Can't Hide From Yourself- an...

By Lemoinx

After Seraphina gets abducted by a group of mid tiers, Arlo and Elaine find her and carry her to safety. John... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20/21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40

Part 37

4.7K 97 83
By Lemoinx

-Earlier in the Day-

"Hey Blyke and Isen, uh, I have a question for you," Remi asked during lunch time. She munched on a carrot. Remi swallowed it before continuing.

"Uh... what is it, Remi?" Isen asked, arching an eyebrow. He took a sip of milk as Blyke shuddered, recalling bad memories.

Gah... that incident with him spitting milk in my face... never again, Blyke remembered, playing back the incident in his mind.

"So, you know how John is the masked student and all? Beating up numerous students for no reason!?" Remi cried out, her voice almost a yell.

"Sheesh, say that any louder, won't you?" Blyke remarked. "But yeah, what about it? We've known this ever since he came to help us in our fight with Ember."

"Yeah..." Isen trailed off, taking another sip of his milk.

"What he did was wrong! I'm going to confront him about this later. And, I want you to be close by when I do."

"U-uh, and why exactly do you want to do that? I'm sure he has his own reasons..." Isen stuttered.

"Reasons to beat you up? So you're defending him now?"

"Uhm..." Isen gulped, unsure of what to say due to his situation.

"Why are you defending him, after all that he did to you?" Remi questioned in a confused yet angry tone.

"Well, Isen does have sort of have a point, but still, what he's doing is wrong," Blyke shot back at him.

"Yeah, and you two are coming with me," Remi announced as she slammed her hands in the table. Students in the vicinity all glanced at her, startled from the sudden noise.

"Jeez, don't be so loud, Remi... and also, u-uh, I'll pass on that. You two can go yourselves. I'm busy. Bye," Blyke proclaimed in an annoyed tone. He pushed his chair back, preparing to stand up until Remi cried out to him.

"Wait, no!" Remi screeched, tugging on Blyke's blazer. "You are coming with us, whether you like it or not," Remi sternly stated, with an aura of authority engulfing her.

Blyke shuddered as he reluctantly sank down in his seat. "Fine..." he mumbled.

"When did I ever I was coming with you? I'm out of here, peace!" Isen got up from his seat and began to strut away.

"Isen! Get your butt back here! I'm not finished!"

"Ughh.... what?!" Isen groaned.

"You're coming with me, whether you like it or not! We can do it the easy way, or the hard way. By loyalty, or by force? It's your choice~!" Remi threatened gleefully, smiling to herself.

Isen and Blyke shared a knowing look. She wouldn't use force and or attack us. Definitely not. Nevertheless, they both reluctantly sighed. They both knew that Remi wouldn't stop until she got them to agree. "Fine, Remi."

-Back to the Present-

"All he wanted was to bring everyone on equal footing! He just wanted to help everyone and have everyone help each other!" Remi cried out, her voice almost a yell.

"Remi, you're being a hypocrite-" John intercepted once again, yet Remi ignored it and kept rambling.

"Why did you attack Isen? Why did you attack numerous students for no reason, almost beating them half to death? Tell me!" Remi shrieked, catching the few students in the vicinities attention.

"First off, quiet down," John suggested as calmly as he could.

"How could I possibly do that-!?" Remi yelled, though quieter than earlier.

"Remi, quit acting so immature. Second, you've known I'm the masked student for how long? And only now you decided to 'confront,' me," John stated, using air quotes, "about this?"

"I-!" Remi began to speak, but John kept on stating countless facts.

"Listen, Remi, you need to stop jumping to conclusions. Wouldn't you think I have a reason? Y'know, you're fighting people as well. Isn't there a reason for that?" John sternly stated in an angry tone, tilting his head as he mouthed "X-Rei."

Remi stuttered, at a loss of words. "I-I..."

"Listen, you decided to go after Ember, and cried out for help. I came and helped you then. You found out I was the masked student. You already knew. So why the hell are you getting triggered over this now? Why did you come out here and get my attention in the hallway just now? What's the logic in that?"

Remi's eyes widened as she heard these words, grimacing as if she was being lectured.

"Why did you even call me out here? To talk about my actions? Psh, I didn't question your superhero stuff, so you shouldn't question what I do. It doesn't matter," John scoffed as he shook his head. "I'm done here."

John began to walk away from Remi until he suddenly heard a loud screech.

"Wait!" Remi cried out, grabbing John's attention. "But why are you even going after all these students? What did they ever do to you?" Remi asked with a puppy dog eye expression plastered on her face, tears threatening to drip down her face.

"Listen," John began. "I didn't talk to you to explain my every action. If I do something, then go with it. I'm going to break the school down, all because of... reasons I'm not mentioning. I'm not running on your schedule, Remi," John proclaimed with a malicious smile on his face.

Remi was taken aback by his words. We're running on his schedule? And we have to let him do whatever he wants? No way... plus, ever since the whole school knows he's the masked student, things won't be the same. And he won't be able to hide his identity from others...

"Well, what about now, that everyone knows about your ability? How will you be so secretive now?" Remi questioned, inquisitively arching an eyebrow.

"Remi, I'm not obligated to tell you everything. Plus, I've got it all planned out," John announced as he creepily smiled. "Well, I'm done here. Bye."

John walked away from Remi and towards the hallway with his hands deep in his pockets. He sighed, annoyed from the 'interview' he had earlier.

A tear fell down her cheek as Remi's vision blurred, every second feeling as if it were a minute. Rei... you only wanted others to help one another... wait! Ugh, how'd I forget I dragged along Isen and Blyke? I'll just signal for them to come.

Remi turned around, gesturing for Isen and Blyke to come right this moment. They reluctantly got up, dragging their feet to the pair.

"John, wait!!" Remi screamed out to him.

John stopped in his tracks, startled by the sudden scream. Gosh, what the hell? "Remi, quit it already! I'm done here-!" John was interrupted by Isen and Blyke jumping in front of him. As they tried inching away even farther from John than they already were, Remi shoved them closer to him.

"Tell him," Remi demanded, whispering in both their ears.

"U-uhm, what you've been doing is wrong!" Blyke murmured, his voice a whisper.

"Y-you shouldn't really be doing this-," Isen started as his whole body trembled from fear.

"Isen, what the hell? And Blyke? Why are you two here? To lecture me? After everything you've done to me, do you really think I'll listen to what you have to say? Psh, never. Don't suck up to me once you discover my true power and potential. And don't try telling me fighting back is wrong. I'm sure you heard exactly what I said from our earlier conversation," John growled, referring to the argument he just had with Remi.

"Leave. Now," John snarled.

Author's Note
I'm sorry for the late upload/uploading schedule... I'm sorta busy lately. Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please rate and comment!
-Lemoinx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 933 32
(This story takes place in an alternate universe from the world of UnO, where the Royals of Wellston High are now the royals of the kingdom of Wellst...
65.4K 2.5K 52
John has once again found himself King. How long will it be before the events of New Bostin repeat? He has already lost Sera, and the students are tu...
54.4K 1.1K 23
It is senior year in the world of unOrdinary, and everything seems to be going well. New relationships are sprouting, and so is jealousy and rumors t...
24.8K 667 43
What if John didn't pose as a cripple? What could've changed? Come with me through one of the many possibilities. Updates Every Sunday None of these...