a lot, so maybe they're trying to salvage something." She said softly, not wanting to hurt my feelings.

I kicked at the ground absently, and just tried to conceal my disappointment. That wasn't what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear that Luke couldn't stop talking about me, like I obviously couldn't stop thinking about him. I tried not to let it phase me, and instead I smiled up at Willow.

"Boys." I rolled my eyes jokingly, before pushing the door open and leading us into Beans.

It took me a few seconds before my eyes adjusted to the scene. Beans was usually just a quiet hang out that the kids from Blackies go to after school, but right now it was filled with St Loo's students.

"Ew." Willow scrunched her nose up, passing some year 7's. "Why are St. Loo's here? This isn't even their side of town."

"Rich kids." I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. There were a few people from Blackies in the corner and I gave my friend from French class, Gemma, a wave.

"I know. Who do they think they are? Just showing up to a public coffee shop." Someone mocked us from behind.

My stomach clenched because I knew that voice despite having only spent one night with him. I tried to slow down my breathing and make the disturbing blush leave my cheeks before Willow and I turned around. Sure enough there was Luke and his gang of rejects, I say that with love though because his friends amused me.

"Luke." I said in acknowledgement as my best friend made googly eyes with Ashton. I honestly didn't know what to say, especially because Claire was at his side looking a lot smugger than she had the night of the party.

"Indie." He licked his lower lip and I realised he hadn't used my nickname. Perhaps that was because I had accidentally forgotten that term of endearment.

"Oh gosh, I must've forgotten my manners." I covered my heart as he looked on curiously. "I meant to say your full name. Sorry about that, Lucifer." I smirked, deciding that if I didn't flirt or do something then I might as well hand him over to Claire.

A large grin broke across Luke's face and Claire just narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm going to go order." She muttered, gritting her teeth and pushing past Willow and I.

I didn't bother to ask Luke why he was hanging around her. I had sort of encouraged him to be there for her but that didn't necessarily mean I wanted them back together. Were they back together?

As if he could read my mind Luke stepped forward and gave me a sheepish smile. "We're not together. She overheard Calum saying we were coming here and she wouldn't stop inviting herself."

I didn't bother concealing the pleased smile that spread across my lips. Willow and Ashton had now developed some side conversation whilst Calum and Michael had walked over to order their drinks as well.

"So, long time no talk." I said awkwardly as we shuffled over to a booth in the corner. We sat opposite each other. I wasn't craving coffee or anything so I didn't mind talking to Luke over ordering my beverage.

I noticed the frown that etched its way onto his lips. "You're the one who left without a word." He reminded my, his voice soft as he avoided my eyes.

Oh. I realised how badly that must've looked. I had snuck out without an explanation or even a goodbye after such an amazing night. I tapped on the table awkwardly and just tried to catch his gaze but he refused to look at me. I swallowed loudly and reached over and tugged at his wrist. He finally looked up as I offered a sheepish smile.

"I was really nervous." I admitted. "I thought maybe you didn't want me to stay over. I wasn't sure if you were one of those guys who wanted girls gone the next morning or—"

"It wasn't like we had sex." Luke interrupted me. "I mean, I was thinking about what I should make you for breakfast and when I rolled over to kiss you... you weren't there."

Yeah, it was definitely guilt that I was feeling. I ducked my head in embarrassment. I knew we hadn't had sex but Luke didn't strike me as the kind of guy that let girls sleep in his bed. We had made out lazily and that was probably the extent to it but I felt like maybe we were just one of those party things.

"I was going to make pancakes." Luke said, dragging me out of my thoughts. I caught his gaze and he seemed amused now. Maybe he wasn't hurt anymore because he realised it wasn't because I didn't want to be with him.

"I love pancakes." I groaned in admittance.

"I'll make you some next time." He chuckled with ease, reaching over and tugging on my hand until our fingers were laced loosely.

"Next time?" I asked shyly.

"Of course." Luke said without hesitation. "Jesus, Indiana," oh my god, yes he used the nickname, that means I'm off the hook, right? "I don't make out with everyone girl at the party, nor do I let them stay the night. If I was just interested in fucking you I would have and then proceeded to ask you to leave." He said with such confidence I think my mouth opened like a gold fish.

Now, I don't particularly like blowjobs but if Luke Hemmings asked me to get on my knees right now I would do so without hesitation. That's how much his confidence was turning me on.

I cleared my throat and tried to regain some sense of wit. "You're talking as if you have a harem, Lucifer. However, I know all you have is a clingy scorned ex."

"I might've dabbled in the idea of a harem." Luke waved his hand dismissingly before his gaze pinned me to my seat. "But I got bored with the concept when I met this girl with the oddest name."

"I went to pre-school with a girl called Pear." I paused when Luke burst out laughing, probably because I had halted our flirting with this random fact, but it actually had a point. "All I'm saying is there are weirder names than Indiana. Lucifer though... pretty sure that's, like, child abuse or something."

"Am I going to have to show you my birth certificate for further proof that Lucifer isn't my name or something?" Luke asked in amusement, as he glanced down at the menu. "What's good to eat here?"

"Me." I grinned, thinking he'd just laugh along with my stupid attempts of flirting. However, when he glanced up his pupils had gone full-blown and I was shivering in my seat.

"You sit there all innocently, saying such provocative things but then look surprised when you get a reaction out of me." Luke stated as he raised his eyebrow. "Why is that?"

"I—I just..." I didn't know what to say. "I don't expect you to take what I'm saying seriously. I'm not that good a flirting. I'm sort of the funny one, you know? Like, Willow gets all the boys and I get all the... well, friends." I blushed at how completely lame I was making myself sound.

"C'mere." Luke mumbled, standing up. He reached over and grabbed my wrist before dragging me to the back of Beans. There was a hallway for the bathrooms, and then another hallway that split off into two seconds; one lead to the kitchen, whilst another was this pointless storage area where they sometimes kept cups.

"Don't look so surprised." Luke chuckled. "The kids from Blackies didn't always come here." He mumbled, before leading me towards the storage area. It didn't have a door, just sort of a open room.

I was still confused to why he had cut our conversation short to lead me to a storage hallway. Luke didn't say anything, instead he moved with a slow precision until I was backed against the wall. Oh. I had an idea where this was going.

"You took me to the storage area to make out?" I smirked, getting comfortable as he slide his knee between my legs.

"No," he mumbled, kissing down my neck slowly as his fingers attached themselves onto my hip. "I came to show you how utterly sexy you are. Granted, you're hilarious—tell anyone I said that and I'll deny—but fuck, Indiana." Luke groaned against my neck before slowly rocking his hips against me.

Holy shit was he seriously hard? We hadn't even touched. All I said was that I was good to eat and that had been some stupid joke that hadn't really made sense at the time.

"But... I don't understand." I choked out, my arms wrapping around his neck on reflex.

"You make me hard." He growled, biting down on my neck slowly. I gasped in surprise and melted against his hold. His hips were grinding against mine at a lazy pace, which lead me to believe he wasn't trying to get off or anything but to prove a point to me.

"Luke," I whined softly, my head falling back onto the wall.

"I love it when you —fuck, — say my name." He said in a low tone as one of his hands found my face.

My eyes were half closed in pleasure as I tried to even out my breathing. Suddenly everything stopped and I opened my eyes in confusion.

"That's better, baby." Luke mumbled, his lips brushing against mine. "Let me see you." I run my tongue along his lip; seconds later encountering a soft moan that fell against my own.

I think my reaction to all this just spurred Luke on even more. My hands slipped down his chest slowly as I felt the planes of his stomach. I had duly noted his reaction to my wandering hands, and so I merely slipped them down further, my fingers tightening as I grab at he suddenly grabbed my arse and pull my hips roughly against his.

"Ya'll fucking need Jesus."

I gasped slightly and turned my head to the side. Michael was leaning against the doorframe with an amused smirk. Luke hadn't moved his hands away and instead he just pushed me further into the wall. I buried my head in his shirt, feeling embarrassed as Luke seemed far too casual.

"I'm Lucifer. I don't need Jesus." He smirked. "Jesus needs me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 318 27
When a girl falls in love with a boy that she doesn't mean to fall in love with
1.6M 26.9K 200
A collection of all the preferences I've written about the lovely fellas from 5 Seconds Of Summer ツ Enjoy and happy reading x
76 1 2
[AU] "Yeah, sorry I've been madly in love with someone the whole time." ××× A heartbroken boy gets one more chance with his ex girlfriend when she's...
108K 3.5K 15
When a girl who doesn't believe in love and a boy who wants to fall in love, meet.