Ishihara // ATEEZ ✔

Par dreamperfection

This is a world where your worth is as much as the colour of your blood. Akira is the queen's most trusted so... Plus

Trailer + Playlist
Art by @maimaihope ^^
1 Ruins
2 Queen
3 Post-History
4 Dawn
5 Woods
6 Suspicions
7 Flowers
8 Tour
9 List
10 Tea
11 Scare
12 Worry
13 Reveal
14 Alone
15 Lost
16 Resolute
17 Warning
18 Wish
19 Search
20 Ambush
21 Return
22 Trap-ped
23 Plan
24 Riddle
25 Rescue
26 Escape
27 Regain
28 Truth
29 Happiness
30 Emergency
31 Town
32 Purple
33 Ball
34 Love
36 Past
37 Swapped
38 |1| Fallen
39 |1| Broken
40 |1| Invitation
41 |1| Desire
42 |1| Regrets
43 |1| Light
44 |1| Acceptance
45 |1| Track
46 |1| Unravel
47 |1| Heavy
48 |1| Home
49 |1| (De/Re)jection
50 |1| Destiny
---
38 |2| Decision
39 |2| Nightmares
40 |2| Tradition
41 |2| Belonging
42 |2| Letters
43 |2| Monochrome
44 |2| Wilted
45 |2| Delivery
46 |2| Skirmish
47 |2| Lies
48 |2| Attempt
49 |2| Bloom
50 |2| Freedom
Author's Note
extra #1: embarrassing day
extra #2: blacksmith's arrival
extra #3: crimson's pride
Sequel...

35 Reality

6.2K 501 302
Par dreamperfection

"What did you say to her or what did you do until she became a crazy mess?" Yeosang crosses his arms while leaning against the stage in the ballroom.

The ball ended at midnight, with the guests leaving the hall with smiles, except for one particular group - Yeosang's family. His sister was the worst, thrashing about saying how men cannot be trusted and that Seonghwa had destroyed the pure love she had for him, while her embarrassed parents had to drag her out while keeping a rather uniformed apathetic face. His mother only glared at Yeosang, as if saying that he was the one who was responsible for it. They did manage to drag her out of the hall, and as they were about to leave, she caught sight of Seonghwa and Akira making their way into the hall, way too late to the party. She almost lunged forward; both of them unsure on whom she was going for, but she was held back by Yeosang's fiancee, the woman whom his parents set him up with. She grabbed Yeosang's sister's hair a bit too rough, saying that she was being distasteful. They left with the rest of the palace's occupants shaking their heads at the strange view, and with Yeosang only managing to sigh heavily a few times.

"Did you guys really spend the whole time together?" Mingi eyes the pair suspiciously.

Yunho, Mingi, San, Yeosang and Hongjoong are all leaning against the stage while eyeing Seonghwa and Akira, who look like they're being interrogated. Seonghwa's eyes divert away from them occasionally and Akira keeps on licking her lips subconsciously.

"More importantly, I'm curious on how you spent time together?" Wooyoung smirks as he joins them, his hair disheveled and a hint of red lipstick smeared near his lips. "I never see my brother going around with girls."

"You don't see Akira spending time with a guy this much," Yunho adds fuel to the fire.

"You do know that you have lipstick smudged on your lips, don't you?" San informs Seonghwa while playfully smacking his lips. When the latter quickly brings a hand to wipe it off, he snorts. "I'm joking."

"What did you guys do?" Jongho crouches on the stage as he narrows his eyes towards the pair.

Hongjoong chortles at the sight. He sighs while saying dreamily, "It must be nice to fall in love."

"Fall in love?" both Seonghwa and Akira say in unison, after which they shy away as the rest look at them with interest.

Wooyoung claps his hand and proceeds to pretend to wipe a tear off. "I'm so proud of my brother to finally be able to talk to a girl. Give me a hug." He forcefully pulls the older into a hug, and he slaps his back with so much vigour that Seonghwa almost has his breath knocked out of him. "You better treat Akira nicely or you know I'll be there if she ever cries because of you." He winks.

"Stop it," Seonghwa shoves him away.

"How do I even deal with my sister... she was really heartbroken," Yeosang says with a melancholic voice.

"You can push someone else to her, maybe Wooyoung? She can go after the younger brother if she cannot get the older one," San suggests, to which Jongho nods enthusiastically.

"Excuse me? I have my other girls to deal with. I don't have time for another one," Wooyoung carefully avoids the topic as he pretends to be busy helping with folding the tables and putting away the chairs.

"Well, that was definitely a night. I'm glad I joined this one," Hongjoong says sincerely as he turns to the rest of the group. "If you guys don't mind-"

"Yes you may excuse yourself, Hongjoong," San smiles at him, showing his dimples and eye smile.

As Hongjoong leaves the hall, all of them help to clear up the hall, making it empty once again. Exhausted, they excuse themselves to their rooms, with Jongho and San being the first ones to disappear. Seonghwa gives a slight peck to her cheek while no one is watching, before he sets off to retire for the day. San, Mingi and Wooyoung dash to the kitchen as they had wanted to get more food, saying they're still hungry after the whole ball.

Yunho turns to Akira before quietly uttering, "Can we... talk for a bit?"

She looks at him and sees his serious look before nodding. They choose to sit outside, taking in the night air while sitting down on the stairs in front of the main doors. Yunho takes off his jacket and lays it on her lap to cover her legs. They look up, noticing that there aren't any stars tonight. Yunho taps his fingers on the stone surface as he mutters, "Is it true? Did you really fall for him?"

"I was doubtful, but now... I can't lie about it."

He nods, pressing his lips into a thin line. "I just... I don't want you to get hurt."

"Because of what? Because he's from Nyla?"

"No." He balls his fist. "Because our battle isn't over yet."

The reality of their situation shrouds over her, and of course, the happiness she had felt couldn't last long. The people of Nyla had accepted them like they're family, but they still have unfinished business with Lucida. Unfinished business with Emira. And that means they cannot rest until there is some kind of closure. And right now, the only closure they can see is through death. Whose death is unclear, but in order for this war to be over, someone has got to lose their life. It's Yunho and Akira versus Emira, and they know there is no other solution.

"Why can't we solve this... peacefully?"

"During all the time we were under her ruling, have we ever approached anything peacefully? There's a reason why we're such important assets to Lucida; it's because the solution for our kingdom is always through death, killing, violence. It is as if Emira finds peace in those methods."

He's right and she cannot do anything to deny it. She hears the flapping of wings and owls hooting.

"For once, is it selfish that I want to live like a normal person?"

Yunho chuckles before looking into the distance. He leans forward, elbows on his knees. "You must have really fallen for him so hard. This is the first time I've heard you say something like this, something so gushy, something so... unlike you."

"Ever since I came here the rest seemed to teach me that there is more to this world than just blood, fights and violence. Look at their kingdom, Yunho. Even their servants wear better clothes than the commoners in our kingdom. Their citizens live dedicating their lives to the king even without knowing who he is, yet the citizens of Lucida fear Emira because of her position."

"So what you're trying to say is that you would want to spend the rest of your life here, is that it?"

"What I'm trying to say is that I'd want to live like them, no matter where I am. I wish that Lucida can turn into something like them. I want Emira to realize that the colour of blood really is nothing. I want us to actually be proud of being the residents of Lucida."

"And how do we change the ways of a kingdom?" he asks rhetorically.

"By going for the monarchy," she answers anyway.

"In the end, we still choose to end this by spilling blood."

"If that is what she believes in, then we make her see it. Even if it means us two going against the whole troop of Lucida soldiers."

"And that also means we have a chance of not making it out alive. We're dead meat since you were the one who trained our men to become so strong," he says jokingly.

"Let's hope we're strong enough to go against our own men," she sighs deeply. "At least we try to fight for a better future for our kingdom."

"Even if that means sacrificing our friendship with Emira?"

She pauses. "Was it even there in the first place?"

He doesn't answer.

"For now, the tension between us and Lucida is just waiting to pop off."

He side eyes her. He mutters, "That's why I'm worried for you and Seonghwa. For both of you to find happiness during this time... I'm scared of it being cut short because of our uncertain future."

She closes her eyes and rubs them. As she opens them, she mutters, "I'm scared too; I'm scared that he will get hurt again. But how do I stop them? He is the first person-"

"-to make you feel this way. I know you've never fall for any guys but he's too good to pass up, right?" he nudges her jokingly. "Gosh it's so weird hearing my general talking about love when before all she knows is to shout at her subordinates and kick them if they ever go against her. Seonghwa is the first person to be able to tame you and reduce you to a shy mush."

"I think you're going a little overboard there, lieutenant."

"Right, I'm sorry, general." He does a mock-salute as both of them laugh. As their laugh subside, he asks, "What... do you like about him? I'm just curious on how he managed to make my general become like this. I never thought I'd live to see the day that my general fall for someone."

She plays with the embellishment on her dress, hooking her fingers under the lace as she looks down, smiling. "I don't know." Even as she says that, she finds herself spilling so much. "He was definitely a pompous one when I first met him, but I learnt today that he had all his reasons for being so. The words that spill out of his mouth make me want to slap the life out of him sometimes, but then he makes it up with his actions. His eyes change colours according to his emotions, but I'm too oblivious to that. He becomes a devil in the battlefield, but in the palace he is a weird guy who likes to talk to plants and animals rather than spending time with humans. He... is the opposite of who I thought I would fall for but I find myself wanting to become closer to him."

As she finishes, Yunho eyes shoot up, as if trying to stop the tears in his eyes from falling. "Gosh, that was so beautiful I think I'm getting tears."

"Oh, shut up," she starts regaining her usual composure when she realizes that she's being too out of character. Oh, the effect Seonghwa had on her. The kisses they shared still burn in the back of her mind; she can still feel his lips and her heartbeat still hasn't reduced to normal. She tries hard to change the subject. "About the list that you gave me."

"List?"

She looks around, although she knows that there are only the two of them. "None of the men on the list is the king. Trying to find who the king is... I realized what I've been doing is impertinent. I should've respected their decision for keeping that as a secret and since they've been nothing but nice to us, I shouldn't disturb that tradition. I was too blinded by my hate towards Emira because I thought that finding who the Shadow King is on my own would serve as a revenge to her. But now I know that it's useless; Emira will not be affected by something like this."

Yunho stands up as he feels his legs getting numb from sitting too long. He paces back and forth in front of Akira, his hands clasped behind him. "I wanted to believe that Emira had no intention of sending you here just to kill you off; that she really wanted to uncover this kingdom's secret. You were right, I was scared of you going here was because I didn't want you to find out the truth about your birth. But Emira couldn't care less about that, and she sent you here alone, knowing that you wouldn't be alive even before you managed to step foot into the kingdom. Her plan failed because they helped you, and I couldn't be more grateful for that. It was hard for me to let you go here, but you seemed... happier when you're here. More... human." He grins, but his face turns serious again, "You were wrong, though. Remember the night you asked me if I were to choose to save between Emira and you, who would I choose? My answer never changed; it has always been you."

"Will that answer change when the three of us stand face to face later on?"

His face turns grave, but he chooses to stay silent.

"Yunho, humans can change their decisions in a heartbeat. I swore all my life to Lucida, to protect the queen with my own body, but right now I would do anything to knock her from the top."

"You have all the rights to feel that way."

"You don't... understand. I was never a decent human; I have hurt too much innocent people. I could use the excuse of being loyal to the queen, but I was the one who chose to lift up my sword, I was the one who pierced through their flesh without any emotions. I didn't think about their family back home, about what they would feel when they receive the news of their family member getting killed because he wanted to steal some food to be able to feed his family. When I came here, I wanted to be unemotional, only focusing on being the most loyal subject to the queen. They taught me to be more human, to see past those blood colours and ranks. I wanted to change myself, but it's too late. When I realized about the things I've done, about the people I've killed... I have done too much damage in the past."

"What... are you trying to say?"

"I don't deserve anyone's sympathy. I don't deserve to be treated like a human. I don't... I don't deserve to fall in love with anyone."

Their conversation has become heated, and Akira stands up hastily, dropping his jacket to the ground. He balls his fist and grits his teeth, and during that moment, she knows that she has never seen her friend that mad.

"Then why? Why did you go and fall for him? When you know you're going to just end up hurting him?"

"Because I'm selfish!" she shouts back, her chest puffing with so much force every time she inhales. "Because for once, having someone who actually liked me for who I am; the thought itself is enough to make me happy. But I..." she lets a tear roll down. "I know that I'm not worthy of it, but can't I-" she chokes up on her words, "-be allowed to feel that way at least once?"

"Akira!" He grabs her shoulders, shaking her body once as she snaps her attention to him. His eyes turn kind, but his expression still shows how angry he is. "Please tell me that you're not doing what I think you are. Please..." He tightens his grip on her shoulders, but she grabs his arms, pushing him away.

She goes up the stairs, feeling the chill of the night creeping up her bare legs. She turns one last time to him, who is bending down to pick up his jacket. "I told you, let me feel that at least once... because there won't be a next time."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.2M 71.2K 145
[Check my profile for the new version of this story!!] [This is so... I wrote this when I was 16 😭] [KnY Various x Isekai!Reader] If you're honest w...
41.3K 1.3K 30
Just another dark erotic fanfic about ateez. Started: 6 - 30 - 20 Ended: ????? WARNING: She Pronouns (idk who would all wanna read this, may change...
493K 24.4K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
107K 8.9K 45
A case of mistaken identity, or a case of double identity? They are a rookie security team who were given a shot at becoming bodyguards for the daugh...