Rapture of Witches

Af always_clever

Part 3 of the 'Witches Beware' Trilogy. It was all over, at least that was what Jupiter thought before waking... Mere

Coming Soon
Chapter One: 'Oops, I Died Again!'
Chapter Two: Caught Hanging
Chapter Three: A Lovely Campfire with Trolls
Chapter Four: There's Always a Friend in Need
Chapter Five: Familiar Faces, Same Attitude
Chapter Six: Subconscious Prisoner
Chapter Seven: Grave for Two
Chapter Eight: Sisterhood of the Traveling Dream
Chapter Nine: Dance with Death and Kiss Life Goodbye
Chapter Ten: Loyal Soldiers
Chapter Eleven: Thicker than Blood
Chaptet Twelve: The War of Micheal and Lucifer
Chapter Thirteen: Baby Unknown
Chapter Fourteen: Forbidden Fruit
Chapter Fifteen: Mark of Cain
Chapter Sixteen: The Price One Pays for Respect
Chapter Seventeen: The Birth of a Demon
Chapter Eighteen: Home is Where the Most Damaged Live
Chapter Twenty: Evil Comes Out at Night
Chapter Twenty-One: Taste of Power
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Hollow Tree

Chapter Nineteen: Book of Ilorian

81 12 0
Af always_clever

I should be laughing loudly in this monster's face, crying with humor- knowing I needed a good strain of joy since I'm standing in front of the man I've been dreaming of killing for so long and not once wanting to punch him in the jaw once more. Ilorian was using Lucas, his body pale as the body alone wasn't enough to hold the fallen angel's essence. Instead, I crossed my arms in front of my chest and stare into the electric blue eyes I once held to put fear into my own enemies; now I only wanted to get rid of the trait. "Fuck you." I spoke in a steady tone, my eyes narrow and lips thin. "Fuck you and your desires... fuck you and your metaphors... fuck you and this world... fuck you all."

Ilorian was not phased by my calm outburst, tilting his head to the side, confusion flashed through his eyes before it turned into realization. "Your stubborn, reminds me of when I were young. Very well then, at least stay for dinner-"

"No, the more I stay here, the more I have the urge to sacrifice my opportunity to leave by stabbing you in the face. Leave me be." I voiced before taking the opportunity and freedom to leave the room and storm upstairs to the attic. The room was untouched; bed cold, cobwebs covered the corners, furniture holding a layer of dust, and air still with the scent of mold and damp wood.

I was desperate enough to enter the lion's den, to face the man I scorned for months, to not stab him in the gut over and over again to have the satisfaction and revenge for my mother and any other women he harmed. I wanted to go back, to see my husband, aunt, cousins, friends; I wanted peace or even death, anything to get away from all of this.

Treading lightly across the room, the mirror sat awaiting in the corner, sheet covering my reflection. I hesitated, my fingers lingered in the air as I tried to clasp the rough fabric, but stopped. "This isn't it, is it?" I voiced, my spine tingled as a pair of eyes burned me.

"You think it's going to be that easy?" The voice was deep and husky, different from the first time we met in this gruesome world. A man sat on the edge of the bed, skin glowing under the sunlight, hair the color of gold, and eyes the shade of sky blue on a sunny day. Hypnosis true form, or at least I think it is. "Your desperation is amusing, I should say I understand but sympathy is not what I possess."

"Are you going to give me another riddle? Or do I have to guess this all on my own?"

"What you have to do is play your cards and wait for your chance."

"What chance?"

Hypnosis only smirked in return, his skin glowed brighter and brighter until he were a speck of dust in the air. The room seemed to have turned dull and dark as shadows filled the corners, a light breeze from nothing brushed against my cheek as whispers filled the air, and the mark vibrates and burn just like before when Owen took the blade away.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed myself to exit the room and march downstairs where the scrapping of silverware filled the air. I appeared at the threshold, body morphed into the shadows as I watched the three of the four monsters in the world eat dinner like a normal family.

"Are you going to stand their all day or are you going to sit?" Lilith voiced while piling her plate with salad. Huffing in needed defiance, I stride into the dining room and flopped down in the familiar oak chair across from Gavriila.

"Look at this." Ilorian sighed heavily in relief. "The four of us, sitting at the table together, I have dreamed this for years."

"Before or after you decided to take advantage of my mother?"

A loud bang upon the table rattle my core more than the plates, Gavriila flinched from her mother's wrath and looked down in fear. Lilith grits her teeth in anger that seemed out of control since the last time we went toe to toe. "You need to stop acting like a rebellious teenager, you ung-"

"Lilith, none of that." He spoke softly, fingers bound under his chin as his eyes zoned on the chicken in the middle of the table. "Have you found the gate to get back home yet?"

I adjusted myself in the seat, defeat came over me as I looked down into my own nap. "No, I have not."

"Well, the gate is not going to open if you don't eat. Dig in, it's strictly organic, non-GMO's; I know humans are raving on that nowadays, or at least use to." Taking the plate in front of me, he piled it with a good amount of food that made my mouth water and stomach growl.

Play your cards and wait for your chance... Hypnosis words came to mind, which caused me to grab the offered plate and dig in as Ilorian instructed.

"The mark, it's festering again." Gavriila voiced, I managed to ignore the pain as my drive to kill was higher than before and my primal need for food is astonishing. "Perhaps, if the blade is near, the mark wouldn't-"

"That would be a no, we may have her at our table and if you say she is what she is, then I'm not giving her a chance to kill us all." The statement was directed towards Gavriila, but her eyes were furiously upon Ilorian. It seems there's a trouble in paradise for the oldest sinful couple in both worlds.

I stared at Lilith head on, my fear for the mother of all things evil has subdued once I realized she can be killed or at least sent back to hell and stay there. "Whatever I am or whatever you think I am; sword, queen, witch, fallen angel, weak, and anything else you all have named me. All I know is if I do not hold the blade for at least a few minutes, this mark will be apart of me, and the person or thing you need from me will be nothing as my mind will go crazy. Then you have a real problem on your hands."  I stuffed my mouth full of baked carrots and chicken before humming in delight while putting my thumbs up towards Lilith. "You have a good touch."

Ilorian took a gulp of the wine, it was the color of blood with the smell of blueberries and rosemary; a further reminder that Lucas I no longer here, he never like wine- only beer or hard liquor. "You will hold the blade after dinner, then we will lock it away, close enough to keep you from going insane."

"A party." Gavriila chirped with a joyous smile. "Gather all of the demons and allies, drink, laugh, and towards the end of the night we introduce Jupiter as another member in our family."

"No offense, but no thanks." I spoke bluntly while continuing to stuff my mouth, perhaps this will be my last meal or my first down a long spiral of waiting for this chance Hypnosis was talking about. Play your cards, Jupiter... I cleared my throat and swallowed the contents in my mouth that satisfied my hunger. "What of this sword talk? Some kind of prophecy? Rumor?"

Ilorian's electric blue eyes sparkled with interest, brow raised and wine coated lips tugged into a smile. "Come with me and I'll explain."

"But we're n-" Lilith's words were stuck in the thick throat of my cousin, just by one look from the man she love, fear crept into her eyes as she was forced to look away.

He stood to his feet, hand out with patience. Taking a steady breath, I stared right into his eyes and placed my hand in his, my murderous stare not matching to the dark storm brewing behind the abnormal irises. Ilorian leads me out of the dinner room, hand holding onto mine in the air- making sure I wouldn't run when he tells me of this vision of his. We were deeper into the house, the single door leading down to the basement in our line of vision, the thick board of wood suddenly opens as if it only took a hush of air- but I already knew it was Ilorian's powers that committed the party trick.

The light flickers on, which was dimmer than normal, the stairs still creaked and dust flew everywhere. The basement was oddly empty, all of my family's antics, furniture, and even chest full of their past were no where in sight. The only furniture around were chairs formed into two layers of a perfect circle, surrounding a podium with a personal light shining down upon it, a book thicker and larger than the Bible itself settled upon the surface. It wasn't until we approached the podium when Ilorian finally let's go of my hand.

"Each religion has their book of tales; the Bible, Quran, Tanakh, and others that have different stories that is all made up by the mundane world to make them feel better. This book holds the truth to humanity, the reason of humans, demons, creatures of blood and darkness."

I eyes the leather back material, the surface was blank, nothing more than a red string laying upon it as a self-made bookmark. "Doesn't look like its much importance." Of course, my snarky comment was an understatement.

"Only others of my blood can open it and see the message written upon the pages. But in your case, it's your power that lingers dormant in your mind that can open it, so placed your hand on the cover and feel its power- lock onto it."

I hesitated, I could already feel the power lingering off the book, it rattled my bones and my heart beat fast; my own body was telling me to run or fight, but fight what and run from who? I hovered my hand upon the cover and looked into Ilorian's eyes, his interest of me opening the damn thing has peaked, and oddly I grew interested too. Gently placing my hand upon the cover, I closed my eyes and waited for the power to enter my arm like a surge. I've waited, a couple of seconds went by, my patience lessened. "Either I'm completely powerless or your book is broken."

"Hush, give it a couple of seconds." Ilorian's voice was like an eager snake an inch away from its prey.

I sighed heavily and opened my eyes, shoulders slump, room still normal, and the power lingering upon the book was nothing more but leftovers from Hell. "Sorry to disappoint." I spoke sarcastically while removing my hand from the cover.

A sudden wind came upon us, no window or door leading outside in sight, the lights flickered on and off in a supernatural way, my mark burned and vibrated uncontrollably; it told me to protect myself through harsh whispers forming in the wind, but I didn't know who nor what to fight. Suddenly, I knew I was too late when it came to running.

The power Ilorian was speaking of came upon me like a large invisible hand that grasp my wrist and pulled me down to where my palm were flat upon the leathery surface, fingers spread apart, and the force transforming to heat. I groaned in pain as a sharp stabbing sensation jabs each finger, I could feel the blood being sucked out of my body before seeing it slide to the three sides of the book.

It wasn't until my arm were turning blue and numb when the book let's go, the cover flings open as the pages follows until stopping at what it wanted us to know. "What the fuck was that?!" I screamed while clutching my hand to my chest. The wounds upon my fingers tips slowly healed, I would say the mark healed me, but the process was too rapid for that to be true.

"I do have to say, I have never witnessed that before." Ilorian chuckled in excitement, his eyes darker than normal with sudden amusement and discovery. "Oh, you must be even more special than my vision made you out to be." His voice was unrecognizable, a low hiss echoed in each word as his skin morphed in and out of normal human skin to red snakeskin.

Noticing my mere look of horror, he cleared his throat and combed back the host blonde hair, and just like that Ilorian was calm and collective; skin morphed back to normal and eyes lighten. "Let's see here." He steps forward to read the words made by my blood.

Sword of Heavenly Fire... the words haunted me dearly, along with the photo of a being pouring sparks out of their chest. It reminded me of the time in Rome, after defeating Urk and losing Antonio for the first time, blue sparks in the shape of butterflies naturally pour out of my chest and set the place inflames. "I thought it was supposed to be an actual sword."

"It was at one point, the war between Lucifer and Micheal, the sword of heavenly fire pierced Lucifer's heart and managed to break their twin like connection and sent him into hell. However, the sword broke apart and it's power floated down to earth where it would be used again. Angels and demons searched far and wide for it, none knew what I did, no one had the vision but me." Ilorian looks me over, his eyes dropped down to my chest where I still held my hand. "Are you hurt?"

I flexed my fingers to gain back the circulation before placing both of my hands behind my back. "No."

Huffing to himself, he continues. "The vision showed me a child with the origins of a tree and snake, the will of an angel, and mind of a mundane would be able to wield such power and produce the heavenly fire. Just as you see here. I've searched for eons and decided to take matters in my own hands."

"By making a basketball team of children, no matter if the women agree to it or not."

"My desperation has left me to do foolish things, although I've spent most of my days in hell, I did made a oath to my father to protect humans. I've done it successfully until I've realized they never praise us the way we deserved it. They grew selfish, unholy, and turned on each other for things that is very irreplaceable. Even killed their own children for their greed."

"It's true then? You made Lucifer turn on his own father, convince Eve to eat the apple, and helped Lilith put a curse of Cain."

"You don't sound surprised."

"I'm not, I just needed confirmation on how cruel you are."

Ilorian laughed abruptly, the sound was chilling and harsh, it rocked my insides and made me want to run; but I stayed. "You and I both know we do what we have to in order to survive. Although I've successfully took over this world, does not mean I can not see what happens in yours. All those men you murdered and burned, some even begged for mercy but you still slashed their throats. What of the two hunters? You easily made them explode without second guessing. The witches you've threatened? The demons you sent back to hell? The two succubus? What of your own lover-"

"Keep Lucas out of this!" I screamed, my hands slammed down upon the podium, the sound echoed off the walls until it was a chilling silence between us.

Ilorian stares down at me with his left brow cocked and hands clasped behind his back. "He loved you, I can still feel it crawling under my skin. Yet, he feared your power, the person you may have become. Even in your world he had no clue what he would do if you ever gotten too out of control, whether to bound you to the house like some animal or kill you. Both options would break a lycan if they ever had to do that to their mate, he was even willing to kill himself if it came down to it."

"Stop." I spoke through gritted teeth, the mark burned my arm, it was a strain away from going into flames. "You may have stared at our world from below, but you do not know me nor what I've done. Each second of my life after your cult killed my mother has been a game of chess, each step I took someone I love was either killed, captured, or even both. Every breath I take, a demon has been trying to rip my throat out all because of what? I have your blood? That I was the only one to open the fucking gates of hell? I had nothing but chaos for the past five months, and I'm not going to let you ruin the one good thing in my world."

Ilorian did not blink from my anger, he drives from it, his jaw ticked as he refrained from smiling. "How do you feel of getting your body back?"

"The Jupiter here died five years ago, her body could be a step away from being bones by now."

"Not if you made two of the most powerful witches in all of Louisiana to keep it from decaying. I knew this time would come, I knew you would fall into another's form, and I know in order for you to be by my side as my daughter and sword- you would need to be whole."

I looked down at the mark upon my arm, it was the only thing that could kill them all. "I've gotten use to this body."

"If you worry about not having the mark, you should know it will always follow you whether you switch bodies or not. It's not latched onto the body, it's latched to your soul."

That's unpleasant to know.... "You put a spell on my body." It was more of a statement than a question, as I folded my arms in front of my chest. "You'll try to tame me, keep my magic at bay and most likely try to trap me here. Just because your vision may be right, does not mean I'm going to give in. Tell your witches to let my body decay, I'm not going into another one of your cages. Are we done here?"

Ilorian nod his head yes without hesitation. "Before you go, let me remind you it was your idea to come here, Gavriila nor I dragged you. Whatever it was that pulled you back, it wasn't just to get home and it is best to start accepting it, it'll make your time here easier."

"Who says I'm going to stay long enough for it to be easy?"

"I know things, Jupiter, I didn't spend long periods of time in hell sitting on my ass. Gavriila will give you clothes to sleep in, then tomorrow you can figure out why you're really here."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1M 34.4K 48
The Lycan race is dying and there's nothing they can do about it but watch their race die out. Since then they have resided in a cave sleeping until...
258 44 20
After the rising of humankind, creatures of the night were forced to fallback when they were almost faced with extinction, driving them into hiding...
Scales Af SaraLove

Fan Fiktion

1 0 20
Sequel to Fangs You were the leader of a large army filled by the next Generation, Gods on Earth, Camp Jupiter, Camp Half Blood, Hunters, and Occulti...
328 58 29
A new outbreak, a new adventure, a new beginning. They're back at it, saving the world for the second time. New love, more death, deeper drama, becom...