Before Take Off

By cinnamonbunstories

I raised up my eyebrows and pointed at his arms encircling my waist, with the tip of my chin. "You're going t... More

foreword
Cast
1. stranger
3. the maroon building
4. bj eyes
5. you're intoxicated
6. the two sides
7. jaime boselli
8. rosemary green, everyone
9. not just yet
10. beer goggles
11. the game
12. inappropriate?
13. not always
14. good morning
15. not nearly done
16. Lewis 101
17. the perfect medicine
18. flashback
19. they're staring at us
20. always be there?
21. the notebook
22. butter puff pastry
23. well played, birdie
24. a good chef
25. shout out loud
REMEMBER ME?
26. in real life
27. how to trust
28. am I a shitty person
29. you haven't seen him?
30. stray people
31. flashback

2. the offer

3.3K 144 72
By cinnamonbunstories

****
Hey guys, just wanted to add something up here. The characters won't readily give away all the details about their personalities and their past as character development is very important for me.
Enjoy xx

****

"If you're not exploring life, if you aren't looking for yourself, if you're not finding many different things you love, what are you doing?"

"So, I'm not sure that I'm getting the picture quite clearly here. You came to Amsterdam with your girlfriend, then she cheated on you with her dealer?" I took a large sip from my grande soy misto. This was the one and only drink that I ordered at the Starbucks. I wasn't much of a wide perspective person when it comes to coffee (or any kind of food or drink, in fact I'd pour a cup of plain black coffee for myself every morning and I'd be ready to go.)

Lewis rolled his eyes and pouted. "You have to repeat that, don't you?"

"You look like a five year old," I teased, causing him to break off his adorable expression.

"Anyway," he said shrugging off the issue, which was probably a bit sensitive to discuss with a stranger. "Hey you know what, we should play a game. You know, just to kill time."

I tore my eyes off my paper coffee flask and glanced up at him. I couldn't help but wonder what would our odds have been if I were to meet him lets say, on a drunken night. "Sure, what kind of a game?"

There! The playful smirk was back on his lips as if it was his signature look and I could swear that his dark hazel eyes have just gotten a shade darker. "I'd say twenty one questions but apparently we don't have much time left."

"Five questions then?" I suggested, reaching out for his caramel frappucino. "Each. Is this okay?" I asked referring to the drink. By that point, my sanity was apparently off the table as I wasn't even feeling a subtle hint of hesitancy. His free and easy attitude was just taking my mind off the scorching feeling, which was burning deep inside of my chest. The feeling that I get, whenever I remember the bitter truth behind this whole journey...

He nodded then nodded again, putting me into a position where I was trying to hold back my lips from forming a smile. He was just so effortlessly cute. "That pause between my nods was an 'and' if you didn't get it."

"I did get it Lewis. You go first."

"Have you ever slept with someone?" He asked abruptly. Well, that was enough with cuteness anyway. His bewitching eyes were boring into mine with a wry expression, a crooked smile painting his lips. I felt a subtle feeling of hesitancy starting to flicker inside of my chest as I nibbled at my lower lip. I wasn't sure whether it was safe enough to be discussing these kind of below the belt issues with a total stranger.

I darted my eyes around us, studying our surroundings before speaking up. "Sure," I replied trying really hard to sound nonchalant as I shoved my uneasiness to the back of my mind. "You?"

"Sure," He mimicked me then winked. "Sorry Ayla, apparently it's my turn again since you've just asked your second question. Do you have a boyfriend?"

I drew in a sharp breath after his question, trying to prevent a disturbing knot from forming in my throat with the word, boyfriend. Realising that the more we would keep on chatting, the more it would get difficult for me to withhold the unpleasant personal information about myself from him. Maybe it wasn't entirely appropriate to discuss sexual issues with a stranger but yet again, I was never going to see him ever again and I'd definitely prefer talking over that stuff instead of revealing my private life to him.

As I didn't want to pry into his life on any level and most definitely didn't want him to penetrate through my personal boundaries, I decided to go with the flow and stick with shallow inquiries.

I feigned a small smile as I briefly spun my head to the right and left, glancing over both sides. "I don't see a boyfriend, do you?" I replied to his earlier question as he was waiting for me to respond with expectantly gleaming hazel eyes. Noticing that a faint triumphant expression sweeping across his appealing face, I narrowed my eyes at him and added solemnly. "And no Lewis, that wasn't my question."

He just grinned knowingly and I gulped down the rest of my coffee, seeking a witty yet not so revealing question to come up with. But the only words that left my mouth were, "Have you ever joined the mile high club?" as I asked reluctantly.

That was the very first time that I had heard his laughter and I immediately fell in love with the sound. It was a bit hoarse, strong and most definitely manly. I wanted to make him laugh once more but the moment was already flown away.

"You're something else aren't you, birdie?" He stated in his enchanting British accent, smiling down at his fingers. Birdie? I nodded for him to proceed, tapping my nails on the wooden table that we were occupying.

"No," he stated. "But I'd like to try that out sometime." His eyes met mine once again, making me shiver with an odd sensation. It's just the air conditioning, I thought.

He darted his eyes around the area, trying to figure out a question to ask. The tip of his tongue brushed over his lower lip, wiping off the wee bit stain of chocolate sauce. Then his face morphed into a cocky grin right before he locked his gaze on me.

"Question number three," he stated.

"Shoot."

"Are you really fine with us chatting about these stuff? I mean I'd totally understand if you were actually faking this laid back attitude in order not to reveal your true colours..." He trailed off, with a smug expression sprawling across his chiseled face. He gently brushed the tip of his tongue once more along his lower lip as it left a subtle trace of glossy wetness behind.

"Well," I said tilting my chin up in an arrogant manner. I didn't know whether he asked that on purpose but I was definitely feeling challenged. "I'm not pretending to be laid back enough to be discussing about his sexual preferences and past experiences with a foreigner." I lied, shaking my head no to emphasise my point. "I'm just a good girl who knows when to be bad."

He chuckled, his eyes lightening up with an inscrutable expression. "Yeah? Define bad?"

"Not such as to be hoped for and presumably, morally objectionable." I replied wryly, making him frown. "And that was number four so I guess the ball's in my court now." He gave me the evil eye but didn't protest further.

"How many times have you ever slept with someone?" I asked, trying to keep myself from cracking up with laughter as I did so. There was an extremely thin line between acting nonchalant and being cringeworthy, and apparently so, my attempts on remaining in the shallow waters were slightly slipping towards the latter.

"Didn't keep count." He muttered, after clearing his throat.

"How many people?"

He dropped his gaze to his fingers probably counting the exact number. I waited patiently until it became impossible for me to keep my mouth shut. "My goodness, Lewis! Is it that much?"

He lifted his eyes from his hands and grinned so vibrantly at me that two small dimples popped out on his cheeks. And I immediately knew I screwed up. "Those were questions number three, four and five birdie. You just ran out of questions I'm sorry." And I just knew he didn't mean it.

I dropped my shoulders in defeat. "Alright you win, the least you could do is to answer them."

"I've only had two girlfriends," Lewis began to explain putting his cocky attitude aside for once. "One of them was Ali, the girl who dumped me couple of days ago. I didn't make a big fuss over it tough. It was just kind of a fling anyway, based mainly on sex. The other one was back in middle school so nothing much happened except from kissing."

"So you've had sex with just one person?" I was surprised, I should admit. I'd have expected a greater number from someone who's rocking the looks he has.

"No-uh," Lewis shook his head, with an adorable guilty look in his eyes. He nibbled at his bottom lip. "There are always one night stands, you know right?"

He pressed the home button of his cellphone and glanced over to the clock right before darting on his feet. "I'm really sorry for cutting this short, but it seems like I've got a flight to catch."

My heart dropped as I realised that I wasn't aware of how much fun I was having with just chatting with him up until this moment. I pushed my chair back, starting off to stand up and flashed a warm smile up at him. He was literally ten inches taller than me, hovering over my petite figure. "Thanks for the coffee."

"See you around?"

"Sure," I said dropping my gaze down to my sneakers. I had just met him a couple of hours ago, it would be silly to feel attached. He is just a stranger you've happened to cross paths somehow.

"Look at me," Lewis pleaded and once I did, he pulled me in for a hug. It didn't feel inappropriate at all. I tangled my arms around him, pressing myself even further against his broad chest. He smelled just like a freshly baked cinnamon bun, with a slight hint of lemon. It was a strange scent but I liked it on him.

"So," I said fidgeting my feet and fiddling with the hem of my shirt. "This is where we part ways I assume."

He looked a little bit off but then his hazel eyes widened with excitement. "You know birdie, there's one more question left on my side."

"Yeah?" I cocked my head over to one side, questioningly.

He drew a sigh before blurting out the craziest offer I had ever heard. "Would you wanna start off your journey from London, with me as your tour guide?"
••••••
Don't worry, you'll get the point of those cringe-worthy questions later on :) Just proceed to the next chapter.

Hey guys! I hope you like it so far (I don't have any readers at all, yet this won't keep me from blabbering on my own, ha.)
I'll be posting more chapters of course, just not tonight. I've got this huuuge quiz tomorrow, god sometimes I hate college.
Do you like it? Let me know.
-Cina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
278K 2.3K 12
(WARNING- Lots of mistakes. Read at your own risk) It was their wedding night. She was waiting for him in his room, no now 'their' room. Finally, he...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
20.5M 1.7K 5
[PREVIEW] In the bustling heart of London, Cara is a force to be reckoned with. A top law student, fiercely independent and driven, her eyes are set...