Pyramids {BTS x reader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

She didn't need a crown, because she wasn't a queen.... She was a goddess. • • • • • • Book #2 in "The Blue... More

Chapter 1: Stories
Chapter 2: Scrolls
Chapter 3:Deals
Chapter 4: Enemies
Chapter 5: Soldiers
Chapter 6: Scholars
Chapter 7: Rooftops
Chapter 8: Terrors
Chapter 9: Captive
Chapter 10: Family
Chapter 11: Disease
Chapter 12: Sincerely
Chapter 13: Bodies
Chapter 14: Thrones
Chapter 15: Moments
Chapter 16: Poisons
Chapter 17: Secrets
Chapter 18: Memories
Chapter 19: Warm
Chapter 20: Snake Eyes
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Masters
Chapter 23: Blindfolds
Chapter 24: Terrors II
Chapter 25: Guides
Chapter 26: Salvation
Chapter 27: Jewelry
Chapter 28: Pockets
Chapter 29: Safe
Chapter 30: Panic
Chapter 31: Close
Chapter 32: Miracles
Chapter 33: Change
Chapter 34: Promises
Chapter 35: Endings
Conclusion
Dynasty
Character Q&A

Chapter 36: Beginnings

24.5K 1.7K 1.4K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"Endings make the best beginnings."

-Anonymous

Your hands trembled anxiously, your knee bouncing up and down to no particular beat as your blue gaze stayed locked on the chestnut-haired man in front of you, stomach churning uncomfortably as you struggled to calm yourself down. The rays of the early morning sun had already begun to sweep throughout the palace, pushing away the darkness of night that once surrounded you.

You didn't know what to do at a time like this.

After the events that occurred last night, you couldn't stop yourself from being anxious and uneasy. You had spent the entire night sitting outside of Taehyung's bedroom, waiting for any kind of information about his well-being.

Your mind instantly flashed back to that horrifying moment when the young prince ran himself through with the sword.

A loud, inhumane roar was all that you could hear as blood stained his royal garments, his body falling down at your feet...

You remembered how fast all of you jumped into action, checking on Taehyung and trying desperately to find a way to save his life before he lost too much blood.

Thankfully, Namjoon and Jimin had not lost their wits among the chaos and they managed to get him back into the palace, waking up every available physician they could find on their way. They didn't allow you to go in...Jimin said that there was still a possibility that Anubis was trying to trick everyone...and so you stayed outside the entire night. Alone.

After a few hours, one of the physicians had come to check up on you and make sure that you weren't physically harmed, but you simply brushed him off...telling him that you were fine.

Which wasn't technically a lie.

You were fine physically....but emotionally...you were struggling.

It changes you....watching someone you love try to take their own life...it makes your mind somehow go over every single memory you had with them in a single moment. You remember the first words they spoke and the last....You remember the first time you laughed together, the first time you cried together and the first time you fought...It was amazing to you how such a brief amount of time could send such a giant wave of emotion through you.

You wished that you could be angry with him. You wanted nothing more than to blame him for trying to end his own life...but you knew why he did it.

He did it for you.

He did it to finally kill Anubis.

He knew that once his body was weak, Anubis would no longer be able to inhabit him and he would not have enough strength to take over someone else's body.

Taehyung sacrificed himself....for his kingdom.

In that moment the arrogant king that you had known... had disappeared, and a new, better man was born.

He overcame his own expectations.

He overcame his doubt.

He overcame his pride.

And he had defeated the evil god, Anubis.

All the waiting you had done was beginning to take it's toll on your mind...countless questions and worries were all that passed over your train of though throughout the entire night...You thought you wanted to know how he was...

But as you locked eyes with Jimin....you couldn't bring yourself to ask any questions.

You were scared of the answer he would give you...You were scared that he was going to tell you that there was nothing anyone could do and that Taehyung had passed in the night...You were scared that you would have to go into his room and look upon his dead body.

You were scared that this story did not have a happy ending.

Jimin's hand slowly found yours, giving it a delicate squeeze.

"He's awake." He stated softly "And he's asking to see you."

You let out a loud sigh of relief, your body instantly relaxing at his words. You silently thanked whatever deity was on your side that day.

"Thanks, Jimin."

Your voice came out in a slightly happy tone as you gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"Y/n."

The firmness of his tone caused your eyebrows to furrow slightly at the priest, watching as he ran his free hand through his hair.

"Tell me that you only kissed him to stop Anubis."

Your blue eyes widened as you swallowed hard, a deep blush rising up your neck and onto your cheeks.

"It doesn't have to be true." He continued with a hoarse voice, eyes becoming slightly clouded over. "I just need you to tell me that's why you kissed him....I need you to say that there was no other reason... I just need to hear you say it."

Your lips turned upward in a sad smile at his defeated tone, your lips planting a soft kiss onto his cheeks.

You knew that Jimin was vulnerable after everything that he had endured the night before... You knew about his feelings for you, he had made them explicitly clear to you...and now he know that you didn't feel the same way...

So you decided to give him this small victory...deciding that you couldn't bare to deny him this small request.

"I kiss him to stop Anubis."

Jimin's shoulders seemed to relax at your words, his head nodding in understanding....he was not stupid. He could tell by the way you looked at his brother that you were in love with him, and no matter how hard he tried,...Jimin was not his brother. He knew that you were only saying the words for his sake and he appreciated it more than you would ever know.

He wasn't ready to hear you say that you loved Taehyung.

Not yet.

With one last nod from the prince, your hand was released and he motioned to the bedroom door.

Your body moved quickly, hands grabbing the door handle, before you were stopped by Jimin's voice again.

"You should know that I have withdrawn myself from consideration of the throne." He stated with a sad smile. "Taehyung has grown into a great man...and I think he will bring Egypt to victory....Besides, I'm better suited for priestly work."

Your eyes watered at his work, body crashing into his in a long-lasting embrace. You were extremely grateful to the man that you hugged. He had become one of your closest friends in this realm...He had helped give you self-worth and he had never stopped believing in you...not even for a second.

"Thank you." You breathed, teary-eyed.

Jimin swallowed hard, trying to keep his smile on his face as he gently pushed your body away from his, his head motioning back to the door of Taehyung's room.

"Go."

You nodded your head, giving him one last look before running back to the door and opening it up, eyes moving to the bed quickly.

Taehyung in the middle of the bed, blankets and sheets covering his lower body. His torso was wrapped in white linen which had a few spots of blood on it, which was probably from his self-inflicted wound.

His head turned to face you, eyes lighting up at your appearance.

"Y/n."

His weak voice filled your ears, causing a large smile to take over your lips as you approached him slowly.

His gaze never left your body and once you were within his reach, his hand shot out and grabbed your own.

You were surprised at how....normal he looked.

You thought that he would be covered in sweat and as pale the moon, but he looked just as childish as before as he smiled up at you.

"Hi." He flirted as he intertwined his fingers with yours.

You smiled widely, sitting beside him on the bed.

"Hi." You responded.

Taehyung's eyes sparkled as he stared up at you, all happiness slowly fading out of them as he moved his gaze to your entwined hands.

"This is goodbye, isn't it?"

Confusion filled you at his words, your brows furrowing as if to question him.

"You're not dying, Taehyung." You stated bluntly. "You're staying here."

A sad chuckle escaped him as he moved his eyes back to you.

"I'm not the one leaving, babygirl."

Your heart dropped at that.

You had almost forgotten why you even came here in the first place... To finish the story...and now that the story was finished...you had to say goodbye.

"Taehyung-" You started, only to be interrupted as he raised his hand in the air, a smile still present on his features.

"Do not apologize, Y/n," He said. "I understand that you have other destinies to fulfill. This was not your first destination and it certainly is not your last."

Your eyebrows jumped up.

He couldn't possibly know anything.....could he?

He let out a laugh at your perplexed expression.

"You seem to forget that I shared a mind with a god, darling...I know what your true purpose is...and I will not try to stop you.."

You offered him a small grin, which didn't reach your eyes.

In some way...him knowing why you had to leave was comforting...knowing that he understood and that he could say a proper goodbye...it helped substantially..It made you feel less alone.

"Thank you, Taehyung."

His smile never faltered as his gaze slowly moved to his balcony, eyes landing on the figure of a man.

You followed his eyes, heart dropping as you took in the man's familiar face.

Writer.

"Y/n," His voice rang out as he outstretched his hand. "It's time."

You squeezed your eyes shut briefly, before moving them back to Taehyung, squeezing his hand.

He brought your knuckles to his lips, placing a soft kiss on them, before his hand slowly released yours, motioning in the direction of Writer.

"Promise me that you'll visit." He joked, causing you to stiffen as you tried not to show just how heartbroken you were feeling.

You only nodded, before placing a chaste kiss to his forehead.

"Promise me that you'll get better." You said as you nuzzled your nose with his.

He chuckled.

"Of course I will." He stated. "I have a country to run after all."

You exhaled a small laugh, your feet moving backwards to the man that awaited you on the balcony.

"I love you, babygirl."

Your smile widened further at his words, tears welling up in your eyes as you got further and further away from him.

"I know, Taehyung." You breathed as Writer's hand encompassed your own. "I know."

It was with those last words that the man you loved disappeared from in front of you.

Those last words ended your stay in Egypt.

Those last words ended the chapter.

Those last words finished the story.

Now, it was onto the next one.

A/N,

IT. IS. FINISHED.

PYRAMIDS IS FINALLY COMPLETED AND EYE-

JUST GIVE ME A SEC. *blows nose unattractively*

I cannot begin to thank you all enough for the love and support that I have received from each and everyone of you. Let's keep this up throughout Dynasty.

This was an emotional end, and I feel like I have grown while writing this book and I sincerely hope all of you have too.

I love you.

I adore you.

I purple you.

And for the last time in "Pyramids"

I'm out.

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 32.9K 32
You watch her walk away and it hits you that she is an entire ocean And you were wrong, so very wrong Because you let her go Thinking she was just a...
326K 2.5K 51
Pregnancy series about BTS. I already have a Pregnancy series about Why Don't We before this Book started: 12/08/19
688K 53.6K 40
You can say she's crazy, but her eyes see the spirits of the past.... She talks to them.... And they talk back. * * * * Book #3 in "The Blue Eyes" s...
458K 14.8K 44
"Congratulations sweetheart. You survived our full moon." ~Ranked: #902 in Fanfiction on 24/12/17~