Backfired | SaTzu

By penguinii

Minatozaki Sana, the campus' heartbreaker. Yup, that's me. My friends used to lecture me about how the girls... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
not an update
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
nope, not an update

Chapter 21

6.1K 235 474
By penguinii

The bell did not just ring.

Fuck, I wanna sleep.

"Yah, wake up. Did you just fall asleep on my shoulder?" Chou Tzuyu asked in disbelief as she continously tapped my face.

I whined and slapped her hand away. "I was just about to sleep," I corrected, slightly annoyed. "Until the bell fucking rang."

She continued tapping my face as if I did not just slap it away. "Stand up, there are still classes!" She hissed. She then pinched my nose, causing me to yelp.

"Stop it!" I yelled, my eyes still closed. "I wanna sleep!" She didn't stop so in return, I wrapped my arms around her waist. I smirked when she froze. I took it as a chance to bury my face on her neck. Her scent is so calming.

After a few seconds, she finally relaxed. "We're already late, you know," she softly said. "I told our friends to leave already."

"Aww, Tzuyu-ah wants to be alone with me," I cooed.

She scoffed in disbelief. "They were also going to be late if I didn't tell them to leave," she explained.

"I'm sorry, I know, but I'm really sleepy," I told her. "Let's just. . . stay like this for a while, please?" I mumbled.

She sighed. "It's not like I can do something about it, right?"

I chuckled. "Right," I replied before burying my face deeper.

"What's got you so sleepy anyway?" She questioned.

I inhaled her scent before shrugging. I'm getting addicted. "I wasn't able to sleep."

"Why?"

Because you've been running on my mind, that's why. "I don't know," I answered.

She kept quiet for a while. "Why were you with Mark earlier?" She asked another question. Aigoo, is she really jealous?

I snorted. "One more question about Mark then I'd really think you're jealous," I teased.

"I'm not jealous, Sana. Just answer my question," she coldly replied. Geez, okay.

"Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to browse my phone," I started. "I was browsing my contacts when I saw his number—"

"How'd you get his number?" She cut me off. Tsk. Jealous.

"He put it on my phone while I was cr—" I cleared my throat. What the heck I almost told her that I was crying. "Anyways, so I saw his number and called him, because at that time I also didn't know how I got his number."

She scoffed. "He probably put his number on your phone so you'd call him," she butted in. She then muttered something that sounded like 'bastard'.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing, just continue," she replied.

"Oh, okay," I said in confusion. "So when he answered the call, he muttered someone else's name." I stopped to chuckle at the memory.

"Whose name?" Chou Tzuyu queried.

I sighed. "I can't tell you," I mumbled.

"Is it his secret?"

"Yeah."

I felt her nod. "Continue, then."

"So we basically just talked and after a few moments he suddenly got mad because—"

"He got mad?!" She repeated, her voice slightly raising.

I smiled before snorting. "Chill, let me finish will you?" I told her. "He got mad for just a few seconds because he realized it was too early but then his mood changed and suddenly he asked me for a walk."

"What time did he ask you 'for a walk'?" She asked mockingly. Yup, she is definitely jealous.

I paused for a while to think, enjoying her reactions. "Around four? I'm not sure."

"Four?! In the fucking morning?!" She exclaimed as she suddenly stood up, causing me to let go of her and be forced to open my eyes. Aish, where is the calm Chou Tzuyu that I know? But this side of her is definitely new, and cute. "You do know that's not safe, right?"

"Well, we didn't exactly walk 'cause he brought his car with him," I explained as I sleepily placed my head on the table.

"And what did you two do after that?" I bet she's raising an eyebrow right now.

Snorting, I propped my elbow on the table and rested my chin on my hand. "You really sound like a jealous girlfriend right now," I commented as I gave her a smug smile. "We just watched the sunrise." I looked at her with half closed eyes.

"Just the two of you?"

"With his dog."

She rubbed her temples as she paced around. "I— You can't do all of those again soon."

"Eh? Why?"

"Actually, you can," she continued as she sat beside me again. "But with me, got it?" She said with her usual stoic face.

But that still got me blushing.

I quickly hid my face behind my hair before standing up. "You know what? We should go before you completely lose your shit, jealous girlfriend."

She rolled her eyes and also stood up. "I'm not jealous."

I grinned at her. "Whatever floats your boat, Ms. Chou," I told her teasingly.

She didn't answer and just grabbed my hand before walking. It took me every ounce of my strength to stop myself from squealing. I just let her pull me until we reached the door of my class. I suddenly wished my class was farther than this.

She glanced at me before letting go of my hand. My hand is itching to grab her hand back. "You won't fall asleep in your class, right?" She reminded.

I snickered. "I won't. Unless it's boring, of course."

She nodded. "I'll be going now."

I nodded back. "Thank you. . . and I'm sorry that you're late because of me," I mumbled before looking down. Why am I being shy all of a sudden?

"Anything for you," she replied that made me snap my head up. Am I hearing things right now? "Besides, my class right now is my least favorite," she added.

I can feel my face heating up again. How do I stop it? "S–See you later?" I mentally slapped myself when I stuttered.

She smiled. Holy crap she smiled at me again how to fucking calm down?! Am I just dreaming? "See you later." She confirmed. She then turned around and walked away.

Once she was far enough, I bit my lip and squealed internally. Inhaling deeply, I grabbed the doorknob to open the door, only to find out that everyone was already staring at me.

Oops, maybe I squealed for real.

"And may I ask why are you late?" The professor questioned.

Okay, Sana, think of a lie. "I'm not really feeling well sir," I lied and hoped that he'd believe me.

I was relieved when he nodded. "That explains why your face is red," he stated. I looked down in embarassment. Am I that obvious? I heard a snort and glanced at where it came from and well, it was from Nayeon, of course. "Why don't you go to the clinic?" He suggested.

I shook my head politely. "It's alright sir, I can manage," I answered.

"Okay then, go to your seat now."

I immediately obeyed him and sighed when I finally got to sit down again. I badly need to sleep. I heard a snicker and I instantly knew who it was.

I glared at Nayeon who smirked at me. "You are sick? Did Tzuyu already take care of you?" She teased.

"Shut up, or I'll tell Jeongyeon to stop liking you."

She gasped loudly. "Excuse me?!" She might have said that out loud.

"Miss Im Nayeon and Miss Minatozaki Sana, mind sharing us your topic?" The professor suddenly butted in.

"I was just asking her sir if she's alright," Nayeon smoothly lied.

"Okay, now back to studying."

Nayeon and I both sighed in relief.

I already miss Chou Tzuyu.

Few moments have passed and I seriously need to sleep. I keep dozing off and I had to shake my head many times to keep awake, I even thought of banging my head on the desk but that's going to hurt, and surely students around me would notice.

The sleepiness flew away when I accidentally banged my head on the desk.

I probably had my chin on my hand and then dozed off.

But wow, that's effective.

And it does hurt.

I can already feel that all eyes were on me while I was rubbing my forehead with a pout. Then suddenly everyone cooed, except Nayeon who was laughing at me and the professor who just stopped writing on the board.

"What's the noise all about?!" The professor's voice boomed throughout the room.

Everyone fell silent for a few seconds, but a brave student then answered, "Sana was being too cute, sir." And then everyone cooed again.

My eyes went wide when he mentioned my name. Now it's my fault? Damn being popular.

"Miss Minatozaki Sana?" The professor raised an eyebrow as he stared at me.

"I'm sorry, sir," I apologized. "I almost fell asleep and suddenly banged my head on the desk." I looked down as I felt embarassment crawl up to me.

A knock on the door stopped every noise on my class. Whoever knocked, I'm going to give them a kiss. On the cheek, of course. Kiss on the lips are only for my Chou Tzuyu.

I did not just say that.

The door opened and a few of my classmates gasped. I raised my eyebrows in amusement. Who could be the gasp-worthy person?

"Yes, what's the matter?" Our professor questioned the person outside.

"Can I please excuse Miss Minatozaki Sana, sir?" My heart immediately reacted to that voice. I know who's outside! It's Chou Tzuyu!

Wait, does that mean I'll kiss Chou Tzuyu? Not just on her cheeks, but on her lips?!

Nayeon cleared her throat and gave me a knowing look. I bit the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from smiling.

"For what? Miss...?" The professor trailed off as he raised an eyebrow.

"Chou Tzuyu." I fucking knew it! I bowed my head to hide my growing smile. "I noticed that Sana wasn't feeling well earlier, sir. I'm worried," she explained.

She's what?! Worried?! Oh damn right she has to be worried right now, my heart won't stop beating fast for her!

I'm fucked.

"Psst, Nayeon," I whisper-yelled. "Call 911."

"What? Why?" She responded confused.

"My heart's about to explode."

A look of realization crossed her face. "Oh you—"

"And you are her...?" The professor spoke again, cutting Nayeon off. What does he mean by that?

Chou Tzuyu peeked and set her eyes on me. "Her girlfriend, sir." She then showed me that smug smile of hers.

Oh.

My heart just exploded.

Before anyone could even react, I slammed my hand on the desk and abruptly stood up. "I am sick!" I announced. "So sick that I could actually faint right here." Because of what Chou Tzuyu's doing to my damn heart.

"Yup sir, she's sick. We've noticed it since earlier," Nayeon seconded. "I suggest you let her be with Tzuyu so she could rest, sir." Then she horribly failed to sent me a subtle wink.

I looked down as I heard the professor's voice. "Sure, then," he gave up. "You may go now, Miss Minatozaki Sana."

I hid my victory smile and hurried toward the door. I may have closed it rather loudly but I don't care, what's important is that Chou Tzuyu's in front of me right now, with her annoyingly hot smirk.

"Eager to be with me, eh?" She remarked, much to my liking.

Composing myself, I grabbed her shoulders and softly pushed her on the wall. "Yah, why'd you excuse me all of a sudden?"

She shrugged. "Figured you already miss me so—" She wiggled her eyebrows. "Here I am. All yours," she continued, grinning.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath before inhaling deeply. She's going to be the death of me, for sure. But of course, the great Minatozaki Sana won't back down. I grinned back. "Is that your way of saying 'I missed you, Sana'?"

"I'm only doing what a good girlfriend should do, Miss Minatozaki Sana." She carefully removed my hand from her shoulders. "Or should I say, Chou Sana? You like the sound of that?" She teased.

I took a step backward, slightly pouting. "You're not really waiting for an answer, are you?"

When she didn't respond, I found her focused on my forehead. Before my hand could even cover it, she had already poked it with her finger. "Ow, dammit! Try to be gentle, will you?" I hissed.

She ignored my complaint and studied my forehed. "Why is it red?"

Pouting, I told her, "I accidentally banged it on the desk."

She gave me a funny look. "Accidentally?"

"You think I intended to do it?" I asked in disbelief.

She stared at me. "Knowing you, you probably thought it was a good idea at first," she stated in as a matter-of-fact tone.

I held her finger to put it away. "You're not wrong, though," I admitted. "But that doesn't mean it wasn't an accident!" I insisted.

She studied my forehed for a second more before staring into my eyes. "Want me to kiss the pain away?" She suggested all of a sudden.

My jaw dropped in shock. Did I hear that right? She'll kiss my forehead? That's definitely what a good girlfriend does!

That's fucking sweet.

I'm fucking lucky.

Then I melted when I felt her soft lips pressed on my forehead.

It felt like forever before she pulled away with a smile. "I was waiting for an answer, but you were too slow to give me one," she reasoned cutely.

I blinked, still not over the feeling of her soft lips on my forehead. "You know," I started. "You are not a good girlfriend."

She tilted her head to the side while pouting. "I'm not?"

Holy shit! Someone save my heart!

"Yup," I answered as I slowly reached for her hand. "Because you are the best girlfriend." Then I beamed at her. "Let's go and tell the nurse that I'm sick. I'm itching to get out of this school."

I tugged on her hand but she didn't react. She was frozen on her spot. A smirk formed on my lips because of that. "Falling for me now, eh?"

"Let's just go to the clinic."

I chuckled and let her pull me.

A few minutes later, we were finally out of the school building and is now on the parking lot, looking for her car. We may or may not have been bickering since we got out of the clinic.

"I can't believe you flirted with the nurse!" Chou Tzuyu exclaimed.

Yep, apparently I 'flirted' with the nurse and she won't shut up about it. I smell jealousy.

"Basically, I only smiled at the nurse," I emphasized before snorting. "But guess what, she fell in love with it. No one can really resist my charms, huh," I bragged.

She stayed silent.

"Yah." I nudged her. "Are you jealous?" I asked, not bothering to hide my grin. "Well, I told her that we're girlfriends, right? No need to be jealous, come on," I teased.

She kept walking and ignored me.

Oh crap, she's really jealous, huh? I pouted, although I'm behind her. What to do now that she's ignoring me? Dammit that sucks.

Struggling to keep up with her pace because of her long legs, I linked my arm with hers. "Yah! Why are you ignoring me?" I whined as I rested my head on her shoulder.

We stopped in front of her car and without warning, she went inside of it, forcing me to let go of her. Huffing, I immediately went to the passenger seat before she could even drive away without me.

"Tzuyu-ah," I called. "You don't need a car to drive me crazy," I joked to break the ice.

As expected, she pretended that she did not hear anything and kept on driving.

Sulking, I crossed my arms and stared outside the window. What the heck did I do wrong? Really, I did not flirt with the nurse! Actually, she was the one who was flirting with me. I was only being kind when I smiled at her. Dammit, I don't even know if Chou Tzuyu is really jealous or if she's just playing with my feelings!

But I'll be truly happy if she really is jealous.

But damn is she really jealous?

I heard a chuckle, causing me to snap my head toward Chou Tzuyu. "You became quiet, huh?" She pointed out.

"Because you're ignoring me!" I blurted out in annoyance.

Hearing her laugh is enough to calm me down. "Chill, sorry, okay?" She apologized while laughing.

"You don't mean it," I grumbled and looked away.

"Oh, come on," she replied in disbelief. Now is my turn to ignore her, hehe. Call me childish, yeah like my gay ass would care. Bleh.

No one talked for the next few minutes, until she stopped her car. "We're here," she told be as she went out of the car.

I hurriedly followed and eyed the big house in front of us, or should I say, a mansion.

"This is not my house," I blurted out in realization. Where the heck are we? Are we lost? Last time I checked my house didn't look like it has 20 rooms inside.

She stood beside me and held my hand. "Well, yeah obviously 'cause this is mine." How can she be sweet and savage at the same time? Name a girl who could do it like her, but I won't be waiting because we all know there's no other like her.

There's only one Chou Tzuyu in the entire world, and too bad for y'all, she's mine already.

But woah this house is hers?! She must be filthy rich!

"And you live alone?!" I exclaimed in surprise.

She nodded. "Yup. Let's go."

As we walked inside, I looked around, mesmerized by the sight. From the looks, to money? Damn, Chou Tzuyu's got it all.

I snapped out of my trance when she gingerly held my chin. "Close your mouth," she teased, her dimples deepening as she held in her laugh.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from her. As I did so, I saw her couch that I bet could fit us and our friends without even arguing about space. Should I even call it a couch?

Immediately, I ran and jumped onto it while screaming in delight.

"Did I just see you. . . turn into a child?" Chou Tzuyu told me in disbelief as she stood in front of me. "The playgirl doing that?"

"What? I got excited," I replied as I casually sprawled on the couch. Then I let out a sly smile as I opened my arms. "I need hugs to sleep!"

"Go hug yourself then." My smile dropped as I watched her walk away.

"What the— Where are you going?!" I panicked. Who wouldn't panic if the one that you like would leave you? In this damn large mansion?

"Just stay there!" She ordered.

I pouted and laid back down on the couch. I'll probably rot in here if she decided to leave me. I mean, who wouldn't get lost in a house possibly larger than our school? This place is like, five times larger than my house!

Oh, it just sunk in to me. I am in my crush's house. In Chou Tzuyu's house. Wow, my brain's a bit late. This is probably where I'll live soon when we get married.

Nah, what am I saying.

She's just my crush, it will probably go away.

But damn, when?

I sat up straight when I heard footsteps.

And oh my gosh, what a sight.

Chou Tzuyu wearing an oversized t-shirt and shorts exposing her long legs. . . is perfect.

"Eyes up here, Minatozaki." I snapped out of my trance and looked up. The smug expression on her face made me gulp. "Like what you see?"

I fucking love it.

"Uhh..." I trailed off the same time my eyes trailed down her legs. I mentally facepalmed when I realized what I did. "I'm going to sleep!" I squeaked.

She smirked. "Oh really?" I gulped once more. "You sure you're going to sleep with that clothes?" She gestured at what I'm wearing.

I took a good look at my clothes and well, maybe I'll be the first one to ever feel comfortable sleeping while wearing jeans.

She sighed, catching my attention. "Here." Her expression softened as she handed me the swearshirt and shorts that have been slung on her shoulder.

I took the clothes and held it tightly. "T–This is yours?" I wondered out loud. Man, I could wear this forever.

"You seem happy," she pointed out as she plopped down beside me. "Go change."

I scrunched my face up in confusion. "Where?"

She hummed, her eyes sparkling in mischief. "Hmm, if you have the confidence to change right here, no one's stopping you." She then sent me a smirk.

My mind went blank.

I gripped on the clothes so hard I bet my knuckles are whiter than Dahyun. "R–Right here? In front of y–you?" I stuttered. Shit, I can feel my heart pounding right now.

She nodded, her smirk remaining on her face. "Yup. Go ahead," she challenged.

I composed myself before squinting my eyes at her. "Oh, you want this, huh?"

"Why? Are you going to do it? Go on, do it," She taunted.

Much to her surprise, I dropped her clothes and stood up. When she saw me grab the hem of my shirt, her eyes widened.

"Are you seriously changing right in front of me?!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"What? I thought you wanted me to do it?" And with that, I completely took off my shirt.

She gasped and covered her eyes. "Stop! Dammit, Sana, stop!" She yelled.

"Come on, it's not like I'll be completely naked, and you wanted this!" I yelled back and struggled to take off my jeans. To be honest, I'm getting embarrased right now. What even pushed me to do this?!

"No! I was kidding! Please put on your clothes again and I'll tell you where the bathroom is so you can change properly!" She pleaded desperately. "I'm still a child!"

"Too late." Scoffing, I hurriedly wore her sweatshirt and shorts. "Still a child but never been innocent," I stated.

"I am innocent!" She insisted.

"And I am done," I replied.

"I don't believe you!"

I snorted. "Why don't you try and see for yourself?"

She slowly peeked through her fingers and when she was sure that I'm dressed, she removed her hands from her face and glared at me. "I can't believe you've done that!"

"Was it my fault? No." I picked up my clothes and threw them on the couch. I yawned after that.

Her expression softened and motioned for me to come toward her.

I gave her an incredulous look. "You won't kill me, right?"

She shrugged. "Maybe after you wake up."

I laughed and practically jumped onto her. She groaned as we laid down on the couch. I rested my head on her shoulder as I wrapped my arm on her waist. It's like what I did to her earlier on school, but this time we're lying down.

"You're such a child," she told me.

"So are you."

"And we're both not innocent." She chuckled.

"So you admitted it, huh? You really wanted me to change in front of you," I stated more than asked.

"I didn't expect you to do it."

"I am Minatozaki Sana, what can't I do?"

"Admitting that you love me?"

I stayed silent. I like her, yes. But  definitely don't love her.

Yet.

Wait, nope.

I lifted my head to see her face. "You like me, right?"

She stared at me for a moment before looking away. "No," she simply answered.

I slowly nodded, trying to distract myself from the hurt before resting my head back on her shoulder.

Ah, I'm hurting myself, aren't I?

"But if you and Mark ever go out alone for the second time, he'll never see the sunrise again."

I stiffled a smile.

I guess that's enough for me.

"I forgot something," I spoke softly.

"What?"

I smiled at her before placing a light kiss on her cheek.

I won't kiss her on the lips. I don't have the courage.

Yet.

Because kisses on the lips are only for her.

———

a/n: I. AM. CRINGIIIIINGGG.

Again, feel free to point out my mistakes, lmao.

What did I just write? Welp, here ya go hoomans, a dry update because I swear ideas hate me when it's daytime.

Anywaaaays, y'all follow me on twitter. This potato needs friends. And a distraction because I'm about to go back to school again.

#sChOoLiSlIfE
#IlOvEmYcLasSmAtEs
#IlOvemYTeAcHerS
#nOtOsLeEpbEcAusEaCtiVitIes

@minatookmyheart is mi username. Let's all be friends :>

Please bear with meeee. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 807 27
Mina, after a heartbreak, started to write a book on this online app for aspiring writers. Getting positive feedback from her readers she was startin...
55.2K 1.7K 16
Tzuyu is a guy here! Including Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. And everybody is the same age. Tzuyu with his dashing looks, never fail to melt teen...
26.9K 1K 87
When Minatozaki Sanas heart gets broken, She promises to never fall in love again, however her friends convince her to find a rebound relationship in...
50.2K 3K 42
******************** "You won't believe me, I dreamt about you last night." "So, how was the nightmare?" "Yah, it was not a nightmare. It was the bea...