SUMMER BUCKETLIST | nayeon x...

By filterbts

An unexpected friendship forms between two teenagers as they make a list of 21 things they want to do before... More

introduction
what hurts the most
eastside
around you
i gotta feeling
listen
chica
2 soon

i'm still standing

2K 45 17
By filterbts

ignore all mistakes

chapter one: "i'm still standing"

32❤️, 12💬
prettygirleon no summer plans, who wants to hang out? ☀️
...loadcomments...

cheerup_jihyo miss you, nay! see you soon😘

jyeon nayeon said she's babie

somerandomdude wow you cute

________

the air that rushes past you whips your hair back, showing off your face. the face that adorns a huge, wide smile as you race through the streets. the sun beats down on you, casting a nice halo-like glow to cascade over your figure. the sound of wind and air fills your ears along with your laughter and the happiness you feel. it is the perfect start to your summer.

blue sky with cotton clouds, green grass with pretty pets, and yellow sun with friendly families, the whole neighborhood was out to celebrate what was the beginning of a beautiful summer.

and here you were, enjoying it by racing down the streets, greeting everyone who you passed.

"nice day at school?" one of the shop vendors ask as you pass them. he grins, hand up in a wave.

you smile back, turning around and moving backwards. "how can it not be a nice day when it's the last day of school?" you say, hands raised up in a complete happiness. the vendor simply shrugs, your energy rubbing off on him in a good way.

today was your last day of high school—ever. you graduated today and finished the last four years of your life with exceptional grades and a smile on your face.

your parents and family had attended, but you told them it was fine if they went ahead in the car, knowing it would be too much of a trouble to get in yourself. plus, you'd much rather be outside in the fresh air and greet the people of your town.

"woah, slow down," a woman walking her three yorkies says, grabbing onto your handles and turning you back in the right direction.

you smile sheepishly at her, rubbing the back of your neck. "sorry, miss. thank you."

she brushes off the apology, smiling back. "it's all good. have a nice day and congrats on graduating," she says, acknowledging the black cap and gown you have on.

you take your cap and tilt it down to her, making the woman laugh as you continue your stroll down to your house.

you have always enjoyed going on walks, the feeling of moving your legs up and down a hill was always very relaxing to you. you loved them even more now, even if the leg movements were much much more minimum.

the view of all the modern houses and the lake with small fish and tadpoles always calmed you down. it was the sound of the water moving and hitting the rocks on the shore. that was your favorite song. or how the small children dance and sung along to the sound of the ice cream truck while their parents kept shouting for them to come inside, supper was waiting.

the neighborhood in general was so calm and relaxing. everyone was friendly and everyone was kind to everyone. no one really wanted to leave, no one wanted to say goodbye.

but it's what happens.

you know that. you graduated today, meaning you'll be going to college soon. you chose one out of state, away from the town you grew up in because there is no school nearby that teaches what you want to learn. you don't even know if you will be able to come back after you finish college. but what scares you the most is, you don't even know if you will be able to leave—to get up.

it's something you don't want to think about yet, so you erase the thought from off your mind and enter your home via newly installed ramp, something you often rolled back down on, just for fun.

"there's my other half," your sister jihyo greets, gaining the attention of the other family members including: your mom, dad, cousin mina and sana, mina's wife, and sister's best friend jeongyeon.

you smile up at jihyo as she ruffles your hair. your mom comes up to the both of you, a smile on her face as her eyes twinkle with unshed tears.

"my babies graduated high school," she says, hugging jihyo close to her while she keeps her hand firmly on your shoulder, squeezing it.

dad soon comes after too, joining in on the 'hug.' even if you couldn't really join in, it was still touching to see your parents to involved and happy in you and jihyo's graduation.

"you get here alright?" dad asks, squatting down to talk to you. you refrain from cringing at how he talks like you need the extra care.

sure you can't use your lower body, but you don't want to be treated any less that what you are.

"yeah, it was fun. good ride," you shrug nonchalantly.

your cousin sana, who was originally eating chips from the guest bowl, comes up behind you, chuckling. "i cannot believe you use your chair as a toy for wheelies."

you snort. "i'm not going to let this ruin my summer, sana. this chair has nothing on me."

mom smiles down at you. when the whole accident happened, she was so worried your spirit would be broken and you wouldn't be the same. not only your body but your mind as well. fortunately, the wheelchair you ended up temporarily confined in has made you enjoy life much more. and you learned to not take so many things for granted.

the accident taught you that at any moment, your whole life can be ripped away from you and everything can change. it taught you to live your life as if it's your last, 'cause you never know it may be.

"i taught my cousin-in-law well," momo states, wrapping her arm around mina who simply rolls her eyes. "fun can be found—"

"anywhere," you complete for her, rolling your chair to jeongyeon who lays on the couch with a bag of chips, like it's her own home—which it kind of is since she practically lives her. "what's up with you?" you ask her.

jeongyeon shrugs, taking another chip. "i'm just ready to start working again."

jeongyeon is a life-guard in the town next over. it was the same town in which momo and mina would be getting married.

"i've never heard anyone say they were excited to work," jihyo says, laughing at jeongyeon who mocks jihyo. "lifeguard must be a fun job, i presume?"

she nods, sitting up a bit now that the conversation interests her. "especially with nayeon working this summer. you should apply to, jihyo. it'll be fun."

"yeah, get out of the house," you agree, teasing your sister before pushing yourself into the room with all the graduation-celebratory snacks.

what you don't hear is jihyo and jeongyeon still talking.

"i'd love to, jeongyeon, but i can't leave (y/n) behind," jihyo says, looking down at her hands on her bare lap, dressed in nothing but shorts and a t-shirt. "i owe it to y/n, make it the best summer yet."

jeongyeon sighs. "you know what happened wasn't you fault, right?"

"it was, if i had just—" jeongyeon doesn't let jihyo complete her sentence by grabbing her hand in her own, holding it close to her chest.

"(y/n) doesn't hate you for what you did or didn't do, y/n doesn't even blame you. they're happy right now, even with the chair," she tries to make jihyo smile again.

jihyo only shakes her head. "y/n may act all happy, but i know my twin. (pronoun) is scared, y/n doesn't know if (pronoun) will walk again. what if it's not temporary? what if their back never heals?"

to this, jeongyeon doesn't know what to respond. she only sighs and shakes her head. the same questions having been going through her mind.

back in the kitchen, mina walks up to you who is busy stuffing his face with chocolate fudge cake.

"hey," mina says, sitting atop of the marble counter.

you slowly turn to face her, chocolate on your face and a slice of cake half way in your mouth. taking a quick bit of the rest of your cake, you gulp it down and smile sheepishly at your older cousin.

she only laughs at you.

"please don't tell, mom, she will start scolding me and—" you try to say.

"don't worry, my lips are sealed," mina does the zipping her lips action, throwing the key somewhere off into the distance. "ready for the summer?"

you nod enthusiastically. "of course. i mean with your wedding coming up, there's so much room for fun activities and what not."

you can see the slight blush on mina's cheeks from the mention of a wedding. "ah, my wedding. can i count on you to not pull any crazy shenanigans?"

"count on me? sure," you assure her. "count on momo? i doubt she'll let this perfect opportunity past."

mina can't help but laugh. when she recollects herself, a smile is rested on her graceful face. "i have a sort of graduation surprise for you, jihyo, and jeongyeon."

your eyes light up. "what is it?"

mina digs into her jean pocket, handing a folded piece of paper with an address. "it's a beach house me and sana own in the town where the wedding is at. you three can go and have fun. enjoy the break before the wedding. your parents won't be there either, so it's really like a break."

you can't believe she's letting you and your sister plus jeongyeon stay at the beach house—the same one you've heard of many times as a child. and all by yourselves. "no way, are they okay with this?"

"of course they are, they want to make it up to you," mina says. that's when the smile drops.

right, they must also feel guilty about what happened and want to make it up to you. he doesn't know how many times he's stressed how he's fine and the wheel chair is not a problem like they'd expect.

mina, sensing your annoyance, quickly speaks. "but don't worry. i'm giving you this for you. not because i feel pity for you—even though i do—it's for you to enjoy yourself with your sister and friends. jihyo even invited two friends of hers and it's, jeongyeon, nayeon, and leo i think. so your summer will be absolutely complete," mina finishes, ultimately convincing you this would be a good idea.

"when do we leave?" you ask.

"whenever you like."

this will be the best summer yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 57 7
Nayeon, Sana, and Mina made a bet. They gave 20 days for their playful friend Jeongyeon to make Hirai Momo the nerd fall for her. BUT will that playf...
3K 99 5
Sana is madly in love with Momo. Momo just got a boyfriend. What could possible go wrong?
11.1K 525 29
When Mina an 18-year-old straight girl becomes a love interest for her celebrity crush she feels the need to put boundaries.
205K 4.7K 64
you have a crush on the cute girl at school, but she's never noticed you. until the day she does ... WARNING: includes twice ships so if you aren't...