Lovesick // John Wick

By alittlebitbias

"Now you see, son. It's not what you did that angers me the most. It's who you did it to... And I can't belie... More

VOLUME ONE (retirement)
― 01. destined
― 02. him
― 03. first date
― 04. vulnerability
― 05. six months time
― 06. truth
― 07. in love
― 08. forever
VOLUME TWO (john wick)
― 09. night terrors
― 10. kidnapped
― 12. the continental
― 13. red circle
― 14. baba yaga
― 15. death
― 16. no love lost
― 17. reunited
― 18. memories
― 19. healing
VOLUME THREE (the marker)
― 20. anniversary
― 21. symphony ball
― 22. santino d'antonio
― 23. complications
― 24. italy
― 25. the coronation
― 26. another threat
― 27. even in death
― 28. a look into the past
― 29. running out of time
― 30. uncertainty
― 31. closure

― 11. war

16.7K 493 21
By alittlebitbias

                           JOHN KNOWS he's going to need a new car if he's going to get any farther; seeing as his Lexus got destroyed and the Mustang is in fact missing... Because of last night's events, he's on a bus and heading to see a certain friend who can help him out. He knows that if his car had made an appearance then so did Kaitlyn. He's sitting there feeling helpless for the first time in his life. Years of fighting and killing, taking on contracts and jobs; and here he is. He isn't leaving retirement, he's just doing what he needs to do- for her, to protect his wife like he always said he would.

   John is furious, worried, and revenge-set all at once. And if anyone's going to try to stop him then he'd make sure they weren't in his way. But, there's plenty of guilt coursing through him too. If he only he'd taken the situation at the gas station more seriously than they wouldn't be in this mess; or maybe if he'd gone with her downstairs... Plenty of what-ifs are killing him. He isn't one to dwell on the past but he's twisting with hate that wants to bust out and take over, he's losing it. The only inch of sanity he has left is that Viggo should know not to touch Kaitlyn- that is if Iosef even took her to him.

   He's staring out the bus window somberly with a stern look on his face. He's void. Anyone that looks at him will probably run; he still has blood, the wear and tare on his shirt- on him. But John doesn't care what people see, he's more focused on getting off the bus and approaching the garage.

   John has always stayed in touch with his friend Aurelio, even after his retirement; going to him for car repairs or an occasional drink. There are people who are worth staying in touch with because he knows they'll have his back, and this man is one of those people. Inside the shop, many turn to stare at the familiar assassin walking with a determined look on his face. He's on a mission.

   It isn't hard to spot Aurelio.

   "Is it here?" John strides over to his friend Aurelio who sits next to a car with some glasses. John's calm, barely, but it's clear he is here for business, and Aurelio expected that.

   Aurelio immediately pours him a drink on sight, "it was, and so was she." He sighs seeing the worry flash in John's eyes, "It was Iosef Tarasov."

   "Viggo's son." John grows tense thinking about his former employer. Finding out that, makes him realize this wasn't any sort of hit- just bad luck.

   "Yeah."

   Aurelio thinks back to the encounter; the fear in Kaitlyn's eyes. And no matter what he said they wouldn't let her go. Iosef's an idiot, the fact he had no fear and so much cockiness- he deserves what's coming his way.

   "I tried to convince them to leave her with me John, I really did. Tried to make em' a few deals." Aurelio says sadly. He can see his friend shake his head in understanding,

   "I understand." John nods taking a swig of the alcoholic drink.

   "You seem.. sorta stable, could be looking much worse for wear."

   "Holding it together."

   "I'm sure once Viggo sees her.. he's not stupid John." even if John seems cool and controlled on the outside, he definitely isn't on the inside. It's best not to piss him off.

   "For his sake he better not be."

   "What even happened John? I.. it's literally crazy this happened."

   "Is it though?" he sighs, "ran into those kids getting gas.. wanted the car I said no. Broke into the house to take it and Katie was downstairs when they were so.."

   "I see..."

   "I just gotta get her back because she doesn't deserve this. Honestly never thought my life would catch up."

   "Well it wasn't going to until Iosef came along. People respect you... in a sense."

   "Yeah." John goes silent before taking a sip of the drink in his hand.

   "You about to go to war John?" Aurelio speaks stiffly, eyeing him and his tense posture. John's about to raise hell and he knows it well as anyone. Even in retirement he knows John will be able to do more than any assassin in the league. That idiot Tarasov boy made a decision that will end his life and many others.

   "Yes."

   "So what are you gonna do?"

   "I need a ride," he says simply.

"This is Wick, yes John Wick that's right. I'd like to make a dinner reservation for twelve."

•••

                       Viggo has Kaitlyn accompany him almost wherever he goes. It's like she's a badge of pride for him; having the Boogeyman's wife by his side. Or rather, maybe it's a sign of stupidity and death. But either way, he's also keeping her away from his son who would do god knows what to her. The crime boss is quick to see what John (probably) sees in her; she's kind and polite, even though they're holding her hostage. To him it's rather peculiar that she seems so meek, quiet, and feminine compared to women in this world- maybe that's not surprising because she's the reason John left. However, Mrs. Wick doesn't seem to be a stupid girl he thinks, she understands every breath she takes from here on out needs to be calculated.

   The pair are in his study. He's letting her go through the book shelves and find something to entertain herself and not sit there like a sad puppy. She's avoiding eye contact at all costs and has very puffy red eyes from crying. Viggo isn't one to just pity someone, and she won't be getting that from him.

   Because Viggo knows John is coming; so in actuality Kaitlyn has nothing to worry about.

   "Viggo." Avi briskly comes into the room with clear distress on his face. His face is beat red as his eyes dart from the girl to his boss.

   "What is it?"

   "The hit squad you sent to.." he stops talking as his eyes fall onto Kaitlyn for longer this time. He's taken a liking to her and feels horrible as she stares at him, waiting for him to speak. She won't like what he has to say, "to kill Mr. Wick? Well he's killed them all."

   "Of course he did.." Viggo sits in front of a fire place letting out a deep groan. He knows there's going to be nothing to do now except, "Put a contract on John Wick."

   "How much," Avi asks,

   "Two million," he responds, staring right at Kaitlyn. She breathes in sharply as if to argue, her chest burning and tears beginning to form. But she stays quiet, even though on the inside she's screaming. Her delicate fingers grip the sides of her shirt and a book as she's trying to contain herself.

   "We're going to have to make use of a.. certain someone."

   Kaitlyn's blocking them out as her whole world feels like it's crashing down. A tidal wave of emotion is hitting her full force and she's drowning. John has to kill an entire
hit squad and now there is going to be hundreds of people looking to kill him, because of this contract.

   "P-please don't." she stammers while starting to cry.

   The two men turn to her surprised that she finally spoke, "and why shouldn't I?" Viggo asks condescendingly.

   "J-just let me talk to him.. I'm sure I could calm him down; or just give me back-"

   "Listen Mrs. Wick, I'd love to do that. But it isn't that simple. I can't have people thinking I'm weak and willing to hand over my son's mistake without a fight. Besides, he killed our men and is too far gone to reason with."

   "Yes I see that but- your son is to blame for all this!" Kaitlyn cries, "why defend him? Please just let me talk to John.."

   "Are you really not aware of just how dangerous your husband is?"

   "I know stories. He's told me plenty." she glares at him with her sleep deprived and red eyes.

   Viggo laughs at this,

   "Your husband could take down an entire army if you gave him enough guns, knives, and random shit. I'm sure what you've been told is the watered down versions, you don't realize the horrors of the Boogeyman." Viggo stands up and begins to slowly pace the room. Kaitlyn is staring at the ground looking pale, "he knows the risks of what he's doing; any man in his position would do the same. Look at the lengths I'm going through to make sure my son doesn't become another number of John Wick's!"

   Kaitlyn flinches as he roars at her. She knows power and facades are everything in this business, John told her that. And even if they're all terrified of the man she loves, they couldn't back down. However, if Viggo can just put aside his pride then everything could go away- his son can live. Maybe.

   "Don't like being yelled at?" Viggo raises an eyebrow curiously, "why's that?"

   Kaitlyn continues to stare at the floor.

   "He asked you a question," Avi says.

   "W-why do you care?"

   Viggo comes and takes a seat across her. He folds his hands in his lap, "I think you're weak that's what. You're a tiny thing to begin with, probably couldn't defend yourself in the slightest."

   "Like you'd know." she spits back, "how about you make your son go handle his own mistake. Consequences." her confidence comes from out of the blue as she fires at the crime boss, something she'd never normally do.

   He bursts out in a deep laughter, "you're a funny thing! There is some fire in you, John didn't do a bad job."

   A test? Kaitlyn turns her face away from him bashfully. Her cheeks are pink with embarrassment from her outburst, even if they deserved it.

   "Avi, go take her and get some food. Then she can retire for the night."

   "I'm not hungry."

   "You don't have much of a choice here. You're much more useful alive than dead. Besides, some of us still have a chance of making it out alive."

   "Okay okay." she says with a nod. There's no use to her arguing with this man. She doesn't want to end up dead.

   "Also Avi, have my car readied. I need to go make a visit."

   Viggo turns his attention back to her, and sees there's a look on her face with questions right on the tip of her tongue, "what do you want." it isn't a question.

   "I want to talk to John.." she begs.

   "Separation anxiety much Mrs. Wick?" Avi jokes making his boss send him a look.

   "He should at least know I'm alive.."

   "John knows you're alive don't worry. He knows we wouldn't touch a hair on your head, for now."

   Chills run down her spine while the hairs stand up on the back of her neck. For now. It's definitely a threat on her life, another reminder this is no place to get comfortable.

   Kaitlyn's brought back to her room after eating, but she couldn't put a single thing down her throat. She feels sick to her stomach by all this. How she is being treated like an esteemed guest but is really a prisoner; on any other occasion she'd probably have loved it here. Any chance of getting to look around is never going to happen she's starting to realize. If she tries even stepping out of her room she'll be bombarded by men.

   She tries to scan the room, check it for different ways out with all sorts of tricks John explained to her. Maybe there are items that she could use to help herself. However, it becomes apparent that unless she wants to jump from five floors up, there's no way out. Try to fight or argue with anyone? Dead in seconds probably. She flops onto the bed in defeat. The only hope she has now is John; which she knows he's coming for her. But all those men being sent his way? Who could survive that?

   Thinking about John fighting and killing again makes her stomach churn and a sick feeling form in her throat. For years she never wanted to have to think about his past and what he was capable of; it saddens her that it's all back after working so hard to get out. And yeah, she's aware he's probably left plenty of details about his life and jobs out, but she's okay with that. Maybe if she knew all the truth she'd be too scared... she doesn't want to think about that—

   Out of nowhere, the sounds of yelling drags her attention away from her sadness, which is probably good. She flinches in fear but wants to investigate,

   "I claimed her! I should get to have her!" the thick Russian accent definitely belongs to Iosef.

   Kaitlyn pushes herself off the bed and waddles over to the door, she presses her ear right up to the wood.

   "What do you not understand about John Wick?!" this voice belongs to Viggo, "do you want to die boy? I have to save your incomprehensible ass, and you aren't a sliver grateful!"

   "He's just a fucking man, and he's been retired."

   "Oh just you wait." a loud bang shatters reach her ears making her back away from the door. It sounded like a vase hitting the ground with extreme force.

   "Everyone knows she's here father and you are the one getting to flaunt her! I'll be taking her out with me next time."

   Her back's now against the door as her legs begin to give out hearing this. Sliding down the door slowly, eventually she's on the floor with her knees pulled to her chest. Kaitlyn's starting to cry again and she can't fathom stopping it. Going out somewhere with Iosef? How does everyone know about her? Questions are barreling through her mind and millions of miles per second that it hurts. Burying her face in her hands she cries as her tiny frame shakes.

   Kaitlyn wants to find Iosef and punch him herself for doing this to her 'perfect' life. She just wants John to be happy and safe; in a way she doesn't care about herself compared to him. Though, he'll definitely hate she thinks that way. But it's hard, it's hard right now because there doesn't seem to be hope. Yet she remembers John telling her he would do anything to keep her safe- and she still believes that.

•••

                        "To what do I owe this visit?" Marcus asks practically staring Viggo down while pouring himself his 'smoothie'. He didn't expect Viggo to be at his door this early in the morning, especially with everything going on- the audacity. Viggo is well aware of his friendship with John, this isn't about to go well.

   Marcus hasn't been in contact with John for a few weeks, but of course news spreads fast in their little world of crime. He still remembers when he heard, how he rolled his eyes in disgust and prayed. He knows every other assassin, hitmen- anyone in the organization is shaking in their boots right about now. The name John Wick still strikes terror into others- it probably always will.

   "I have a job for you,"

   "And I got a phone."

   "I want to offer you this face to face, since you might find it personal." he takes a deep breath, "Would you kill John Wick for two million dollars. You two were close."

   "Is it exclusive?"

   "No it's open."

   "Why should I?" Marcus asks with a raised brow trying not to scoff, "your son took Kaitlyn, he was basically asking for this to happen."

   "I know, but he is my son and you should respect that." Viggo takes one look at the glass in front of him with the orange liquid and pushes it away.

   "I mean no disrespect but you should understand why I'm hesitant."

   "I know. But who else could truly get this job done?" sitting there with an intense gaze, Viggo says, "I will give you one last chance, what do you say?"

   Marcus takes a deep breath. This isn't a 'yes or no' answer, he has to take it or else he'll be killed. "Consider it done."

   "Thank you Marcus," the crime boss stands up to bade him a quick farewell, "I knew I could trust you."

   "Is she okay?" he calls out quickly before Tarasov could leave.

   "Mrs. Wick? Yes, it would be the biggest mistake of my life to let anything happen to her."

   "The biggest mistake of your life was not educating your damn son, on who John Wick is. That's it." Marcus says harshly. He's practically gripping his glass at how this kid didn't know who John Wick was. Everyone in their world knows who he is and what he looks like too- except Iosef Tarasov apparently, "every single person knows when he enters a room, and your son doesn't even recognize him close up at a gas station."

   Viggo doesn't say anything, instead he turns to leave; maybe because he knows the hitman is right. If he had just returned Kaitlyn then maybe this wouldn't have happened.

   Marcus watches Viggo Tarasov depart in a car with his multiple body guards. He feels a twist in his chest; a frustration about this whole situation that will probably get him killed. No, he's not going to kill John; because, John could kill him before he gets a chance. All he an do, is at least try to help. John will be needing someone on his side and on the outside looking in.

   He walks to behind his stairs and begins to pull apart a wall which is a big secret compartment. There are lines of guns, grenades, and knifes. Marcus can't help but sigh as he runs his fingers across the metals and barrels. God he can never say no to a contract, making money, the whole thrill- but this makes his chest twist in anger. He can't help but think about Kaitlyn, how she's probably terrified. And the times he's met Iosef Tarasov.. he's a far from savory boy; a whore, gross, and entitled. What was he even thinking taking a 'random' girl?

   A war is about to reign down, and it's about to be lead by the Boogeyman.

note- follow me on insta @alittlebitbias.wp🥰🤩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 128 14
You're a young photographer separated from your long-time fiance, who has found the perfect apartment to start a new life along with a handy handsome...
24.5K 1K 40
This world is torn between beings. Vampires and humans. The nights belongs to the supernatural whilst the days belong to the mortals. After losing bo...
52.3K 1.3K 11
*COMPLETED* Mia runs a down on its luck coffee shop. She has a traumatic past she's blanked out. John is one of the most feared assassins sent to kil...
99.7K 2.9K 33
You have been hidden away. Your parents are dead. You hold the key to a secret, something your parents failed to tell you. Somone has found your whe...