The Stepbrother (UPDATED)

By emopastelgirl

This story has been edited and updated! Please Read: WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger... More

Author's Note
Please Read: Updated Author's Note
Oct 2022: Updated Author's Note
March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff
πŸ”ͺPrologue (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 1: Aurora (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 5: The Big Day (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 7: Mr. Davies and Black Mailing (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 11: Warning (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 16 Part 1: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 16 Part 3: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 18: Hello... Brother (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 20: Scars, Wounds, Lies, and Cameras (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)
July 2023 Author's Note
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 22: Sleepover Gone Wrong (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 24: Runaway (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)
Might put this story ON HOLD or even DISCONTINUE this story and other stuff...
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)
Announcement
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)
Thank you for 100k!
Author's Note
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)
taking a break from wattpad
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺChapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 34: Clock's Ticking, Your Time Is Up (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)
πŸ”ͺ QnA!
Sequel Teaser!
πŸŽ‰Thank you for 300k and 7k votes!!!
Prequel + Heavy Editing
If this story will turn into a movie...
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
FINALLY! EDITING AND UPDATING DONE!

πŸ”ͺ Chapter 23: Hospitalized (UPDATED)

13.8K 382 33
By emopastelgirl

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/11/2023

Aurora's POV

The next morning came and I was just sitting on my bed, hugging my knees, looking out from my window. I should be in school today but I don't feel like it. My best friend is in the hospital, almost got killed last night, and how am I supposed to go to school and pretend nothing happened?

I heard someone knocking on my door and I didn't open my mouth. I just remain still like a statue. A sad statue.

I heard the doorknob clicked and I quickly averted my gaze towards the door. It's just my Mom.

"Hey sweetie, just checking up on you." She said as she walk towards the bed and sit down. "Still not changing your mind about going to school today?"

I let out a sigh. "Mom, I don't want to go to school. I just want to check up on Heather and see if she's okay. " I said and my throat feels dry as well as my lips. "I thought you're going to work."

"Well, I decided to take the day off.  I can't just leave you here all alone since you don't want to go to school. If I'm at work and I just leave you alone, I don't think I can focus on my work." She said. "And you didn't have any breakfast, do you want me to bring it up here?"

"I don't want to eat anything. I just want to go to the hospital and check on my best friend. I'm worried about her." I said and I can feel tears in my eyes as I continue staring outside the window.

"Well, since it's a bit early... how about we'll take a joyride for a while then I'll take you to the hospital, is that okay?" She suggested.

I turn to look at her and nodded. She smiles and leans forward to place a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay, get yourself dress and I'll wait for you." She said before getting off the bed and left the room.

I drag myself out of the bed and get myself ready. I took a hot bath around 2 in the morning while crying my eyes out so I just need to change my clothes. I just grab a sweater, a thick jacket, a pair of pants, and my black shoes.

After I get myself ready, I grab my phone and head out of my room and walk down the stairs.

I saw Mom sitting on the couch and I called out to her. She spotted me and gets up from the couch and grabs the keys on the side table.

We walk out of the house and get inside the car. Then we buckle up and Mom started the car engine before driving off.

"Um, Mom... can we buy a 'get well' gift for Heather?" I asked.

"Of course, sweetie. I'm sure she would like that." She said.

I nodded and look out from the car window. We passed by a couple of houses and trees and then something caught my eye. I could have sworn I saw someone, wearing a dark hoodie and just standing there. Wait... it looks familiar.

"Mom, stop the car," I said. Then she hit the brakes and I roll down my window. I stick my head out and the person wearing a hoodie just disappeared.

"What is it Aurora, did you see something?" Mom asked as I stick my head back inside and roll the car window up.

"Nothing. It's nothing." I said.

I can feel my Mom staring at me worriedly before driving off again but I just pretend to ignore it.

__

We already bought a gift for Heather and Mom just parked her car in the parking lot right in front of the hospital building.

We head out of the car and the cool air hits my face which makes my skin a lot colder. Then we walk towards the building.

After the nurse told us the room where Heather was placed and Mom decided to wait for me in the lobby and told me to go on ahead.

Heather's room is located on the third floor so I take the elevator. Once the elevator doors are open, I head in and press button number 3. I can feel the elevator going up and I let out a sigh. I tilted my head up and I saw my own reflection looking down on me.

The elevator stops and the doors open once more. It's on the third floor. I head out and look for Heather's room. 

It's been so long since the last time I've been in the hospital. My Dad was a doctor and Mom and I often visited him. But ever since the day he died, I've grown not so fond of hospitals.

Once I found Heather's room, I knock on the door and wait.

"Come in." Someone said and I open the door. Entering the room, I found bags on the floor and plastic bags, and a bouquet of flowers on the table.

"Hey Ro," Heather called out weakly.

"Hey Heather, I got you a gift," I said, walking towards the bed.

"Thanks, just place it there." She pointed to the small table next to her bed and I place the gift on top of it. I grab a chair and sit down next to the bed, facing her.

"Are you doing okay?" I asked.

"I felt like crap but now I'm okay. My shoulder is healing at the moment though." She said. "The question is... Are you okay?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Come on, Ro. You got bad dark circles under your eyes, your skin got deadly pale that makes you look like a walking piece of paper and you lost some weight. So I'm asking... are you okay?"

Yes, I have checked myself in the mirror and I try to make myself look different and feel different yet I still feel like being stabbed endlessly. And no, I'm not okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But this is not about me. Anyways, how long are you gonna be here?"

"I don't know. You're not going to school today?" She asked.

"No. After that incident, I couldn't sleep and I was so worried about you. And if I'm in school, I don't think I can concentrate when I'm busy worrying about you." I said and I just realized that I sound like my Mom. "And also, I don't feel like it."

"Aw, that means Eddie is all alone in school." She said but then my eyes went wide open.

"Oh my gosh, Eddie doesn't know, does he? Well, I guess I'll text him the details or something."

"Don't forget about confessing your feelings to him soon. Then you'll be a happy couple." She teased. "Don't take this the wrong way but you should go now. I'm fucking tired."

"Oh okay, you're probably right," I said, getting up from my seat. "Get better soon."

"And take care of yourself while I'm gone and I'm serious, Ro. Spend some alone time with Eddie and don't worry about me." She said.

I nodded. "Okay. Bye Heather Feather."

"See you soon, Sleeping Beauty." She teased and I let out a giggle. I walk out of the room and head towards the lobby to meet up with Mom.

__

Time passed and I was just staring at the ceiling. Someone just opened the door and walk in which made me turn around and I saw Steven entering the room which made me alert and I get off the bed.

"What do you want?" I glare at him as he walks towards me.

"Just checking up on you, princess. " He said and I rolled my eyes out.

"Look, I'm not in the mood to talk to you, okay? Leave me alone." I said.

"Sorry about your friend. Oh, wait... I think she deserves it anyway. It's still a shame though."

After hearing those words, it made me angry and I just want to slap him in the face.

"It was you, wasn't it? You tried to kill Heather." I said, glaring at him.

"She deserves it." He said.

"You almost killed her. And why does she have to be involved in this? She did nothing wrong."

"Oh, but she did. She was in the way. And she needs to be out of the picture." He said, taking a step closer to me.

"You know what? I'm so sick of this. If you don't want to have yourself locked up behind bars, I suggest you stay away. Stay away from Toby, my Mom, my friends, and also stay away from me."

"Now how can I do that when we live in the same house, hmm? I own you."

I scoffed. "You don't own me, you fucking psycho."

'SLAP!'

He slapped me and then he grabs my arm and drag me somewhere. He made me stand in front of the mirror while he's right behind me and pulls down the fabric of my turtleneck sweater to reveal some of my faded and old marks.

"You see this? Those are the marks to remind you that I own you. And my child is right inside of you which means there's no way you'll get out of this and remember the child is mine. Now if you don't want every person, who you love, to die, I suggest you do what you think what's best for everyone else, is that understood?"

I didn't answer. He then slowly squeezes my throat until I couldn't breathe.

"I understand! I understand." I said.

He lets go of my neck and walks out of the room, closing the door. I pull up the collar of my turtleneck sweater and tears start to fall out of my eyes. I smack the mirror and I fall to my knees as I continue crying.

'Fuck, I am so weak. I want to fight back but I don't think I'd stand a chance.'

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/11/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 2.5K 28
⚠️warning⚠️ this story involves BDSM, stalk home syndrome, DDLB, abuse, blood, rape, yelling/shouting, suicidal thoughts, depression, self harm, stut...
100K 4.2K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
608K 29.9K 54
↳ ❝ [ シスコン ] ❞ ━ yandere step brothers x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a girl moves with her mother to her stepfather's home, ...
CAN I ESCAPE? By A.K.

Mystery / Thriller

15.4K 282 29
"I want a divorce. I don't want to live here. I know everything now", she said with pain and anger. His eyes turned red and he clenched his fists. He...