chapter thirty ➝ "she will be loved"

"This is awkward." Claire smirked and I watched as Luke glared at her.

"Get the fuck out of here." He snapped. I stood there awkwardly as Claire huffed and stomped off.

What the hell was happening? My head was spinning in confusion.

"Please, listen." Luke frowned, taking my head in his large hands. I forced myself to look at him, whilst he cradled my head slowly. "I asked Claire to come over so I could tell her how she needed to stay out of my life. I'm finished with her. My exact words were 'I can never be that guy for you'. You're the most important thing in my life, yeah? I don't want that to change."

I swallowed loudly, feeling stupid for jumping to conclusions. "I'm sorry." I didn't know what else to say. I was a bit embarrassed now.

"I blocked her number and asked her not to contact me again. I'm done with her." Luke confirmed, before pressing his lips to mine lightly. "I'm sorry I made you cry again."

My cheeks burned again with awareness of the hot tears that had been flowing down them. I shook my head and just smiled. "Don't apologise. I should know better than to trust anything Claire says." I laughed it off, before placing my hands over his. I dragged them down from my face and just intertwined them with mine.

"Now, let's just forget about that misunderstanding." Luke mumbled against my lips. "I think we should go wild tonight." He grinned loosely. "Maybe I'll take you to the boardwalk if you're good."

"If I'm good?" I laughed, stretching up on my toes and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You're going to have to prove yourself first." Luke winked, slowly stepping backwards. I smirked against his lips, understanding the direction this was heading.

"Is the parental committee home?" I hummed as we passed the hallway.

"Would I be dragging you through my house by your belt loops if they were?" He bit down on my lower lip, before pulling at it playfully.

"God I hope not." I smirked. "That'd make you one of those weird ass perverts."

Luke snorted as he cupped the back of my neck. He tugged at some of the strands as a small payback before I found myself in his room.

-x-

I rested my head on Luke's bare chest as his fingers ran up and down my spine absently. We were both lying in his bed with the sheet pulled up to our chests.

"I didn't know it was going to be that great. Perhaps I should bring Claire over and make you jealous more often." Luke smirked. I glared at him playfully.

"That's not even funny." I declared but I could feel the silent laughter escaping Luke's mouth.

"It's slightly funny." He argued, before sitting up and running his hands through his hair.

"Do I get to go to the boardwalk now?" I asked innocently, holding up the sheet as I sat up with Luke.