Pinwheel (Seventeen)

By istanjaemin

Follows characters that attend the same college in NY. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 6

12 0 0
By istanjaemin

[Marcela's Pov]

I slammed my makeup brush on my desk and groaned out loud. I glanced over at my phone that was facing up but the screen was black. Was he really not going to text me? I huffed and looked at myself in the mirror. I'm too pretty for this bull crap. I reached for my phone unlocking it and going to my messages. My message said delivered but I know he saw the notification. Call me crazy or whatever but I just feel like if he likes me as much as he says he does.. he should be trying to win me over right? I locked my phone and finished my makeup. I did my hair cutely and went on my way.

Today I had a writing workshop. It was the first one of the semester. It went well and I actually had a lot of fun. I took my phone out of my back pocket and still no message from Mingyu. I wasn't going to let this ruin my day. I also decided that once he respond I was going to ignore him. I didn't need him. I locked my phone and placed it back in my pocket.

"Marcela!" I heard someone call out to me. I looked around but I didn't see anyone. "behind you" I felt someone poke my shoulder. I turned around to see Hansol.

"Hansol... Hi." I said not amused. 

"Damn I thought I was making progress." He said half chuckling walking beside me.

"You are, you're making progress convincing me to get a restraining order against you."

"Wow! I know you don't hate me that much."

"How would you know?"

"Because you just let me hang around you. You enjoy my company even if you don't want to admit it." He said smiling. I couldn't argue with that so I decided to ignore him. "So do you have any more classes for today?"

"I don't actually. Why?" I asked looking at him carefully. He stayed looking forward. The sun was shining today but it was pretty chilly outside. He was wearing this really long black, grey and red windbreaker with some jeans and a hat. His style was very different. He was cute though, I give him that.

"Let's get lunch."

"Where?"

"There's a cafe across the street. We can get coffee or whatever you like."

"Okay let's go." I said happily complying.

"Really?"

"Yeah why not?"  I said sighing while looking ahead.

"Okay." Hansol said happily. I glanced over at him and he had the biggest grin on his face like he won something. It made me silently giggle to myself and he led me to our destination.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Terra Pov]

Today the class me and Seungcheol had together got cancelled so we didn't see each other this morning. I kept replaying the last night and I was grinning my ass off and it felt like my stomach was full of glitter and sparkles like I couldn't explain it. I buried my face in my pillow. I was confused about one thing. Were me and Seungcheol dating? I mean I wouldn't count it as dating until he asked me to be his girlfriend but what if that was his way of asking me out? How do I act when I'm around him now that our feelings are out there? My stomach felt oosy and now I was more nervous to see Seungcheol than I was excited. Why was stuff like this so hard. I groaned out loud. I arose from my pillow and grabbed my phone. I had a text from my brother.

ShuaShua: I need advice :(

Me: What's up bug?

ShuaShua: Can I swing by if no one is there?

Me: Yeah, no one is here right now.

ShuaShua: I'll be there in 5.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joshua came over in sweats and a t-shirt. This man must be going through it like me. I got into my bed and sat against the wall. Joshua laid across the end of my bed and covered himself with the comforter.

"Planning on napping here or something?"

"If you don't mind. I kinda don't want to be in my apartment right now."

"What's up shua? Is it roommate problems because I'll-" He lifted up and gave me a glare. I inhaled deeply.

"Your roommate.. Jamie.." he began but didn't finish.

"You like her right?"

"I do.. I thought it was obvious but Dokyeom told me he likes her too."

"So now you don't know what to do?"

"Yeah because I do like her but Dokyeom is not only my friend but my roommate and he said it first and I just don't want to make things awkward if I say I like her too you know? I don't want to strain our relationship."

"That's not fair to you Joshua. Your feelings are valid too. You always do this. You put everyone's feelings before yours."

"Okay I would accept that statement if it wasn't coming from you because you do the exact same thing."

"We're not talking about me right now. We're talking about YOU"

"Why are you yelling?"

"Joshua you need to talk to Dokyeom."

"And say what exactly? I like Jamie too. Then what we spend as much time with her to see who she likes the most and roll with it? That doesn't sit too well with me.." He ran his fingers through his hair and laid against my pillow. I leaned forward and patted his head.

"Okay Shua I hear you. You're wise and I know you'll make the right decision. Just let everything fall into place okay?"

"Okay."

"Want to re-watch Bleach?"

"I haven't seen it in a minute. I'm down."

"Connect my laptop and I'll get snacks okay?" I said jumping off my bed. Joshua nodded and grabbed my laptop to connect it to my TV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Hansol Pov]

I sipped on my drink and tilted my head to the side and observed Marcela's features. She was scrolling on her phone but her head was raised high enough for me to see. Finally she broke the awkward silence by sitting her phone down on the table.

"What is up with the staring?" she said with a little sass in her voice. I softly chuckled and shook my head.

"Nothing" I said smirking a little. She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Hansol!" A familiar voice called out. I froze hoping and praying to myself that it wasn't her. I shut my eyes. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I slowly turned around to see my sister Jisol. She gave a smile and a small wave. If I didn't know her, I would've thought she was an angel. Her red lips turned from a smile to a pout.

"you're not going to speak? I haven't seen you in so long" she whined. "who's this?" she said tilting her head at Marcela.

"Uh this is—"

"Is this your girlfriend?" Marcela interrupted. Jisol gagged.

"Ew never. We're twins. Fraternal of course. But since you thought I was his girlfriend that must mean you are not."

"That is correct." Marcela said nodding.

"Jisol can I talk to you in private."

"No we can talk right here." She said pulling up a chair.

"You know I can leave?" Marcela said looking at us both.

"No stay. I didn't introduce myself properly. I'm Jisol. Hansol's little sister by hmm 37 minutes?"

"Jisol, I really don't think she's interested. We should just go talk." Jisol glared at me. I wasn't necessarily scared of my little sister. She just knew how to embarrass me. She was the definition of manipulative and crazy.

"So what's your name?" Jisol said leaning forward as she rested her head in the palm of her hand.

"Marcela."

"Cute."

"Jisol why are you here?"

"Hmm Mingyu said it was time that I come back ti school." She said sitting back into her chair. She sighed. "I was having so much fun too" She sucked her teeth but she noticed the change in Marcela's demeanor after hearing Mingyu's name.

"Jisol lets go." I said getting up. I didn't want Jisol to start a scene over Mingyu. She huffed but cooperated.

"Nice to meet you Marcela. I'll be seeing you soon." She said giving her angelic like smile. I wanted to throw up.

"I'll see you later Marcela. " I waved goodbye and led my sister out of the cafe. Once we were outside walking back to campus, I decided to open my mouth and ask the real questions.

"What did Mingyu say to you?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down at Jisol. She giggled covering her mouth.

"Do you really want to hear it?" She teased. God she was a pain in the ass. I bit my lip from the annoyance. "Fine fine. Well, He called and said you were sticking your nose where it didnt belong again. I didn't really know what he met until I met miss Marcela. That's his girlfriend isn't it?" I took a deep breath and stopped walking. "Aha! Hmm how unfortunate. I'm suppose to marry Mingyu."

"How long is it gonna take for you to realize that's never happening."

"Says who?" She laughed again. "So my brother likes Mingyu's girl. You really are shameless."

"I'm shameless and he isn't?"

"I mean you just keep invading his space if you think about it. Knowing you its not on purpose but I don't know. You are my brother after all."

"Whatever. I would much rather stay away from Hansol at all costs."

"If that was true, you would have never put yourself in this situation." she said laughing a bit before walking off.
——————————————————————————-
[ Joshua Pov ]

Terra had fell asleep a long time ago. I found myself thirsty and decided to go get some water from the kitchen. I shut Terra's door behind me as I exited. It seemed like no one was home still. I made my way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I need to take Terra shopping from the looks of the fridge. I pushed some things to the side and grabbed the water pitcher. I closed the fridge and sat the pitcher on the counter. I opened the top cabinet and grabbed a purple cup. I poured some water into the cup and went to put the pitcher back into the fridge. I heard the front door open and rose my head up before making my way out of the fridge completely.

"Fuck." I said a bit too loudly. I rubbed my head and shut the fridge. When I turned I saw Jamie just standing there. Her hands were covering her mouth.

"Are you laughing at me?" I said slightly smiling. She waved her hands in a defensive manner.

"No no. I was just shocked to find you here. Is your head okay? Did I scare you?" she said walking towards me. Her hand looked like it was about to come pat my head but she quickly put it back to her chest. I smiled and nodded.

"My head is okay and you didn't necessarily scare me. I wanted to see who it was but I rose my head too soon.

"Ahh" she said nodding. I grabbed my cup of water and started to drink from it. "That's my cup." Jamie said. I quickly stopped drinking.

"Oh uh I'm sorry... I got thirsty." I rubbed the back of my head in embarrassment.

"it's fine. I don't know why I said that actually like it mattered."

"It was a fun fact"

"So why are you over? I mean it's not like you can't come over your sister lives here but I just meant like is there a particular reason why your over, I mean if you're willing to share.. I should stop talking."

"Nah it's cute. You should take your jacket off though." I finished drinking my cup of water and sat the cup into the sink. Jamie hung up her jacket and sat onto the couch. I made my way to the other end of the couch and sat down. "Now to answer your question. I came over because I wanted to talk to my sister but we ended up watching Bleach but she fell asleep. I was gonna stat the night over but I should probably head back to my room."

"Do you not want to go back to your room."

"Not really." I sighed and stretched a bit.

"Is there a particular reason?"

"Nah not really. I think I just miss my sister but don't tell her" I said covering my mouth with my index finger. She smiled and nodded.

"Then stay over! You can sleep in here. I have extra blankets too. I can keep you company also.."

"Really?"

"Yes we can watch hmm anime? you like anime right, you mentioned Bleach."

"You like anime?!" I said a little too exited. "Ahem.." I felt slightly embarrassed. She nodded and sat up.

"We could.. start a new series together and it can be our thing." She quickly turned away from my view after she said that. I don't think she meant to say that out loud but it was really cute.

"Sure. What kind of anime are you into?"

"Action, horror and slice of life"

"Hmm have you seen Shiki?"

"no..."

"Lets watch that" I said eagerly. She hopped up and ran to her room and then came back with blankets that covered her face.

"Oh no a monster." I said pretending to be scared.

"Hey!" She whined as she threw the covers at me.

"Oh my goodness it attacks!"

"Pft turn on the show"

"Fine fine. You have snacks?"

"You're needy."

"Maybe just a little." I said setting up the show. Jamie came back with chips juice and cups. She flopped beside me and I cut the lamp off to make the mood more scary to go with the show.

"Im excited" She said wrapping the covers around herself. I smiled and pressed play.

"Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 3.9K 30
Where Wonwoo has trouble falling in love again and Mingyu just wants a one night stand
2.6K 146 8
A short story of soonwoo I suddenly want to write.
476K 3.9K 55
𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗺𝘂𝘁 ~ 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 _𝘞𝘖𝘙𝘓𝘋 🌎
653K 18K 42
Seventeen x Reader. (Members of Seventeen: Woozi/Jihoon, Vernon, The8, Mingyu, Jeonghan, Seungkwan, Joshua, Jun, S. Coups, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Lee Dokyum...