๐”น๐•– ๐•Ž๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•„๐•– | ๐Ž๐‚ [C...

By Gentle8Kisses

In which in the town of Greendale, where it always feels like Halloween, there lived two young twins who were... More

1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.10
SEQUEL

1.9

3.2K 91 33
By Gentle8Kisses

"Who's a heretic, child?

Can you make it stick, now that I'm on trial"

I have been ignoring everyone who was involved in Tommy's resurrection. I refuse to talk to any of them. They not only messed with the natural order but they have lied to me. I know that something is up because every night I wake up buried in the Cain pit and I have to dig myself out and try to convince myself to fall back asleep.

At the academy, I have chosen to spend all my free time at the library with Bast, whose silence is greedily welcomed. I must confess however that my time with Bast has allowed him to open up to be a bit more than usual. He still remains closed off for the most part but I have slowly been unraveling the cold exterior of the handsome boy. For example, one day in the library, Bast and I were playing a trivia game, and much to my surprise, Bast was able to answer each question without fail even knowing other information on the topic that wasn't mentioned on the cue cards. That game quickly evolved into Bast teaching me about the topics that I would make up in my head.

I also learned that Bast was a talented artist who often spent his free time drawing when he wasn't too busy brooding around campus. My favorite days were spent in the courtyard, relaxing my head on Bast's bookbag as he drew. He never allowed me to see his portraits, always saying they were for him alone. 

I am drying my hair in the bathroom when I hear Astris's squawking. I exit the bathroom, after quickly putting on my silk robe. I walk up to her worried, "What's wrong?"

"I think I make her nervous", I jump hearing Bast's voice behind me. Astris growls but I walk up to her anyway and rub her head. She has always been sweet to me but, I do notice a resentment for other witches and warlocks.

I tighten my robe before shooting him my best glare, "Bast, what are you doing here? And how did you get into my room?"

Bast smirks at my discomfort, "Teleportation."

I nod my head before looking at him, waiting for his reasons for coming.

Bast sighs, "I know you are mad but, Agatha's sick. Really sick. Prudence says she's vomiting up dirt."

"What's that got to do with me? Sabrina caused this", I fold my arms in front of myself. I choose not to tell him that I have been waking up in the Cain Pit.

Bast runs his fingers through his hair, "I agree. I could honestly care less about the girl", he walks up to me and I don't stop him, interested to see what he has to say. This gives Bast the confidence to take a few more steps before he is right in front of me, "But when Nicholas told me the news, I figured you may need some help relaxing."

I open my mouth to say something but before I can speak, he has lowered his head into the crook of my neck and is diligently nipping at my skin, murmuring apologies.

"Bast", I warn but it quickly turns into a moan as his attack on my neck becomes more passionate. He moves us back until my back hits the wall, his lips slowly trail up until they are hovering above my own.

I am taking shallow breathes and try to catch my breath, before pulling Bast by the collar of his shirt and slamming his lips on to mine, "Just this one time."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

I feel suffocated as I am trapped under something heavy. The air is thin and muggy and I feel a layer of humidity. I try to move my arms up but realize the are trapped at my sides. Again. I feel water lining my eyes, at the thought of having to go through this horrendous process again. I scream, after trying to hold it in for so long.

A banshees scream is like a sneeze, you have to do it. It is a reflex to help make the side effects of your abilities lesson or better your hearing.

I slowly begin to thumps at the soil so it can loosen and allow me to dig myself out. Once I do, I tirelessly claw at the gravel like dirt with my nails until I finally get one hand out. I pull the rest of my body out until I am completely out of the hole.

I cough up any dirt that I may have swallowed and get up to leave. I am greeted by my entire family and Bast, all of them expecting answers. I look up at them, "I am going to go get cleaned up."

I point to the house before walking away. I know they won't push me until after I finish. They know the horrors of being a banshee and understand I might need time to calm down. The truth though is that I simply needed time to come up with a lie for my aunts.

Once I finish ridding myself of any memories of the last hour, I walk downstairs. I notice everyone sitting around the table. I expected the scene to be awkward because of Bast but, I am shocked when I see everyone animately talking with him. I assumed I would have to explain why there was a boy in my room, defend myself, and tell them how we didn't have sex but merely fell asleep talking on my bed. I look at Aunt Zee preparing for 'The Look' but all I get is an impressed smile as she hungrily stares Bast down.

I turn to Bast, to see him proudly looking at me, almost waiting for praise. Aunt Zelda stands up before leading me to the empty seat by Bast, "Well, don't just stand there, sit down."

I smile, playing with my wet hair, scared. I don't know how to react to this, I expected Aunt Zelda to be disappointed. I sit down next to Bast who gives me a cocky wink. I shove him with my shoulders, with mock annoyance.

Aunt Zelda sits down in front of me before turning to Aunt Hilda, "Look at them, can't keep their hands off each other. Aren't they just adorable?"

I feel my cheeks flush, but Bast doesn't seem embarrassed and instead grabs my hand in his, pressing a light kiss on my knuckles, "Your niece is amazing," he tells my Aunt Hilda in his usual strained voice. I can't help but notice how similar he is to my oldest Aunt.

I smile at his words, allowing myself to get lost in his deep brown eyes. I don't even think about the others in the room as I just allow myself to get lost in the bottomless pits that belong to the one and only Sebastian.

Sabrina cuts our moment short, "So, sis, are you okay?"

I lower Bast and I's hand under the table and turn to Sabrina with a sarcastic smile. I feel Bast rub my hand, probably worried about me. I am sure that he is aware I'm a banshee since my father apparently studied my abilities before his death.

I clear my thought before speaking, "Yes. And before you ask Aunties, I don't know why I woke up in the Cain Pit, yet...Maybe someone is about to be buried again?"

I slyly say directing my eyes to Aunt Hilda. I know it is wrong of me but it was the only thing I could think of. Our Aunties both looked at each other scared and worried, before smiling at me and Bast. Aunt Zelda avoids Aunt Hilda's gaze looking directly at us, "Well, I will inform the academy when I go for Satanic Choir, that you will be taking a few days off so you can figure this puzzle out. Hopefully, before we lose another mortal. Satan knows this town can't bear another death."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Bast and I are in the courtyard, I am listening to him read me one of his favorite sonnets from an old warlock writer. We were on a picnic blanket, Bast is holding me in his arms while I lean on him.

I allow myself to be captured by his melodious voice when I suddenly feel my butt vibrating. Bast stops his passage before turning to me with a strange look in his eyes, "Gracelina please tell me that isn't your phone?"

I blush before reaching into my short pocket and grabbing my phone, "My aunt is calling. Excuse me."

Bast tuts before turning back to his book causing me to wrinkle my nose at his disgusting mind. I answer the phone and am immediately greeted with a hectic Aunt Hilda yelling about how I need to meet her in Father Blackwood's room because Agatha was buried in the Cain Pit.

I grumble before grabbing Bast's hand in mine and bringing him with me to Father Blackwood's office, explaining everything on the way. I didn't even notice that I had taken him without his consent, as I am sure would have been a big deal for any other person. Bast didn't complain, however, as he quickly spelled all of our left behind belongings into his room.

Once we make it inside Aunt Hilda demands we explain everything.

I sigh while Bast begins to explain everything, "It started last night."

"Oh, I see. Yeah. Well, the Cain Pit is a miracle, really but if you come back too soon, you'll make yourself ill. It's a form of decompression sickness, like when divers get the bends. Do it too fast and you're gonna vomit up half the cemetery."

"What do we do?", Prudence wonders.

"Well, I reckon she has too much earth in her system, so we need to rebalance her elements", Aunt Hilda nods before looking at me to back her up.

"She is right", I tell them before moving my hand out of Bast's to inspect her, causing him to place his hand on my back as if he didn't trust Agatha, "Tonic or fizzy water, which will give her water and air. And a dash of cayenne pepper for fire. Three times a day, for a week."

"She'll be right as rain", Aunt Hilda beams.

Prudence looks at us perplexed, "That's it? Fizzy water?"

I smirk at her before tilting my head, "Oh, but you'll serve it with love, won't you?"

Aunt Hilda quickly pushes me and Ambrose out of the room.

Ambrose turns to us before whispering, "Not to question you, but you just prescribed Alka-Seltzer to a girl who came back from the dead."

"There's something to be said for keeping them busy", Aunt Hilda murmurs.

"Ambrose, the dirt that she's coughing up is practically gravel, which tells us that Agatha shouldn't have been brought back in the first place. As I predicted", I inform him.

"The earth is owed a soul, it means to collect", Aunt Hilda tells him, "So, pray, tell me. What was Agatha doing in the Cain Pit in the first place?"

Ambrose and I both look at each other, knowing that Sabrina is in for it this time.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Aunt Hilda had Ambrose and I go to the embalming room whilst she spoke to Brina. I was talking to Ambrose about his relationship with the blonde warlock that he is so smitten with when he stopped put conversation and pulled me over to the bodies.

"Cousin, check this out", Ambrose tells me before pointing to bloodied marks on their bodies.

I gasp once I realize what they are, "Bite marks."

He nods before rushing upstairs, "I got to get Auntie H."

I nod while I closely analyze the bite marks. The only living thing that could have been down there was Tommy. Meaning that not only is he not going to get better but he is getting worse. Sabrina has made a monster.

They all walk in and I put on gloves to point out the bite marks, "That wound", I point to the corpse's arm then his chest, "And that one. Those are bite marks."

"These teeth, they're human", Auntie H wonders in horror.

"Yep", Ambrose nods popping his lips at the 'p', "Taking a guess, I think, that's why Tommy hasn't eaten. He isn't hungry."

"Yet", Aunt Hilda catches on to what we are hinting.

Sabrina finally speaks looking up at me with horror in her eyes, "Harvey."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Although I am still furious at Sabrina, I push back my hard feelings to help Harvey. We are briskly walking towards his house when we notice Mr. Kinkle running away, "Mr.Kinkle!?"

He grabs my arm and pulls me toward him, ignoring protests from Sabrina, "Don't go in there."

I wrinkle my nose at the stench of alcohol but Mr. Kinkle doesn't notice, "He's an animal! He's not my son."

He lets go of me and Sabrina and I run, in the house imagining the worst. Sabrina is yelling Harvey's name as we both search for him. We finally see him in the den, "What happened?"

Harvey looks up at us, "My dad punched me-and-and then Tommy tried to kill him."

My eyes widen, "Whoa! Are you okay?"

Sabrina is trying to help him calm down. Harvey seems to be in shock, "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just trying to get him calmed down. Maybe he's thirsty."

Sabrin and I look at each other in relief, "Here", I hand him my flask filled with a sleeping potion, "Give him some of this."

Once he gives it to Tommy he falls asleep immediately, so we all go outside and sit on Harvey's doorstep, "That's the only time Tommy looks normal. When he's asleep."

Sabrina grabs his hand, "Harvey, Tommy will get better. Just like the doctor said, he's in shock."

I glare at Sabrina for lying to him but Harvey shakes his head, "No. Something's wrong with him, 'Brina. And I know, all I should be is grateful...And I am, but in the back of my mind, I keep wondering how did Tommy get out? How did he survive? You saw his hard hat. It was covered in blood. He was under all that rock and not a single broken bone?"

Harvey isn't stupid, I wish Sabrina gave him more credit. He would have gotten over Tommy's death like me, but now it will only be harder to move on. I grab his hand in mine, "Hey, you'll we'll get through this. Trust us. It's not over."

Harvey begins to protest but Brina stops him, "But you have to be careful. Tommy's asleep now. I bet he'll sleep through the night. But if he doesn't, and he tries to hurt you, you have to run. Harvey, do you promise?"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

We walk back home and I notice Aunt Zelda waiting for us. My sister doesn't though, "Aunties? Are you here? I need-"

I turn to Sabrina in anger, she can't be asking for more help. Doesn't she realize she has done enough?

Aunt Zelda seems to be fed up with Brina and snaps, "I frankly don't care what you need, Sabrina. But I'll tell you what I need. An explanation! For why a Spellman was practicing necromancy on a mortal boy in Greendale."

Aunt Hilda looks at us with a frown, "She knows everything, loves."

I nod and sit on the other side of the stairwell, knowing that she is aware this is not my doing.

"And why, in Satan's name, she would drag other witches into her reckless, stupid, selfish plans?", Aunt Zelda howls in anger.

Sabrina glares, "I did it for Harvey."

Aunt Zelda smiles, in fake joy, "Did you? And tell me, did he ask you to do it? No, because no one in their right mind would do what you did."

"How did you even know what spell to use?" She begs, trying to find a reason not to put all the blame on my sister, "Ambrose says he didn't give it to you."

Ambrose jumps in, "I didn't."

"Gracelina didn't help you!"

"I'd never", I add.

"Ms. Wardwell", Sabrina whispers.

"She gave it to you?", Aunt Zelda asks, ready to storm over to her house right now.

"No. No, I took a book from her office", Sabrina reasons.

"Oh, so you're a thief, as well as a murderer", Aunt Zelda says in embarrassment.

"Murderer?", Sabrina questions, not understanding what she has done.

"You killed a witch, didn't you?", Aunt Zelda asks her, knowing the answer.

"Just for a few minutes", Sabrina justifies.

How dare she? I have spent the last three days of my life in utter hell because she wanted to kill a girl for a few minutes? I can't stop myself from snapping at her, "This is not a joke, Sabrina."

Aunt Zelda glares at me to be quiet, "You've thrown everything off the balance."

Sabrina scoffs, "Not me, Agatha and Dorcas. They killed Tommy. This wasn't some natural disaster. I was undoing what witches did."

Aunt Zelda walks down the stairs in pure fury, "All you did was make things worse. It is not your job to balance the natural universe! It is your sisters! A banshee's!"

"I'm going to fix this, I am going to save Tommy", Sabrina tells her.

"Fix what? There's nothing to fix, and he can't be saved", Aunt Zelda tries to make Sabrina understand, "Sabrina, you had no place! It's done, Sabrina. He belongs in the ground and that's where he's going."

"Not if I pass over into mortal limbo and bring his soul back", Sabrina tells her before looking at me, "We're half-mortal, we can go there."

I look at her in horror. She has already wrapped me up in her plan! I quickly object although they don't listen.

"If you what?', Aunt Zelda asks incredulously.

Sabrina continues to my horror, "We just need someone to anchor us here on the physical plane."

Aunt Zelda looks at her, with looks to kill, "Sabrina I have just spent the very last of my credibility with the High Priest begging, begging him to let us clean up your mess, to take care of this atrocity ourselves, to save our family in the eyes of the coven."

They're bickering becomes rushed and I struggle to keep up.

"We're standing in a grave, young lady, all of us, and you want to dig it deeper?"

"I don't care about the High Priest, Aunt Zee."

"I care about what's right. And about Harvey. And his brother. I'm going to cross over."

I stand up and walk over to her in seconds, fed up with her bullshit, "You don't care about anyone but yourself Sabrina. You can't even listen to your boyfriend enough to see he isn't happy with Tommy back!"

"You're not capable of the magic required to cross the barrier", Aunt Zelda snidly remarks.

"You don't know what I'm capable of", Sabrina threatens.

"You're a 16-year-old child, not some grand magus!"

"And you're not my mother, Zelda, so stop acting like you are!"

Aunt Hilda jumps up, "Oy! You do not speak to your Aunt Zelda like that. Not ever!"

"It's fine, Hilda", Aunt Zelda backs her sister away, "You heard her. She's not a child, and I'm not her mother. She's a grown-up witch now, and it's time she learned how the world, the realms, really work. Everything has a price. Edward learned that lesson. I learned it. It's your turn now. Try to save this mortal, even if it rips the membrane to pieces. But don't pretend it's not for selfish reasons. And don't come crying to me when it all blows up in your face."

"No one will help you, just as Aunt Zee says", Ambrose tells her before walking up the stairs to his room.

"He's right", I tell her before kicking my heeled leather boots off the staircase and walking up the stairs behind him. I can't even look at her right now.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

I was in my room following my sister through my abilities. Although I am mad at her I still love her and won't allow her to get stuck in limbo. I technically can't physically be with her, but I can track her soul and Tommy's.

I feel Sabrina and Tommy's souls intertwine and I know they are close. I smile but as quickly as they come Tommy's spirit disappears, and his soul with it. I gasp in pain, not only the pain of completely losing Tommy but the pain he actually felt since I bonded with him.

I quickly break both connections, knowing Sabrina made it and run to the Kinkle household, to help my sister, who I know had to tell Hervey the truth. I cut through the woods and manage to make it there in minutes.

I walk into the Kinkle household through the back entrance, knowing that there was a key hidden under the mat. I walk into the kitchen and immediately know I am too late.

Harvey's eyes turned to mine full of fear and hatred, I felt my heart contract. He knows everything already, and he hates us. He is holding a rifle in his hands and I know it is loaded.

I raise my hands in the air and pray this is not going to be my end.

He looks at me with a grim look on his face, "Your sister just left through the front door and I suggest you do the same."

Tears are already streaming down my face, I don't move yet, I just look at him with a sorry expression, "Harvey, I did-I didn't take part i-in this."

Harvey looks at me with a broken expression and looks up, trying to stop the tears, "Please, just leave."

I frown before numbly walking out of the house. I see Sabrina talking to the Weird sisters before hobbling away. I am now hideously bawling, and can't even manage to walk five steps before I collapse. I hear a gunshot and I know it is done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 5.7K 41
*CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA* Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street, faster than the wind, passionate as sin and ending...
1.4K 81 30
SEQUEL OF LOVE OR POWER? THIS IS THE REAL QUESTION. We had stayed in Greendale with the Spellman family who just learned that the cause of all the ba...
364 1 25
A magical adventure is about to begin! The first book of the first arc of a comedic and sarcastic series with a new duo! In the beginning to the adve...
207K 3.2K 17
A collection of one-shots of our favorite 'The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina' characters. [CLOSED] [second book of one shots available now!] ยฉ scoo...