Lovesick // John Wick

By alittlebitbias

"Now you see, son. It's not what you did that angers me the most. It's who you did it to... And I can't belie... More

VOLUME ONE (retirement)
― 01. destined
― 02. him
― 03. first date
― 04. vulnerability
― 05. six months time
― 06. truth
― 07. in love
― 08. forever
VOLUME TWO (john wick)
― 09. night terrors
― 10. kidnapped
― 11. war
― 12. the continental
― 13. red circle
― 15. death
― 16. no love lost
― 17. reunited
― 18. memories
― 19. healing
VOLUME THREE (the marker)
― 20. anniversary
― 21. symphony ball
― 22. santino d'antonio
― 23. complications
― 24. italy
― 25. the coronation
― 26. another threat
― 27. even in death
― 28. a look into the past
― 29. running out of time
― 30. uncertainty
― 31. closure

― 14. baba yaga

12.8K 433 44
By alittlebitbias

                           "KATIE STAND right there. Over a bit this way.." John said bashfully, moving Kaitlyn in front of the pier to the left and then to the right. He frowned, taking a step back trying to see if he liked where she was standing. God she looked beautiful against the stunning backdrop of the water. John's favorite past time may or may not be admiring the woman he loves.

   "Joohnnn what are you doing?"  she groaned aloud a blushing mess; feeling flustered by his attention.

   "The sunset looks good here, I want to get a picture of you in front of it." he said with a light blush forming on his cheeks as well.

   "You're too cute stop!" she laughed playfully pushing his phone down. John was the most sentimental person she'd ever met, which was rather surprising given how hard of a person he seems to be. He loved taking pictures of her; and especially having physical ones so he could put them in his wallet or in frames. The praise he always sent her way, how much he seemed to worship her, and treat her like the only woman in the world- it was the best feeling. And it was adorable how soft of a man he is, the cute smiles and she could always tell when he was a bumbling mess of emotions.

   "No no honey, right there." he took a few steps back and then did his best to position his phone, "okay I think I got it.."

   "You're so bad with that I swear." Kaitlyn was grinning ear to ear as she reached out and took the iPhone from him, "aww these actually look good! You're basically a pro now."

   John wrapped his arms around her as they looked over the pier and at the ocean. They were in Southern California near La Jolla, watching the sun set and the waves crash onto the beach. It was a beautiful summer night with hardly a cloud in the sky, and the stars already beginning to glitter amongst the purple and pink hues. There were no views quite like this in New York.

   They were enjoying their time together here. In a way it was just another one of their summer getaways to whatever place they wanted; but to them it was so much more. Anywhere together was magical. Kaitlyn was always happy with him and John the same. Having her and the ability to live this normal life- it's all he could ask for. Moments like these; watching her smile, wind blow her hair, her soft squeaks of enjoyment.. it makes his entire world go round.

   "Look how beautiful it is," she sighed laying her head against his chest taking everything in, "thank you for bringing me."

   "I wanted you to have a good vacation before the new season started." John looked down at her lovingly with a smile, placing a kiss to the top of her head. The Orchestra's season's could be long and brutal, but their month and a half long summer breaks were worth it. He wanted every memory they shared and time together to be special because he had lots of lost time to make up for of doing normal couple things.

   "Any time with you is good John you know it doesn't matter where we are," she craned her neck so she could look up at him. Her arms clung around his strong torso as if he were to blow away in the soft bouts of wind, "I love you,"

   John bent down and scooped her up with ease, and pressed his lips to hers. Her fingers ran through his hair as she smiled into the kiss, butterflies fluttering in her stomach between the passion they shared. She was melting into him feeling all the love in the world radiating off him. Their lips moving in unison, and a fight for dominance ensued as John slid his tongue into her mouth. A swarm of emotion made her pull away in a fit of giggles, staring into his eyes which crinkled as he smiled back.

   "Mmm John, back to the hotel?" she tugged at his Henley with a gleaming look in her eyes.

   "Not too bad of an idea little one," he cooed, lacing their fingers together as he let her go, "let's get going."

   Kaitlyn beamed up at him with admiration as she started to drag him back towards their hotel which was alongside the beach. The night sky enveloped them as they walked hand in hand. Moments like these, getting to share them with the man she loved were precious. If anyone had asked if they'd have a future like this over three years ago; she'd have said no. But here they were. "hey John?"

   "Yes?"

   "I'm so happy, with you ya know. The fact that, we're here and living a normal life. It makes me happy for you too, like everyday-"

   "I'm grateful to be with you too and not having to..." his voice drifted off as he stopped himself before bringing up his past, which seemed like a whole other life now.

   "Was I really worth it?"

   "Worth what?"

   "You leaving that life, for me?"

   "I did and it was worth it." John stopped walking and pulled her back so she'd stop too, "Every thing I've gone through up until I met you.. made this possible even if I don't deserve you in the slightest. I've done horrible things and did even more so I could have a future with you. For the first time, I feel like I truly have a life."

   Kaitlyn's eyes went to the water as she smiled happily to herself. He wasn't one to share his feelings in that way or get candid with her right off the bat. It took time for John to open up, and even after four years he still continued to surprise her, "I'm glad that, that life's with me."

   They continued to make their way to the hotel taking in their surroundings. Silence wasn't awkward between them, they didn't need to always talk. John just stared at her adoringly as she seemed so content which made him so as well, "Katie,"

   "Huh?"

   "The first time I ever saw you on stage I fell in love with you."

   She looked at him with flushed cheeks. Had he told her this before? "How? You didn't even know me."

   "Well I wanted to know you, and here we are."

   "Such a sweetheart." John looked breathtaking today; his hair is a little longer than usual and she liked it. His face is free of all cuts and scrapes, as it had been now for a long time and it made her unbelievably happy. His toned arms look soft, but also like they could crush her with ease. Eyes so warm and dark, she could stare into them forever. His lips are plump and pink, perfect for kissing. Kaitlyn saw the way people looked at John, he's beautiful and she could never blame them for staring. She did all the time.

   He laughed and reached out for her, "like what you see?" he immediately leaned down to capture her in a sweet and tender kiss as the sun finally fell down below the ocean.

                            John sits there in his hotel room as the Continental Doctor fixes him up. He stares out the window watching the sunset and it brutally reminds him of when they went to La Jolla, and all the happiness he felt. The pain he feels from those memories hurts more than getting shot or stabbed. The thoughts of Kaitlyn being hurt, or worse, makes him regret dragging her into this. He can only see her crying and filled with fear, not her beautiful smile from their time in California.

   Seeing her for the first night since she was kidnapped.., it feels surreal. The panic and desperation in her eyes as she called for him- it's all he could think about. She was so close yet so far and he can't do a thing. Maybe if he'd been more careful, or just shot the guy holding her. There are thoughts plowing through his brain at what could have been.

   Soon the doctor finishes working on his stitches and puts a bandage around his torso. There are purple and blue bruises already forming; and many cuts that the doctor doesn't have to attend to. John really got the shit beat out of him.

   "What sort of movement am I looking at?" he asks.

   "Looking to heal than marginal.. if you still have business to take care of, then take two of these beforehand." the doctor shakes an orange pill bottle from out of his bag and places it on the table, "Your stitches will tear and it'll be painful, but you'll have full function." As the doctor starts to pack up his things he asks, "need anything else for the pain?"

   "No I got that covered." John holds up the glass of bourbon before taking a long sip.

   "She'll be okay Mr. Wick." the doctor says.

   "Everyone seems to know."

   "Well you're a big deal, and you're making quite the ruckus."

   "Suppose so." John watches the doctor leave his room without another word. He sets the glass down on the table with a huff. His body is burning from the stitches and rubbing alcohol like it's pulsing through him. He'd forgotten all about how normal this was for the life of an assassin, he really has gone soft. An assassin. It really is what he still is, huh? It's a hard pill for him to swallow right now, but he has enough will, drive, all of it to push him through however long it takes to get to his wife.

   John is settled in on the bed in a tee shirt and boxers. His eyes are growing heavy by each moment; and because he's on Continental grounds he knows he can relax and get some shut eye. A contract on his head for the first time in years makes his insides churn with hate and frustration. The first thing he needs to do besides kill Iosef is get the contract pulled. And sleep will be pivotal for him with his increasing age and the difficulties of his upcoming task- so he needs rest. He needs to rest so he can be on his game for her.

   Just as he's about to succumb to sleep, a bullet flies by his head and into the pillow.

   John jerks up instantly and goes into attack mode, rolling off the bed and onto the floor. He watches as his room door opens and a gun goes off,

   "Hey John."

   The gun keeps firing as John rolls back over the bed and to the other side, "Perkins."

   "Thought I'd let myself in." she calls out.

   "I noticed," Using the sling around his that was around his arm, he whips the fabric into something he can use to easily disarm her; he then shoves her against the wall and into a choke hold. "I never knew Ms. Perkins to get out of bed for less than three."

   "Viggo's giving me four to break hotel rules. And look," she stutters out as John has the fabric around her neck tight, "I'm sorry about your wife but money is money."

   "Yeah."

"Little Russia. There's a church- it's a front.
It's where Viggo keeps his private stash."

•••

                         John wakes up to find himself tied to a chair in an abandoned warehouse. Two men are situated on either side of him with guns, they barely move as he grunts and tries to free himself. Flashes from the church fight quickly come back to him making him frantic and ready to be attacked again. His body screams in pain but he still pulls against the plastic ties on his wrist.

   A familiar face soon appears followed by his right hand man. Avi grabs him a chair and sits it in front of John, so Viggo can sit. John only feels anger coursing through him and the crime boss's echoing footsteps make him go crazy.

   "I'll say this John." he clicks his tongue in annoyance as he stares him down, now sitting and level with him, "I can say you're still very much the John Wick of old."

   "Am I?"

   "People won't change. You know that, times they do." Viggo is clearly holding in his emotions; clenched fists and deep breaths. He starts to speak with his words like venom, "Do you know what was in that vault? Art worth millions but.. the leverage I had on this city! blackmail, videos, all priceless! PRICELESS!" he roars.

   "Yeah. I kinda enjoyed that." John replies, trying to push his buttons even more.

   "Yeah I know you did." Viggo mockingly laughs before he's back standing, and punching John hard. Blood trickles down John's forehead as he gasps painfully "so, you got married and settled down. How'd you manage that?

   "Luck I guess." he groans.

   "Yeah, yeah, well you have your wife and I had my son. And believe me you had a far better deal than I. And there you left, the way you got out and lying to yourself that past had no sway of the future. Which is why God put you on this path, me taking your wife, that lead to this." now Viggo's up in his face, "This life follows you; affecting everyone who comes closes to you. We are cursed you and I."

   "I guess we agree."

   Viggo only scoffs incredulously, "finding the common ground," John continues to speak:

   "Step aside, give me your son."

   "John Wick... Baba Yaga." he starts to yell out as if the heavens can hear him, "Just a car! Just a girl!"

   "Just a girl." John spits, "my wife is my everything. She is my life, the sliver of hope I've had, and your son took that from me. Stole that from me!—"

   "—People asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer, but now yeah, I'm thinking I'm back!!! So you can either give me your son or you can die screaming along side him!"

note- hi hi hi please check out the first chapter of my Santino D'Antonio story!!! (called 'Infatuation') he needs some more content:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 6K 25
This is the second book in the Hitman series, it can be read as a standalone but you'll understand characters a bit better if you read 'Falling for a...
50.3K 1.1K 34
Stacey had moved away from home, hoping to start over. New friends. New work. New life. Then came her neighbor, Mr. Wick. A tidy man, kept to himsel...
1M 26.5K 40
Aitana Daniels was at the age of twenty-six. She gave birth to her baby girl Freyah Raven Daniels six years ago at age twenty. Many people call Aitan...
24.4K 1K 40
This world is torn between beings. Vampires and humans. The nights belongs to the supernatural whilst the days belong to the mortals. After losing bo...