𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍, sirius black

By nicbelles

"I was thinking about leaving again It all depends Are we just friends?" In wh... More

𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍.
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐘.
𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑.
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓.
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇.
⁰¹, OH BROTHER
⁰², THE PUMPKIN JUICE INCIDENT
⁰³, BLOOMING FRIENDSHIPS
⁰⁴, KEEPER AND CHASER
⁰⁵, ACCIDENTAL HELLEBORE
⁰⁶, KISSES & BAD TIMING
⁰⁷, SIRIUS BLACK'S WINNING STREAK
⁰⁸, SILK PJ'S AND GOLD LOCKETS
⁰⁹, MADDIE'S BAD COMPANY
¹⁰, A POTTER KIND OF FIRE
¹¹, REAL LIFE OR FAIRYTALE?
¹², FINAL FIGHTS OF FIFTH YEAR
¹³, A SUMMER ATTACK
¹⁴, HEROIC ACTIONS OF A BIG BROTHER
¹⁵, BRING ME A DREAM
¹⁶, RUMOR HAS IT
¹⁸, JUST ANOTHER TEEN OUTCAST
¹⁹, QUIDDITCH SUPPLY SHED
²⁰, A CIGARETTE PEACE OFFERING
²¹, CONSISTENT MESS
²², BROTHERLY LOVE
²³, ANOTHER BLOODY SECRET
²⁴, NEW YEARS TRADITIONS
²⁵, LEFT FIELD RELATIONSHIP
²⁶, A LILY EVANS LAUGH
²⁷, NEW CRUSHES AND PROTECTORS
²⁸, A MAY CONVERSATION
²⁹, INTER-HOUSE QUIDDITCH CUP
³⁰, PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS
³¹, THE SIBLINGS OF HOGWARTS
³², FALL OFF YOUR BROOM
³³, BREAKFAST SQUABBLE
³⁴, JUST FOR ONE DAY
³⁵, REGULUS BLACK'S ART EXHIBITION
³⁶, THE ART OF GOING STEADY
³⁷, A PESSIMIST'S VIEW
³⁸, ONE LAST TRAIN RIDE
³⁹, FIRST DATE BEHAVIOR
⁴⁰, EAGLES ON THREE
⁴¹, HONEYDUKES WAKE UP CALL
⁴², RULES AND REGULATIONS OF BREAKFAST
⁴³, SIRIUS' STUPID COLOGNE
⁴⁴, AN INFLUX IN GIFT-GIVING
⁴⁵, JAMES POTTER'S BIGGEST FEAR
⁴⁶, THE BOYS ARE BACK
⁴⁷, THE LEAGUE'S BEST TEAM
⁴⁸, VISITING THE HEADMASTER
⁴⁹, WAITING FOR SOMEDAY
⁵⁰, FAMILY LIVES AT HOGWARTS
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

¹⁷, NEVER ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER

67.5K 2.8K 2.8K
By nicbelles

𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄
chapter seventeen; Never One Without The Other
Something wrong, Prongs? "

  JAMES POTTER WAS beginning to grow annoyed that Madeline made a friend out of Remus Lupin. Sirius and Peter had been on the receiving end of his rants, endless complaints about the new friendships complete with wild hand gestures

  "She can't just take my friends," James shook his head, "Bloody needs to find her own."

  "She has her own mate, it's not like she's stolen Moony from us."

  "But she has!" James threw his hands up, "Where's he now?"

  "He's not missing out on much," Peter defended weakly, "I mean, we're just sitting around."

  "Sure, but we always sit around together!"

  "Honestly, Prongs, you're making a big deal out of nothing."

  Remus then came hurrying into the door before James could question Sirius defending his little sister. The Lupin boy had a small, ever-present smile on, rifling through his jumpers hurriedly.

  "Alright, mate?"

  "Fine, yeah," Remus smiled at Sirius, "You?"

  "Alright," Sirius nodded suspiciously, watching Remus grab a striped jumper before hurrying back to the door, "Busy today?"

  "Just hanging out with Maddie," He nodded.

  James scoffed loudly, earning Remus' full attention.

  "Something wrong, Prongs?"

  "Not at all, just have fun with Madeline."

  Remus nodded, taking a deep breath and switching his jumper between his hands. "We're playing quidditch with Blue and Declan, you're welcome to join."

  "Why would I join?" James grumbled, crossing his arms.

  "Because Maddie's really upset about quitting the team and she wanted to play a game before the pitch was always booked," Remus shrugged, "She didn't think you lot would want to play.

  A frown was carved deeply onto Sirius' face in a split-second.

  "You're welcome to join us," Remus repeated, "We're starting soon though, so hurry it up."

ϟ

  "Did the Firewhiskey hit me already, or has Remus brought company?"

  Madeline furrowed her brows at Kai, before turning to where he was looking. Sure enough, three figures were following Remus Lupin.

  "Oh, no," Madeline mumbled, hand tightening around her broom, "No, no."

  "I can tell them to leave," Bluebelle offered, "Eagles only?"

  "Hey, Mads," Sirius called out first, making the Potter girl pause her response, "Playing quidditch with four people?"

  "Scrimmage," Madeline said, at a loss for words it was shocking she even managed that.

  "It's not even," Bluebelle announced, crossing her arms as the boys came to a halt. 

  "I'll sit out."

  "No," Remus frowned at Madeline, "This is your game, Mads."

  "Come on," Sirius said loudly, "Pete can referee."

  Madeline looked to the boy for confirmation. "I don't like flying." Was his simple response.

  "Maddie, James, captains, pick teams!"

  "Actually," Remus said, coughing loudly to halt Kai's movements, "I wanted to be on Blue and Kai's team."

  "Rem, what the—"

  "Rem?" Sirius and James questioned at the same time, both wearing disgruntled expressions at Madeline's newfound nickname for their friend. 

  "Hey, I get to beat Maddie," Kai said, taking a large step back, "I'm okay with it."

  "Are you gonna start?" Peter yelled from his place in the middle of the pitch.

  "Yeah!" James called back, looking to Madeline. "If we lose it's your fault."

  "Thank you, James," Madeline said sarcastically, scoffing before launching from the ground.

  "She's in a mood."

  "You both are," Sirius responded before taking to the air as well.

  "No, I'm not!"

  The group had decided not to use bludgers, Bluebelle and Madeline were keepers, for the chasers Remus, Kai, James, and Sirius. It seemed almost fair, as one chaser on each team was a full-time one, but Bluebelle's keeper's skills were lacking, whereas Madeline's had improved over the summer.

  Madeline had lived up to the reputation Kai had given, not letting him or Remus get a single goal. Until Sirius began distracting her.

  "Mads!"

  The brunette gave Sirius a confused look as he slowed at the rings. James was busy at the other end of the pitch, trying to get around Kai to have the room to make a goal.

  "What?!"

  "Are you avoiding me?"

  "No!"

  "It seems like you are, and you're hanging out with 'Rem' which, by the way—"

  "Sirius!" Madeline cut him off harshly, "Play the game!"

  Sirius was briefly shocked into a still state, before turning around and continuing the game. Madeline had shrugged off the conversation rather quickly, her mood lightening when Kai blew raspberries for blocking his goal.

  "I wasn't aware the pitch had been booked."

  James Potter nearly toppled off of his broom right then and there. Usually, McGonagall was berating he and his friends so stopping the game to join her on the ground was instinct. The Ravenclaws followed suit of the Marauders, eventually, all seven students surrounded the professor.

  "We didn't think it would be a problem," Madeline began to explain.

  "It's not," The woman responded, "You're this restless for the season to start?"

  "Oh, I'm not playing this year."

  "What?" The woman looked downright horrified by the information. 

  "I'm just. . . not the best," Madeline lied quickly, "Want to give Ravenclaw a good chance."

  "To lose?" The Potter girl elbowed Kai harshly, causing him to wheeze, and Bluebelle to giggle. The whole interaction was watched with a slightly amused eye from McGonagall. 

  "You've only played a year. Students don't just quit quidditch, Madeline."

  "What can I say, I'm a pathmaker," Madeline smiled weakly, unnerved by the pitiful looks she was receiving from her peers and the calculating one from McGonagall. "I have to go, though, so if you're gonna go yell at anyone, yell at James."

  "Is there a reason to?"

  "Isn't there always a reason to?"

  James' jaw hung open as Madeline rushed off the pitch, McGonagall trying her hardest to conceal a smile.

  "Isn't the pitch only supposed to be used by the—?"

  "Traitor!" James harshly cut off Bluebelle, pointing a finger at his head of house.

  "I beg your pardon?"

  "James is feeling under the weather," Sirius said loudly before James could dig himself into a deeper hole, the raven-haired boy securing an arm around James' shoulders, "I should get him to the hospital wing, actually, excuse us."

  McGonagall watched the boys leave with a raised brow, Sirius no longer looked like he was supporting James, more like he was dragging him away in a headlock.

  "I'm not sick!"

  "Yes, you are, and the disease is jealousy!"

  "What?!"

  James wiggled for a moment, making Sirius sigh and release him. The Potter boy stumbled back for a second, raking his hair with his hand absentmindedly before speaking.

  "Why is everyone on Maddie's side?!"

  "Because she's going through a rough time, mate," Sirius barked out a sarcastic laugh, "She's not stealing anyone or anything from you. We're the only people in the whole school who believe her over those arseholes, and are nice to her."

  "Believe her—?"

  "You're angry, it's valid," Sirius cut James off yet again, "But you know Maddie didn't do anything. You wanted to kill Keeler and Hughes a couple days ago."

  James crossed his arms, glaring at the grass stubbornly.

  "We're all she has right now," Sirius repeated, less anger in his voice. He clapped a hand on James' shoulder, making the boy look up, "Now's your chance to be a good brother."

  James' face melted instantly. He hadn't even thought about how horribly irritating the situation must have been for Sirius; whose little brother hated him. James was there, throwing away the chance Sirius would've killed for.

  So he did the rational thing.

  Sirius stumbled back slightly at the sheer force James had thrown himself into a hug. He froze for a moment, before embracing his best friend back with equal force.

  "You're my brother, Sirius, you know that?"

  "Yeah. . . You're mine, too."

( AUTHOR'S NOTE. )
James & Sirius are the ultimate
brotp I said what I said

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 216 26
"we were likely to never happen"
88.4K 4K 133
❝𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬 𝑾𝑨𝑺 𝑵𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑬❞ in which there is a war to be fought, and two former opposites realize what it really means to lose ever...
2.1K 35 9
Just some fanfic and oneshots of the Marauders! Hope you enjoy, and please leave comments and constructive feedback! [All characters belong to JK Row...
67.3K 2.2K 55
𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 cursed heiress celeste malfoy finds herself torn across two battles of horror and humiliation. ...